Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary (30353 Views)

Prophetess Mary Olubori Twerks For Her Husband (Pics + Video) / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / Why Catholics And Protestants Cant Unite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 1:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

You should be asking yourself that question. Why are you interceding to the intercessor for your loved ones when you pray for them? Why are you being a priest pleading with the high priest for them? Why are you acting as another advocate for them? Is it absurd or not?

I asked that if you can pray for your loved ones, why can't Jesus' mother pray for her loved ones.

You couldn't answer.

God bless you 4 dt wonderful question
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
LewsTherin:
The omnipresent Father,
The omnipresent Son,
The omnipresent Holy Spirit.

There are over 1 billion Catholics on the planet. 1/24th of them may be praying at every single hour of the day every day. The omnipresent trinity can hear and attend all petitions at every time. The Spirit is with every Christian at every time. The Son lives in the heart of every Christian at every time.

I wonder. Is Mary omnipresent too? It's the only arguement I haven't gotten a rebutal to.

The Saints are in heaven. They don't have to be in your living room to hear you.

1John2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Stop limiting God and those who have become like him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

The Saints are in heaven. They don't have to be in your living room to hear you.

1John2 Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.

Stop limiting God and those who have become like him.
Idaful
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
luckyCO:

Am happy that you find it humbly enough to respond my comment.
There is contradictions here, you think am insulting/underrating Mary mother of Christ, never! never!! never!!!
Am a Catholic just as you are until am quickened the real meaning of Salvation and I praise God. Nobody is greater than the other,God saw all has fallen away from his grace and He come in His Son born of a woman to redeem us back to Himself. Today we can say Abba Father!
Those who receive 30%,60% 100% grace worked with their ability according to grace given but to the glory of God the Father.

Mary was overshadowed and She conceived[b](no reward)[/b] also was there at upper room to receive Holy Ghost[b](grace for reward-hope of glory)[/b]. All the qualities you attributed to Mary was given to her by God, what will you gain by asserting so much effort studying/praising/venerating the gift instead of the giver.

We all are waiting for the white throne judgement where all of us who did good will come out and be rewarded for all the things we did while on earth including Mary mother of Jesus.

Remember God's aim on the earth is for all to be under Christ and Christ under God who place everything under Him!

The problem is we reason God just as if He is a man, that is why we say Mary of mother of God etc.

God bless you.

Why do you pay attention and love to your mother instead of God who gave her to you?

2 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Scholar8200(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:

Bros y do u pray at all knowing fully well dt ur father in heaven knows all ur need?
because Jesus said to do so Matthew 7:11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

We dn't need any 1 to intercede 4 us bt why call on mary at d wedding feast of cana wen d wine got finished?
They did not call on Mary! By the way, apart from that scene which does not even portray what you wish it did, how many people sought to see Jesus because they needed a miracle etc and had to enlist Mary's attention? Read this and discern what it reveals:
Mark 3:31-35
31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.
32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Why did Jesus on the cross ask d mother 2 be the mother of all(Apostles?

I assume you made a mistake here. Else, this is an illustration of how the Word is twisted to back up your tradition!
Consider:

John 19:26,27

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
There is nothing here to remotely suggest what you have posited!

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:

God bless you 4 dt wonderful question

My dear, people who died before the second coming of Christ are eagerly waiting for the white throne Judgement where they will be set free according St Paul.
They are kept in a resting place( catholic called it paradise , the song we sing at burial), they are the people who will rise first and those a-life will join them in the cloud when Christ will be descending from heaven to Judge the living and dead.

We are giving one law concerning prayer that is to pray to God in the name of Jesus, who died for us.
Remember it is God that answers prayer and He is the one who quickens who will stand in gap for you anything in need such that all glory belongs to Him. Even if you like invite all prophets and pastors for whatever you like.

When you start praying to Mary to intercede for you, you are doing it in the name of Our Lord Jesus which means deviation from Gods instruction.
If you say you are telling Mary to intercede for you, then how are you doing it?

By saying;

We fly to your patronage,
O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us always from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin.

Hail Mary....
Hail Holy Queen
Litany
Glory to Jesus , Honor to Mary, etc

I thought you would have said, Mary intercede for me and you continued your prayers they way you do with your loves ones.

Dear dont you think something is wrong somewhere?
God bless you!
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Scholar8200(m): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

You should be asking yourself that question. Why are you interceding to the intercessor for your loved ones when you pray for them? Why are you being a priest pleading with the high priest for them? Why are you acting as another advocate for them? Is it absurd or not?
Once again, we are referring to a Heavenly scenario not the earth! Read this:
Acts12:5
5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

They prayed unto the Father having gained access through the Lord Jesus

Ephesians 2: 15
Ephesians 2:18
for through him (Jesus Christ) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

I asked that if you can pray for your loved ones, why can't Jesus' mother pray for her loved ones.

You couldn't answer.
Again, we are referring to an Heavenly setting! What? Is this how you pray to people on earth to pray for you:

O holy Mother of God;
(Interestingly this is not even an intercession but a supplication!!!.)

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:
Why do you pay attention and love to your mother instead of God who gave her to you?

You reason God as if He is a man.
Even Christ told us if we 'pay attention' to our parents more than God we are not fit to follow Him.
Love God will all your heart, with all your mind and love your neighbor the way you love yourself which includes your mother.

Love is not segregated, love is love whether to your parents or not, that happens only when your obedience is complete otherwise you continue to search scripture to support human Ideas that theologian brought into the church in other to shift our attention from God to man.

Thanks
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:

because Jesus said to do so Matthew 7:11
7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

They did not call on Mary! By the way, apart from that scene which does not even portray what you wish it did, how many people sought to see Jesus because they needed a miracle etc and had to enlist Mary's attention? Read this and discern what it reveals:
Mark 3:31-35
31 There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him.
32 And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee.
33 And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

I assume you made a mistake here. Else, this is an illustration of how the Word is twisted to back up your tradition!
Consider:

John 19:26,27

26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son!
27 Then saith he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.
There is nothing here to remotely suggest what you have posited!

Tank u so much broda for responding, am api especially people who want 2 learn.
The story of abraham nd d rich man( heaven nd hell)
Remember also dt Jesus gave the John 2 Mary as mother and son, are u telling me that John dn't hv a physical mother? Jesus knowing fully well dt John needs mary 2 encourage him nd play a part in his life if John was 2 succeed. That is 2 say all individual Jesus is giving Mary 2 all as DIA mother so she can play same role she played 4 him
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:
5 Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.

for through him (Jesus Christ) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Again, we are referring to an Heavenly setting! What? Is this how you pray to people on earth to pray for you:

O holy Mother of God;

1. You said there is only one intercessor. Why are you interceding to the intercessor for your loved ones?

2. You still can't tell me why you can pray for your loved ones and Jesus' mother, Mary, can't.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
luckyCO:

Even Christ told us if we 'pay attention' to our parents more than God we are not fit to follow Him.
Love God will all your heart, with all your mind and love your neighbor the way you love yourself which includes your mother.

Love is not segregated, love is love whether to your parents or not, that happens only when your obedience is complete otherwise you continue to search scripture to support human Ideas that theologian brought into the church in other to shift our attention from God to man.

Thanks

Bros y do u pray 2ru ur G.O, " d God dt worketh wit my G.O"
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2015
luckyCO:

Thanks

I don't see the sense in all you wrote up here.

You asked why we pay much attention to Jesus' mother instead of God...

I asked why you pay much attention to your mother instead of God?

4 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:

O holy Mother of God;

If you justify the word which you have prayed in the supplication you discover that it is only meant for God.
And that is why everybody in the church knows much about Mary and almost know nothing about Christ since many testimonies has been from doing so which I also have testified/benefited from because I was deep in the dogma and doctrines.

But God does not approve His principles or Laws mostly with Miracles but to draw your attention to know that God exist somewhere who is doing that and you need to know Him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Scholar8200(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

1. You said there is only one intercessor. Why are you interceding to the intercessor for your loved ones?
I did not say so, the Bible does. Yes Jesus is the Intercessor in Heaven! (The focus of this thread is those who intercede to Mary [not on earth] who is not once mentioned as the intercessor in Heaven!) Or is she on earth now? I've never heard any one praying to Jesus to pray for them; they pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus!
We ask the Father through Jesus and In His Name! So,we intercede before the Father having gained access to His Presence through Jesus and In His Name. We Ask the Father(not Jesus). Jesus Himself spoke about we asking the Father In His Name!!!

2. You still can't tell me why you can pray for your loved ones and Jesus' mother, Mary, can't.
The scenario of the thread is intercession in Heaven, before the Throne of God. Let me ask, if you pray for your loved one, who do you pray to?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 2:20pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:

Bros y do u pray 2ru ur G.O, " d God dt worketh wit my G.O"

No sir
Am Catholic : The union of all faithfuls under one head. Pope or Christ?
Surprisingly Christ!
So am Catholic, the Union of all faithfuls under Christ.
I dont pray through any G.O, I pray in the Name of Jesus who died for me. God give each Living Saint Anointing to profit without,some can heal,some has faith etc such that body will be strong until we come to the full maturity and stature of Christ.
They are the people who can make heaven.

My dear arguing like this will rube off your love/joy in Christ making you think that anyone is insulting you or your dogma. I was in your shoes, I defended myself with all the argument people have used in this forum even more until I was quickened what salvation is then I know what real love is. You can't have it complete dear.
Thanks
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

I don't see the sense in all you wrote up here.

I asked why you pay much attention to your mother instead of God?

You may rephrase your question incase I dont understand you.

Anyone whose obedience is complete pays attention they way Christ pays attention to things when it has to do with humans beings.
God gave you to your parents to take care you till you are matured enough to reason same to Joseph and Mary.
The same way your parent nurtured was the same Joseph and Mary nurtured Him till age of maturity for His ministry to start.

We are told in the bible that when we get to heaven, no male or female, father or mother all will be like angels.
If by this do you mean I should love my parents more than yours, that is what Christ teaches?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Scholar8200(m): 2:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:

Tank u so much broda for responding, am api especially people who want 2 learn.
The story of abraham nd d rich man( heaven nd hell)
The events occurred after they were dead. Else why did lazarus not pray to Father Abraham to help beg God change his condition on earth?

Remember also dt Jesus gave the John 2 Mary as mother and son, are u telling me that John dn't hv a physical mother?
Being a widow, Mary losing her first son needed a helper and that was what Jesus provided for her through John.

Jesus knowing fully well dt John needs mary 2[b] encourage him[/b] nd play a part in his life if John was 2 succeed. That is 2 say all individual Jesus is giving Mary 2 all as DIA mother so she can play same role she played 4 him

This is erroneous!!! Jesus sent the Holy Spirit (Comforter) to do the highlighted! Play which role So is John at any time described as all individuals?
Apart from Acts 1 were Mary is seen joining others to tarry for the Holy Spirit's baptism, why the deafening silence about her in the Epistles?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Jusmudi(m): 3:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:
The events occurred after they were dead. Else why did lazarus not pray to Father Abraham to help beg God change his condition on earth?

Being a widow, Mary losing her first son needed a helper and that was what Jesus provided for her through John.

This is erroneous!!! Jesus sent the Holy Spirit (Comforter) to do the highlighted! Play which role So is John at any time described as all individuals?
Apart from Acts 1 were Mary is seen joining others to tarry for the Holy Spirit's baptism, why the deafening silence about her in the Epistles?
Jesus christ who is equal 2 God hv d holy spirit in him, yet d mother played a role 4 him
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
luckyCO:

You may rephrase your question incase I dont understand you.

Anyone whose obedience is complete pays attention they way Christ pays attention to things when it has to do with humans beings.
God gave you to your parents to take care you till you are matured enough to reason same to Joseph and Mary.
The same way your parent nurtured was the same Joseph and Mary nurtured Him till age of maturity for His ministry to start.

We are told in the bible that when we get to heaven, no male or female, father or mother all will be like angels.
If by this do you mean I should love my parents more than yours, that is what Christ teaches?

I asked why do you pay much attention to your mother instead of God?

If you cannot understand such a simple question, how can you understand the Bible?

4 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Scholar8200(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:

Jesus christ who is equal 2 God hv d holy spirit in him, yet d mother played a role 4 him
What role? Specify.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 5:02pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:
I did not say so, the Bible does. Yes Jesus is the Intercessor in Heaven! (The focus of this thread is those who intercede to Mary [not on earth] who is not once mentioned as the intercessor in Heaven!) Or is she on earth now? I've never heard any one praying to Jesus to pray for them; they pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus!
We ask the Father through Jesus and In His Name! So,we intercede before the Father having gained access to His Presence through Jesus and In His Name. We Ask the Father(not Jesus). Jesus Himself spoke about we asking the Father In His Name!!!

The focus is on intercession of Mary.

You still haven't shown me where the Bible said since Jesus is our advocate with the Father, then no one in heaven can pray to him or the Father, only people on earth can. Which verse says so?
Scholar8200:

The scenario of the thread is intercession in Heaven, before the Throne of God. Let me ask, if you pray for your loved one, who do you pray to?

To my brother, or my priest, or to Mary and Saints, or to The Father and/or the Son and/or the Holy Spirit.

The Catholic Church is one big family that death cannot divide.

The scenario is not intercession in heaven, it is intercession of Mary.

And you still can't give me a reason why your filthy self can pray for your loved ones but Jesus' mother cannot pray for her loved ones.
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by Scholar8200(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

The focus is on intercession of Mary.
NO! This is the topic: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary.

You still haven't shown me where the Bible said since Jesus is our advocate with the Father, then no one in heaven can pray to him or the Father, only people on earth can. Which verse says so?
Alright show me where people on earth are enjoined to recognise other intercessors in Heaven other than Christ! Afterall, I have pointed out Who is the Intercessor. Now you prove your position with two references too. What? Not even did Joshua beseech Moses to intercede on his behalf! What then?!

To my brother, or my priest, or to Mary and Saints, or to The Father and/or the Son and/or the Holy Spirit.

The Catholic Church is one big family that death cannot divide.

The scenario is not intercession in heaven, it is intercession of Mary.
So where is Mary now?

And you still can't give me a reason why your filthy self can pray for your loved ones but Jesus' mother cannot pray for her loved ones.

Who are her 'loved ones'? substantiate your answer with at least three passages from the NT. (Bible talks of Abraham being the father of those that believe and I can substantiate that with the same no from the NT, yet neither Christ nor the disciples at any time made supplication to him!)

The command/promise to ask, seek and knock is for those on earth not in Heaven. And the passage quoted above tells us Who is the Advocate/Mediator/Intercessor in Heaven. Only One Person could say this:

John 14:16
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever

Your logic further suggests that they still hold Bible study in Heaven!
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 8:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:
NO! This is the topic: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary.

Brother, there's no difference between the two. When Catholics pray through Mary, we're asking her intercession.

The fact that you want to oppose anything I say should not drive you to saying nonsense.
Scholar8200:

Alright show me where people on earth are enjoined to recognise other intercessors in Heaven other than Christ! Afterall, I have pointed out Who is the Intercessor. Now you prove your position with two references too. What? Not even did Joshua beseech Moses to intercede on his behalf! What then?!

You completely ignored this:

Scholar8200:

So where is Mary now?

Heaven.

Scholar8200:

Who are her 'loved ones'? substantiate your answer with at least three passages from the NT. (Bible talks of Abraham being the father of those that believe and I can substantiate that with the same no from the NT, yet neither Christ nor the disciples at any time made supplication to him!)

The command/promise to ask, seek and knock is for those on earth not in Heaven. And the passage quoted above tells us Who is the Advocate/Mediator/Intercessor in Heaven. Only One Person could say this:

John 14:16
16 And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby), that He may remain with you forever

Your logic further suggests that they still hold Bible study in Heaven!

And you still can't give me a reason why your filthy self can pray for your loved ones but Jesus' mother cannot pray for her loved ones (whoever they maybe)

Why is that impossible for you to answer?

3 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by osiano: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
What we do to Mary is honor which is due to her for the great role the Queen mother played in the salvation of man. Dear friends imagine a women that was born immaculate(I.e with out sexual intercourse just the way she gave birth to Her great son Jesus) according the story of ancient Hebrew the parents of Mary(Joachim and Ann) were working in the church but barren for so many years ,God send His angel (Gabriel) whom console the parents and told them that God has heard their prayers and gave them massage of God that he will give them a child,that Ann shall conceive a daughter,to whom we give name Mary. Together with this mandate of the most high many mysteries and sacraments pertaining to this massage were revealed to saint Gabriel. A women that was chosen among many virgins to give birth to the redeemer of the world who brought us GRACE that has made us to be free from the LAW. This women was the second Eve and Jesus the second Adam, the core mandate of God to man was first destroyed by a women(Eve) who took the forbidden fruit and later restored through a women(Mary). Eve came out from Adam and Jesus came out from Mary what a great mystery. We honor her the Queen mother
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by mustymatic(m): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:
Catholics do not pray "to" Mary as an equal to God. They pray "through" Mary as an intercessor who prays to God on behalf of mankind.
If Catholics were to pray to Mary, this would imply that they are worshipping her as a god. But Catholics do not perceive Mary as a god. (i) They honour the Blessed Virgin Mary. (ii) The view Mary as the holiest of all the Saints. (iii) The accept the fact that Mary is the most successful Saint at obtaining Divine favours through her intercession. the above mentioned belief is partially based on the fact that Jesus is the King of kings and Mary, as the mother of the King, is the "queen mother." Then, when studying Jewish history, it is discovered that the institution of the "queen mother" was established during the reign of King Solomon.
In the Old Testament, we learn of the favoured position of the queen mother through the following words, "... then the king sat on his throne, and had a throne brought for the king's mother, and she sat on his right. Then she said, 'I have one small request to make of you, do not refuse me.' And the king said to her, 'Make your request, my mother, for I will not refuse you.'" [1 Kgs. 2:19-20]
Following the reign of King Solomon, many of the kings kept this practice. The mother of the king, through who the king received his throne, was trusted as a confident and advisor. So important was the function of the queen mothers in the days of the Old Testament that their names were listed in the succession records of the kings of Judah. [See 1 Kgs 14:21, 15:13; 2 Kgs. 12:1, 14:2, 15:2, etc...]
Similar to the intercession of the Queen Mother, when a child desires a favour and cannot obtain it from his/her parents, frequently the child will make the request to the grandparent to intercede on his/her behalf, therefore obtaining the favour that was being sought. This does not mean that the child is seeking the parental favour from the grandparent. Rather, the child is seeking the intercession of the grandparents before the parents.
Furthermore, Catholics do not differentiate between the living (in this world) and the dead (those who departed) members of the Body of Christ (the fullness of the Church.) The fullness of the mystical Body of Christ is found in the union of all the saints, past and present, here below and those above in Heaven.
In view of the aforementioned, it cannot be denied that those who were called to Heaven, including Mary, are still alive in spirit in the Kingdom of God that coexists with our world. As some non-Catholics pray through their deceased parents, grandparents or other biological relatives, asking these beloved departed persons to intercede before God on their behalf, Catholics pray through Mary to Jesus, taking advantage of her blessed position as the Mother of God.
This Catholic action affirms the prophetic and Divinely inspired passage that is found in the Holy Bible where it states, "Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed." [Lk. 1:47] All generations could not call Mary blessed if she was not actively involved in the progressive Divine Plan that continues to develop before our eyes.
Indeed, all generations have called the Blessed Virgin Mary blessed, including this one, because she has never stopped interceding on behalf of the world, her intercession obtaining endless miraculous cures and other favours. The role of Mary in the area of obtaining physical miraculous cures is well known and documented in Lourdes, France, this being only one of the many holy places where the grace of God has been manifested through the Virgin Mary at apparition sites.
Rev;5:8(the prayer of the saints)
Rev 8:3-4(the prayer of Angels)
Matt18:10(Angels praying for little children )
Even at the wedding feast of cana
I Bliv some catholics in the houz can help me with some point. Tanks
But why are Christians girls not dressing like Mary? all covered up, only Muslim girls there is somtin wrong here, even thou these pics were supposedly drawn by christians ...and Jesus too
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by mustymatic(m): 10:41pm On Jul 07, 2015
Jusmudi:
Catholics do not pray "to" Mary as an equal to God. They pray "through" Mary as an intercessor who prays to God on behalf of mankind.
If Catholics were to pray to Mary, this would imply that they are worshipping her as a god. But Catholics do not perceive Mary as a god. (i) They honour the Blessed Virgin Mary. (ii) The view Mary as the holiest of all the Saints. (iii) The accept the fact that Mary is the most successful Saint at obtaining Divine favours through her intercession. the above mentioned belief is partially based on the fact that Jesus is the King of kings and Mary, as the mother of the King, is the "queen mother." Then, when studying Jewish history, it is discovered that the institution of the "queen mother" was established during the reign of King Solomon.
In the Old Testament, we learn of the favoured position of the queen mother through the following words, "... then the king sat on his throne, and had a throne brought for the king's mother, and she sat on his right. Then she said, 'I have one small request to make of you, do not refuse me.' And the king said to her, 'Make your request, my mother, for I will not refuse you.'" [1 Kgs. 2:19-20]
Following the reign of King Solomon, many of the kings kept this practice. The mother of the king, through who the king received his throne, was trusted as a confident and advisor. So important was the function of the queen mothers in the days of the Old Testament that their names were listed in the succession records of the kings of Judah. [See 1 Kgs 14:21, 15:13; 2 Kgs. 12:1, 14:2, 15:2, etc...]
Similar to the intercession of the Queen Mother, when a child desires a favour and cannot obtain it from his/her parents, frequently the child will make the request to the grandparent to intercede on his/her behalf, therefore obtaining the favour that was being sought. This does not mean that the child is seeking the parental favour from the grandparent. Rather, the child is seeking the intercession of the grandparents before the parents.
Furthermore, Catholics do not differentiate between the living (in this world) and the dead (those who departed) members of the Body of Christ (the fullness of the Church.) The fullness of the mystical Body of Christ is found in the union of all the saints, past and present, here below and those above in Heaven.
In view of the aforementioned, it cannot be denied that those who were called to Heaven, including Mary, are still alive in spirit in the Kingdom of God that coexists with our world. As some non-Catholics pray through their deceased parents, grandparents or other biological relatives, asking these beloved departed persons to intercede before God on their behalf, Catholics pray through Mary to Jesus, taking advantage of her blessed position as the Mother of God.
This Catholic action affirms the prophetic and Divinely inspired passage that is found in the Holy Bible where it states, "Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed." [Lk. 1:47] All generations could not call Mary blessed if she was not actively involved in the progressive Divine Plan that continues to develop before our eyes.
Indeed, all generations have called the Blessed Virgin Mary blessed, including this one, because she has never stopped interceding on behalf of the world, her intercession obtaining endless miraculous cures and other favours. The role of Mary in the area of obtaining physical miraculous cures is well known and documented in Lourdes, France, this being only one of the many holy places where the grace of God has been manifested through the Virgin Mary at apparition sites.
Rev;5:8(the prayer of the saints)
Rev 8:3-4(the prayer of Angels)
Matt18:10(Angels praying for little children )
Even at the wedding feast of cana
I Bliv some catholics in the houz can help me with some point. Tanks
But why are Christians girls not dressing like Mary? all covered up, only Muslim girls there is somtin wrong here, even thou these pics were supposedly drawn by christians ...and Jesus too, does this mean Muslims are the real followers of Jesus
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 11:06pm On Jul 07, 2015
italo:

I asked why do you pay much attention to your mother instead of God?
If you cannot understand such a simple question, how can you understand the Bible?

You compare and reason God just like men. Mary,Paul,Peter,John etc none of their glory is revealed until the end if time according Bible and so to us all who live by Gods Word.

For now what we give so much consideration is to God's Word not who give birth to Christ according to Jesus in gospel.

You respond like this because you don't know that satan is looking for an little opportunity so created to use someone,doctrine or institution to shift attention from God to man. That he does in every church he enters, check around you will see what am saying.

We use to say Glory be to Jesus Forever, now it is Glory be Jesus Honor to Mary. We shouted but our voice is small, now it is Glory be Jesus, Honor to Mary And Joseph. Soon it will be ... Honor to Mary, Joseph and Pope...since your Leaders who promotes such dogma have neither received Holy Ghost nor know who He is.

Do not be confused when you pray through Mary and God answers. You may also ask why other religion who are not Christians God also answer them but His perfect will is what He has instructed us through His Word not ideas of men. It is not about how He answered your prayers but what His Word is saying.

My dear let error not wait for you at 50% of your Christian Journey that is what I spotted through God's revelation and I praise God.
Thanks
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Scholar8200:
O holy Mother of God;
Phil 4:6 tells us "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God"

Instead of you to give supplication to God we see it giving to Mary. Satan is making a great move to finally shift attention from God to man.
May the Lord bless you.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 5:19am On Jul 08, 2015
luckyCO:

You compare and reason God just like men. Mary,Paul,Peter,John etc none of their glory is revealed until the end if time according Bible and so to us all who live by Gods Word.

For now what we give so much consideration is to God's Word not who give birth to Christ according to Jesus in gospel.

You respond like this because you don't know that satan is looking for an little opportunity so created to use someone,doctrine or institution to shift attention from God to man. That he does in every church he enters, check around you will see what am saying.

We use to say Glory be to Jesus Forever, now it is Glory be Jesus Honor to Mary. We shouted but our voice is small, now it is Glory be Jesus, Honor to Mary And Joseph. Soon it will be ... Honor to Mary, Joseph and Pope...since your Leaders who promotes such dogma have neither received Holy Ghost nor know who He is.

Do not be confused when you pray through Mary and God answers. You may also ask why other religion who are not Christians God also answer them but His perfect will is what He has instructed us through His Word not ideas of men. It is not about how He answered your prayers but what His Word is saying.

My dear let error not wait for you at 50% of your Christian Journey that is what I spotted through God's revelation and I praise God.
Thanks

Still can't answer the simple question.

why do you pay much attention to your mother instead of God?
Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by italo: 5:23am On Jul 08, 2015
luckyCO:

Phil 4:6 tells us "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God"

Instead of you to give supplication to God we see it giving to Mary. Satan is making a great move to finally shift attention from God to man.
May the Lord bless you.
Thanks

Those people that went to meet Peter, that took the apostles' handkerchief for healing, that brought their sick so that Peter's shadow can heal them...were they shifting attention from God?

You give supplication to your pastor. "Pastor pray for me" "pastor help me"

Satan is shifting your attention from God?

Your problem is a deficiency in reasoning. You should humble yourself and learn from those who think better than you and the Church which was given authority to teach you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 11:08am On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

Those people that went to meet Peter, that took the apostles' handkerchief for healing, that brought their sick so that Peter's shadow can heal them...were they shifting attention from God?

You give supplication to your pastor. "Pastor pray for me" "pastor help me"

Satan is shifting your attention from God?

Your problem is a deficiency in reasoning. You should humble yourself and learn from those who think better than you and the Church which was given authority to teach you.

Yes you can shift your attention from God to your pastor, priest, Pope if God encountered you through them if you dont know the Word.
When Cornelius wanted to worship Peter, he quickly reacted that he is just a man like.
God want us see Himself in action by giving our parents,pastors,priest etc grace to take care of us such we will know how much God loves us by what we see around such that nobody will doubt that God exist. Rom 1:1-end.

In gentile dispensation, God is not dealing with us as group of people such as catholic, anglican, methodist, pentecostal etc because there is no such thing in heaven, He deals with us individually and that is how your salvation will come.

You know when anti-Christ will come if it is possible he will deceive the very elect. You dont know they are in every church that is why you need to live your life in the Word. We build our in Apostles and Prophet and Christ the chief Cornerstone.
We all know when all these prayers to Mary entered catholic they were not there before. In 'Vatican 0 (Apostolic time)' it was not there. It came in Vatican 1 became evident in Vatican 2 and finally the whole attention will be shifted from God to man in supposed Vatican 3.

I believed same doctrine with you until God quickened my spirit to the meaning of salvation and I throw them away and begin to look on to Christ.
Do I tell people to pray for me yes I do, if God quickens to me that He has given you (italo) grace to assist me solving my challenge I will involve you on the basis that it is God working in All. Because He gave some Apostles,Prophet,Pastor,teacher and evangelist to build up the body. You may abuse your grace by demanding excess respect which in turn give more attention to you more than God, that is where the problem is.

God is All in All through Christ.
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Catholics Pray Through Mary by luckyCO(m): 11:21am On Jul 08, 2015
italo:

Still can't answer the simple question.

why do you pay much attention to your mother instead of God?

Maybe you didn't read through my write-up.
No man I mean real man pays too much attention to his mother I mean none. You have things you are called to do.
But I don't know what you mean by paying too much attention.

There is attention due to your parents when you are with them and attention when you are not with them.

Do you mean giving them money,taking care of them is what you should have been doing to God instead whom you dont see?

But all these cannot answer question which we are talking about between Creator and created.

800Billion Mary cannot amount to a strand of God's hair.

800Billion of my mother cannot amount to a strand of God's hair, so why are we making so doctrine with the creature instead of the Creator.

God bless you dear.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / Apostle Suleman Gives His Church Member N500k & Brand New Nissan Jeep(pics) / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.