Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,033 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account (656 Views)

Excess Crude Account Now $2.26bn – FG / Naira Rain At NASS As Senators Collect N23.4m Each- The Nation / Presidency Denies Plans Of Sharing $1.7 Billion From Excess Crude Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by Naijaland12: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
The federal government and the 36 states have agreed to share $1.7billion of the $2billion balance in the Excess Crude Account.
After the amount, which is about N391billion, is shared, there will be just about $.3billion remaining in the account which was created to help the two tiers of government save for raining days.

The Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomole, had told journalists after the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting, last week Tuesday, that following a spate of curious withdrawals from the account by the last administration, only $2billion was left in the account.

President Muhammadu Buhari had recently raised a committee to explore the possibility of sharing revenue from the account after state governments, some of which are owing months of salaries to their workers, approached him for bailout.

More to come…

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/186167-naira-rain-federal-govt-states-to-share-n391billion-from-excess-crude-account.html
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by joganut(m): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:26pm On Jul 06, 2015
as in share or dash?
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by eyeon(m): 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2015
I heard money... Did I hear it right?
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by Agwoden(m): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
I thought they said that they met an empty treasury? The same ECA that the dulling governors said theres no money?

1 Like

Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by Alonga: 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2015
All they no is sharing but no development.
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by kokoA(m): 6:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Makes sense.. ECA was set up to save for rainy days.. It's obvious we are currently in the "rainy days" no thanks to GEJ's squandering of our common wealth.
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by unuane1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 06, 2015
I would have advice PMB to only share $1billion from the money and keep the remaining $1billion for the uncertain days ahead. My opinion sha.
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by Goddex: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Agwoden:
I thought they said that they met an empty treasury? The same ECA that the dulling governors said theres no money?

Buhari is a shamless lying pretender
Re: Naira Rain: Federal Govt., States To Share N391billion From Excess Crude Account by jammani(m): 6:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army @ 152 / US Set Aside A Day As Basketmouth Day (photo) / NASS Crisis: Where President Buhari Went Wrong – Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.