Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) (107287 Views)

Pictures Of Ethiopian Women Who Beg To Be Whipped / Sexy Ethiopian Women / Handsome Nigerian Men *pics* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Fulaman198(m): 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
Somguy:

Somali women are very, VERY, outspoken and are used to having a great deal of freedom. Arabs and whites assume that they are submissive and docile and are then shocked when it turns out that they are far from that.

Actually come to think of it, all African women have a hot temper from what I've observed. They usually wear the pants when they marry whites unlike Asian women.

ROFL so true. I actually kind of like the hot temper from African women I don't know why. It makes me want to worship them more I guess. Fulani women are also in a way very outspoken too especially the nomadic Fulani women still living that lifestyle.

Somguy bro, I hope that you stay on Nairaland and continue to shower us with your wisdom. It's good to see other African nationalities on here. I actually like the fact that Nairaland is more diverse than ever.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:26am On Apr 04, 2016
I still don't understand why Somali women are being mentioned on this thread.
Who's asking for them?? I've never met a Nigerian guy or girl that will ever date a Somali, so people don't get over your heads, stop mentioning Somalis
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
Rivertemz:
I still don't understand why Somali women are being mentioned on this thread.
Who's asking for them?? I've never met a Nigerian guy or girl that will ever date a Somali, so people don't get over your heads, stop mentioning Somalis

There are plenty of Nigerian men who are married to Somali women. Don't hate on Somalis based on a few stupid trolls on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 7:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
Somguy:

There are plenty of Nigerian men who are married to Somali women. Don't hate on Somalis based on a few stupid trolls on Nairaland.
pleeaaase i beg you show me the proof and reciepts of nigerian men marrying or dating Somalis ??
It's very very hard to believe
Yh I understand that this site has several somali accounts devoted to trolling nairaland, I know somalis in person, I know you're not all ignorant and rude towards other fricans.
But when it comes to Nigerian men marrying or dating somalis, from what i know that's impossible..
mainly due to a huge difference culturally when compared to other horn africans. Personally if my family caught me dating a somali girl they'll disown me
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 11:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
Rivertemz:

pleeaaase i beg you show me the proof and reciepts of nigerian men marrying or dating Somalis ??
Yh I understand that this site has several somali accounts devoted to trolling nairaland, I know somalis in person, I know you're not all ignorant and rude towards other fricans.
But when it comes to Nigerian men marrying or dating somalis, from what i know that's impossible..
mainly due to a huge difference culturally when compared to other horn africans. Personally if my family caught me dating a somali girl they'll disown me

I know of at least two women in the UK who are married to Nigerian men. Somali women marry other blacks such as Jamaicans, why wouldn't they marry a Nigerian?? Don't believe the BS that these Somali trolls spew on here. This is 2016, anybody can marry anybody.

Somali culture is not all too different from the culture of Muslim Africans so a Muslim Nigerian would have a lot in common with a Muslim Somali, especially if both of them were raised in the West.

I have plenty of Nigerian friends (Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo etc).

Stfu, your family would not "disown" you. You're just trying to appear "uppity" lol.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
As for Somali culture being different from other horn cultures, again, the difference between Muslim Somali culture and Muslim habesha or Oromo culture is very minimal. Oromo and Somalis intermarry all the time. Tigre people from Eritrea are nomadic Muslims just like us and we get on quite well with one another. I know of Somali/habeshas who are married. I also know people who are half Somali half habesha. One girl I know has a father who is Amhara and a mother who is Somali.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

And if your parents really are that narrow-minded, then you must come from a very primitive family.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
Nigerian men marry can marry any woman of any Nationality as long she is beautiful or well behaved.
Nigerian women can marry any man of any Nationality as long as he is well behaved or has a decent income...
This includes Somalis also..... Nigerians are not that racists.

Rivertemz:

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 11:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Somguy:

I know of at least two women in the UK who are married to Nigerian men. Somali women marry other blacks such as Jamaicans, why wouldn't they marry a Nigerian?? Don't believe the BS that these Somali trolls spew on here. This is 2016, anybody can marry anybody.

Somali culture is not all too different from the culture of Muslim Africans so a Muslim Nigerian would have a lot in common with a Muslim Somali, especially if both of them were raised in the West.

I have plenty of Nigerian friends (Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo etc).

Stfu, your family would not "disown" you. You're just trying to appear "uppity" lol.
first of all, im not here to degrade your somali background or culture so don't tell me'stfu', don't get heated this is my opinion and point of view.

Im merely stating that i have never seen a nigerian & somali link yet, If it exists then its very very rare. I live and grew up in London, with a large Somali community, I went to school with somalis, have a lot of somali friends.

I'm already aware that there are some somalis that date Caribbean, that's nice but it's also very very rare, don't pretend like somalis are not a little racist against west-africans and carribeans, especially the older generation, calling other africans 'adoon' and all that nonsense. It's similar in reverse, other africans are a bit rude towards somalis.
But the younger generation are more open, I also know your communities are very religious (very islamic).

This is 2016, but africans are still divided over cultural and ethnic lines, more time would change things.

You are the first ever somali person on the site that doesn't actually BS 24/7 about us, so im very surprised we are even having this discussion, just realize that a percentage of somalis will continue to talk sh*t about us, it's partly your job to change that mindset in your own communities especially if you like going on nairaland.

Since those trolls started coming on here (~2010) they've been spreading extreme hate, hate towards Nigerians who have never seen or spoken to somalis before, most nigerians on here have never left nigeria to visit the diverse communities of africans in places like the UK or Canada with a lot of cool Somalis. So now their first impressions of Somalis are of racist, rude and vile East-Africans

So the image these trolls have painted have been very damaging, i saw your new thread, you are right, the mods should ban those trolls, but we've already asked them to do so and they still haven't yet. Please i need to know and see these nigerian-somali couples you're talking about if its true, so i can show the trolls their BS
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 12:02am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
Nigerian men marry can marry any woman of any Nationality as long she is beautiful or well behaved.
Nigerian women can marry any man of any Nationality as long as he is well behaved or has a decent income...

What is your point, sure Nigerians are not racist, but we are very 'proud', we take pride in our culture and heritage, especially well-off Nigerians, non-Nigerians that marry into the family have to prove their worth like everyone else.
If a Nigerian guy brings home to his family a Somali girl or an Ethiopian girl, he has to prove to his family and especially his mother why she should be his wife and it's harder when she doesn't know the culture very well, she doesn't have to know the language, just the culture.
Furthermore, our culture involves family-exchange, if the somali girl's family does not accept the nigerian side because of their racist intent (e.g. calling other africans adoons) then the marraige cannot go on, we are a proud people, we will not be degraded by africans that look down on us, especially when their own country isn't stable
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 05, 2016
Now, you need to speak for yourself. What my own mother looks out for in a lady that wants to marry me are these:
* is the lady well behaved and well mannered?
* is she a christian?
* does she have a job or source of income?
* do you (me = her son) really love her?

The fact she does not know Nigerian culture can be LEARNED!

If a Somali girl agrees to marry a Nigerian guy, she would do everything to ensure her family accepts him... so, please don't group all Nigerians in your classification of "Nigerians cannot marry Somalis"...

Rivertemz:

What is your point, sure Nigerians are not racist, but we are very 'proud', we take pride in our culture and heritage, especially well-off Nigerians, non-Nigerians that marry into the family have to prove their worth like everyone else.
If a Nigerian guy brings home to his family a Somali girl or an Ethiopian girl, he has to prove to his family and especially his mother why she should be his wife and it's harder when she doesn't know the culture very well, she doesn't have to know the language, just the culture.
Furthermore, our culture involves family-exchange, if the somali girl's family does not accept the nigerian side because of their racist intent (e.g. calling other africans adoons) then the marraige cannot go on, we are a proud people, we will not be degraded by africans that look down on us, especially when their own country isn't stable
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 12:21am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
Now, you need to speak for yourself. What my own mother looks out for in a lady that wants to marry me are these:
* is the lady well behaved and well mannered?
* is she a christian?
* does she have a job or source of income?
* do you (me = her son) really love her?

The fact she does not know Nigerian culture can be LEARNED!

If a Somali girl agrees to marry a Nigerian guy, she would do everything to ensure her family accepts him... so, please don't group all Nigerians in your classification of "Nigerians cannot marry Somalis"...

ok lets start to speak for yourself, you want to play Mr objective.
you're a christian, so if your mom wants you with a christian girl too, did you know Somalis are all muslim and will do what other muslims do to their daughters if they see her with a Christian, disown or kill her. Your own mom would not want you to be unequally yoked as a Christian so get that out of your head or try it and fail.

Next, either you don't know, nigerians take their culture seriously as well as other africans, somalis are the same, so idk why you're pretending and ignoring that, stop reaching for imaginary points. People are all the same, but we are talking about nigerians as a collective.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 12:26am On Apr 05, 2016
Somguy:
As for Somali culture being different from other horn cultures, again, the difference between Muslim Somali culture and Muslim habesha or Oromo culture is very minimal. Oromo and Somalis intermarry all the time. Tigre people from Eritrea are nomadic Muslims just like us and we get on quite well with one another. I know of Somali/habeshas who are married. I also know people who are half Somali half habesha. One girl I know has a father who is Amhara and a mother who is Somali.

You really don't know what you're talking about.

And if your parents really are that narrow-minded, then you must come from a very primitive family.
Primitive?? don't comment about my own family when it's the same for every Nigerian family, stop right there because you sound just like your somali brothers that troll on here 24/7. Secondly isn't that the same for MANY somali families, how dare you ignore your own hypocrisy, watch your tone, because you're starting to sound like these trolls

And i didn't ask you about other horn-african intermarrying each other, obviously that happens and obviously Horn african nations are closely related, that's not what this topic is about.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 12:45am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:

That's exactly my point. I've never heard of Nigerians being that close minded. It's not like we're talking about Asians here...
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 05, 2016
If she is NOT a Christian I would not try to marry her in the first place... and yes there are enough Somalis that are Christians.

I am a Deist... but since it is hard to find people like me, i would just go with my former religion (Christianity) which all my family members belong to.

Not all Nigerians take culture seriously please... examples are my Paternal grandparents, they relocated to Lagos when they where very young and hardly went back to their villages.

Rivertemz:

ok lets start to speak for yourself, you want to play Mr objective.
you're a christian, so if your mom wants you with a christian girl too, did you know Somalis are all muslim and will do what other muslims do to their daughters if they see her with a Christian, disown or kill her. Your own mom would not want you to be unequally yoked as a Christian so get that out of your head or try it and fail.

Next, either you don't know, nigerians take their culture seriously as well as other africans, somalis are the same, so idk why you're pretending and ignoring that, stop reaching for imaginary points. People are all the same, but we are talking about nigerians as a collective.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 12:57am On Apr 05, 2016
We are not the way he is describing... the fact is most Nigerians have had very few contacts with Somalis so we don't really have a bad opinion about Somalis on a person to person basis. Our knowledge about Somalia is what we see on CNN and BBC new stations AND the few Somali trolls on Nairaland.

Somguy:

That's exactly my point. I've never heard of Nigerians being that close minded. It's not like we're talking about Asians here...
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:00am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
If she is NOT a Christian I would not try to marry her in the first place... and yes there are enough Somalis that are Christians.

I am a Deist... but since it is hard to find people like me, i would just go with my former religion (Christianity) which all my family members belong to.

Not all Nigerians take culture seriously please... examples are my Paternal grandparents, they relocated to Lagos when they where very young and hardly went back to their villages.

You litereally just put random words together to reply to me, stop wasting my time you sound like an i.d.i.o.t
your grandparents? moved to lagos? and haven't been back to their village what does that have to do with culture? WTF.... shut the hell up
and w.t.f... Do you even know what Somalis are have you ever met Somalis? shut up
You will never meet a Somali christian in your life, I swear to you, there are under 1000 somalis in the world that are christian under 1000, (research this now) and shut up, stop wasting my bloody time
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 1:01am On Apr 05, 2016
Rivertemz:

first of all, im not here to degrade your somali background or culture so don't tell me'stfu', don't get heated this is my opinion and point of view.

Im merely stating that i have never seen a nigerian & somali link yet, If it exists then its very very rare. I live and grew up in London, with a large Somali community, I went to school with somalis, have a lot of somali friends.

I'm already aware that there are some somalis that date Caribbean, that's nice but it's also very very rare, don't pretend like somalis are not a little racist against west-africans and carribeans, especially the older generation, calling other africans 'adoon' and all that nonsense. It's similar in reverse, other africans are a bit rude towards somalis.
But the younger generation are more open, I also know your communities are very religious (very islamic).

This is 2016, but africans are still divided over cultural and ethnic lines, more time would change things.

You are the first ever somali person on the site that doesn't actually BS 24/7 about us, so im very surprised we are even having this discussion, just realize that a percentage of somalis will continue to talk sh*t about us, it's partly your job to change that mindset in your own communities especially if you like going on nairaland.

Since those trolls started coming on here (~2010) they've been spreading extreme hate, hate towards Nigerians who have never seen or spoken to somalis before, most nigerians on here have never left nigeria to visit the diverse communities of africans in places like the UK or Canada with a lot of cool Somalis. So now their first impressions of Somalis are of racist, rude and vile East-Africans

So the image these trolls have painted have been very damaging, i saw your new thread, you are right, the mods should ban those trolls, but we've already asked them to do so and they still haven't yet. Please i need to know and see these nigerian-somali couples you're talking about if its true, so i can show the trolls their BS

You're right. I should not have told you to stfu for simply sharing your perspective. That was very rude of me and for that I apologise.

Secondly, yes I'm not going to lie, many Somalis have a general dislike for Africans who look "Bantu". There are many reasons for this, but they are all based on ignorance. But let's not pretend like other Africans do not look down on each other based on skin pigmentation, culture and religion. Racism is not exclusive to Somalis.

Anther reason why many Somalis, particularly in the UK, hate West Africans is due to the fact that when the first large communities arrived in the UK back in the 90's, the Jamaicans gave them hell and used to harass them simply for being different.

With that said, the younger generation tends to be far more open-minded than the older one.

I haven't got pictures of Somali/Naija couples, but I've spoken to women who are married to Nigerians and they are very proud of it. Some sections within our community might ostracise them for marrying someone who is foreign, but they personally don't seem to care.

Me personally, I'd much rather have my sisters marry African Muslims than Arabs or whites.

As for the trolls, then sadly these people thrive on the attention that people give them. These losers actually believe that having soft hair makes them superior. Reflect on how effeminate it is for a man to seek pride in his facial features lmao.

We get plenty of African trolls who post pictures of starving Somalis on Somali forums as well so I guess it's just the nature of social media which creates these slimy losers who crave the attention.

The only reason I even signed up here was to dispel a few myths and distance my people from these little worms. I absolutely do not blame anyone who responds in kind to these animals. The blame is squarely on these trolls who antagonise people on their own forum.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 1:09am On Apr 05, 2016
Rivertemz:

Primitive?? don't comment about my own family when it's the same for every Nigerian family, stop right there because you sound just like your somali brothers that troll on here 24/7. Secondly isn't that the same for MANY somali families, how dare you ignore your own hypocrisy, watch your tone, because you're starting to sound like these trolls

And i didn't ask you about other horn-african intermarrying each other, obviously that happens and obviously Horn african nations are closely related, that's not what this topic is about.

You've raised some good points. I just thought that Nigerians were more open-minded than Somalis.

Somalis are tribalists by nature and would even look down on whites, Arabs etc.. It's a very unfortunate trait that is found in all nomadic communities.

Back in the day, they would even look down on ethnic Somalis who did not live the nomadic lifestyle (fishermen, craftsmen, city dwellers etc). Entire clans were ostracised and dehumanised because of such ignorance.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 05, 2016
Dumb i.d.i.o.t... did i touch a nerve small boy? You are just too st.u.pi.d to speak for all Nigerians. There are Somali Christians in Kenya, UK and USA.... grin grin grin

The thing must have pained you... lol... may you die of your foolishness... small pikin with china phone... grin cheesy

1000 Somali Christians in Somalia... is what you mean... du.mb a.ss!

Rivertemz:

You litereally just put random words together to reply to me, stop wasting my time you sound like an i.d.i.o.t
your grandparents? moved to lagos? and haven't been back to their village what does that have to do with culture? WTF.... shut the hell up
and w.t.f... Do you even know what Somalis are have you ever met Somalis? shut up
You will never meet a Somali christian in your life, I swear to you, there are under 1000 somalis in the world that are christian under 1000, (research this now) and shut up, stop wasting my bloody time
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 05, 2016
You dont take the opinion of one mis-informed and hateful Nigerian to judge 150 million people... the guy is just an i.d.i.o.t.

Somguy:

You've raised some good points. I just thought that Nigerians were more open-minded than Somalis.

Somalis are tribalists by nature and would even look down on whites, Arabs etc.. It's a very unfortunate trait that is found in all nomadic communities.

Back in the day, they would even look down on ethnic Somalis who did not live the nomadic lifestyle (fishermen, craftsmen, city dwellers etc). Entire clans were ostracised and dehumanised because of such ignorance.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 1:18am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
Dumb i.d.i.o.t... did i touch a nerve small boy? You are just too st.u.pi.d to speak for all Nigerians. There are Somali Christians in Kenya, UK and USA.... grin grin grin

The thing must have pained you... lol... may you die of your foolishness... small pikin with china phone... grin cheesy

They are a very small minority. There are even atheists etc.. But these people are known and are extremely small in number. They also tend to be ostracised from the community except for a few well-known families up north such as the Mariano family.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:18am On Apr 05, 2016
Somguy:

You're right. I should not have told you to stfu for simply sharing your perspective. That was very rude of me and for that I apologise.

Secondly, yes I'm not going to lie, many Somalis have a general dislike for Africans who look "Bantu". There are many reasons for this, but they are all based on ignorance. But let's not pretend like other Africans do not look down on each other based on skin pigmentation, culture and religion. Racism is not exclusive to Somalis.

Anther reason why many Somalis, particularly in the UK, hate West Africans is due to the fact that when the first large communities arrived in the UK back in the 90's, the Jamaicans gave them hell and used to harass them simply for being different.

With that said, the younger generation tends to be far more open-minded than the older one.

I haven't got pictures of Somali/Naija couples, but I've spoken to women who are married to Nigerians and they are very proud of it. Some sections within our community might ostracise them for marrying someone who is foreign, but they personally don't seem to care.

Me personally, I'd much rather have my sisters marry African Muslims than Arabs or whites.

As for the trolls, then sadly these people thrive on the attention that people give them. These losers actually believe that having soft hair makes them superior. Reflect on how effeminate it is for a man to seek pride in his facial features lmao.

We get plenty of African trolls who post pictures of starving Somalis on Somali forums as well so I guess it's just the nature of social media which creates these slimy losers who crave the attention.

The only reason I even signed up here was to dispel a few myths and distance my people from these little worms. I absolutely do not blame anyone who responds in kind to these animals. The blame is squarely on these trolls who antagonise people on their own forum.
Thank for your response,
I'll reply to your points with my respective opinion on it.

But let's not pretend like other Africans do not look down on each other based on skin pigmentation, culture and religion. Racism is not exclusive to Somalis.
This is true, but that is more of a caste/social idea about lighter or darker skin, it's never an argument, it's only directed towards linking light skin with beauty and women, and linking dark skin with strength and men. But another reason for Western (white) standards that have been perpetuated all over Africa. But our discussion involves nationalities within Africa, our relations, our cultural exchange and support. But these somali trolls have not allowed Nigerians (in Nigeria) to support Somalis on a social-networking level.

The jamaicans did the same thing to us Nigerians in the 80s and they'll live to regret that because Nigerians have contributed to the Black-British experience and they know we can be their biggest ally in the demographic, we have also intermarried with them, but we still hold very seperate values from them, don't mix us up with Jamaicans, they're great, but they can be hypocritical.

...We get plenty of African trolls who post pictures of starving Somalis on Somali forums as well so I guess it's just the nature of social media which creates these slimy losers who crave the attention.
show me proof of this, ive gone past somalinet before and ive never seen this, give me a link of nigerians on your forums doing this and ill believe you undecided

Until I see one with my own naked eye then ill believe bro and the fact that a percentage of the Somali community turn away from that coupling should be concerning to you, not looked over. The same with the Nigerian community, it's gonna take a looonnnng time before that's the norm mate. In that time it will be the norm for nigerian muslims only, many nigerian christians exist more in the UK tho.
And you seeing your sisters with other africans instead of arabs or whites is good, but we both know somalis either mostly marry somali or arab
Tell me what you think of arabs? I thought somalis were cool with them, are you?
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 05, 2016
Ostracised in UK and USA... aint nobody got time for that.

Somguy:

They are a very small minority. There are even atheists etc.. But these people are known and are extremely small in number. They also tend to be ostracised from the community except for a few well-known families up north such as the Mariano family.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:21am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:

Even Somguy is telling you that you're wrong.
Yes It pained me to see your replies because you're Nigerian and you sound like a MuMU, like an ignorant fool, it pains me to see another nigerian embarrass himself, just stop before you confuse everyone even more, for your own sake
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 1:23am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
You dont take the opinion of one mis-informed and hateful Nigerian to judge 150 million people... the guy is just an i.d.i.o.t.

I'm not judging all Nigerians. I know plenty of Nigerians. I generally admire a lot about Nigerian culture such as the huge focus on education, family values etc.

But at the end of the day, we all have our own perspectives based on our own subjective realities. Both of you could be right based on what you've seen in your own environments.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 05, 2016
Small pikin... go and drink breast milk.... there are Somali Christians... f00lish boy, they exist... they might be the minority but they do exist... got it... he-goat be gone.

Rivertemz:

Even Somguy is telling you that you're wrong.
Yes It pained me to see your replies because you're Nigerian and you sound like a MuMU, like an ignorant fool, it pains me to see another nigerian embarrass himself, just stop before you confuse everyone even more, for your own sake
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:33am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
Small pikin... go and drink breast milk.... there are Somali Christians... f00lish boy, they exist... they might be the minority but they do exist... got it... he-goat be gone.

ahaha grin continue with the curses, it's a sign of true defeat. Also go and look for your Somali Christian since they exist (like looking for a unicorn) LOOL tell a Somali you know that and they'll laugh at you, I am 100% certain you've never met a Somali before, you're just here to comment, instead of listening to Somalis or other Nigerians who have actually associated with somalis. Stay ignorant
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 1:34am On Apr 05, 2016
And just because Somali Christians are virtually non-existent in Somalia does not mean they are not in Kenya, USA and UK where there is COMPLETE freedom of religion and in these areas grown up children live in their own apartments (accomodation)...

There are so many people from muslim families that are no longer muslims in USA and UK simply because they do not live with their families anymore... i mean a lot...for example i have a muslim friends that drinks and clubs... he doesn't go to mosque except he goes to his parents house during sallah - he is just a muslim in front of his family members... that is all.

Somguy:

I'm not judging all Nigerians. I know plenty of Nigerians. I generally admire a lot about Nigerian culture such as the huge focus on education, family values etc.

But at the end of the day, we all have our own perspectives based on our own subjective realities. Both of you could be right based on what you've seen in your own environments.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 05, 2016
Curses? you have memory problems... try and remember (with you fish brain - I know it is difficult for you) who started the insults... stay f00lish for life...

you conceded when you threw the first insult... Ode!

run along small pikin...

Rivertemz:

ahaha grin continue with the curses, it's a sign of true defeat. Also go and look for your Somali Christian since they exist (like looking for a unicorn) LOOL tell a Somali you know that and they'll laugh at you, I am 100% certain you've never met a Somali before, you're just here to comment, instead of listening to Somalis or other Nigerians who have actually associated with somalis. Stay ignorant
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:40am On Apr 05, 2016
TheTransformer:
Curses? you have memory problems... try and remember (with you fish brain - I know it is difficult for you) who started the insults... stay f00lish for life...

run along small pikin...

carry on oohhh grin God is good
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Somguy: 1:43am On Apr 05, 2016
Rivertemz:

Thank for your response,
I'll reply to your points with my respective opinion on it.

This is true, but that is more of a caste/social idea about lighter or darker skin, it's never an argument, it's only directed towards linking light skin with beauty and women, and linking dark skin with strength and men. But another reason for Western (white) standards that have been perpetuated all over Africa. But our discussion involves nationalities within Africa, our relations, our cultural exchange and support. But these somali trolls have not allowed Nigerians (in Nigeria) to support Somalis on a social-networking level.

The jamaicans did the same thing to us Nigerians in the 80s and they'll live to regret that because Nigerians have contributed to the Black-British experience and they know we can be their biggest ally in the demographic, we have also intermarried with them, but we still hold very seperate values from them, don't mix us up with Jamaicans, they're great, but they can be hypocritical.

show me proof of this, ive gone past somalinet before and ive never seen this, give me a link of nigerians on your forums doing this and ill believe you undecided

Until I see one with my own naked eye then ill believe bro and the fact that a percentage of the Somali community turn away from that coupling should be concerning to you, not looked over. The same with the Nigerian community, it's gonna take a looonnnng time before that's the norm mate. In that time it will be the norm for nigerian muslims only, many nigerian christians exist more in the UK tho.
And you seeing your sisters with other africans instead of arabs or whites is good, but we both know somalis either mostly marry somali or arab
Tell me what you think of arabs? I thought somalis were cool with them, are you?

The trolls on Somali sites have mostly been African American or Kenyan. I'm not making this up as I used to be very active on somalinet and some other forums many years ago. I never said that they were Nigerian. My point was that we get trolls from other African nationalities as well. We even get Ethiopian trolls.

I'm actually quite shocked that you haven't seen Nigerian/Somali couples in London. I know personally of two and have heard of others in the past. Yes, it's a problem that many Somalis will disown the couple, but I'm seeing progress. It takes time to change certain mentalities.

Religion is always going to be factor though, let's face it. I really don't see that as a problem and I would personally not get offended if a Christian woman rejected my advances based on my religion. Religion is about more than just colour, culture etc., it's about spirituality. People who share similar convictions are going to find it easier to get along in the long run.

As for Arabs, then I'm cool with most of them. But certain Arab nationalities have some cultural vices such as wife beating, which is why I would never marry my own sister or daughters off to them unless the guys are exceptionally good. I know of far too many cases of domestic abuse in that community. Not all Arabs do this, but certain nationalities from amongst them are known for this. Same with Asians (of all religions).

Horners usually intermarry with Southern Yemenis who are culturally and genetically very similar to us (many of them are black or mixed). Northern Yemenis are closer to Saudis. Domestic abuse is very frowned upon in our community and the clan will usually take back their daughter if the husband mistreats her.
Re: Ethiopian Women + Nigerian Men (PICS) by Rivertemz: 1:43am On Apr 05, 2016
when he said Somali Christian, that's when I knew someone was smoking Pot LMAO grin
what kind of nonsense, only a person that haven't been around somalis would say that, but im still confused why TheTransformer is here debating this with no substance to add to the discussion, just here to play Mr.Objective

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Yoruba Words That Have Several Meanings / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Photos From Virgin Ceremony In Ogu, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.