Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,503 members, 7,954,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

Soyinka And Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Biafra (5881 Views)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 2:11pm On Mar 10, 2009
Dede1:

Based on the free liberty of the contributors to the forum, there are Nigerians that could be simply classified as educated dolts who are unashamed of their ignorance and how they flaunt it.

I would like for DRANOEL and Knowall to make their ethnicity public so that benefit of doubt could be given them.

Until now, I did not know that Nigeria history is a piece of gold bar. How could someone who had been breastfed by his or her mother refer to the indigenes of Middle Belt region as brave? In 1962 up to 64, there was political riot in that particular area and the Premier of northern region was bent on the teaching the inhabitants of that section of jungle a serious political lesson. The Ahamdu Bello had his wishes on the steam roller but one young Major Chris Anauforo stood on his way.

The Sarduana of Sokoto had the 1st Brigade commander and zonal police commanders in his back pocket. NPC leaders had ordered the riot police to deal ruthlessly with the supporters of Tarka’s United Middle Belt Congress. The order was also relayed to commander of Race Squadron, Jos. Instead of arresting the Tarka’s United Middle Belt Congress supporters, Major Anuforo arrested the supporters of Nigerian Peoples Congress and ordered the release of UMBC supporters already in police net. This action infuriated the Premier who sought the transfer of the Major Anuforo out of Jos.

One wonders where the so-called brave Middle Belts soldiers were hiding when Bello was steam rolling their people. The civil war showed that cowards actually die many time before their death.

And for the idiotic Knowall, did you think the northern region would have been able to take eastern region in any warfare? Even with numerical superiority on the side of Nigeria, Biafra would have had her way with the jungle if not for massive support from Britain, USSR, Egypt, Cameroon, Chad, Niger and Arab league Nations.

Please Ndigbo as we remember the brevity showed by Soyinka, we must not forget one Lt. Col. Ayo Ariyo, a Sandhurst trained officer, the second in command to Col Adekunle in Calaber in 1967 who relinquished his commission into Nigerian army instead of fighting against the Biafrans.

to say you are ignorant is to say the least! we can go on and on but the thing is your post didnt say sh*t!

of the brave and cowards we can name lots and lots of mid-belt people and igbos on the brave side but i guess same can't be said about yorubas,we all know about those who run to far away countries claiming to be activist and we know those who have taken the gallows,we know those who after plotting coups took their faith as it came and we know those who shit in their pants,we know those who agreed to break away nigeria and went the whole 9 yards and those who b*cthed out.
go do a little more research then i can argue with you
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2009
I applaud NL who deem it fit at every point in time to refreshen us with
historical datas and basic fact as to events that took place in the 60's.

The British particularly laid a time bomb after independence through a
British borrowed parliamentry system of Government, which was designed
and tailored by the british authority to trigger off at least provocation.
The almagamation of the southern and northern Nigeria had brought two
inconsistent socio cultural groups to form an entity called Nigeria. These
incompatible groups had through their utterances and actions expressed
an unwillingness to be together. But the design of the erstwhile colonial
master was to sow a seed of discord in order to reap from the confusion that will ensue.
Therefore, the foisting of an entity called Nigeria on these incompatible groups was
for the purpose of economic and political interest of the British, which they intended to
benefit from the spill of blood.

It was to remove this unwelcomed threat that the British introduced the ''divide and rule''
system of governance for the country - the country was divided into three regions.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by AloyEmeka9: 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2009
Soyinka is the man. Agu na eche mba one of Yorubaland.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
Dranoel

The activitists often achieve more than the war-mongers and violent crusaders.

The definition of cowardice has changed greatly. A coward is one that refuses to dialogue and hides his fear behind violence.

If you are bold, bring your case to the table and lets discuss it like reasonable men. But when u go threatening me with guns and matchet, then u re a bloody coward.

In my own book, Soyinka, Ekueme, Fawehinmi are brave men. While the likes of Ojukwu, Gani (OPC) etc are bloody cowards.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2009
In my own book, Soyinka, Ekueme, Fawehinmi are brave men. While the likes of Ojukwu, Gani (OPC) etc are bloody cowards.

Ojukwu is definately a coward no offence to any Igbo person. Everybody knows that if you plan a coup, the ultimate penalty if u are caught is death by fire squad. The easier option is u declare a war, and when the table turns against you, u jump ship, meanwhile millions have sacrifice their lives why cant Ojukwu sacrifice his life like Hitller the only reason is because he is a bloody coward. Other cowards are Charles Taylor, Mugabe and that rebel guy in seirra leone using kids to fight his war meanwhile growing fat on blood diamond. True heroes are Dimka, Vatsa, Orka, Bisala, Kaduna Nzeogu they put their lives on the line.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by naijaking1: 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2009
KnowAll:

Ojukwu is definately a coward no offence to any Igbo person. Everybody knows that if you plan a coup, the ultimate penalty if u are caught is death by fire squad. The easier option is u declare a war, and when the table turns against you, u jump ship, meanwhile millions have sacrifice their lives why cant Ojukwu sacrifice his life like Hitller the only reason is because he is a bloody coward. Other cowards are Charles Taylor, Mugabe and that rebel guy in seirra leone using kids to fight his war meanwhile growing fat on blood diamond. True heroes are Dimka, Vatsa, Orka, Bisala, Kaduna Nzeogu they put their lives on the line.
I almost agreed with you 100%, but for calling Vatsa, and Bisala heros. These 2 were men of power who could have openly disagreed with the status quo, and possibly bring out greater change, they didn't, but rather went to plan a coup against the same government they represented as very high officials. For Vatsa and Bisala, the word TRAITOR sounds more appropriate than hero
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2009
KnowAll:

Living to fight another day is not cowardice to me. Why do you guys hate (or is it fear) Ojukwu so much?

You seem to believe that igbos look at Ojukwu as a leader but your are just wrong. It is your fear of the man and what he represented in the '60s that you people are afraid of.

Igbos dont have any leader, you should have known that by now.

Brace yourselves and stop being afraid of Ojukwu and his long beards, the man is in his Seventies for God's sake.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 3:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
I'm tired of talking about this all the time.
Gowon actually reneged on the Aburi conference deal. That actually caused the war.
I mean there was a delibetrate attempt at annihilating the Igbo race, they were all
swarming back to the east to avoid been killed in the other part of Nigeria.

I mean the decision to actually go to war was not a one man show thing, like you guys are insuniating.
The war was inevitable, then Gowon actually bumped a chance on peace at the Aburi conference.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2009
@meexteriox,

you think they dont know it?

they know it all. just that they are so afraid of that man and indeed the whole of igbo race.

They really were looking for an opportunity to clean up the igbo race and they almost got it.

Leave Ojukwu alone, that man is no igbo leader. And Im sure he doesnt even want to be.

In anambra where he comes from, he is not even a political force to reckon with not to talk of the whole igbo states.

You guys just dont understand but I dont blame you, its an igbo thing you wont understand. tongue
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by Dede1(m): 8:15pm On Mar 11, 2009
DRANOEL:

to say you are ignorant is to say the least! we can go on and on but the thing is your post didnt say sh*t!

of the brave and cowards we can name lots and lots of mid-belt people and igbos on the brave side but i guess same can't be said about yorubas,we all know about those who run to far away countries claiming to be activist and we know those who have taken the gallows,we know those who after plotting coups took their faith as it came and we know those who shit in their pants,we know those who agreed to break away nigeria and went the whole 9 yards and those who b*cthed out.
go do a little more research then i can argue with you

Having read your previous posts, there is no doubt that if you were given a decade length of option to literarily subscribe what constituted bravery you would still come up with a conjectural crap. 

If you think that plotting a coup and caught while on it is a mark of bravery, you are more idiotic than I thought.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by Dede1(m): 12:40am On Mar 12, 2009
KnowAll:

For the umpteenth time, Ojukwu did not declare war. Stupid Gowon and the imbecilic leadership of Nigeria declared war on Biafra claiming they did so to keep colonial contraption intact.

I doubt if you were well read. In fact, if you were educated enough, you would have self-instructed to decease from making utterances about Ojukwu not opting for coup instead of war. Look pal, there was no death penalty stipulated in Nigerian working paper for coup plotters until 1975 when Murtala Muhammed was killed. You can now understand that your blabbing is ridiculous.

It was the government under leadership of imbecilic Obasanjo that incorporated death penalty for coup plotters into Nigeria’s working papers. Ironically when the fool (Obasnajo) was implicated in a coup, he wept and called any leader that was willing to listen to him to plead on his behalf. I blamed Sani Abacha for having failed to finish up the idiot.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by bawomolo(m): 2:26am On Mar 12, 2009
it doesn't seem like Ojukwu lived to fight another day considering he contested for Presidency of the same country he was against. The word opportunist comes to mind
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 8:21am On Mar 12, 2009
bawomolo:

it doesn't seem like Ojukwu lived to fight another day considering he contested for Presidency of the same country he was against. The word opportunist comes to mind

Even with all the fact stated so far you are still bent on straying into the desert of ignorance.
You still can't grasp the simple fact that a race was been wiped out, and a Governor of the
then Eastern region was saddled with millions of this race trooping in daily to avoid total
annihiliation. He had no choice than to secede. The pressure came from all nooks and crannies
of the Eastern region, to declare secession.

After all, the war was declared no victor, no vanquish, therefore he reserve the right to contest
any election in the country.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 10:41am On Mar 12, 2009
"Stupid Gowon and the imbecilic leadership of Nigeria"

You dont have to use languages like that in trying to put your point across we are communicating in English here and not in igbo ,
Ojukwu had enough time not to go to war they had 2 meetings in Aburi he is a coward , u are free to beg to differ thats what blogs like this are for we are not meant to agree.

"Look pal, there was no death penalty stipulated in Nigerian working paper for coup plotters until 1975 when Murtala Muhammed was killed. You can now understand that your blabbing is ridiculous."

So because there is no death penalty stipiluted in Nigerian then, so are u saying u get a pat in the back for planning a coup, its real men that plan coups and if you look at my statement carefully I used the word "Everybody knows that if you plan a coup, the ultimate penalty" which means the maximum will be death and the minimum will be a lenghty jail term it is standard practice all over the world.

"It was the government under leadership of imbecilic Obasanjo that incorporated death penalty for coup plotters into Nigeria’s working papers"

Another distasteful language, u are not blogging with secondary kids here, I have chosen not to respond to rather childish people who cannot put their views across without resulting to personal abuse, I think I am too matured and civilised for that kind of language, I have had my fair share of these kind of thrash talk when I was teneeger more than 25 years ago.

The goverment of Obasanjo dont have to incorporate the death penalty to coup plotters, like I said earlier it is standard practice all over the world.

Ironically when the fool (Obasnajo) was implicated in a coup, he wept and called any leader that was willing to listen to him to plead on his behalf. I blamed Sani Abacha for having failed to finish up the idiot.

Where is your prove for the above statement
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 11:00am On Mar 12, 2009
"If you think that plotting a coup and caught while on it is a mark of bravery, you are more idiotic than I thought"

I will pretend I did not see the above comment, clearly it confirms what I said in my earlier post
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 11:37am On Mar 12, 2009
KnowAll:

Ojukwu had enough time not to go to war they had 2 meetings in Aburi he is a coward , u are free to beg to differ thats what blogs like this are for we are not meant to agree.

So you even know about aburi meetings. Maybe you can also tell us about the agreements reached on those meetings and tell us which part of it Ojukwu failed to keep to that made you and your people believe that he is the war monger and not Gowon and blood-lust hausa people he sorrounded himself with.

See, Ojukwu did not declare a war, your people did. So quit blaming him.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
Dede1:

Having read your previous posts, there is no doubt that if you were given a decade length of option to literarily subscribe what constituted bravery you would still come up with a conjectural crap.

If you think that plotting a coup and caught while on it is a mark of bravery, you are more idiotic than I thought.

bros you don,t have to blow plenty grammer bravery to you might mean soyinka,diya,gani,awolowo and co but to me it means orkar,ojukwu,dimka, and co.

i am also glad you think i am idiotic,me on the other hand i think you are suffering from idiocy and fatuity, a slowpoke whose history starts from his nose and ends with his mouth. you breed of cowards and back stabbing vultures
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by asha80(m): 12:41pm On Mar 12, 2009
@DRANOEL

Which part of the country do you think Dede1 is from?

bros you don,t have to blow plenty grammer bravery to you might mean soyinka,diya,gani,awolowo and co but to me it means orkar,ojukwu,dimka, and co.

i am also glad you think i am idiotic,me on the other hand i think you are suffering from idiocy and fatuity, a slowpoke whose history starts from his nose and ends with his mouth. you breed of[b] cowards[/b] and back stabbing vultures
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2009
Soyinka's overtures in the 1960's is not bravery but an academic exercise, I will not call it bravery.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2009
@asha80
quite frankly i don't give a Bleep where his from,a coward can also be from sparta
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by asha80(m): 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2009
@DRANOEL

My guy i asked that question because the characteristics you are refering 'his' people are not what his people are known for.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
@asha
tell me his people and i'll show you the coward in him
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by asha80(m): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
My guy from the comments i have been viewing in this thread you seem to assume that he comes from a particular part of this country.From his moniker here you should know what part of the country he is from.

i am also glad you think i am idiotic,me on the other hand i think you are suffering from idiocy and fatuity, a slowpoke whose history starts from his nose and ends with his mouth. you breed of cowards and back stabbing vultures

Note the bolded parts.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2009
whats your point?
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by asha80(m): 1:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
Do not assume things.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2009
@asha

fact is the guys online,he can claim anything and i can assume anything
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by asha80(m): 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
Ok.I just wanted you to know he is not yoruba because i have clashed and argued alongside him in various threads.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by Dede1(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Knowall

It will amount to an asinine by engaging you in an argument. Blogging requires exchange of knowledge between participants. So far, you have demonstrated that you neither have the grasp of chronological order of the events nor understand the meaning of words you wrote. There is nothing about minimum when the word ultimate is used. In some countries, coup plotters are held as saviors.   

The forces of Eastern Region of Nigeria or Biafra did not leave the confines of what constituted the boundaries of Biafra until the Nigerian troops attacked her at Gakem and landed troops in the coastal areas of Biafra. 

Maybe wicked souls such as you would have wanted Ojukwu and Biafrans to prostrate so that they could be slaughtered as in northern region of Nigeria and their wives and girls raped as the drunken soldiers of northern region of Nigeria did in Ibadan.

I had never and will never be a fan of Ojukwu for committing the worse military blunder in the annals of military history. Ojukwu’s refusal to allow the Nzegwu to command the rank and file of 5th Battalion, Kano in order to totally annihilate what was left on northern region of Nigeria reeks imbecilic. Appointing a Yoruba instead of Igbo or Ibibio to command the 101 division that was meant to sweep across Yoruba land is the height of military blunder. But by the same token, I will never fault Ojukwu for standing up for his people when the numerically superior regions decided to join forces and declare war on the eastern region of Nigeria.

As a Biafran, I am very proud of the efforts the then eastern region of Nigeria bearing in mind that no one single region of Nigeria then or now would want to trade arms with Biafra and survive to tell the tales.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 2:48pm On Mar 12, 2009
There is nothing about minimum when the word ultimate is used.

Ultimate means maximum, top, anything that has a maximum will surely have a minimum and anything that is the top punishment will have a bottom punishment.

In some countries, coup plotters are held as saviors.

If they suceed, if you dont u face the gallows, coup plotting is a gamble and it is for real men.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 4:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
wats ur point Mr. know-it-all
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 5:06pm On Mar 12, 2009
wats ur point Mr. know-it-all

My point is Ojukwu is coward period and I will say it so his face u might beg to differ, that is perfectly fine by me.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2009
I m quite sure you cant face that man.

Your people with guns are even afraid of the name alone let alone cowardly you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters / Why are Christians denied voters card in the north? / There Is Nothing Like Southern Unity. I Am Not In Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.