Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version (1101 Views)

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! / Shocking Discovery About NIV Bible. (a Must-read For True Believers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by ify84(m): 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2015
Do you know that NIV was published by Zondervan and is now OWNED by Harper Collins, who also publishes the Satanic Bible and The Joy of Gay Sex.
The NIV has removed several words from the Bible including Jehovah,Calvary, Holy Ghost and omnipotent to name but a few...
The NIV has also removed some verses from the bible. Most of us have the Bible on our phones. Try and find these scriptures under NIV on your phone right now if you are in doubt:
Matthew 17:21, 18:11, 23:14; Mark 7:16, 9:44, 9:46; Luke 17:36, 23:17; John 5:4; Acts 8:37
...surprised?.
I also immediately went to my hard copy NIV and didn’t see these verses also.
The new publishers of NIV are responsible for these changes. You can’t publish satanic bible and God’s Holy book.
I research further and saw some misplacement of words in some verses like:
The NIV perverts the virgin birth!
LUKE 2:33: The King James Bible reads, "And JOSEPH and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him." The NIV reads,"The CHILD'S FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him." The "CHILD'S FATHER"? Was Joseph Jesus's father? Not if you believe the virgin birth!
COLOSSIANS 1:14: The KJB reads, "In whom we have redemption THROUGH HIS BLOOD, even the forgiveness of sins:" The NIV reads, "In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." The NIV rips out the precious words "THROUGH HIS BLOOD"! Friend, redemption is ONLY "THROUGH HIS BLOOD". Hebrews 9:22, reads, ". . . without shedding of BLOOD is no remission." That old song says, "What can wash away my sins, NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!"
Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by bigiyaro(m): 10:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
tanks @op. I'll notify my pastor imidiatly
Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by Tintinnoty(m): 11:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
my NIV where are u

1 Like

Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by parisbookaddict(f): 10:07am On Jul 06, 2015
So many conspiracies with the translations in the niv..

I choose to depend on the Goodness and KJV versions for a holistic understand of the translations
Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by Gombs(m): 10:21am On Jul 06, 2015
Really? stop reading the NIV?
This is a simple matter... It's not just NIV, and there's a reason for thst

There are a list of Bible verses in the New Testament that are present in the King James Version (KJV) but absent from some Bible translations completed after the publication of The New Testament in the Original Greek in 1881 and the later Novum Testamentum Graece (first published in 1898 and revised many times since that date).

These editions of the Greek text took into account early manuscripts of the New Testament which had not been available to translators before the 19th century, notably those of the Alexandrian text-type .

The verses are present in the New King James Version , published in 1979, as well as the New American Standard Bible , though for most verses these translations include footnotes indicating doubts about their authenticity.

Most modern textual scholars consider these verses interpolations , or additions by later authors, but exceptions include advocates of the Byzantine or Majority Text and of the Received Text .

When a verse is omitted, later ones in the same chapter retain their traditional numbering. Apart from omitted entire verses, there are other omitted words and phrases in some modern translations such as the famous Comma Johanneum.

In particular these specific verses you quoted are not in the New International Version (NIV) main text. For some of the verses, there is a possible reasoning for "omission".

Note: In the New International Version, those verses are absent from the main text, but have been translated for inclusion in the footnotes(fn).

NIV is generally in agreement with the Nestle-Aland editions of the Greek New Testament which relegate such verses to the margin.

Update: The NIV2011 no longer has some of the verses that were included in footnotes in the 1984 and previous versions of the NIV.

For example
Matthew 17:21
KJV: Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.

NIVfn: But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.

NIV2011fn: Some manuscripts include here words similar to Mark 9:29.

I think we ought to find out reasons for some things we do not understand, especially in the Bible.

Isn't it strange that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Kumuiyi, Pastor E. A. Adeboye etc still uses the NIV in their devotionals? We can't claim they were ignorant of the fact some texts were missing (used in footnotes)

As many that may have believed the message some of us help spread , for example, shredding their NIV, me thinks we need correct the error of that message. Some people will build an ideology about the NIV, whereas there was no need for it.

As for publishers, those guys are a publishing company, and can publish as much books as they like.

For example, LWPM publishes the ROR Bible, a KJV Bible... If LWPM suddenly starts publishing x rated books, will you call KJV devilish and blasphemous?

Let's be cautious... Not being babies tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.

Amen

Stop helping the devil spread his propaganda.
Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by ify84(m): 10:28am On Jul 06, 2015
Gombs:
Really? Destroy the NIV?
This is a simple matter... It's not just NIV, and there's a reason for thst

The verses are present in the New King James Version , published in 1979, as well as the New American Standard Bible , though for most verses these translations include footnotes indicating doubts about their authenticity.

Most modern textual scholars consider these verses interpolations , or additions by later authors, but exceptions include advocates of the Byzantine or Majority Text and of the Received Text .

When a verse is omitted, later ones in the same chapter retain their traditional numbering. Apart from omitted entire verses, there are other omitted words and phrases in some modern translations such as the famous Comma Johanneum.

In particular these specific verses you quoted are not in the New International Version (NIV) main text. For some of the verses, there is a possible reasoning for "omission".

were u chating with someone... but pehaps, the KJV is the problem
Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by ify84(m): 10:33am On Jul 06, 2015
Tintinnoty:
my NIV where are u

kjv is the problem
Re: See Why You May Stop Reading NIV Version by Gombs(m): 10:39am On Jul 06, 2015
ify84:

kjv is the problem

Nope...the translators were.

(1) (Reply)

N0T AGA!N !!! Pastor Forces Church Members To Eat Their Pants And Bra. / 2015 Prophecy Review (pastor E. A Adeboye, Rccg) / BulletinvsBible:a Whatsapp Conversation Between A Catholic And A Non-catholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.