Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:10 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (705369 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
I will be 10years this year as an active member of naija's favorite
Green and white forum called "NAIRALAND"
1 decade on nairaland
E no easy at all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by deekseen(m): 3:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
ceejay80s:

God bless u my brother , another nairalander I helped install his last week just confirmed that he got more than 24hrs on his 24Inch lcd, dstv decoder and 10watts fan
Thanks ceejay80s, my family can now enjoy uninterrupted power supply. Thanks evenmore for coming by to assist with other things concerning the setup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
deekseen:
Thanks ceejay80s, my family can now enjoy uninterrupted power supply. Thanks evenmore for coming by to assist with other things concerning the setup.
U are welcome bro
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 07, 2016
ceejay80s:

U are welcome bro
i will be the next person bro. i love the work you are doing. thumbs up sire

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:12am On Jan 08, 2016
i would be buying my 50 amp charger today... later i would get a 200ah battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2016
have got this LCD Tv in my store for quite some time now. The only prob is that it's 48watt. I would have preferred 20watt grin - so that I don't expend too much energy. Does any one have idea on how I can minimize energy consumption? abi make I flog am? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
pato405:
have got this LCD Tv in my store for quite some time now. The only prob is that it's 48watt. I would have preferred 20watt grin - so that I don't expend too much energy. Does any one have idea on how I can minimize energy consumption? abi make I flog am? undecided
Reduce backlight, contrast and brightness of the TV or buy 100ah battery and join with ur 40ah, I have sold my toshiba 32inch lcd TV wey carry 160watts and bought a 32inch led TV with just 72watts
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by JayExperts: 2:14pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hi Ceejay,

Nice one bro.....it's rare to find people like you.

Please I will like you to help with the procurement and installation of my own inverter/battery power system. I need a 200Ah quality battery with a suitable inverter to power 2 laptops and a fan.

Kindly let me know the cost I will be incurring to set this up.

Many Thanks
Jay
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2016
Hello, do you know if Mercury Battery is a good product, I just searched on Konga and it seems to be the most affordable out all the other brand. I am thinking of buying 200ah Mercury battery for my 500 watts inverter.

saint2ace:

Go ahead u can connect both at the same time , ceejay80s dem don scatter oshodi oh...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2016
TeOwl:
Hello, do you know if Mercury Battery is a good product, I just searched on Konga and it seems to be the most affordable out all the other brand. I am thinking of buying 200ah Mercury battery for my 500 watts inverter.

I've discovered that most batteries can take you thru ur basic needs, mercury may not be top notch but it will get the job done perfectly. And because pple don't trust the brand u have less fakes in the market.

But one thing I would advise is that u get a smart charger, not only will it charge faster but it will ensure that ur battery is optimized and remain in good condition. Under or over charging na him dey finish pple for this part of the world. Regards
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Chafti69: 2:46am On Jan 09, 2016
pls I intend setting up this inverter using a bigger battery (is it 120amp ?) . I need it to power a 40 inch TV, and big sound system with fan.What are the materials needed and the place to get them.or probably if you can assist in getting them in other to avoid buying fake products. thank you
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:54am On Jan 09, 2016
Chafti69:
pls I intend setting up this inverter using a bigger battery (is it 120amp ?) . I need it to power a 40 inch TV, and big sound system with fan.What are the materials needed and the place to get them.or probably if you can assist in getting them in other to avoid buying fake products. thank you
120ah battery will be small for ur need, what u need is 200ah and again how many watt is ur 40inh TV, is ur TV led or lcd?
I will advise u not to include ur big sound system , what's the watts of ur sound system ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Chafti69: 5:56am On Jan 10, 2016
Thanks a lot and God bless. Pls can you give me your watsapp number for us to discuss better on the inverter installation
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:44am On Jan 10, 2016
Chafti69:
Thanks a lot and God bless. Pls can you give me your watsapp number for us to discuss better on the inverter installation
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 10, 2016
you must be a troll.

sweatlana:
Last stay away from inverter. For your own good and the good of your pocket.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
pato405:

Ok. You want to sponsor it? grin

LOL i want to sponsor it for myself
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hello, please how many watts does your 20 amp charger consume?

ceejay80s:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:57am On Jan 11, 2016
TeOwl:
Hello, please how many watts does your 20 amp charger consume?

I don't know ,its not on the manual or on the smart charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by aywhy93(m): 7:14am On Jan 11, 2016
ceejay80s:

I don't know ,its not on the manual or on the smart charger

Hello Bro, you are doing a great work here.. I'm really proud of you, just seeing the thread for the first time and I'm reading it thoroughly so I'll be able to set it up myself. But I wanna ask if it's possible to charge the battery (via the smart charger) with Generator. We hardly have regular power supply in the location where I wanna install this, so can I charge it when the Gen is on ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:07am On Jan 11, 2016
aywhy93:

Hello Bro, you are doing a great work here.. I'm really proud of you, just seeing the thread for the first time and I'm reading it thoroughly so I'll be able to set it up myself. But I wanna ask if it's possible to charge the battery (via the smart charger) with Generator. We hardly have regular power supply in the location where I wanna install this, so can I charge it when the Gen is on ?
Yes u can charge with generator but I have not seen anybody charge with I better pass my neighbour generator, but I have see people charge with other generators
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by aywhy93(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2016
ceejay80s:

Yes u can charge with generator but I have not seen anybody charge with I better pass my neighbour generator, but I have see people charge with other generators

Okay, that means I better pass my neighbour generator cannot charge it or what do you think ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:41am On Jan 11, 2016
aywhy93:

Okay, that means I better pass my neighbour generator cannot charge it or what do you think ?
Don't get me wrong, I said I have not seen, all those I helped install don't own I better pass my neighbour generator , it might work but I have not seen
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by aywhy93(m): 9:50am On Jan 11, 2016
ceejay80s:

Don't get me wrong, I said I have not seen, all those I helped install don't own I better pass my neighbour generator , it might work but I have not seen

Okay, I'll try using it when I install my own then I'll probably be the first person you'll see using i better pass my neighbour to charge it cheesy

Thanks Man !!!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
Kudos Cj

did yu try this

mychelyte:
Good invention!!!
I'm working on something like that but in a bigger way sha,I wanna start with small tiger generator and extend it later.

@ceejay. But lemme give u a clue! U can recycle the power supply from the ups,that is plug the smart charger back to the power supply from the ups and put on ur battery,with that it will never go off!

Try it and feed me back.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by martinz1: 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
moski5:
Kudos Cj

did yu try this

Don't try that at home
Lol
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 8:32am On Jan 12, 2016
ceejay80s:

No body can give u the exact price cos non of us get shop or sell but we can give u rough estimate, even that man that sell smart charger at mushin sef is complaining that exchange rate is high and he is still selling same price and its true cos I have seen 20amp smart charger at oshodi and it expensive ,
But tell me what u want to load and I will give u a rough estimate

Thanks Cj for your responses

I'm in Benin how do I purchase original parts/components here I am a newbie in dis field thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:36am On Jan 12, 2016
moski5:

Thanks Cj for your responses

I'm in Benin how do I purchase original parts/components here I am a newbie in dis field thanks
Do u mean purchasing here on nairaland or in benin ?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bularuz(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
@Cj please is it okay to place my fridge on this setup, my fridge consumes 90watts according to the sticker at the back of the fridge.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
bularuz:
@Cj please is it okay to place my fridge on this setup, my fridge consumes 90watts according to the sticker at the back of the fridge.
My brother ,if ur fridge consumes 90watts , u need to get a 300ah or 400ah battery to get the best , a 650va ups that is just 390watts will do it but first try plugging the fridge alone and test and if it doesn't work, u might Need a 1.2 kva or 1.5kva Ups for it , 650va ups is just 390 watts so u need like 600watts or 700watts ups like the 1.2kva 1.5kva ups that can carry more appliances, but be sure of the watts of ur fridge before u plug it in , check the manufacturers website or check the user manual, what's the AH of ur battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by joehis2013: 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
ceejay80s:

My brother ,if ur fridge consumes 90watts , then to get the best u need to get a 300ah or 400ah battery to get the best time, incase u want to add any other appliances like lcd etc, and also u will. Need a. 1.2 kva or 1.5kva Ups for it, don't use the 650Va for it because u might want to add other appliances to it , 650va ups is just 390 watts so u need like 600watts or 700watts ups like the 1.2kva OT 1.5kva ups that can carry more appliances

Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
joehis2013:

Thanks
I have edited my post, read again ,thank u
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
ceejay80s:
Do u mean purchasing here on nairaland or in benin ?
in Benin

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (357) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.