Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

What Will You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do? (1855 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2009
A Nigerian widower living in Kentucky is raising his 9 yr old daughter alone. This man is hairy and his daughter inherited the gene from him.  She hollers at her dad all the time to help her shave her pubic hairs because they are itching her. Knowing that kids develop early here in America, the man although embarrassed continued to do it because there was no relative in Louisville to help him out. He has been dating another Nigerian girl for about 2 years now and was afraid or ashamed to tell her his predicament because he fears she might think he is a pervert. He later opened up to the woman now they are planning to get married and she has offered to help him continue shaving her daughter.

Guys,
1. If you were this man, what would you have done knowing full well that acts like this may land you in jail?

2. Do you think kids born in Nigeria will be shameless at 8 or 9 to the point of asking their dad to shave their pubic hairs?

Ladies,
If you are dating such a man and he tells you this story, sincerely, will you not think he is a pervert?. If yes, what would have been an appropriate approach to help his daughter with the weekly shaving?
Re: What Will You Do? by DeReloaded: 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2009
Is the 9 year old retarded?
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2009
Some 9 yr olds cannot shave themselves. Were you able to shave yourself at 9?
Re: What Will You Do? by DeReloaded: 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
why would i be shaving at 9. who's going there?
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2009
Hairs that musc can be itchy to a 9 year old. If you have a hairy gene, you would've had pubic hairs by 9 but since you are still 'all bottle'   tongue till now, that suggests to me you have no hairy gene.
Re: What Will You Do? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2009
No no no no! Let it itch her well until another female can help her shave.
As soon as my daughters are 3 yrs old only their mother shld be allowed to touch them there.
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 8:44pm On Mar 05, 2009
No no no no! Let it itch her well until another female can help her shave.
As soon as my daughters are 3 yrs old only their mother shld be allowed to touch them there.

I guess so but the song will be different if the girl is always on your neck to help her do it. I suggest you try and teach her once how to do it safely without cutting herself.
Re: What Will You Do? by Outstrip(f): 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2009
That is a no no. He should never have started the shaving. There are other methods besides shaving to remove hair so that he does not have to be all up in his daughter's vagina. Haba. The shaving might even be making the itching worse because with shaving the hair does not grow out finer. The new woman should not shave it either. If she is itching uncontrollably she needs to be seeing a gyno. I don't care how hairy you are you cannot possibly itch that much that you have to start shaving your daughter's vagina. The woman being there is a plus but she too needs to be careful because this is simply abnormal to me.
Re: What Will You Do? by dae(f): 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2009
yuck, das nasty!! but, well --- the girl grew up knowing no mother! hmmmmm, this one is hard oh, but ewwwww, if i were him, i'd make female friends at work who can help him teach his daughter to do her thing!
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 9:41pm On Mar 05, 2009
yuck, das nasty!! but, well --- the girl grew up knowing no mother! hmmmmm, this one is hard oh, but ewwwww, if i were him, i'd make female friends at work who can help him teach his daughter to do her thing!
What if we flip the script to a widow stuck with an 8 yr old son with such needs, will you advise she look for male friends at work to help her do it?
Re: What Will You Do? by Outstrip(f): 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2009
St Funmi even to a boy it should be the same. The pubic hair means puberty and puberty means a lot of confusion about sex and feelings. That is the wrong time to be touching your child's privates.
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
St Funmi even to a boy it should be the same. The pubic hair means puberty and puberty means a lot of confusion about sex and feelings. That is the wrong time to be touching your child's privates.
Mothers do that in Nigeria all the time. Some of their 8 yr olds still run around the neighborhood naked. At least, Sauron did so till he was about 13.
Re: What Will You Do? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2009
Only Funmi cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
And Ibkaye with her Eskimo boyfriend. tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Will You Do? by dae(f): 10:12pm On Mar 05, 2009
St.Funmi:

What if we flip the script to a widow stuck with an 8 yr old son with such needs, will you advise she look for male friends at work to help her do it?

Women are more open to each other. I could ask a good friend who has a bf or husband to hang out with my 8yr old son every once in a while and they can "talk"--- why would i wanna stick my hand in the kids thing, thats just wrong --- sounds to me like u gonna do it, more grease to your elbow  undecided
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2009
Women are more open to each other. I could ask a good friend who has a bf or husband to hang out with my 8yr old son every once in a while and they can "talk"--- why would i wanna stick my hand in the kids thing, thats just wrong --- sounds to me like u gonna do it, more grease to your elbow

This man lives in Loiusville kentucky. Which friend?. Even if you find a female friend, they may not feel comfortable doing it for their own safety because all the girl needs to do is say it to her teacher and people will land in jail. His fiancee agreed to do it because they were becoming a household and she's a Nigerian woman. I bet you, no American woman will agree to that contract, marriage or no marriage.
Re: What Will You Do? by dae(f): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
St.Funmi:

This man lives in Loiusville kentucky. Which friend?. Even if you find a female friend, they may not feel comfortable doing it for their own safety because all the girl needs to do is say it to her teacher and people will land in jail. His fiancee agreed to do it because they were becoming a household and she's a Nigerian woman. I bet you, no American woman will agree to that contract, marriage or no marriage.

DUH!!!! (What if we FLIP the script to a widow stuck with an 8 yr old son with such needs, will you advise she look for male friends at work to help her do it) ---- as far as i understand, i thought u said you are "Flipping" the situation??!?!?!?

Note; Women are more open to each other. I could ask a GOOD FRIEND who has a bf or husband to hang out with my 8yr old son every once in a while and they can "talk"---

(I bet you, [b]NO American woman will agree to that contract, marriage or no marriage) /b ] REALLY?!?!?!
Re: What Will You Do? by prittigrrr(f): 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2009
I am an American woman dating a Nigerian man who is widowed with a young daughter. If he asked me to shave her, I would take time try to teach the child. However, I would advise him to NEVER do this again because it could lead too SO MUCH TROUBLE here in the US. I am a lawyer and sometimes work child abuse cases and most court officials would not look favorably on this shaving by the father or girlfriend for that matter. So, what to do? Advise the guy to take the child to a day spa or salon for a bikini wax or trim. It is expensive and may be costly but worth EVERY PENNY to avoid trouble with officials, This description sounded so much like my guy except for the city and the fact that my guy is not hairy. I feel for the guy. It is tough!, So there are some American ladies who would do this for a guy. I love my guy and would hate for him to go thru this alone.
Re: What Will You Do? by StFunmi(f): 12:01am On Mar 06, 2009
I am an American woman dating a Nigerian man who is widowed with a young daughter. If he asked me to shave her, I would take time try to teach the child. However, I would advise him to NEVER do this again because it could lead too SO MUCH TROUBLE here in the US. I am a lawyer and sometimes work child abuse cases and most court officials would not look favorably on this shaving by the father or girlfriend for that matter.
Exactly.

So, what to do? Advise the guy to take the child to a day spa or salon for a bikini wax or trim. It is expensive and may be costly but worth EVERY PENNY to avoid trouble with officials, This description sounded so much like my guy except for the city and the fact that my guy is not hairy. I feel for the guy. It is tough!, So there are some American ladies who would do this for a guy. I love my guy and would hate for him to go thru this alone.
Yea they will do it only if it involves taking her to a spa or something but they will not want to jeopardize their life by shaving another man's daughter because when the trouble starts, the law will rope them in too. it's not that the American women are not caring but it's more like they are more aware and conversant of the environment and what issues like this may lead to.
Re: What Will You Do? by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 06, 2009
Ehrrrrm ewww undecided undecided

Ebay needs to stop selling you these weird topics undecided
Re: What Will You Do? by biina: 1:02am On Mar 06, 2009
The problem is that there are so many perverted minds in developed countries.

Any parent in full grasp of his/her senses should not seek carnal knowledge of their offspring (male/female), but in this day and age, one often hear cases of fathers  sexually abusing their own son! shocked angry

For the widower, like others have said earlier, seek alternative solutions including medication that can reduce the itch or irritation. He is walking a dangerous path.
Re: What Will You Do? by prittigrrr(f): 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2009
The dad also needs to explain to the girl that she is becoming lady and that it is no longer proper for others to see or touch her private parts with the exception of doctors or the ladies at the salon that they may go to for trims. If not, the child sounds a bit trusting, and someone may prey on her innocence. Also, who does the child's hair? The stylist may be able to recommend a good salon for the trim or bikini wax.
Re: What Will You Do? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 07, 2009
culture clash!
Re: What Will You Do? by manmustwac(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2009
The man must be igbo
Re: What Will You Do? by tRoOE(f): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2009
I don't see nothing wrong with it,
kai see what abroad have turn our people into embarassed embarassed our ways of reasoning na real na wa
What is wrong with the father helping his daughter undecided
Re: What Will You Do? by AloyEmeka9: 10:37am On Mar 10, 2009

The dad also needs to explain to the girl that she is becoming lady and that it is no longer proper for others to see or touch her private parts with the exception of doctors or the ladies at the salon that they may go to for trims. If not, the child sounds a bit trusting, and someone may prey on her innocence. Also, who does the child's hair? The stylist may be able to recommend a good salon for the trim or bikini wax.
What if the girl informs her dad of it while she's getting ready for school?. Do you suggest he put her off and make her go to school with an itchy t joint?

What if the man has no money to pay for those waxes and stuff?
Re: What Will You Do? by AloyEmeka9: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2009
I don't see nothing wrong with it,
kai see what abroad have turn our people into our ways of reasoning na real na wa
What is wrong with the father helping his daughter

Will you do it on your 9 year old stepson?. what will you do if his pepee gets hard during the process? cheesy cheesy
Re: What Will You Do? by AloyEmeka9: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2009

The man must be igbo
Stupidity nurtured by tribalism should have it's limits.
Re: What Will You Do? by prittigrrr(f): 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2009
I only suggested salons, etc. becuz I know the danger the guy is in. Again, if this story was repeated @ school to the wrong teacher, he would DEFINITELY be investigated in my state and likely be charged. Suspicion of abuse MUST BE reported by ANY ADULT OR THAT ADULT CAN BE CHARGED WITH A CRIME. The guy can either pay $20-$35 for a wax or be charged as a sex offender, lose his job, and pay $200 per hour and up in legal fees to prove he is only an innocent father. A word, to the wise, is sufficient.
Re: What Will You Do? by AloyEmeka9: 5:58pm On Mar 10, 2009
I only suggested salons, etc. becuz I know the danger the guy is in. Again, if this story was repeated @ school to the wrong teacher, he would DEFINITELY be investigated in my state and likely be charged. Suspicion of abuse MUST BE reported by ANY ADULT OR THAT ADULT CAN BE CHARGED WITH A CRIME. The guy can either pay $20-$35 for a wax or be charged as a sex offender, lose his job, and pay $200 per hour and up in legal fees to prove he is only an innocent father. A word, to the wise, is sufficient.
You may be surprised at what recession can do. I read a story yesterday of a prisoner in America that snuck out of jail and was caught trying to sneak back in because there was no food and home for him on the outside. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I feel you though, it's better to pay $30 for waxing than jail.
Re: What Will You Do? by prittigrrr(f): 1:25am On Mar 11, 2009
Yes, $30 for a wax is better than jail, especially being jailed as a sex offender. Sex offenders often have to register and are listed as such for at least 10 years. No one will hire you and many will know your whereabouts and may protest your living near them. The guy could easily lose the child. He needs to exercise extreme caution.
Re: What Will You Do? by AloyEmeka9: 3:33am On Mar 11, 2009
Yes, $30 for a wax is better than jail, especially being jailed as a sex offender. Sex offenders often have to register and are listed as such for at least 10 years. No one will hire you and many will know your whereabouts and may protest your living near them. The guy could easily lose the child. He needs to exercise extreme caution.
You are right but do they wax pubic hairs?. Are you telling me that those women that go to wax shops strip themselves naked for the wax gynaecologists?. I may open a wax shop soon. wink wink wink

Extramarital Affairs,would you apologize to your extended family? / How Do I Unmask A Miscreant Who Wants To Break My Family By All Means / In Loving Memory Of A Good Father, Broadcaster & Friend – Yinka Craig