Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) (61562 Views)

If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. / Do You Still Remember This Clipper? / Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Lanceslot(m): 12:11am On Jul 08, 2015
Chai! Man pikin don old oo.... There's this rolling chair barbers use to have back then.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by kenx1(m): 12:16am On Jul 08, 2015
Good old days
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by suwalee(f): 12:19am On Jul 08, 2015
Neva seen dis bfor looks like a nail cutter I can imagine d injury one wud get using dis clipper
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by sunmarouk(m): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2015
fF01:
u no sabi am?? na APPLE product!
lol, na really apple product
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 08, 2015
cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by DrTee1(m): 12:22am On Jul 08, 2015
You see, this thread brings back * ancient * memories.

The 'patting' after barbing, the water and soap mixture that was part of the barbing experience and the Oh my!; those blades!

That's exactly where I'm going to. If HIV were as rampant or prominent then as it is now, we would be probably be all endangered species now as it we would have been severely ravaged...

Funny enough, this equipment was still the primary barbing instrument in these climes more than a full decade after HIV was first discovered in America...

God, or the unseen Hand which controls the world - whichever you prefer - was certainly interested in the preservation of our country and our people.

The AIDS ravaged regions of Southern Africa come to my mind... We weren't holier.

Moral:

Let us do good. Let us serve the Creator in our everyday activities. Our lives are preserved for a purpose. Let's strive to make positive contributions daily. Let us see God in every face we behold. Let us keep a consciousness of the fact that someday - and soon too - we would have to give account of all that we did with the opportunity of life that HE gave us.

I just listened to NTA Network News saying that 600 souls have probably been lost to BOKO HARAM attacks in the last 39 days of the new administration alone. SIX HUNDRED HUMAN BEINGS!

One, two, ten, fifty, hundred, two hundred ... Six whooping hundred!

One of my latest clients was numb and morose in clinic on Monday. She hadn't eaten since the previous afternoon and her blood parameters were on the high side. On deeper clerking, it is revealed that her four goats didn't return home the previously day. They had probably been stolen and Mama, the near- septuagenarian goat-owner was grieving. Supper last night and breakfast that morning subsequently ignored!

How much more human lives, to God the owner of our souls? Our sins make him grieve. Our callousness, our insensitivity to other people around us, our greed, lies, adultery, binge eating and drunkenness, fornication and abortions are terrible ways of repaying God Almighty for His Faithfulness to us...

If you've been touched, although this is away from the subject matter, please kneel down and ask for forgiveness. Continue on to rededicate yourself to God and please stand by your decision.

P.S: A warm shout-out to @ Sirriddy. Thanks for being so kind and helpful when we eventually met physically last Friday. God bless you.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by trano(m): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2015
In igbo this is what I call AGUBA.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by pamcode(m): 12:25am On Jul 08, 2015
i still saw this in use near my secondary school 2yrs ago.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nature8(m): 12:28am On Jul 08, 2015
When the going was good, when there was nothing like boko haram and their killing.. Chai!
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by CodeineJunkiee(m): 12:57am On Jul 08, 2015
I wasn't born in that generation angry
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by deebrain(m): 1:04am On Jul 08, 2015
I remember the funny feeling it gave me when they used it at the back of my head.... Lol.

And the barbers dey always sweat.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by mikron(m): 1:34am On Jul 08, 2015
The hairstyle my dad used to barb me then was known as orokobay
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by old2boy(m): 1:35am On Jul 08, 2015
in those days, b4 HIV/AIDs. u go and pbum omi ( fetch water) for barber. and appear with shine shine forehead.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by dalyricist: 1:39am On Jul 08, 2015
sandrannna:

Commendable. Even airforce1 song no sweet reach ur own song. Keep it up. keep me updated when u release a new song.

That one song that will catapult u into fame, u will release it.

U better say a thunderous amen.

Amen
Thanks, sandrannna
I will definitely
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by daresimon(m): 1:54am On Jul 08, 2015
And God helps you should that thing jam your hair
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Ayodejioak(m): 2:06am On Jul 08, 2015
Bro how i no come sabi you. na d same marindoti barbing salon i dey barb dattym. for yemetu igosun, one upstairs like that. I dey waka come from inside UCH quarters, Chai, God bless that bro i don forget him name.
olawalepopoola:
My father used to take me to Marindoti barbing saloon in Total Garden, Ibadan @ age 5 to use this clipper. It sounds like "kekekeke"
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by seunny4lif(m): 2:08am On Jul 08, 2015
grin angry angry angry Nonsense clipper cos na world war 1 to barber my hair then....He be like magic the 1st time,I use electric clipper,all my hair jst disappear within some mins since then,na me dey cry say i wan barber my hair.....
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by pragmatistm(m): 2:19am On Jul 08, 2015
The good old days.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Kunzu(m): 2:24am On Jul 08, 2015
MosakuAW:

I remember this clipper very well.

Way back in the mid 80's when my father used to carry me and my younger ones inside his peoguote 504GL car to Baba Wasiu barbing saloon shop at Tabon tabon @Agege.

Whaoooo.
bros u don old oooo, pls where in tabon-tabon, is it barracks, or C&S cos my brothers family name is mosaku and dey stayed in dat area
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Ndipe(m): 2:39am On Jul 08, 2015
dont have fond memories of that clipper. It stung and quite humiliating when you would come home and your peers will taunt your korimapa hair.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 2:48am On Jul 08, 2015
Chai.. @ op u just made me laugh..i still remember when step momsy go pack us inside her 504 go that igbo man shop for inside market..the first time we went there everyone was kind of excited at the new hairstyles we would be having..forwhere "Mr wonderful" as we called him (cos that seemed to be d only English him sabi when him dey talk with step mom) only knew one hair cut..abolo,monlo,skin cut oh man u don see tears and weeping after the first experience which was also the last cos nobody gree go Mr wonderful place again after that day step mom no even fit bring up that topic cos na better waste of time..na our senior bros dem come dey carry us go their own barber's shop make we based on carl lewis & Bj haircut with blade comb & scissors grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by omoyankee3(m): 2:52am On Jul 08, 2015
I remember this clipper...it was was pure torture, especially if you had thick hair, or if the clipper is not sharp. My brother and I used to dread the visit to the barber.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Teekrayne(m): 3:10am On Jul 08, 2015
I was born with a silver spoon, so I can't remember it....... Though the spoon was later confiscated.......
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by 4oyrsExperience(m): 4:17am On Jul 08, 2015
MosakuAW:

I remember this clipper very well.

Way back in the mid 80's when my father used to carry me and my younger ones inside his peoguote 504GL car to Baba Wasiu barbing saloon shop at Tabon tabon @Agege.

Whaoooo.

Hmmmmmmn! Boda mi?
Greetings to anty peju
Is she still at brone?
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by sahm4u2nv(m): 4:25am On Jul 08, 2015
Oooops,
That clipper en....
Our barber den
Baba Buremo used2 tell me to 1st hep him to remov d white hairs on his head wt razor blade b4 barbin 4me wt this same gran gran clippers for #5 and if I no gree na faadan/skodo d man go barb4 me
GudOlDays
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by oseniafeez(m): 4:27am On Jul 08, 2015
I remember the name we call the man that used to barb our hair then (LONDON BARBER) he used to come during the weekends,on saturdays...LONG LIVE IKOTUN!!ABARANJE to be precise..
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 4:28am On Jul 08, 2015
betapikin:
lipsrsealed
dey there now
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
I was born with a silver spoon, so I can't remember it....... Though the spoon was later confiscated.......

wetin this one dey talk if u where really born during that time u go know say na only that clipper,blade & comb with scissors,or blade/knives/shaving stick & soap/shaving cream dem take dey barb then except na dada u be or them never born u that time.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Oluwaconquer(m): 5:17am On Jul 08, 2015
strictly meant for 'front and back'
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Haywhymido(m): 5:28am On Jul 08, 2015
na wa, u people shd stop using dis olden day stuffs to tell me, ah don old.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by musulumi(m): 5:31am On Jul 08, 2015
Chai! This demon made me to continue to bow bow bow down on my sitting position before Baba Taju gerigeri would hit me to sit right again ! grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Pappyjim: 5:45am On Jul 08, 2015
olawalepopoola:
My father used to take me to Marindoti barbing saloon in Total Garden, Ibadan @ age 5 to use this clipper. It sounds like "kekekeke"
It shows youre areal ibadan man like me! Marindoti is in mokola before we get to Premier hoyel junction! Good old days grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goat Spotted In Kwara Trying To Steal From A Pot Of Cassava On Fire (Photo) / FLOOD: Ladies, Will You Accept This Offer? - [PHOTO] / Chioma Nkechi Daniel Missing: Have You Seen Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.