Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,339 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (699890 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by laposta: 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
vitality22:

Bro, can you sell the 2200kva APC ups for me?

Are you sure you really want to do that? It's a 48v system!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

if u are not satisfied with it ,u can return it, add more money and take 30amp or 40amp, hope u have not cut the wires and hope the pack is still with u,

20amp is good, i upgraded to 30amp because of the light condition in my area then and also because of the precious brand new 100 ah battery i got from saint2ace which i added to my 160ah battery to make it 260ah, 30amp charges faster than 20amp and 40amp charges faster than 30amp......
so my guy na ur pocket go decide, how long does it take to fully charge ur drained battery?
Do not focus on fast charging, rather focus on healthy charging. Fast charging will kill your precious batteries. Your charging current should be 10% of your battery bank power. if you use a 200ah battery, charge with 20amps charger, 100ah battery, charge with 10amps, will take longer time to fully charge but its whats recommended.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
anochuks08:
Do not focus on fast charging, rather focus on healthy charging. Fast charging will kill your precious batteries. Your charging current should be 10% of your battery bank power. if you use a 200ah battery, charge with 20amps charger, 100ah battery, charge with 10amps, will take longer time to fully charge but its whats recommended.

When I said fast charge, I didn't mean in 2 minutes, these smart charger have knob setting , oyinbo don improve for technology, u will not have any problem charging a 200ah battery with a 30amp SMART CHARGER

Click on this link
Somebody said the maximum current charge for 12v 200ah recommended by manufacturers is 50amp

www.electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/182835/how-to-charge-an-agm-battery-fast

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 6:47am On Sep 10, 2016
ceejay80s:

When I said fast charge, I didn't mean in 2 minutes, these smart charger have knob setting , oyinbo don improve for technology, u will not have any problem charging a 200ah battery with a 30amp SMART CHARGER

Click on this link
Somebody said the maximum current charge for 12v 200ah recommended by manufacturers is 50amp

www.electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/182835/how-to-charge-an-agm-battery-fast
Trust me, that guy (somebody) misleads you. I am talking from experience. Different battery types needs different charging current. AGM, L.A Maintenance free, GEL. I have seen Brand New Gel batteries damaged in one week cos of wrong charger. I ve an installation that I might be correcting next week, its an online 10kva sukam inverter that has 30amp as its charging current. The installer installed 16units of Maintenance free 100ah batteries and Just few months into use, all the batteries don swell up. I write just from what I have experienced.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2016
anochuks08:
thats true. my 24V inverter comes with 70amps 4 phase charger, but i have reduced the charging current to between 28 to 35amps.note i use 2pcs 200amps batteries

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
radiokilla:

200ah battery --50k
30amps- 11k
Ups- 2k
Then sellotape wires and clips- free grin

I will advise you buy from Ceejay's contacts.
Goodluck

Bro is it a new ba3 that cost 50k?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2016
no
iamawara:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
I don't know sha, but Oga Ceejay80s ought to be nominated for a national award, at least Buhari should have you as an ambassador of change.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 5:38am On Sep 11, 2016
iamawara:

brand new 200amps battery is between 90k to 130k,depending on brand.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2016
drizzit:

I guess its like this....? I just read page 18 of this thread ....guess I am on track....

How much did you get those batteries and what is the spec?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 10:57am On Sep 11, 2016
oga ceejay

thanks a lot.

i finally returned the charger and I added money and he gave me the 50amp charger with manual adjustment.
I have tried it though I usually keep it at about 15amps but I kind of like it.

Seem more rugged and works for all my batteries.

Also what do I do I have 2 fairly used 40amps batteries and one brand new 100amps battery. Thinking of getting an additional 100amps fairly used. Can I connect all of them together to get a total of 280amps or will the fairly used batteries drag down the new one!!!

ceejay80s:

Click on this link

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 1:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
sentix:
oga ceejay

thanks a lot.

i finally returned the charger and I added money and he gave me the 50amp charger with manual adjustment.

Also what do I do I have 2 fairly used 40amps batteries and one brand new 100amps battery. Thinking of getting an additional 100amps fairly used. Can I connect all of them together to get a total of 280amps or will the fairly used batteries drag down the new one!!!

One of the main problem comes in when we are charging those batteries, and as they are connected in series.

The battery with the minimum capacity charges first and its resistance increases with its voltage.

If we are using smart chargers to charge them it will feel that the batteries are charged and will stop charging, and we will be left with the uncharged big battery.

Also during use, the 40AH gets depleted so fast thereby reducing its number of cycles since it'll have a higher depth of discharge compared to the bigger 100AH battery.

In essence, it is not ideal to use batteries of different capacity and age in series with each other.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jadoly(m): 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
jadoly:
Pls, where can i get lifePo4 battery charger, 5A 14.6v

http://s.aliexpress.com/3ArAn2QV

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2016
Valto:
brand new 200amps battery is between 90k to 130k,depending on brand.

Alright. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
sentix:
oga ceejay

thanks a lot.

If u are satisfied with the smart charger performance, u can change the plug that goes into the main power to the one that has fuse inside,
Note: the fuse inside is 13amp fuse , buy 3amp or 5amp fuse and change the 13amp fuse inside, in case there's power surge or over current, the 3amp or 5amp fuse will cut and it won't affect ur smart charger

(2). Yes,U can connect all in parallel to make 280ah,make sure all batteries are in good condition, u must buy 2.5mm and above flexible wire for the connection, any lesser wire will burn

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
sentix:
oga ceejay

thanks a lot.

Please, can i see the pic of the charger.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 5:40am On Sep 12, 2016
Thanks.

Information received and appreciated.

Will do

ceejay80s:

If u are satisfied with the smart charger performance, u can change the plug that goes into the main power to the one that has fuse inside,
Note: the fuse inside is 13amp fuse , buy 3amp fuse and change the 13amp fuse inside, in case there's power surge or over current, the 3amp fuse will cut and it won't affect ur smart charger

(2). Yes,U can connect all in parallel to make 280ah,make sure all batteries are in good condition, u must buy 2.5mm and above flexible wire for the connection, any lesser wire will burn
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 5:44am On Sep 12, 2016
vitality22:

Please, can i see the pic of the charger.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 5:48am On Sep 12, 2016
How much is your APC 750va and your location

admindim:
apc .1.5kva uses 2battery it is 750va that uses one battery
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by admindim: 6:21am On Sep 12, 2016
sentix:
How much is your APC 750va and your location

lagos,ketu
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=sentix post=49283298][/quote]
Thank you. From the pic, how do you know the 15amps mark. I have a similar charger though but 30A. On it, its marked positions for charging is based on battery ratings (AH). Eg there are points for 60AH and below, 120-160(AH) and finally 200AH and above.
i dont seem to understand how you get the 15amps. Could you explain further pls?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
jadoly:
Pls, where can i get lifePo4 battery charger, 5A 14.6v
pls where did you buy you lifePo4 battery, and how much
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by sentix(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
You will know from the meter.

vitality22:

Thank you. From the pic, how do you know the 15amps mark. I have a similar charger though but 30A. On it, its marked positions for charging is based on battery ratings (AH). Eg there are points for 60AH and below, 120-160(AH) and finally 200AH and above.
i dont seem to understand how you get the 15amps. Could you explain further pls?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:14am On Sep 13, 2016
vitality22:

No be we get sense pass oyinbo wey manufacture these smart chargers, its good to set the smart charger knob to a lower charging amp, even with a 200ah battery but it will take very long time to fully charge a drained battery, these charger has setting ...
My 30amp has settings for 60ah and below battery, 120ah-160ah , 200ah and above ...
If u have a 200ah battery ,just turn the knob to 200ah , it won't over charge ,under charge or fast charge ..
Remember that these charger doesn't stay on that charge amp till the battery is fully charged, if u have been checking u will find out that the chargers meter needle reduces until it reaches 0.
See my pix below , mine's charging and u can see the knob at a little 200 and my battery is 260ah and the meter needle has reduced itself to 15amp while charging, look closely u will see the red light is ON.
If u have 100ah battery , u should set the knob to 100ah,

If u want to reduce urs, u have no problem, but the manufacturers don put the setting there for us, with the kind of light phcn gives us , mine has been working perfect and impressing me,

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 1:06pm On Sep 13, 2016
vitality22:

Bro, can you sell the 2200kva APC ups for me?
I have no plans of selling it for now...... smiley
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by vitality22(m): 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2016
drizzit:

I have no plans of selling it for now...... smiley
No problems, I had bought one already. Thanks a bunch
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by jadoly(m): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2016
vitality22:

No problems, I had bought one already. Thanks a bunch
where and how much did you buy the ups?

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: obinna37(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.