Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,530 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) (57114 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor's N8m Can-Am Bike & Cars In His Compound (Photos) / Emmanuel Adebayor Flaunts His Car Garage / Emmanuel Emenike Converts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

God remains a man made idea.
How sure are you?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 8:52am On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
How sure are you?

Very sure.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

Very sure.
Good. So tell me, how did you get to this level of certainty of his nonexistence?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
Good. So tell me, how did you get to this level of certainty of his nonexistence?

Humans created all the God ideas they worship that is why there are different Gods and different religions. because all Gods are a creation of different humans based on their own conceived ideas. No God can be shown to exist on its own independent of human writings, stories and cultural acceptance of humans . No God can be shown to exist on its own independent of human influence. Humans must develop stories about all the God ideas they invent, write down these stories it, spread it by telling other humans through various means, create doctrines and enforce them, build places of worship for their Gods, build dogmas, create religious systems, punish offenders and on and on. No God can be shown to exist on it's own without human influence and input. Gods remain human ideas that is why there are different Gods and different religions. history has shown us that humans started out worshiping agents of nature like the sun, wind, lightening, rivers, mountains before they gradually moved to idols, later some of them moved to worshiping their kings and rulers and then finally to invisible beings.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

Humans created all the God ideas they worship that is why there are different Gods and different religions. because all Gods are a creation of different humans based on their own conceived ideas. No God can be shown to exist on its own independent of human writings, stories and cultural acceptance of humans . No God can be shown to exist on its own independent of human influence. Humans must develop stories about all the God ideas they invent, write down these stories it, spread it by telling other humans through various means, create doctrines and enforce them, build places of worship for their Gods, build dogmas, create religious systems, punish offenders and on and on. No God can be shown to exist on it's own without human influence and input. Gods remain human ideas that is why there are different Gods and different religions. history has shown us that humans started out worshiping agents of nature like the sun, wind, lightening, rivers, mountains before they gradually moved to idols, later some of them moved to worshiping their kings and rulers and then finally to invisible beings.
How would you want a God to be shown to exist? I mean a God.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
How would you want a God to be shown to exist? I mean a God.

Just the way the sun, wind or say gravity shows that it exist. Remember we are told in story books that this God was all over the place performing incredible wonders for humans to see. He was said to address them through public speech, fight along side them. Show hos.power and evidence that he exist directly. Didn't need anybody to speak on his behalf. Thay was what the people that invented that God wrote. The version that I was made to believe in any way.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

Just the way the sun, wind or say gravity shows that it exist. Remember we are told in story books that this God was all over the place performing incredible wonders for humans to see. He was said to address them through public speech, fight along side them. Show hos.power and evidence that he exist directly. Didn't need anybody to speak on his behalf. Thay was what the people that invented that God wrote. The version that I was made to believe in any way.
Literally? Which God is this you are talking about?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
Literally? Which God is this you are talking about?

God of the bible . I was raised to believe in that God idea.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

God of the bible . I was raised to believe in that God idea.
Yahweh. Good. Addressed them through public speech. Good. Fight alongside them. Good. We are close now.

Do you think their is a higher intelligence, in any form, responsible for the coming of our universe and existence or you don't think that our universe is a product of higher intelligence in any form?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
Yahweh. Good. Addressed them through public speech. Good. Fight alongside them. Good. We are close now.

Do you think their is a higher intelligence, in any form, responsible for the coming of our universe and existence or you don't think that our universe is a product of higher intelligence in any form?

I don't know and I don't have any idea about it. If there is any higher intelligence behind the universe or of the universe is just a machine that is self existent I will wait till an empirical and verifiable explanation is produced before I believe. I am very much ok with the I don't know position. I will not accept clearly made mythology or ideas I know are just made up . Ideas that lack verifiable evidence.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

I don't know and I don't have any idea about it. If there is any higher intelligence behind the universe or of the universe is just a machine that is self existent I will wait till an empirical and verifiable explanation is produced before I believe. I am very much ok with the I don't know position. I will not accept clearly made mythology or ideas I know are just made up . Ideas that lack verifiable evidence.
Very Good. But then join me in reexamining your previous claim. Can there be a lack of knowledge and presence of knowledge at the same time?

As in, can the ' I don't know position' mean that you know that God doesn't exist?

I mean can one be neutral and still take side at the same time?

In essence, can premise A and B be the truth if they disagree?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
Very Good. But then join me in reexamining your previous claim. Can there be a lack of knowledge and presence of knowledge at the same time?

As in, can the ' I don't know position' mean that you know that God doesn't exist?
I mean can one be neutral and still take side at the same time?

In essence, can premise A and B be the truth if they disagree?

Let's not confuse ourselves. When it comes to God I told you that all the Gods that humans worship are all an invention of humans. I clearly stated my positions and gave my reasons. So I don't know what lack of knowledge you are talking about. If by God you mean Allah, Ra Amun, Zeus, Brahma, Sango, Xenu, Yahweh then all these Gods are a creation of ancient men. History has clearly shown that to be true. But if you are referring to the entity or entities that created the universe we are.living in then the true answer is no one knows. We as humans are just putting forth different hypothesis. We don't know for a fact how the universe came to be and what is behind it.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

Let's not confuse ourselves. When it comes to God I told you that all the Gods that humans worship are all an invention of humans. I clearly stated my positions and gave my reasons. So I don't know what lack of knowledge you are talking about. If by God you mean Allah, Ra Amun, Zeus, Brahma, Sango, Xenu, Yahweh then all these Gods are a creation of ancient men. History has clearly shown that to be true. But if you are referring to the entity or entities that created the universe we are.living in then the true answer is no one knows. We as humans are just putting forth different hypothesis. We don't know for a fact how the universe came to be and what is behind it.
But some of these Gods respond when prayed to. Or what do you think happens?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 2:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
But some of these Gods respond when prayed to. Or what do you think happens?

Respond when prayed to? So far there is no evidence to show that those who pray to say the christian God get what they want or fare better than those who do not pray to him under any circumstance. Studies have been conducted by christians to determine the efficacy of.prayers butit turned out negative. I'll look it up and post it for you to see.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

Respond when prayed to? So far there is no evidence to show that those who pray to say the christian God get what they want or fare better than those who do not pray to him under any circumstance. Studies have been conducted by christians to determine the efficacy of.prayers butit turned out negative. I'll look it up and post it for you to see.

I am not talking just about prayers. A connection with the supernatural can also be one. Are you a Nigerian?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
Reyginus:
I am not talking just about prayers. A connection with the supernatural can also be one. Are you a Nigerian?

I am very much a Nigerian .what connection are you talking about and how can it be tested and verified ?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
dalaman:

I am very much a Nigerian .what connection are you talking about and how can it be tested and verified ?
I am talking about the spiritual afflictions some Nigerians claim to encounter in their daily lives and the miraculous. The Juju they claim that is affecting their lives. The demonic possessed and spirit filled ones.

I have seen a boy, a Muslim boy, my hostel mate then, who they say was possessed and hitting an object around him inflicts pain on him but hitting him touches the Jinns operational in him. I hope you get my point.

These work for them. They attribute it to a God or God.

What really happens here? Is it that they are all blind and psychotic or these acts are science? Or am I blind myself? How logical would it be to dismiss these claims because we want them to be verified by our own means?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
U r yet to prove anything...funny enough you would most likely believe that the forces of evil exist...

dalaman:

No God can be shown to exist on its own independent of human writings and stories and cultural acceptance and human . No God can be shown on its own independent of human influence. Humans must develop stories about all the God ideas they invent. Write it, spread it by telling other humans, create doctrines and enforce them, build places of worship for their Gods and on and on. No God can be shown to exist on it's own without human influence and input. Gods remain human ideas that is why there are different Gods and different religions .
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by dalaman: 10:48am On Jul 09, 2015
Reyginus:
I am talking about the spiritual afflictions some Nigerians claim to encounter in their daily lives and the miraculous. The Juju they claim that is affecting their lives. The demonic possessed and spirit filled ones.

I have seen a boy, a Muslim boy, my hostel mate then, who they say was possessed and hitting an object around him inflicts pain on him but hitting him touches the Jinns operational in him. I hope you get my point.

These work for them. They attribute it to a God or God.

What really happens here? Is it that they are all blind and psychotic or these acts are science? Or am I blind myself? How logical would it be to dismiss these claims because we want them to be verified by our own means?

I completely understand what you are saying. The claim of juju is mostly out of ignorance, remember that juju used to be what our ancestors knew and worshiped before the white people came. Out break of diseases and drought were mostly thought to be as a result of the enemies using juju to get at the society because our ancestors did not have the means to know or examine the different microscopic organisms that were causing the diseases and how to get rid of them. They tried what they knew but if after trying all what they knew and it failed, they quickly run to their superstitious beliefs for explanations because that was all they knew.

As for the muslim, all i can say is that it doesn't mean much he could be suffering from some mental illness, with religious undertones as a result of indoctrination, religious indoctrination is a very powerful thing because you entire life revolves mostly around your religious belif. it comes first in amlost everything you you see the entire world through it first and foremost. Have you ever wondered why muslims only get infected by islamic demons and why christians only get infected by christian demons? have you even seen hindu exorcism? They deliver men, women and kids from various hindu demons and set them free in the name of their various hindu Gods and goddesses. As a christian do you believe that demons can be cast out using the name of Shiva or Brahma? I doubt you do but many hindus actually do that. Religious experience is all a matter of religious indoctrination, islamic jinns never attack christians , buddist or Jews, just as the way you can never hear of muslims being attacked by marine spirits or other kinds of spirits and demons the christians believe in.
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
dalaman:

I completely understand what you are saying. The claim of juju is mostly out of ignorance, remember that juju used to be what our ancestors knew and worshiped before the white people came. Out break of diseases and drought were mostly thought to be as a result of the enemies using juju to get at the society because our ancestors did not have the means to know or examine the different microscopic organisms that were causing the diseases and how to get rid of them. They tried what they knew but if after trying all what they knew and it failed, they quickly run to their superstitious beliefs for explanations because that was all they knew.

As for the muslim, all i can say is that it doesn't mean much he could be suffering from some mental illness, with religious undertones as a result of indoctrination, religious indoctrination is a very powerful thing because you entire life revolves mostly around your religious belif. it comes first in amlost everything you you see the entire world through it first and foremost. Have you ever wondered why muslims only get infected by islamic demons and why christians only get infected by christian demons? have you even seen hindu exorcism? They deliver men, women and kids from various hindu demons and set them free in the name of their various hindu Gods and goddesses. As a christian do you believe that demons can be cast out using the name of Shiva or Brahma? I doubt you do but many hindus actually do that. Religious experience is all a matter of religious indoctrination, islamic jinns never attack christians , buddist or Jews, just as the way you can never hear of muslims being attacked by marine spirits or other kinds of spirits and demons the christians believe in.

I have thought about it and I think their may be an explanation. What if these peculiar demons are just different names for the same thing, and the approach of eradication, different methods of solving the thing?

Second, are these physical experiences false because it cannot be verified using scientific or what tools?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by adsami1: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
DMainMan:

u want to convert odas to your religion and u are still calling them fool. hmmmn
Now I can call u a fool bcs I neva said I'm convertin anyone.....and d ones I called fools in d post are those who are religious (ie mouth-christians)......I guess u ar one of such, rite?
Re: Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) by DMainMan: 9:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
adsami1:

Now I can call u a fool bcs I neva said I'm convertin anyone.....and d ones I called fools in d post are those who are religious (ie mouth-christians)......I guess u ar one of such, rite?
I AM A MUSLIM. Y waiting now to reply and u even called me a fool. No wahala. Keep abusing people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Liverpool Star Mo Salah In Tears After Horror Head Injury Vs Newcastle (Photos) / Sergio Aguero: Why I Fainted During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game / Nigerians Expelled From Senegal Stadium For Displaying Biafra Flags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.