Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? (6046 Views)

The Titanic Compared To Today's Cruise Ships.(pic) / Nigerian Men And Urinating Outside / Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
Camerounians, Ivoriens, Senegalese etc are taller, bigger and more masculine than Nigerian men who are not generally tall. Why?. It's only Hausas that tried a little bit to match these countries in height but not physique, others are generally short and round.

Is it our food or what else in our culture that is responsible for our small genes?. Can we reverse the small genes by intermarrying with these giant Africans?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by osisi2(f): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2009
Funmi and her man threads
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by jamace(m): 1:00am On Mar 06, 2009
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by biina: 1:08am On Mar 06, 2009
Diaries of a single woman
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 1:28am On Mar 06, 2009
Shut you two of ya  tongue tongue. Why are you Nigerian guys small everywhere compared to your fellow black men from Uganda, Senegal, Cameroun and Ivory Coast?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Nobody: 1:30am On Mar 06, 2009
biina:

Diaries of a single woman

Rotflmao.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:35am On Mar 06, 2009
More like diaries of a frustrated single black woman. tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 06, 2009
How would you know? shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 1:53am On Mar 06, 2009
More like diaries of a frustrated single black woman.

Does that change the question or the fact that Nigerian men are small compared to their counterparts in the west coast?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Sauron1: 1:56am On Mar 06, 2009
St.Funmi:

Camerounians, Ivoriens, Senegalese etc are taller, bigger and more masculine than Nigerian men who are not generally tall. Why?. It's only Hausas that tried a little bit to match these countries in height but not physique, others are generally short and round.

Is it our food or what else in our culture that is responsible for our small genes?. Can we reverse the small genes by intermarrying with these giant Africans?

Starchy foods!!!!

St. Funmi was fed with garri for most parts of her childhood. . . .
It's only natural for her stand below average height compared to other Africans.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 1:59am On Mar 06, 2009

Starchy foods!!!!

St. Funmi was fed with garri for most parts of her childhood. . . .
It's only natural for her stand below average height compared to other Africans.
Camerounians eat starchy foods too like plantain, cassava etc yet the grow taller and more masculine than Nigerian men. Why?

I was raised with veggies, beans,white meat, groundnuts and cupcakes and not you that eat apu three times daily.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Sauron1: 2:06am On Mar 06, 2009
St.Funmi:

Camerounians eat starchy foods too like plantain, cassava etc yet the grow taller and more masculine than Nigerian men. Why?

I was raised with veggies, beans,white meat, groundnuts and cupcakes and not you that eat apu three times daily.

U are comparing 180 million Nigerians to 18 million Camerounians.
Of course, by the law of average. . . .U will see more short Nigerian men than any African country.
The midgets in Oshodi alone will outnumber the whole people of Cameroun.

Raised with veggies, beans and cupcakes?? Liar!!!
U were busy munching Eba n Pap as a tot. It explains why you have the physique of a midget.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 2:15am On Mar 06, 2009

U are comparing 180 million Nigerians to 18 million Camerounians.
Of course, by the law of average. . . .U will see more short Nigerian men than any African country.
The midgets in Oshodi alone will outnumber the whole people of Cameroun.

Stop lumping them together abeg. That's crude statistics. Take an equal random sample from each group and compare their heights and physique, you'll understand that Nigerians and Ghananians to a large extent are considerably small compared to most Central Africans especially Cameroun.

Raised with veggies, beans and cupcakes?? Liar!!!
U were busy munching Eba n Pap as a tot. It explains why you have the physique of a midget.
Funmi is a perfect example of perfect figure. I ate balanced diet unlike you that used amala as dessert.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by davidif: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2009
when you said small, i thought you meant something else he he.

By the way, to answer your question, in Texas, we have this saying that in God we trust, others bring data. Which means that before you make an assertion, please back it up with numbers or hard data. Show me some data of height comparison of this countries you have spoken about, because all the ivoriens and camerounians you have seen are all big does not mean all of them are (geez, i don't need to be telling you this, you are an adult and should be smart enough not to be making this kinds of assertions). For example, one of my friends from honduras used to say that all nigerians are big simply because all the ones he met are big, i just used to chuckle to myself that if only he knew. My current roomate also has the same stereotype of africans simply because most black people he has seen are big, i had to set him straight. Your assertion could probably be true because most of the africans you see here are from aristocratic families and therefore are well fed so you are talking about the real cream of the crop.

In fact, i am going to stop arguing about this nonsense, just typing it makes me feel i am educating a toddler. Geez, i just can't believe that i just wasted 10 minutes of my life not only reading this thread, but responding to it, i just feel dumb.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by oziomatv(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2009
Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others?

If you claim that Nigerians are short and small that means I come from Senegal?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by DeReloaded: 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2009
Lmao Ive noticed that but Sengelese in general are quite tall. Even the women.

Egusi is the culprit for short rotund Nigerians with their bow-legs. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2009
Egusi is the culprit for short rotund Nigerians with their bow-legs.
Ouch. Don't they eat egusi in other African countries, just curious.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2009
when you said small, i thought you meant something else he he.

By the way, to answer your question, in Texas, we have this saying that in God we trust, others bring data. Which means that before you make an assertion, please back it up with numbers or hard data. Show me some data of height comparison of this countries you have spoken about, because all the ivoriens and camerounians you have seen are all big does not mean all of them are (geez, i don't need to be telling you this, you are an adult and should be smart enough not to be making this kinds of assertions). For example, one of my friends from honduras used to say that all nigerians are big simply because all the ones he met are big, i just used to chuckle to myself that if only he knew. My current roomate also has the same stereotype of africans simply because most black people he has seen are big, i had to set him straight. Your assertion could probably be true because most of the africans you see here are from aristocratic families and therefore are well fed so you are talking about the real cream of the crop.

In fact, i am going to stop arguing about this nonsense, just typing it makes me feel i am educating a toddler. Geez, i just can't believe that i just wasted 10 minutes of my life not only reading this thread, but responding to it, i just feel dumb.
Stop rigmaroling my friend. Check out their teams or make a visit to those places, you'll understand that average Camerounians look like Philistines compared to average Nigerians.Some say it's the plantain they eat, dereloaded blames egusi for Nigerians being small. I am not sure what is the cause but you guys are small compared to your central African brothers.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Sauron1: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2009
St.Funmi:

Stop lumping them together abeg. That's crude statistics. Take an equal random sample from each group and compare their heights and physique, you'll understand that Nigerians and Ghananians to a large extent are considerably small compared to most Central Africans especially Cameroun.
Funmi is a perfect example of perfect figure. I ate balanced diet unlike you that used amala as dessert.

U don't know whatchu talking about.

How can you compare a country of 180 million to 18 million??
Taking an equal random sample is folly if not moronic.
There are more than 30 million tall Naija men(which almost doubles the population of Cameroun).
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by StFunmi(f): 7:15pm On Mar 06, 2009

U don't know whatchu talking about.

How can you compare a country of 180 million to 18 million??
Taking an equal random sample is folly if not moronic.
There are more than 30 million tall Naija men(which almost doubles the population of Cameroun).
You surely lack the nitty gritty in statistics if that is how you do yours. Is that is the case, You can claim that Nigerians are richer than Belgians because you can get more dollar millionaires from Nigeria than the whole country of Belgium.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by ezeagu(m): 7:26pm On Mar 06, 2009
This post is dumb, sorry, lol. cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by money4cash(m): 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2009
you don't just write or make an assertion without a clear data. how many places have you visit in Nigeria, and tell me where d most shortest man in Africa come from. that you are looking for a giant and you have not yet found one because of your own height as well does not mean you should step on Nigeria men's toe.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Sauron1: 7:40pm On Mar 06, 2009
St.Funmi:

You surely lack the nitty gritty in statistics if that is how you do yours. Is that is the case, You can claim that Nigerians are richer than Belgians because you can get more dollar millionaires from Nigeria than the whole country of Belgium.

Of course. . . . . .Nigerians are richer than Belgians. . . .
What is open to debate is if their wealth can be accounted for.
Are u shitting me?? Have u been to cricklewood n hampstead areas in London??
Bleep Abuja n Banana Island. Come n see rich Nigerians who put any Belgian arms dealer into shame.
Don't even test it. . . . .Nigerians are rich.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2009
This not a cultural issue.

Go and study biology and maybe visit a psychologist. Your misandry is getting out of hand.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Generally Small Compared To Others? by Moyola(f): 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2009

(1) (Reply)

[HOT TWEAK] GLO 2016 Unlimited Free Browsing Cheat Codes Revealed / Real Life Fallen Angel Has Fallen From The Sky In London. Is This The End Of Th / What You Need To Know About Staphylococcus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.