Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant (21328 Views)

5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant / 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Trailblazer1(m): 10:08am On Jul 13, 2015
kiss
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by udysweet(f): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2015
lool! Very true jare. I've had an experience with one years back,was a very funny one jare. But I don't think dey will be dat stingy evn to their family,maybe gfs sha,lol
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by beyoncausme: 10:11am On Jul 13, 2015
not applicable to everyone ....
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Masculity(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2015
OP get ready to defend yourself in the competent court of law cuz i gana sue you. Bad belle.

Someone should help me with a very good lawyer.
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by tobex23(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2015
LOL! I am an Accountant.
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Jamean(f): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2015
like seriously

I am not stingy, I am sociable and I am a direct opposite of all you listed.

Maybe you should use the word prudent and conservative

3 Likes

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Brytawon(m): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2015
Your opinion tho...
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Firefire(m): 10:31am On Jul 13, 2015
Jamean:
like seriously

I am not stingy, I am sociable and I am a direct opposite of all you listed.

Maybe you should use the word prudent and conservative

Same here, don't mind the OP.

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by owoeyeyem(m): 10:33am On Jul 13, 2015
I think this research is based on sentiments and past cultural believes

Well I am a Chartered Accountant and Each time i go for my exams i play football and video games a night before exams and still got qualified

I see movies like weekly.

I am Proudly an Accountant
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by missKiffy(f): 10:38am On Jul 13, 2015
A lot of them are truly stingy
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Op the thunder that will fire you and ur generation for discriminating us accountants is receiving Navy Seal training in North Korea.

#ProulyAccountant
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 13, 2015
Op the thunder that will fire you and ur generation for discriminating us accountants is receiving Navy Seal training in North Korea.

#ProulyAccountant
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by jimsin2081(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c7-RSkhxo

Nigeria, are you ready for the next big thing?

Believe me; words cannot convey the potential opportunities bookorrent.com.ng has brought to every business owner or service provider in Nigeria. The ecommerce industry you thought you knew has mounted a new pedestal. This is different and all encompassing. bookorrent.com.ng is an online marketplace where businesses, professionals and artisans can project a 360 degree view of their businesses by renting an online shop, workshop or office at an affordable annual rate (as low as N3, 000 per year -Offer lasts till August 7th, 2015).
Also, both business owners and end users can make up to N200, 000 monthly by referring other businesses and service providers to the website. (Click here to sign up for the referral campaign - http://www.bookorrent.com.ng/referrals)

On bookorrent.com.ng, Business owners can:

1. Showcase their services and products to millions of customers with nationwide delivery.
2. List their facilities and equipment for booking and renting
3. Showcase their past projects and upload upcoming events
4. List their staff and their respective expertise.
5. Create Deals and Promos to generate more sales
6. Receive both online and offline payments
7. Share their thoughts with their personal blog
8. Make new contacts on the bookorrent.com.ng online business forum and much more.

Customers are also not left behind as bookorrent.com.ng allows them to:

1. Purchase products at affordable rate and receive delivery nationwide.
2. Hire and rate Service Providers
3. Create contests and receive proposals from service providers in minutes
4. Operate an E-wallet which is tied to their bank account
5. And make loads of cash by referring business owners and service providers to the platform

So do you want visibility for your business? Having a website is a good idea but being part of an online marketplace IS THE NEXT BIG THING. Sign up Now (http://www.bookorrent.com.ng/signup).
For more information, get in touch with us on 08032532634, 08160609737, 08037984358, and 08168583851. Follow us on Facebook/Instagram: bookorrent, Twitter: @Bookorrentng. You can also visit our official blog – blog.bookorrent.com.ng
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by adedayourt(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2015
IF U DONT DATE AN ACCOUNTANT I WONDER WHO LL HELP PREPARE THE ACCOUNT OF URSEF U SUPPOSED TO GIVE IN HEAVEN

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by udemzyudex(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2015
you're wrong .... accountant are not stingy, they only spend wisely....

#proudly

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by adedayourt(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Stelvin101:

#ProulyAccountant

IT HASNT GOTTEN TO DAT YET DOU, ITS JUST AN INDEPENDENT OPINION BASED ON SHALLOW THINKING ND RETARDED REASONING.
fair value his opinion nd u see it has suffered full impairment

#proudlyaccountant

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Adesiji77: 11:02am On Jul 13, 2015
EduRegard:

[b] THEY LOSE THEIR JOBS AT ANY TIME
Someone who deals with delicate financial details which are meant to be questionable at times if the ogas at the top decide to play smart by deducting some fractions to benefit their already fat pocket. Tell me he’s not at risk of losing his job if he’s being called up to analyse the financial records. Coupled with this situation of the world where companies derive joy in sacking any potential looter. Ceteris Paribus, he’s home already.

There is an element of truth in your write-up EXCEPT the one quoted above.

Accounting is a profession whose members have greater potential for mobility than other professions. They can fit into virtually any sector of the economy.

There is no organization in the world that does not require the services of accountants, even religious bodies, charities and non-for-profit entities.

Cc: ednut1, isobayor, funkyjms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by sellydion: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2015
They are high achievers.
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2015
Accountant lo le se ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2015
Accountant lo le se ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by kaybills(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2015
Always at logger heads with Managers
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Excellentmind: 11:37am On Jul 13, 2015
I'm very proud to be an accountant. Your hatred for the accountants must be rooted to something known to only you. Since you've refused to share it, we can't help you either.

If accountants were allowed to run all the affairs of Nigeria in federal, state and local governments with their strong believe in prudence in the management of funds, there wouldn't have been wasteful spending on the part government officials.

Accounting is the best profession.
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Sweetlemon(f): 11:49am On Jul 13, 2015
Lol.

He's an accountant.

1. Boring ke? Ha! That guy don spoil me for my mama finish finish! grin wink
2. Yeah he's got many female admirers plus he's good looking on top. Plus he's got excellent taste in women. You should see pictures of his exes!
3. He's only stingy with things he doesn't consider worth his money. But he gets the best quality of anything he considers important to have or he doesn't bother.
4. Social life? Well, he's a busy guy. Plus he's always preparing for one professional exam or the other. BUT he sure knows how to paint the town red every now and then.
5. As for his jobs, the more qualifications he acquires, the less vulnerable he is to joblessness as he's already budding in his field.

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by sewentybaba: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Am an accountant. I think am stingy. No be lie cry
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by Bollove: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
EduRegard:
Shooting ursef on d feet though grin grin grin
as an Accountant I am all you mentioned but never stingy. I hardly see stingy Accountant though some folks are naturally stingy sha.....
Accountants pocket hardly dry, so the urge to spend money is high cuz you know you will balance up somewhere else !!!

Economists are those that are very stingy .... oh yes, they are stingy.
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by maureensylvia(f): 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2015
lolz u countered my thread? I read all u wrote and concluded that ur points are clueless, my fellow accountants can testify to it.

...meanwhile I am proud to be a smart, eventful, social, humanitarian and generous accountant.
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by NewsINigeria(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by acaolly1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
afuye:
Op EduRegard, you miss road, it seems a very sharp accountant carted away with your fiancee? Make I upload picture of how I groove for you ? You must be suffering from Post-traumatic stress disorder and a chronic mouth odour cos this tread stinks ! grin grin grin

Dont mind the guy, we Accountants are the best cos we care and spend for our wives.

1 Like

Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by acaolly1(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
5. As for his jobs, the more qualifications he acquires, the less vulnerable he is to joblessness as he's already budding in his field.
[/quote]

Am a Chartered Accountant and i have never loose a job b4, rather i change jobs when i get a greener pastures. Accountants rocks. smiley
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by ekmike(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2015
while you may be right on some of your points, I don't think it has to do with the profession but rather our personality. Although the nature of our jobs can keep you in a distance
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by gbodimowo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
EduRegard:
This is an obvious counter post to 8 Solid Advantages Of Marrying An Accountant . As life is all about viewing matters from different vantage points so that nature and its consequences can be satisfied.

As earlier stated – An accountant is someone whose job is to keep, inspect and manage financial details and accounts. He also performs accounting functions such as audits or financial statement analysis and other related financial concerns.

You are probably considering marrying an accountant or deliberating on going on a dinner with one, here are THE Disadvantages Of Dating To An Accountant.

THEY ARE BORING
Eyes glued to a screen and hands glued to an accounting calculating as he makes calculations and battle with financial endeavours all days and nights in order for the company to stay clear of bankruptcy – That summarises the lifestyle of an average accountant. They tend to keep to themselves all time as digits run through their brains, a lady dating such man will hardly enjoy him.

THEY ARE NOT SOCIABLE
This is somehow related to the aforementioned point and it is a truth universally acknowledged that accountants are far from social butterflies. They prefer numbers to words and computers to humans. In other words, they represent everything but not a social freak. They spend most times indoors and hardly have time for picnics and cinemas. You had better be ready to go social alone if you want to date an accountant.

LADIES FALL HEADS OVER HEELS FOR THEM – MALE ACCOUNTANTS
What do you expect?? After examining some of the advantages of dating them, most ladies do not think twice on the sight of a neatly dressed accountant. After much famzing and pestering from a busty lady, he might not be able to cope with the satanic challenge and therefore might not engage in the usual, “Hmmmm, I’m not single”. Instead, he would just smile and nod in agreement to the romantic head shot. Therefore, if you want to date an accountant, get ready for some competitions which might be so easy to cope with but only if you play your games right.

THEY LOSE THEIR JOBS AT ANY TIME
Someone who deals with delicate financial details which are meant to be questionable at times if the ogas at the top decide to play smart by deducting some fractions to benefit their already fat pocket. Tell me he’s not at risk of losing his job if he’s being called up to analyse the financial records. Coupled with this situation of the world where companies derive joy in sacking any potential looter. Ceteris Paribus, he’s home already.

THEY ARE STINGY
This is not so funny as accountants give no dime without calculations. They deliberate back and forth before making a financial decision. They believe life without plans and targeted calculations is not worth living. Calculation of inflation rate arises before buying the kitchen requirements – I doubt if anyone will pray to have that kind of human as a life partner.

That's all. Feel free to add yours.

DISCLAIMER : The post is not in anyway meant to discourage anyone from dating or perhaps marrying an accountant. It is just an excerpt from the minds of a human like you which is likely to be wrong if matters were to be viewed from your own perspective.

SOURCE : http://www.eduregard.com/5-disadvantages-of-dating-an-accountant/

thats good nice one
Re: 5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant by koribobo: 7:33am On Aug 07, 2017
afuye:
Op EduRegard, you miss road, it seems a very sharp accountant carted away with your fiancee? Make I upload picture of how I groove for you ? You must be suffering from Post-traumatic stress disorder and a chronic mouth odour cos this tread stinks ! grin grin grin
. You are disgusting as well if u can't see good and appreciate. People like u don't have anything upstairs. You are just a guru in criticizing people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Consider Doing While Waiting For That Dream Job / 4 Crazy Things I Love About Being A Lawyer / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.