Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Soyinka And Biafra - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka And Biafra (5808 Views)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra / Soyinka And Tinubu Shun Oshiomhole's One-Man-One-Vote Rally In Benin City! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2009
I m quite sure you cant face that man.

Your people with guns are even afraid of the name alone let alone cowardly you.

I have no qualms if u choose to worship a coward like Ojukwu, its people like u that will itimidate brave people like us from calling him a coward.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 5:22pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ knownutinall
You go on with this your coward thing as if you just learnt the word.
All your jabberings about cowardice should be directed at your kith and kin.

Ojukwu might have his fault, but to taint him a coward is unforgivable.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
You go on with this your coward thing as if you just learnt the word.
All your jabberings about cowardice should be directed at your kith and kin.

Ojukwu might have his fault, but to taint him a coward is unforgivable.

Wetin concern me if in 2009 some people one follow ojukwu go inside im grave no be my wahala. In Yoruba land we have what they call "a ba oba ku", those that have been chosen to die with the king in your own case u can volunteer to die with your hero
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by Dede1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 12, 2009
If the Yoruba boys in military uniform have to scamper across Nigerian border into Dahomey at the sight of drunken soldier from northern region of Nigerian, I had consider Ojukwu a hero. At least, he stood his ground and faced the numerically superior Nigerian side in a fight.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Knownutinall
Now your glaring ignorance is going Olympic.
It is not a matter of dying with the king, rather, let the truth be told for the benefit of the unborn generation.
Our history cannot be swept under the carpet, because your likes has missed the bus to basic facts of history.

Out of pity for your ignoramus tendencies, let me avail you some books you should busy yourself reading
to take you out of the deep well of ignorance you have decided to bury yourself in.

1)Omotosho Kole - Just Before Dawn
2)Madiebo A. Alexander - The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War
3)Mainasara A.M - The Five Majors: Why we struck
4)Ojukwu Odumegwu Emeka - Because i am involved
5)Forsyth Frederick - The making of an African Legend; The Biafran Story
6)Muffet D.J.M - Let Truth Be Told: The coup d'Etat of 1966
7)Obasanjo Olusegun - Nzeogwu
coolOkwudibia Nnoli - Ethnic Politics in Nigeria
9)Ojukwu Odumegwu Emeka - Ahiara Declaration, Official Government Publication on Biafra Civil War
10)Achuzia J.O.G - Requiem Biafra

I could go on and on, there are so many documented books by active participants during the course of the war
and after the war.

God be thanked for books. They are the voices of the distant and the dead, and make us heirs of the spiritual
life of past ages, so my friend try and feed your empty soul with information via books and stop all this rants.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
KnowAll:

I have no qualms if u choose to worship a coward like Ojukwu, its people like u that will itimidate brave people like us from calling him a coward.

Your fear of ojukwu is becoming shameful, thats all i can say for now. Are all your people really like this?
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by DRANOEL(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2009
whether you guys argue till the end of time majority of nigerians know who the cowards are
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by onyengbu1(m): 9:12pm On Mar 12, 2009
majority of cowards come from the part of Nigeria where the sun sets. tongue grin
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2009
onye_ngbu:

majority of cowards come from the part of Nigeria where the sun sets. tongue grin

Exactly.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by Dede1(m): 3:34pm On Mar 13, 2009
@meexteriox

I think these are two separate books.

The Five Majors by Ben Gbulie

Why we struck by Ademoyega

Captain Gbulie and Major Ademoyega were involved with January 15, 1966 coup.

In fact, all the books you enumerated were good read.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 3:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
@ Dede1
My mistake, thanks for pointing it out.
I was in so much hurry to educate this ofe nmanu guy.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by samparian(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2009
Its Shamful that some Nigerians dont know Nigerian History or want to twist it on purpose.
Ojukwu and his likes as heros and will continue to be. These are men who have made untold sacrifices for their people. I've been oppotuned to meet Prof Soyinka once at the departure Hall of Murtala International airport in 2000. He was on his way to Uk while i was off to Hong Kong. He is a man i respect and admire.
Ojukwu, i met once in Nnewi, but wasnt opportuned to speak to him. I'm really proud of his actions and his sacrifices to Ndigbo. He's my HERO smiley
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by KnowAll(m): 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2009
@Knownutinall
Now your glaring ignorance is going Olympic.
It is not a matter of dying with the king, rather, let the truth be told for the benefit of the unborn generation.
Our history cannot be swept under the carpet, because your likes has missed the bus to basic facts of history.

Out of pity for your ignoramus tendencies, let me avail you some books you should busy yourself reading
to take you out of the deep well of ignorance you have decided to bury yourself in.

1)Omotosho Kole - Just Before Dawn
2)Madiebo A. Alexander - The Nigerian Revolution and the Biafran War
3)Mainasara A.M - The Five Majors: Why we struck
4)Ojukwu Odumegwu Emeka - Because i am involved
5)Forsyth Frederick - The making of an African Legend; The Biafran Story
6)Muffet D.J.M - Let Truth Be Told: The coup d'Etat of 1966
7)Obasanjo Olusegun - Nzeogwu
coolOkwudibia Nnoli - Ethnic Politics in Nigeria
9)Ojukwu Odumegwu Emeka - Ahiara Declaration, Official Government Publication on Biafra Civil War
10)Achuzia J.O.G - Requiem Biafra

I could go on and on, there are so many documented books by active participants during the course of the war
and after the war.

God be thanked for books. They are the voices of the distant and the dead, and make us heirs of the spiritual
life of past ages, so my friend try and feed your empty soul with information via books and stop all this rants.

I have read enough nusery rhymes in my time to now engross my precious time in what can be tantamount to 2nd hand information and to call them facts and knowledge beats my imagination. It shows your shallowness when it comes to put your point across. If you are in a law court not those naija courts, in a western nation bringing information from a third party and now peddling them as facts is nothing more than hear-say and cannot be admissble as a statement of fact.

This are statements of fact

1. Biafra lost the war

2. Ojukwu the Generallisimo of the Biafran army abandon his men when they needed him most ( Infact it is within the right of any rememnats of the Biafran or even the Nigerian Army( Since the Nigerian army absorbed the Biafran Army ) army to issue an abandonment warrant on him because what he did was contrary to the tenants of a proper military commander.

3. If he was not a coward then what is a coward ? , is the word coward the new hero and the word hero the new coward, I might need explanation here. undecided
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by meexteriox(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2009
From your statement above, i can now reasonably deduce your age and ability to comprehend, meaning i've been wasting my precious time with a toddler. Go on, read nursery ryhmes.
If you could open your mouth and say individuals like Omotosho Kole, Olusegun Obasanjo, Madiebo, Ojukwu, Frederick Forsyth, Achuzia J.O.G, Ademoyega Adewale and many more who actively participated or were alive to tell their story are considered hear-say, then you need to have your head examined, because an unexamined life is not worth living.
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by noiseless: 12:06am On Aug 05, 2011
@knowall. Yes! It's amazing that each time the topic is about our past and what a whole people of the eastern region went through,as the yakubu dan biri gongo and obasanjo da shege jagua, would rather love to see the victims of their atrocities to keep their mouth shut without even adressing what really hapened.Even as those acts that led to the biafrans into fighting for their lives are still ongoing one way or the other yet you ll see on here some people who ll rather turn the topic into a life time chance to voice out the pleasure they have in other peoples misery,and this type of comments that the majorities on here post in a hurry only to worsen the wound of what happened in those years make one wonder what on earth happened to the healing process or is this their version of healing process or is it just a sheer shameless show being proud and taking pleasure seeing the ibo man and all the other ethnic groups that fought for their lives during that war which was imposed on them?Yet this is a country where the same people ll be expecting a miracle for peace, when all they are good at are just making their so called country men to low,if you want peace or unity and progress, you must work for them cos it ll never come with these your ways of behaving or thinking towards those who witnessed their brothers,sisters,fathers,mothers and other relatives being murdered by nigerian govt.or its agents.And for those who are calling Odimegwu Ojukwu whatever they can think of I say this to you lots GO AND HANG YOURSELVS if because your so called heroes could see you being treated they way the easterners were treated in those years and turn a blind eye and yet you called the your heroes,please our Ikemba could not turn a blind eye and it doesnt matter what the out come is OJUKWU,EFIONG AND MANY LIKE THEM ARE OUR HEROES!cos they did what any selfless person should.SO U CAN GO HANG. BIG RESPECT TO WOLE SOYINKA BY THE WAY
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by EkoAtlantic: 11:54am On Jul 18, 2013
Same Soyinka is the one these ajokuta ma mumi omo ibos are vomiting trash on presently for standing against @ss licking of an illiterate first lady.
Smh...
Re: Soyinka And Biafra by EkoAtlantic: 12:03pm On Jul 18, 2013
FBS: do we have men like this in Nigeria and indeed the whole world?

It's the same man your kins are presently crying ocean on for being unbiased like he stood for biafra

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Have You Done For Nigeria Or Your Country In Your Entire Life? / Anambra Seek Oracle’s Help To End Kidnapping / Pipeline Explosion Ruin Farms In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.