Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa (45482 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Best University In Nigeria [see Top 100] / Oau : 10 Reasons Why Its Not The Best University / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities (2) (3) (4)

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by NairaIsaac(m): 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dollypiizu:
Wie is uniben plz?
27th in Africa with TIF of 32.96

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by Capableben(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
shachris02:
I rep FUTO. It's only FUTO and the rest, bae..... cool
so how can I switch to Futo, just concluded 100L.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ahamonyeka(m): 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2015
NairaIsaac:
University of Benin is ranked 6th in Nigeria and 27th in Africa with TIF of 32.96
okay,maybe I didn't go through the list very proper cos I was begining to how will my Uniben not be among them after coming out first in 3 consecutive time last 5years.

I suppose my eyes was deceiving me.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ahamonyeka(m): 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
NairaIsaac:
27th in Africa with TIF of 32.96
tuale.I rep the corrosive.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by niytej(m): 11:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
khassy:

I no believe this list
waiting for 4icu own sha tongue :I tongue

I already know u won't agree, and mind u, I don't quote a UNILORITE to argue with one

UI still ur baba anytime, anyday...deal with it tongue grin

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by khassy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 08, 2015
niytej:

I already know u won't agree, and mind u, I don't quote a UNILORITE to argue with one

UI still ur baba anytime, anyday...deal with it tongue grin

wait first make we see 4icu own
this site wey nobody sabi na im una d jubilate on top abi

continue
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ibadanfinest(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
It's a good thing UI is ranked among the top 10, It would have been better for us to be on the top 3 while the best would have been for us to conquer Africa academically by dominating the top 10.
Secondly, guys should grow up and stop talking shit like, there are only 2 universities, Unn and others or unilorin and others. That's too common, it's being said in every school.
Lastly, since the bulk of the total factor is based on research, then our schools should do more of it after all they are established for both teaching and research.
Congratulation once again to my alma mater but UI and other schools can do way better than this.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ibadanfinest(m): 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2015
khassy:

wait first make we see 4icu own
this site wey nobody sabi na im una d jubilate on top abi

continue
That's why we are not dominating the top 10 in Africa. How can u attached so much importance to rating that is entirely based on web popularity.
Its a good thing though as it enables our schools IT dept to put in their best but its not worth attaching so much importance.
4ICU rating isn't based
1 The quality of the lecturers
2 The quality of students
3 The quality of research done
4 The quality of Infrastructure
Let me just metchunu shut up for now

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by khassy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
ibadanfinest:

That's why we are not dominating the top 10 in Africa. How can u attached so much importance to rating that is entirely based on web popularity.
Its a good thing though as it enables our schools IT dept to put in their best but its not worth attaching so much importance.
4ICU rating isn't based
1 The quality of the lecturers
2 The quality of students
3 The quality of research done
4 The quality of Infrastructure
Let me just metchunu shut up for now
is this rating based on the aforementioned criteria
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ibadanfinest(m): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
mikeapollo:
Don't be deceived. To me, ''Visibility on the internet'' as a criterion for ranking schools casts some doubts on the credibility and integrity of the ranking.
What about the quality of teaching, facilities, students performance, teacher to student ratio, lecturers from foreign schools, number of lecturers on sabbatical, library facilities, studying and living conditions etc which are more important

The 'African Challenge'' competition organized by Zain a few years back is a clearer indication of the standards of education in Africa. Students from the best Nigerian universities e.g. UI, OAU etc were dusted and outclassed by students from very young universities from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania etc
You are such a saddist. Abeg who won the first edition where 9ja universities were included, UI of course. So I don't get ur argument. Its a challenge, u don't expect UI to win it all the time.
This ranking is based majorly on research carried from 2010-2015

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ibadanfinest(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
khassy:

is this rating based on the aforementioned criteria
This rating is highly influenced by research, which of course is one of the major reasons of establishing Universities not their presence on the web.
What kind of lecturers carry out research that place UI in the position it is, quality lecturers of course.
If the infrastructure are not reasonable, will they attract quality lecturers? you know the answers.
Lastly and be honest, what kind of students wish to study in UI. Definitely not someone like you who would chose web presence based ranking over research based ranking. Quality students of course, u have to think twice before u pick UI in jamb. Not just UI plus few other school.

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by khassy(m): 1:54am On Jul 10, 2015
ibadanfinest:

This rating is highly influenced by research, which of course is one of the major reasons of establishing Universities not their presence on the web.
What kind of lecturers carry out research that place UI in the position it is, quality lecturers of course.
If the infrastructure are not reasonable, will they attract quality lecturers? you know the answers.
Lastly and be honest, what kind of students wish to study in UI. Definitely not someone like you who would chose web presence based ranking over research based ranking. Quality students of course, u have to think twice before u pick UI in jamb. Not just UI plus few other school.

dafuq you meant by that anyways I have better tins to waste my time on instead of arguing with a delusional hediot who doesn't know the difference between seriousness and joke but is hell bent on his subliminal bigotry of his school being the best.... fvck of my mention douche -:\ -:\ -:\
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by khassy(m): 1:55am On Jul 10, 2015
ibadanfinest:

u listed four aforementioned criteria of which this ranking was based on only one ... dafuq is wrong with your myopic brain scumbag
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ibadanfinest(m): 5:07am On Jul 10, 2015
khassy:

u listed four aforementioned criteria of which this ranking was based on only one ... dafuq is wrong with your myopic brain scumbag
Won't reply ur insult cos I indirectly started it. But if from my point u still could not deduce that poor lecturer don't carry out quality research and schools with poor infrastructure don't attract quality lecturers and students, then u r not worth having an intellectual argument with.

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by khassy(m): 5:17am On Jul 10, 2015
ibadanfinest:

Won't reply ur insult cos I indirectly started it. But if from my point u still could not deduce that poor lecturer don't carry out quality research and schools with poor infrastructure don't attract quality lecturers and students, then u r not worth having an intellectual argument with.
and Unilorin doesn't have quality lecturers and quality infrastructure?

wasted my time with you... speak only of what you know... try to visit the school yourself before spewing trash

until then au revoir
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by ibadanfinest(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2015
khassy:

and Unilorin doesn't have quality lecturers and quality infrastructure?

wasted my time with you... speak only of what you know... try to visit the school yourself before spewing trash

until then au revoir
Oga why u dey insult itself nah, Do u have brain at all. The genesis of this argument isnt about Unilorin, in fact I didn't mention it. I am not even arguing which school is the best.
My submission was simply that it is insane to value ranking based on web prescence than ranking based on research. Why are u dragging unilorin into this. You are indeed not a good ambassador of the 'better by far' school
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by victorlexa(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
Most ppl would still make jest of private uni's,for covenant wch is jst less than 20yrs of age to be competing with schools established even before my father was born then what's d difference?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa by gcsllc: 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
All Nigerian Schools (Pry-Univ) have now been officially rated.
See how your current/former school ranks!

All Nigerian Schools (Nursery/Primary, Secondary, Universities) have now been rated, ranked and reviewed in Nigeria’s first national independent schools rating system. Check to see how your current or former school rates/ranks and don’t forget to leave your comments!

To view the rating of over 25,000 schools in Nigeria-
www.schoolcheck.com.ng

The official Top 100 Nigerian Secondary schools list –
http://www.schoolcheck.com.ng/secondary-schools-ranking/

The official Top 100 Nigerian Universities list –
http://www.schoolcheck.com.ng/universities-ranking/

The official Top 100 Nigerian Polytechnics list –
http://www.schoolcheck.com.ng/polytechnicsmonotechnics-ranking/

Meet Aarinola Olaiya Who Broke 28-Year-Old Record In Medicine In OAU / Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / Teacher Breaks A 4-Year-Old Boy's Teeth (Graphic Photos)