Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (692010 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 12:17am On Jun 16, 2023
LIMITED STOCK PROMO!!!

Foreign Pro solar roof mount set comprising;
4.2m rails .... 2 units
L foots & perforating screws .... 6 units
Mid clamp ....6 units
End clamp ... 4 units

Comfortably takes upto 4 units of 450w solar panels.....

Firm promo price: N52,000

1500w 24v "40a mppt" pure sinewave hybrid inverter (100a total charge current) .... N180,000

Growatt 5000w 48v ES hybrid inverter (6000w 450vdc mppt with parallel and batteryless feature) ..... N665,000 N640,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2023
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ...

12v 200a .... N30,000
12v 150a.....N22,000
12v 100a.......N14,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within some parts of Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 11:51am On Jun 19, 2023
ceejay80s:

FOR TWO YEARS ,I USED THE 650VA WITHOUT COOLING FAN AND HAD NO PROBLEM TILL TODAY, there are time its on for 48hrs straight up , even the 1.2kva worked from 6pm yesterday till 6am this morning with no overheating
if u can get a 24v 30amp or 40amp charger, it will be sweet, 24v 20amp is widely available but its slow in charging and u know nepa light now na (1hr ON,3DAYS OFF)
Ogaceegay, what d best way to install cooling fan to blow air in or to extract air out.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2023
teamsynergy:
done with the conversion of the ups to inverter.. na smart charger remain....
Fan blowing in or out which is better
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2023
Feshizzy:

Just call in an electrician,

Or

You would need:
1. A circuit breaker
2. A change over switch
3. Obviously some 2+mm cable

Well you should also note our batteries here uses an external charger too because we use batteries bigger than the ups meaning ups can't charge such big battery.

Now for the connection

You would still need an electrician,
Because you can't possibly to toying around with your home distribution box.
Reason is that you have to reconnect all the low amps in the db to another db for the ups.

Well now it depends on your house wiring

Before I proceed further,
How does your generator change over switch looks like?

And the size of your ups?
And also do you intend to power your entire home?

------------
Now lets assume‎
Firstly, you have this kind of switch on the picture attached,

Secondly, you intend running your loads uninterruptedly,
Without minding those big amp draw from ac/fridge/microwave/iron and the rest!

Then we proceed further with the connection,
Firstly, you should note the battery charger should be connected to the ups,
There's a port on the ups sometimes tagged "printer" this is where you plug your external battery charger,
This port is like the mains and not connected as backup as the rest of the port.
In less grammatical version "e mean say when light no dey and you on your ups the charger no go on"

After getting this connected,

Then you proceed as the diagram describes!

I am no artist, but you get the picture? wink wink cheesy cheesy

Note:
You should have a switch/breaker between main and ups.

Now the working mechanism, 
It's pretty self explanatory,

By default,‎
You either flip for nepa or gen

But in the new config,
You also flip for nepa and gen and then
Flip for either direct to mains or ups back ups.

To enjoy uninterrupted supply,
Just turn on the ups, and switch to ups

That way even when there's a black out, you still have your power on and
It surprises your neighbours. ‎

Cheers,
Regards!‎
Nice illustration,could U PLS illustrate to me where to place my circuit breaker btw main & ups...I have a changeover installed already..what will be d function of d circuitbreaker.can you paste d pic of breaker & rating?
This is d pic of my setup
The white plug is to plug to d ups outlet to supply d house.
Tnks for d explanation my nepa-gen changeover is bigger & outside,d pic shown is d Main-ups changeover.My ups is 1.5k a with 20A souer battery chager.
I plugs my charger to main wall switch to charger battery.i use changeover to change btw Nepa & ups my setup is not wired to be ongrid...am scared a surge my damage my equipment,cause fire if am not around.to be on d safe side I wanted a fuse or breaker somewhere to protect my setup.i need the rating of such breaker.
i have witnessed a neighbour inverter got burnt before to ashes no be small thing ooo thanks to fire extinguisher.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2023
kiekie1:
HURRY!

Pro solar roof mount set (comfortably takes 4 units of 300 - 550w panels) ... 35,000

Jsol 270w mono ........ 62,000
Upsolar 280 mono ... 65,000
320w mono .............. 75,000
JA 375w mono .......... 80,000
Jinko 375w mono ..... 85,000
Jinko 450w mono ..... 100,000
Jinko 535w mono ..... 135,000

Contact,
Do you have any 12v solar panels
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19, 2023
billyG:

Do you have any 12v solar panels

Yes

Contact,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Iinnov8: 6:36am On Jun 20, 2023
60A Powmr MPPT Solar Charge Controller plus free DC Breaker

Price: 56,000 firm.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by keeper303: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
Please I have 2 luminous batteries but they are no longer effective. After charging the batteries, it brings light for about 4 hours and then starts making noise and dies off. One of the batteries is swollen. I intend to buy one Monbat battery to support the fairly good luminous battery. My question is will the Monbat battery be compatible for use with the luminous battery. The Monbat battery is costly, so i intend to buy 1 for now and buy another in 2 months time
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
keeper303:

Please I have 2 luminous batteries but they are no longer effective. After charging the batteries, it brings light for about 4 hours and then starts making noise and dies off. One of the batteries is swollen. I intend to buy one Monbat battery to support the fairly good luminous battery. My question is will the Monbat battery be compatible for use with the luminous battery. The Monbat battery is costly, so i intend to buy 1 for now and buy another in 2 months time
Don't mix old and new batteries together, the old battery will spoil the new one very quickly, it is better you buy a used battery to add to your existing one or sell them off to replace them with completely new batteries, are the batteries connected in series or parallel?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
pointstores:

150watts stepup converter 3,000naira
300watts stepdown converter 6,0000naira
70watts stepdown converter 2,000naira

3s 40a bms 3,000naira
4s 40a bms 3,500naira
7s 40a bms 14,000naira
14s 40a bms 20,000naira

Nickel stripe 800naira per yard

Samsamg 2600mah cells 800naira
Lifepo4 4,500mah 1,000naira

20ah Mppt solar generator with 100ah litium battery 175,000......

40ah litium powerbank for fans laptop tv
With inverter promo prize 60,000naira

Check profile page for contact info
What are those converters,BMS & nickel strips used for?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by keeper303: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Penuelseun:
Don't mix old and new batteries together, the old battery will spoil the new one very quickly, it is better you buy a used battery to add to your existing one or sell them off to replace them with completely new batteries, are the batteries connected in series or parallel?

Thank you for your quick response and advice. The batteries are connected in series
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pointstores(m): 5:22am On Jun 21, 2023
billyG:

What are those converters,BMS & nickel strips used for?
Bms battery management system for protection of battery

Nickel for welding batteries instead of soldering iron
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Fapemz: 6:05am On Jun 21, 2023
Alternative energy and power can be stored in a portable device (Power saved in a mobile/movable bank or simply referred to as Powerbank) and moved around from one point to another.

For many of us, our power needs are really basic and we are often times on a very tight budget. Cooldipo MPS, we provide a lithium iron phosphate battery (LFP) powered solution that meets your basic needs and doesn't leave a hole in your pocket as we can help with even an encouraging payment plan.

We have battery small enough to fit into your laptop bag and even bigger sizes that ensures you can watch Tv, sleep with a cool breeze and recharge your phones whenever you like. Our batteries can be easily recharged by Solar, NEPA, or Generator.

Our setup is plug and use, no need for an installer before you can put them to use. We have a thriving chat group too where our customers share their experience with each other and give tips. Take a bold step toward a liberating solution today by contacting us on WhatsApp 08065.3.16307 to discuss a solution that meets your needs!

Harvest power now and use it whenever or wherever!

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2023
kiekie1:
HURRY! DISCOUNTED PRICE!!

NEW ARRIVAL!!!

BESTCOM SOLAR PANEL MONOCRYSTALLINE

Features :

High operating currents and voltages✅

Lower conversion losses✅

High performance as compared to conventional 72 cell PV Modules✅

More energy per Sq. meter of area✅

Better performance under shading✅

Performance norminal 12v - 24v DC for standard output✅

25 year performance warranty✅

170w poly .......... 44,000
180w mono ....... 46,000
280w mono ....... 67,000
350w mono ....... 77,000
460w mono ....... 96,000
550w mono ....... 110,000

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5
How can one tell a 12v panel from a 24v..
2.can a 24v solar panels be used for a 12v batteries in parallel?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dollarnaira: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2023
billyG:

Yes
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2023
dollarnaira:

Yes
What of d 1st question
I thought 12v battery needs 12v rated charging devices(12vbattery charger,12vsolar panels) PLS explain.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2023
billyG:

What of d 1st question
I thought 12v battery needs 12v rated charging devices(12vbattery charger,12vsolar panels) PLS explain.
12v panels have a voltage of 18v to 22v, 24v panels are rated 36v to 40v, the job of your charge controller is to regulate the panel voltage to what the battery needs
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2023
billyG:

What of d 1st question

With the right charge controller, it doesn't matter the panels you use in as much as it is within the VOC of the charge controller it should work flawlessly.
Just invest in a good controller and the rest is history.

It's funny I only hear of 12v and 24v panel discussions on nairaland, seems the world has left us behind. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2023
odimbannamdi:

Lol...no vex baba. See it attached
Where did U buy that indicators?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 10:50am On Jun 21, 2023
Penuelseun:
12v panels have a voltage of 18v to 22v, 24v panels are rated 36v to 40v, the job of your charge controller is to regulate the panel voltage to what the battery needs
Ok
Tnks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2023
saint2ace:

With the right charge controller, it doesn't matter the panels you use in as much as it is within the VOC of the charge controller it should work flawlessly.

It's funny I only hear of 12v and 24v panel discussions on nairaland, seems the world has left us behind. grin
Tnks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2023
saint2ace:

Could U PLS recommend good charge controllers i could use my battery is 300ah I intend using combine 600w panels.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 9:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
kiekie1:
Available and Selling at discounted rate

Extend your batteries life span by an Extra year or more with a Battery Equalizer .. it does so by maintaining a voltage balance between your battery Bank cells .. Synchronising your batteries as one.. Your batteries get to work as a team thereby extending Overall performance and delivery Overtime

Available Options:
*Battery Equalizer 24V - Battery Voltage Balancer .. 20,000
*Battery Equalizer 48V - Battery Voltage Balancer ... 35,000

Device supports Gel / Flood / AGM / Lithium Battery

DC Breaker Accessories available
Single & double pole
40A DC MCB Circuit breaker
63A DC MCB Circuit breaker
125A DC MCB Circuit breaker

Also available are:
63vac Voltage protective devices
Battery desulphators
63a din rail Change overs
DC & AC Surge protectors
Pro solar roof mounts
MC4 , 2 way & 3 way solar panel Connectors
DC lcd meters etc

Contact,
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620
Hi,PLS where best to put a circuit breaker btw changeover & inverter output or btw inverter & battery?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
billyG:

Yes.
For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kiekie1(m): 10:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 4 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N18,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.245 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense.

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 5:08am On Jun 22, 2023
billyG:

Where did U buy that indicators?

I got them from Arena for 1,200naira about 2 years ago. But the price has most likely increased. I see that you are in the market for a good solar charge controller. I actually sell the Powmr MPPT Solar charge controller and it comes with a free DC breaker. I could throw in one of the battery volt indicator for free if you purchase the controller. Reach me via the number in my signature.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Obnoxious2001(m): 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2023
odimbannamdi:

I got them from Arena for 1,200naira about 2 years ago. But the price has most likely increased. I see that you are in the market for a good solar charge controller. I actually sell the Powmr MPPT Solar charge controller and it comes with a free DC breaker. I could throw in one of the battery volt indicator for free if you purchase the controller. Reach me via the number in my signature.
How much is the powmr mppt controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by odimbannamdi(m): 12:08am On Jun 23, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

How much is the powmr mppt controller

56,000naira

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2023
@ceegay80 & co ...I have a 2000va souer inverter & a 1.550kva bluegate ups which will be more energy efficient as in use less power from battery to run itself.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Penuelseun(m): 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
billyG:
@ceegay80 & co ...I have a 2000va souer inverter & a 1.550kva bluegate ups which will be more energy efficient as in use less power from battery to run itself.
The souer is more energy efficient
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by billyG(m): 1:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
Penuelseun:

The souer is more energy efficient
Tnks but is d Blue gate PSW?

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.