Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) (6835 Views)

Earth Is A Baby / Flash Fiction: The Invasion. / Invasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by rockhillz(m): 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
ride on boss
#Follow

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Apologies to my readers for the delay in updates. Opera mini could partly be blamed. On two occasions after typing and sending, I discover to my utter dismay that i have automatically been logged out and the entire work wiped out. It has not been funny!

However, I do hope to upload late this night.

Once again, pardon moi mes amis.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Kitme(f): 7:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
There's a cool story here, and thronekid couldn't mention me? I'm seriously calling my lawyer.
Now the deal, I love and admire stories like these. Don't keep me waiting jare.
More intellects!!!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Omotayelolu(f): 7:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Wow!! Dat was fantastic. Kip d update coming
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 7:58pm On Jul 14, 2015
Kitme:
There's a cool story here, and thronekid couldn't mention me? I'm seriously calling my lawyer.
Now the deal, I love and admire stories like these. Don't keep me waiting jare.
More intellects!!!

Kitme' s presence......... get her a bottle of Armani Castle cream .

I won't keep you waiting, ma'am.

For the record, am Ibo, saw you asking some dude about our delicacy. You may want to ask me your igbo- related questions.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 8:00pm On Jul 14, 2015
Omotayelolu:
Wow!! Dat was fantastic. Kip d update coming

Thanks Omo for stopping by. I appreciate you reading.

Will try not to delay with the updates.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Kitme(f): 8:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
emperorfidel:

Kitme' s presence......... get her a bottle of Armani Castle cream .

I won't keep you waiting, ma'am.

For the record, am Ibo, saw you asking some dude about our delicacy. You may want to ask me your igbo- related questions.
Thanks for the cream..Yummy!
Really? Okay, since the guy dey behave somehow,I will email you some things right away!
Thanks!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 10:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
emperorfidel:
Apologies to my readers for the delay in updates. Opera mini could partly be blamed. On two occasions after typing and sending, I discover to my utter dismay that i have automatically been logged out and the entire work wiped out. It has not been funny!

However, I do hope to upload late this night.

Once again, pardon moi mes amis.

Download 'Jotter Pad' , you can save your work there, then just copy & paste anytime you want to update.

Anticipating more! cool
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

Download 'Jotter Pad' , you can save your work there, then just copy & paste anytime you want to update.

Anticipating more! cool

Naijasingle, thanks for that suggestion. I will try it.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by ministerblessed: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2015
Thank u thronekid for d mention Emperorfidel dis is beautiful, still expecting more Oga Royver where r u.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 8:50am On Jul 15, 2015
ministerblessed:
Thank u thronekid for d mention Emperorfidel dis is beautiful, still expecting more Oga Royver where r u.
Bless you, for reading.
more to come.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 3:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Earth's Invasion (winners take earth)
Episode 3 : Tell Him !

Zainab lay on her big bed, rolling from side to side. She had made up her mind not to leave her room until the sun came up in the sky, there was no pressing duties for her today. Saturday was her free day, no rush for school, no rush for anything. She clutched a life-sized stuffed bear against her chest and stroked it with the other hand.

Her eyes lazied around, counting the number of squares on the ceiling. She lost count and started all over. After a while, she lost interest in the ceiling and looked somewhere else. Her eyes fell on the framed photograph of a woman hung on the adjacent wall.

The woman looked very beautiful, very much like her ; light skinned, small white eyes, pointed nose, thin pink lips, long curly hair, slim slender figure that fitted into a long flowing gown. Though it was just a picture, the beauty therein could be felt. The woman was Zainab's mother who had died at childbirth delivering her.

Zainab did not know her mother but she had heard many stories about her and her elite background. Her mother hailed from the migrant, ethnic population of the Fulanis in the northern part of the Niger. Her family was the wealthy and learned Lamido lineage, hence, she had been educated unlike many women of her tribe. Zainab's father had loved her mother so much and had named her Zainab an arabic name meaning "a father's precious jewel."Her dad always sang it to her that she was a paragon of her mother's beauty and will forever be dear to him.

She removed her eyes from the picture, the memories was not helping her, it was rather making her eyes heavy and cloudy. She made a furtile effort to think of something that could cheer her up, she couldn't. She tried to think of school and regretted doing so.

Strange things have been happening in school and nobody seemed to be remotely concerned. Since that total eclipse of four days ago, a lot has changed in school especially in the lives of her classmates. A quiet voice inside had been telling her that the strange happenings were somehow connected to the eclipse. She saw no sense in that and had brushed the thought away.

The last four days had been the most weird days of her life, a lot of unimaginable things had taken place. John' s case stood most worrying : his sudden burst of courage and knowledge, his ability to read minds- the dude had read her like an open book, those strange drawings of his, his shift in handedness. What was actually going on?

She rembered Aisha and had pity for her. Who could have believed that the Oscar-winning Parrot could go a day without voicing a word, that's the way the cookie crumbles. There was more to her dumbness, she could feel it in her bones, something dark was going on though she couldn't place it. An X had been marked over Aisha's lips in John's drawing and almost at the same time she had gone dumb. Was this another coincidence? No, it was too close to be coincidental!

Nobody knew about the X-portrait except her and of course the drawer. She had kept it to herself and the weight was almost suffocating her. She had the urge to confide in someone and at the same time protect John.

Her yesterday's visit to Aisha's house had been uneventful, or was it? The skinny Hausa girl had been trying to tell her something, she was almost sure of it now, it was evident in the way she kept gesticulating with those small dark fingers of hers. She had produced a pen and paper after her furtive attempt to read meaning in the dumb girl's sign.

The Parrot was not a good artist, she had made a rough drawing of a man with a bald square head and had written below Tell Him.

Now, this was the headache, tell what to who? If Aisha could write, why didnt she write the message and the name of the recipient? Why waste precious time and energy drawing a bald man when she could easily have written a name? Why was she concealing his identity? Moreover, there were just the three of them- herself, Aisha and the class prefect. She was lost in her own thought.

"My jewel" a soft baritone voice called her. It was her father.

"You scared me, dad! " She said, throwing a pillow a pillow at him.

Then, she saw it!

Her father's unbald sides were freshly shaved and the balding top was way too smooth and hairless. Suddenly, she understood who the message was for. The only bald man she and Aisha had in common was her bald-head father who was also thier school principal . At this moment, the message became clear to her ; Aisha's dream before she went dumb.

Gathering herself together, she said "Dad, I have something important to tell you! "

Ten minutes was enough luxury to tell her dad everything. Her dad had listened with keen attention, only his shaking hands betrayed his inward panic.

"I will check it out"was the brief reply he muttered before Zainab left for the bathroom.

As soon as Zainab had left, he dashed into his private room, looked the door, shut the windows and retrieved his mobile phone. He was breathless and his hands were unsteady as an aspen leaf. He dialled a number and clutched the phone against his ear, a polished voice at the other end of the line greeted.

" Sir, the prophesy of the lefts is true! " There was silence as the other voice said something.

"One of them is my student! " The conversation lasted two minutes and he hung up.

Two hours later, the national television channels came alive with breaking news : The President Declares John Elderson Wanted On Questions Of first Class Treason.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
skimpledawg, kingzpen, divepen1, thronekid, missuniverse, sofiamrozia, chyluv1000 , blessedminister, onemansqua, galaxdiva, naijasingleboy, ministerblessed, kitme, omotayelolu, rockhillz, osklaroz, dekunlelaja, teempakguy, wizard007. The show has just begun!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 6:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
Emperorfidel , I dey gbadun you jare! Please update, before someone dies of suspense.

*picks phone, hello onemansquad , better show here now now, cause smallp3nis dey wait for you *

How bluestarry, NaijaBoiy , lekinz and them boys? grin
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by naijaboiy: 6:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:
Emperorfidel , I dey gbadun you jare! Please update, before someone dies of suspense.

*picks phone, hello onemansquad , better show here now now, cause smallp3nis dey wait for you *

How bluestarry, Nai jaBoiy , lekinz and them boys? grin
I hear my name cheesy

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Slimzjoe(m): 6:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Which Kind Suspense be thiz Lah
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by NaijaSingleBoy(m): 6:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
naijaboiy:

I hear my name cheesy

How SmallPeni5 ? grin
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by lekinz(m): 7:32pm On Jul 15, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

Na who call my name for here grin grin
Grabs popcorn
Make I call the crew
StephenQueen, Orijin101, Kingtom, Jacksparrow0712 and the rest ...
E be like sey food dey here

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
shocked

This is great!
Keep going sir!
I'm following like a shadow!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 15, 2015
Hehehehe
lekinz:

Na who call my name for here grin grin
Grabs popcorn
Make I call the crew
StephenQueen, Orijin101, Kingtom, Jacksparrow0712 and the rest ...
E be like sey food dey here
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Knightstory(m): 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
Nice work, am waiting for your updates.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Onemansquad(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

How blues tarry, Na ijaBoiy , lekin z and them boys? grin
walks in with red eyes and dagger left hand,orijin in ma right hand
*walks to the front seat, sits and cross legs

1 Like

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Divepen1(m): 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
wow
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 5:35am On Jul 16, 2015
boss onemansquad and oga divepen1, I am honoured by ur presence . Thanks for breezing in and reading. I do hope you enjoyed the piece.

oneman my birthday don dey reach oo

Dive how is the exam going?
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 5:42am On Jul 16, 2015
knightstory, lekinz, jacksparrow0712.

My sincere appreciation to you honourable literati for stopping by to read this piece. I am glad you read, .... thank you

lekinz how go dey go?
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 5:47am On Jul 16, 2015
NaijaSingleBoy:

Naijasingle ... I hail you bro.

I am glad you are always here, will see to roll in more juicy updates faster.

Eshe!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 5:49am On Jul 16, 2015
Teempakguy:
shocked
This is great! Keep going sir! I'm following like a shadow!
Teempak, I am glad you enjoyed the piece,.... thanks for following.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by emperorfidel(m): 5:52am On Jul 16, 2015
naijaboiy and slimzjoe.
Thanks for stopping by to read this piece, I appreciate .
Slimzjoe, the suspense? you ain't see nothing yet!
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by dekunlelaja: 9:16am On Jul 16, 2015
this is a writer's arrest, just hoping for a shortened jail term my Lord.
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by rockhillz(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2015
gbagan.....I cari chair Sidon... ride on boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Skimpledawg(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
Am just seein dz....
Re: Earth's Invasion (winners take earth.) by Divepen1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
emperorfidel:
boss onemansquad and oga divepen1, I am honoured by ur presence . Thanks for breezing in and reading. I do hope you enjoyed the piece.

oneman my birthday don dey reach oo

Dive how is the exam going?
Let me watch for or birthday.
Exam is going well ooo
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Before Her Very Eyes / Sex Stories: Jide Part 3 / 8 Habits Of A Good Freelance Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.