Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,470 members, 7,861,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (705544 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by yahyamay(m): 7:38am On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:
My smart charger is no longer working. It simply shows green light while connected to the batteries, no red. However, all my batteries are dead. I don't mind repairing it myself if I know what to replace.

it may be low voltage. try it on a stabilizer.experienced same sometimes if the light drops down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:59am On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:
My smart charger is no longer working. It simply shows green light while connected to the batteries, no red. However, all my batteries are dead. I don't mind repairing it myself if I know what to replace.
But mine is still working, check the switch at the back of the charger,maybe its off .
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2016
yahyamay:

it may be low voltage. try it on a stabilizer.experienced same sometimes if the light drops down
True talk, I noticed it too when i had low current,
Another thing i noticed was that I mistakenly blocked the fan area of my smart charger, the charger started getting extremely hot ,I sensed its overheating and i quickly gave it space from the wall that was blocking the cooling fan,
Please make sure the cooling fan area has ventilation space
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

But mine is still working, check the switch at the back of the charger,maybe its off .

No its not. The thing is I'm in the east and don't have anyone to help me drop it at the shop I bought it from. Wouldn't be in Lagos for a while.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:32am On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:

No its not. The thing is I'm in the east and don't have anyone to help me drop it at the shop I bought it from. Wouldn't be in Lagos for a while.
My guy, have u tried plugging it to a stabilizer ? My be ur light is low over there,
If it doesn't work that way, it will need repairing
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Naijaepic: 8:45am On Jan 20, 2016
I discovered that if your main power voltage is less than 170V or thereabouts the charger will not work. You might need a stabilizer to sit between your charger and the power source in your apartment. This equally apply to some generator, if the voltage output from genset cannot be guarantee.

Leopantro:
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 9:04am On Jan 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

My guy, have u tried plugging it to a stabilizer ? My be ur light is low over there,
If it doesn't work that way, it will need repairing

If I plug it to electricity but don't connect it to battery, the green light comes on. If I disconnect it from electricity and connect it to the batteries, the green light goes on. If I connect it to electricity and the battery, the green light doesn't change to red to indicate it's charging the battery. However, the batteries are dead and don't power the UPS. The UPS is working, took it for servicing yesterday. If I connect the UPS to the battery, it lasts for a few seconds before going off meaning that the UPS charged the battery a little.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by yahyamay(m): 10:29am On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:

If I plug it to electricity but don't connect it to battery, the green light comes on. If I disconnect it from electricity and connect it to the batteries, the green light goes on. If I connect it to electricity and the battery, the green light doesn't change to red to indicate it's charging the battery. However, the batteries are dead and don't power the UPS. The UPS is working, took it for servicing yesterday. If I connect the UPS to the battery, it lasts for a few seconds before going off meaning that the UPS charged the battery a little.

have you tried using stabilizer?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:

Try look for a 12volt bulb at any electrical shop and connect ur smart charger to it, connect the red(+) and he black (-) of the chager to the 12volt bulb and see if the bulb light will come ON , if it does that means the charger is working or look for a 12vots cooling fan and connect to the fan and see if the fan will roll
i believe ur charger is still ok
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

Try look for a 12volt bulb at any electrical shop and connect ur smart charger to it, connect the red(+) and he black (-) of the chager to the 12volt bulb and see if the bulb light will come ON , if it does that means the charger is working or look for a 12vots cooling fan and connect to the fan and see if the fan will roll
i believe ur charger is still ok

Thanks, will try that
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:

Thanks, will try that
dont forget to let us know the outcome
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:

Thanks, will try that
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by emmaoanidu(m): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
12 volt is car bulb. so he should lookout for an auto shop.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

Checked it. Got a mechanic to rig a 12v bulb with wires, Didn't work. Connected it to a stabilizer, didn't work. connected it to a 12v portable DVD player, didn't work. Kept showing green light like Ice prince's girlfriend but no red light. Don't know what to do.
Here's a picture of the inside ;would appreciate it if someone could show me which component has stopped working and I will try and replace it.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
I'm wondering if it's that capacitor close to the output black and red wires close to the bottom of the picture because the Meter does not register the voltage through the output I. E the meter rests on zero when I connect the batteries unlike before when it swings to 12v when I connects to battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:
I'm wondering if it's that capacitor close to the output black and red wires close to the bottom of the picture because the Meter does not register the voltage through the output I. E the meter rests on zero when I connect the batteries unlike before when it swings to 12v when I connects to battery.
if the capacitor top is swollen ' change it, a capacitor is not more than 100naira at idioro mushin
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Leopantro: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

if the capacitor top is swollen ' change it, a capacitor is not more than 100naira at idioro mushin

None of the capacitors are swollen and can't detect that snell associated with burnt electrical parts
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
Leopantro:

None of the capacitors are swollen and can't detect that snell associated with burnt electrical parts
i am now confused
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2016
An amazing job here Op do keep it up

I dont know if I can get these products in Benin if I can, original is another thing Benin people speak up o

Can yu help acquire them all n forward to Benin?
just incase ....
thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2016
ceejay80s:
Special thanks to these guys:
TeOwl
initialize
makavele
ojib
lwise
liadi
saint2ace
martinz1
bishop4life
pato405
penuelseun

Thanking these guys for at least assisting me on this thread, sincerely, I learned a lot from them, no matter how wise or educated u are, there are still so many things u don't know , thank u guys for the wonderful job and also thanking all those that contributed one or two things, and everyone that posted here........
And thanking bobojoshua for always quoting my post and most times quoting without a reply .

Oga ceejay, I doff my hat!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:28am On Jan 21, 2016
TeOwl:
In August 2015, NEPA brought a bill of N15,400 to my house. My average NEPA bill from December 2014 - January 2016 is N8,400.

I stopped paying after NEPA brought a bill of N15,400 to my house... now, NEPA has cut my light... I only use generator.

I use 4 litres of fuel a day, and I get 8 hours 15 minutes of light from it. My fuel cost is N10,800 for 31 days of generator light that I can control and is constant unlike NEPA that is erratic and sometimes i don't get light from NEPA for days.

For 5 weeks spanning from end of May 2015 to the end of June 2015, there was no light in my group of closes because they took our transformer, yet NEPA still gave me a bill of N6,700.

It pays me to use generator and back up with batteries than to pay my NEPA bill, because I would get more hours of electricity overall.

It's either you live on my street OR you know about my current situation and you decided to bring it to nairaland.

Your narration is exctly my experience, same bill, same story, same months the events occured. I can upload a pix of my Dec- January bill. It ws exactly, N15,200! I just laughed because i know I've defeated them. I have been trying the marketers number. I want her to come and disconnect my light and then i will simply tender a formal letter to her hopeless organisation that I no longer need their light. Last year alone, I paid estimated bills totalling more than N140K. Unbeknown to me, the former occupant left the flat due to PHCNs wahala, and left an accumulated debt of 165K, which I cleared because they promised me that if I pay up the debt, they'll install a pre-paid meter. thius was over a year ago, but till date, I never see prepaid meter, i only keep seeing more and higher estimated bill.

My prayer now be say, make I fit gather just a little from spare cash and get 80-130watt solar which really, shouldn't be more than 20k, and add to my set up for charging it this summer period, then when the cloudy season comes in June, I'll simply revert to charging with gen. I will continue that way until my protest for prepaid meter is granted. For now, I dey enjoy my set-up kampe...na just to add more batteries - which is really optional for me.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2016
moski5:
An amazing job here Op do keep it up

I dont know if I can get these products in Benin if I can, original is another thing Benin people speak up o

Can yu help acquire them all n forward to Benin?
just incase ....
thanks
yes i can
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:55am On Jan 21, 2016
pato405:

It's either you live on my street OR you know about my current situation and you decided to bring it to nairaland.

Your narration is exctly my experience, same bill, same story, same months the events occured. I can upload a pix of my Dec- January bill. It ws exactly, N15,200! I just laughed because i know I've defeated them. I have been trying the marketers number. I want her to come and disconnect my light and then i will simply tender a formal letter to her hopeless organisation that I no longer need their light. Last year alone, I paid estimated bills totalling more than N140K. Unbeknown to me, the former occupant left the flat due to PHCNs wahala, and left an accumulated debt of 165K, which I cleared because they promised me that if I pay up the debt, they'll install a pre-paid meter. thius was over a year ago, but till date, I never see prepaid meter, i only keep seeing more and higher estimated bill.

My prayer now be say, make I fit gather just a little from spare cash and get 80-130watt solar which really, shouldn't be more than 20k, and add to my set up for charging it this summer period, then when the cloudy season comes in June, I'll simply revert to charging with gen. I will continue that way until my protest for prepaid meter is granted. For now, I dey enjoy my set-up kampe...na just to add more batteries - which is really optional for me.

these people are making bastard money from us, 15,200naira multiply by just 50million nigerians monthly is how much?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
The motherfuckas have cut my light since October 6th 2015, yet they are still bringing bill to my house... smiley

pato405:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
TeOwl:
The motherfuckas have cut my light since October 6th 2015, yet they are still bringing bill to my house... smiley

They cut mine about that same period. Sept 2015. Then I came out. The woman was ranting at the top of her voice, saying that she was given a target of 100million and that my flat was owing 165k. I explained to her that I moved in a few months ago and the debt was accumulated by the former occupant. she bluntly gave me an 'I DONT CARE' response and said I must pay her at least 60k on the spot. So I managed to raise 40k that week and paid it at their office. I was reconnected and given an ultimatum to pay up the remainder of over 130k (plus new bills) on or before Nov, else they'll cut it again. Na so I begin think of alternative sources of Power supply because I no fit raise that kin money. Even if I raise it, I have other probs to solve with cash. I started doing my research on alternative sources/offgrid power. I visited youtube, google etc. I initially wanted to generate power using capacitors and alternators - but that will come with some lethal energy - it could produce electric shock from current leakages - so I declined. Inverters were as expensive as paying up the debt. Na so I do more research o! till I set my mini inverter. Now I'm enjoying it. To cut the long story short, my Dec bonus was used to clear the remainder, because after several visits to their office, they re-assured me that they will provide me with a prepaid meter, within 1 week, if I cleared the debt. I sacrificed my Dec bonus, and had the driest christmas ever! couldn't even afford a bottle of juice because of PHCN. angry. Up till now, NO prepaid meter. But NO Wahala, I don't even need it anymore - mke them come cut their light.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
TeOwl:

write to dem and make a photo copy of the letter, make sure who receives the letter signs and stamp the copy with their company stamp ,that is a proof that u have informed them that u dont want their light and that they should stop bringing bills
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
pato405:

They cut mine about that same period. Sept 2015. Then I came out. The woman was ranting at the top of her voice, saying that she was given a target of 100million and that my flat was owing 165k. I explained to her that I moved in a few months ago and the debt was accumulated by the former occupant. she bluntly gave me an 'I DONT CARE' response and said I must pay her at least 60k on the spot. So I managed to raise 40k that week and paid it at their office. I was reconnected and given an ultimatum to pay up the remainder of over 130k (plus new bills) on or before Nov, else they'll cut it again. Na so I begin think of alternative sources of Power supply because I no fit raise that kin money. Even if I raise it, I have other probs to solve with cash. I started doing my research on alternative sources/offgrid power. I visited youtube, google etc. I initially wanted to generate power using capacitors and alternators - but that will come with some lethal energy - it could produce electric shock from current leakages - so I declined. Inverters were as expensive as paying up the debt. Na so I do more research o! till I set my mini inverter. Now I'm enjoying it. To cut the long story short, my Dec bonus was used to clear the remainder, because after several visits to their office, they re-assured me that they will provide me with a prepaid meter, within 1 week, if I cleared the debt. I sacrificed my Dec bonus, and had the driest christmas ever! couldn't even afford a bottle of juice because of PHCN. angry. Up till now, NO prepaid meter. But NO Wahala, I don't even need it anymore - mke them come cut their light.

becos dey gave her target of 100M ,na innocent people go suffer am?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
ceejay80s:

becos dey gave her target of 100M ,na innocent people go suffer am?

Bros, I don tire for those people. The most painful be say the light no even dey regular sef.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2016
I went to their business office in my area around June 2015 to tell them I don't want their light anymore, the bastards told me I have to clear my bill first (the total of all the crazy estimated bills) before I write a letter and they would acknowledge the letter and officially cut me off from their electricity grid...

I left the office and said... fvck this shiit, I am NOT paying one Kobo, let them keep sending me useless bills, I would still not pay.

My current electricity bill stands at N95, 479.97. I only paid N19,000 from Dec 2014 - Sept 2015.

The crazy bill started in Dec. 2014, as at that time I was owing them only N489.47.

ceejay80s:

write to dem and make a photo copy of the letter, make sure who receives the letter signs and stamp the copy with their company stamp ,that is a proof that u have informed them that u dont want their light and that they should stop bringing bills

pato405: .
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by uwadia79(m): 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2016
Leopantro:
Hello u have to change two transistors,most likely mosfets, change it and give me feedback on 08163120870
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bishop4life(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
Leopantro:

Checked it. Got a mechanic to rig a 12v bulb with wires, Didn't work. Connected it to a stabilizer, didn't work. connected it to a 12v portable DVD player, didn't work. Kept showing green light like Ice prince's girlfriend but no red light. Don't know what to do.
Here's a picture of the inside ;would appreciate it if someone could show me which component has stopped working and I will try and replace it.

where exactly are you staying Eastside? Maybe I can be of help?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2016
TeOwl:
I went to their business office in my area around June 2015 to tell them I don't want their light anymore, the bastards told me I have to clear my bill first (the total of all the crazy estimated bills) before I write a letter and they would acknowledge the letter and officially cut me off from their electricity grid...

I left the office and said... fvck this shiit, I am NOT paying one Kobo, let them keep sending me useless bills, I would still not pay.

My current electricity bill stands at N95, 479.97. I only paid N19,000 from Dec 2014 - Sept 2015.

The crazy bill started in Dec. 2014, as at that time I was owing them only N489.47.

The bill will continue to increase o! and then, when it gets too scary for you (around 200k), you'll get more frustrated and leave the accommodation. Another unsuspecting tenant (just like me) will move in unawares...the domino effect continues. I reached an agreement with my Landlord sha - to deduct the paid sum from my next rent, because I paid for what I didn't use.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (357) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.