Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693478 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 2:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
HenryDion:

This is the brand. what do you think?

Well, I haven't seen the product before, maybe you will be the first to use it around here and give us a feedback... grin

Anyways, first ensure that it is a pure sine wave inverter (PSW), and NOT a modified sine wave (MSW). The latter can spoil your electronics.

Also confirm what the idle current/power draw is. You system is a small one and you really don't want you inverter drawing as much as 20/30w from you bank by just being on.

Also ensure you can easily get technical support from the company

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Is the Ox standing fan the industrial type that is metallic? Also, what is the average power of the light in watts? Hope it isn't the yellow bulb type?

The bulb is 12w. Not the industrial fan. What do you think?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 09, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Well, I haven't seen the product before, maybe you will be the first to use it around here and give us a feedback... grin

Anyways, first ensure that it is a pure sine wave inverter (PSW), and NOT a modified sine wave (MSW). The latter can spoil your electronics.

Also confirm what the idle current/power draw is. You system is a small one and you really don't want you inverter drawing as much as 20/30w from you bank by just being on.

Also ensure you can easily get technical support from the company

I don't want to be a lab rat abeg, to be the first to test cheesy

Thanks for your input sir.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jadoly(m): 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2022
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
jadoly:

- Ur 49inches tv we dont knw power consumption
- I dont like using Ox fan industrious on Solar setup base on some expirence
- then base on d product, make sure u are granted 1year guurante .

For ur inverter, u can go for Afriipower 1kva inverter

The TV is 75 watt
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2022
HenryDion:

Hahaha....baba mind don cut... grin...nothing spoil bro, there will always be first time to everything. Someone has bell the cat and trail the blaze. But we imagine that funds is a major constraint and we are more concerned about you getting good value for your money - the major reason for this thread.

You can consider the 1kva Afriipower inverter someone recommended here. A couple of guys here use it. The last time I chatted with their major distributor in Nigeria, it was selling for 55k. You can also check out the 0.85kva Luminous Hybrid inverter Obinna37 has for sale. But ensure you do your due diligencr. If you are on a very tight budget, then you can consider one of the transformerless inverters I posted earlier

Regarding the wattage consumption of your appliances. Understand that the more power your appliances consume, the less backup time your battery will be able to give you. So you should begin thinking towards changing your appliances to more efficient ones, and use your appliances in ways that conserve energy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by tipsy242: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2022
Pls why does my Famicare inverter trip off from power to inverter when the voltage is low despite it being on stabilizer? Also my new mpower battery quickly discharges from 12.7v - 12.4/12.3 but stays longer between 12.3v - 12.0v on same energy. Is this normal especially for a new battery?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Hahaha....baba mind don cut... grin...nothing spoil bro, there will always be first time to everything. Someone has bell the cat and trail the blaze. But we imagine that funds is a major constraint and we are more concerned about you getting good value for your money - the major reason for this thread.

You can consider the 1kva Afriipower inverter someone recommended here. A couple of guys here use it. The last time I chatted with their major distributor in Nigeria, it was selling for 55k. You can also check out the 0.85kva Luminous Hybrid inverter Obinna37 has for sale. But ensure you do your due diligencr. If you are on a very tight budget, then you can consider one of the transformerless inverters I posted earlier

Regarding the wattage consumption of your appliances. Understand that the more power your appliances consume, the less backup time your battery will be able to give you. So you should begin thinking towards changing your appliances to more efficient ones, and use your appliances in ways that conserve energy.

Thanks boss. This was helpful.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Allem(m): 8:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
I always tot there was a special design for a volt meter to read batteries connected together individually, so it's this straight forward
odimbannamdi:

Boss, see pic attached.

I have switched off the battery, so the one on the left (which is the one that was apparently working) is now at 12.1v, while the one on the right is still at 12.7v.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by OLamylove: 11:14pm On Jan 09, 2022
ceejay80s:
Its very easy, there are different ways that u can entertain urself when u are at home.

All you need is Gotv and an LCD with a very low wattage or a PC monitor that has AV input ,a 650va UPS, a 12v 40ah fullriver valve regulated battery and a smart charger.

I bought my 40ah battery brand new at oshodi for 6k its equivalent to deep cycle batteries and I bought my 20amp smart battery charger at idioro mushin for 7k, with this u can stay connected to ur favorite programs on TV or watch movies on ur LCD via external hdd, if u already have an LCD TV, just check the watts ,if its above 100, then u need to get a 15inch monitor that has AV input II bought mine 5k at computer village, the smart charger charges the battery,the ups stands as the power, my 15inch monitor is 34watts while the blu ray player is just 16watts.

So......

When there is no electricity ,my 40ah battery can power my 15inch LCD and Gotv or blu ray player for full 9hrs.

Note: It only powers my Gotv, bluray and 15inch LCD, imagine if I have 2 of that battery nko? That means I will never miss my favorite programs.

See pic below
Please what do you think about this setup, is it similar to yours?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2022
OLamylove:

Please what do you think about this setup, is it similar to yours?

Avoid offers like this pls.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by OLamylove: 11:18am On Jan 10, 2022
dollarnaira:

Avoid offers like this pls.
ok Thanks, but how much do you think I can get ceejays setup currently?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 11:51am On Jan 10, 2022
OLamylove:

Sincerely I dont bc i no longer encourage ppu to buy Acid batteries. It is lithium or lithium since it is the heart of inverter set up.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BLS1: 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
HenryDion:

No one wants to be a lab rat but this solar journey is not for people who expect just to get everything working out of the box and put in zero effort, though by coming here and asking the questions you have asked you do not seem to be one sha.

That quote you dropped is high to adequate; but can you get more for the money you are about to spend- the answer is a loud "Yes". Doing this however will involve checking out the real market (like Ceejay advised) and going through this thread which always helps.

Anyway, on your Addo battery, I was about to say a loud "No" but google seems to suggest they are an indian brand/ marketer and they use rebadged Amaron batteries, which if you have paid attention on the solar threads on here is a good thing. So if you really want no stress, visit there office and see if they look serious, the items they have quoted for you will carry your stated load sufficiently (though having more battery power can never be a bad thing).

But I repeat, that your budget can more than solve your stated power needs, Just do a little more personal research and you would end up more satisfied.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BLS1: 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2022
tipsy242:
Pls why does my Famicare inverter trip off from power to inverter when the voltage is low despite it being on stabilizer? Also my new mpower battery quickly discharges from 12.7v - 12.4/12.3 but stays longer between 12.3v - 12.0v on same energy. Is this normal especially for a new battery?

We have had bad stories on here of people who connected inverters directly to stabilizers, and most people here would discourage you not to do that.

Personally I use an old skool rugged indian inverter (mpower/luminous) which acts as my own stabilzer lol....I have had high and low voltage that damaged all equipment in my building and (I can still remember my neighbors screams in the night), the worst it ever did to my inverter was blow the fuse in the inverter, which is easily changeable for me. Anyway Famicare tends to be more Chinese so if you want to protect your inverter, I'd recommend using those simple voltage cutout sockets (3k).

Also for your battery issue, it seems normal as long as you are putting good load on it. Give us an idea of the load you put on it so we can be sure and also is it sealed or wet. Indian batteries tend to drop voltage like that when they are not charging but it is normal as long as its adequate load causing it.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by BLS1: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
OLamylove:

There is no shortcut to peace of mind in this country.

I followed Ceejay's manifesto years ago, and I have only grown and had peace since then, spending less than a quarter of what others around me have to have for 24hrs light.

Read and understand the first few pages and then visit the market. Most of the contacts/sellers are still there and helpful. Thats if you are in Lagos.

Anyway, tell us your load and budget and people will chip in with advice
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 11, 2022
BLS1:

No one wants to be a lab rat but this solar journey is not for people who expect just to get everything working out of the box and put in zero effort, though by coming here and asking the questions you have asked you do not seem to be one sha.

That quote you dropped is high to adequate; but can you get more for the money you are about to spend- the answer is a loud "Yes". Doing this however will involve checking out the real market (like Ceejay advised) and going through this thread which always helps.

Anyway, on your Addo battery, I was about to say a loud "No" but google seems to suggest they are an indian brand/ marketer and they use rebadged Amaron batteries, which if you have paid attention on the solar threads on here is a good thing. So if you really want no stress, visit there office and see if they look serious, the items they have quoted for you will carry your stated load sufficiently (though having more battery power can never be a bad thing).

But I repeat, that your budget can more than solve your stated power needs, Just do a little more personal research and you would end up more satisfied.

Thank you boss
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2022
Finally upgraded to 24v and it has been wow. Runtime increased massively with my li-ion cells. Refrigerator has been on since morning. Will find a case for my batteries later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Penuelseun:
Finally upgraded to 24v and it has been wow. Runtime increased massively with my li-ion cells. Refrigerator has been on since morning. Will find a case for my batteries later.

Nice one, boss! We dey come your dm oooo.. cheesy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 5:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
Penuelseun:

Welcome on the TBB train, efficiency on that inverter is 96% with 0.5a or 12w self consumption draw, that's what is accounting for the better run time. Am almost forced to say it's a victron clone grin grin
Enjoy boss.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
odimbannamdi:

Nice one, boss! We dey come your dm oooo.. cheesy
No wahala
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
saint2ace:

Welcome on the TBB train, efficiency on that inverter is 96% with 0.5a or 12w self consumption draw, that's what is accounting for the better run time. Am almost forced to say it's a victron clone grin grin
Enjoy boss.....
Yes o, all thanks to valto for the referral, it is a huge upgrade from the ceepro inverter.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
Penuelseun:
Yes o, all thanks to valto for the referral, it is a huge upgrade from the ceepro inverter.

Bros, the ceepro doesn't even come close, the gap farrrr........

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oloet: 7:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
smiley wink
saint2ace:

Bros, the ceepro doesn't even come close, the gap farrrr........
Penuelseun:

una sha like to dey oppress somebody for this thread
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2022
oloet:
smiley wink

una sha like to dey oppress somebody for this thread

My brother for the functions available, even the price difference isn't much. And we're talking almost 5yrs of peace of mind..... Bros u to check am Na...
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by oloet: 8:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
saint2ace:

My brother for the functions available, even the price difference isn't much. And we're talking almost 5yrs of peace of mind..... Bros u to check am Na...
lol, it is that piece of mind for me
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 5:27am On Jan 13, 2022
Litium powerbank for phones laptop fan freezer available at discounted prize

20hours litium powerbank for fans& laptop and phone available

Prize range from 25,000

Available in 30,000mah 60,000mah 120,000mah 220,0000mah 440,000mah ......visit our website below
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 6:40am On Jan 13, 2022
saint2ace:

Significant value proposition! On this journey eh, peace of mind can never be exchanged for anything at all
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Machiny: 8:25am On Jan 13, 2022
Penuelseun:
how many cell battery made this up and the capacity?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:09am On Jan 13, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery.

Distilled water (1L×12 pack) = N6,500

Distilled water 25 Litres = N7,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Hydrometer = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N9,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:10am On Jan 13, 2022
HURRY! DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES FOR SALE!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

We look forward to working with you also to ensure excellence in your maintenance delivery.

Distilled water (1L×12 pack) = N6,500

Distilled water 25 Litres = N7,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

Hydrometer = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N9,000 (with free 25L Gallon)

All available at Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state/location under buyers expense.

Further discount applies only to distributors with purchases above 500Litres.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.