Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,286 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) (61553 Views)

If You Can Remember This 7up Jingle, You Are Due For Marriage. / Do You Still Remember This Clipper? / Do You Remember Sending Files Like This ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by MosakuAW(m): 8:34am On Jul 08, 2015
4oyrsExperience:

Hmmmmmmn! Boda mi? Greetings to anty peju Is she still at brone?
Lol. I no sabi any Peju oooo.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Emmanuel40729: 8:35am On Jul 08, 2015
So funny grin things of the past
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by omooba969(m): 8:41am On Jul 08, 2015
olawalepopoola:
My father used to take me to Marindoti barbing saloon in Total Garden, Ibadan @ age 5 to use this clipper. It sounds like "kekekeke"

@bolded,

Marindoti @Total Garden ke? No way!

Marindoti is @'mokola'. smiley
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by N3RO(m): 9:11am On Jul 08, 2015
Talk about nostalgia...
Would never forget Sunday evenings at the barber shop in Jesu oyingbo behind laparias garden Maryland...
After the haircut na to rub am with ororo from mama sikira's puff puff...
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 08, 2015
Beremx:
you lie!
I actually got the lice from my primary school,from another pupil. If you must know,if one person has lice,there's every possiblity that those close to the person will be affected too. It spreads like wildfire!

Sorry ma, don't take that serious kiss..I knew you got it by association.dont tell me you got it from an Owerri pri. Sch because I won't believe you.

Last question, apart from your head, I heard from 'reliable' source that you later acquired serious lice infestations in some nooks and crannies of your whatchamcallit when you were in secondary school.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Beremx(f): 9:18am On Jul 08, 2015
gbosaa:

Sorry ma, don't take that serious kiss..I knew you got it by association.dont tell me you got it from an Owerri pri. Sch because I won't believe you.

Last question, apart from your head, I heard from 'reliable' source that you later acquired serious lice infestations in some nooks and crannies of your whatchamcallit when you were in secondary school.
lice is only found on the hair of human. I dunno what you're talking about.

Thanks for you time
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by billyG(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
Men it is hell 4 me barbing back then,d clippers came in sets i hate d rough one that squeeze yur skin painfully,with d barber abusing u & turning yur head forcefully.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 08, 2015
gbosaa:

rotfl...Leave her alone,will you
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2015
Beremx:
lice is only found on the hair of human. I dunno what you're talking about.

Thanks for you time

How would you know? Have a good day.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 08, 2015
my mom and dad also used this to shave their pripri and towtow. i remembered vividly
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by engrolawei: 9:48am On Jul 08, 2015
masqot:
Remember those days when people would say "o ti pon omi fun barber" in Yoruba. That clipper could be painful sometimes. I doubt if people still remember "chair barber"? Very dirty but still wondering how those old men sleep off while rolling round.

It used to sound grom grom grom on my head.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by andreernest28(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2015
Oloshi! eye cutter
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Audray(f): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2015
warisdat?. Isire plier? Cos u know, i grew ap in west germany.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2015
abbeyty:
See hw time flies. This thing still be like yesterday. Sometimes this clipper makes me cry expecially if it is not well sharp

The clipper is very painful i used it when i was young
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Teekrayne(m): 10:57am On Jul 08, 2015
runnazz:

wetin this one dey talk if u where really born during that time u go know say na only that clipper,blade & comb with scissors,or blade/knives/shaving stick & soap/shaving cream dem take dey barb then except na dada u be or them never born u that time.
.......... I dey come back
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Habeyy(m): 11:33am On Jul 08, 2015
I thought as much .those days when we still dey barb Tyson ..baddest clipper,if the tin clip ur scalp u go remember ur gender
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by cheeketo(f): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2015
olawalepopoola:
My father used to take me to Marindoti barbing saloon in Total Garden, Ibadan @ age 5 to use this clipper. It sounds like "kekekeke"

the Marindoti i know was in Mokola, even had a street named after him there.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by UjSizzle(f): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
Nope. Didn't cut my hair as a child.

What I do remember is using untreated attachments for Bob Marley and they'll burn the tip of the braids with fire undecided
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
Damn!!! At least I was born in the very early 80s. Remember when my late Dad would take my elder brother and I to a barbers shop close to Maryland roundabout. Then he'll buy Wall's ice cream for us after the whole session of pain and tears lol

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by datacabal(m): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
constance500:

Palm fruit breaker
pekuro. Lol
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by fabulouskeem(m): 2:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
cheesy wow...back in da days. i could remember vividly i use to go for PUNK style while my cousin love Tyson style with long parting by the side. then after barbing we use to wet the hair and rub vasline to make it coilly. .hmm grin fine boy don land be dat..but true be told i believe the use of blue comb with blade lay the concept of the new generation clippers.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by BraniacX(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
asadike:
My God! have never seen this before. na wah o.

Eeeeya!!

Small pikin grin

WAIT!!!

Me too never see am oh! shocked
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by BraniacX(m): 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
pus24:
cool
Biko!!
How this one take be west africa na?
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by peterovanski(m): 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
Keneking:
What is the name of this device?

Its called a shaworo-ide
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by SPOILTCHILDOOO(m): 3:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wayback when pelewura the barber used to come to our to house to barbe my dad,me &young ones. d clipers is painful, thanks to technology now
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
Teekrayne:
.......... I dey come back

Lolz..me dey go front oh
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by ojay2053(m): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
hehehe, chakachaka clipper.
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Slimchase(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chai dis Clipper made me 2 remember "Okeke-Ikpo-De-Barber" (RIP)
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by Kunzu(m): 12:27am On Jul 11, 2015
MosakuAW:

Tabon Tabon is in Oko-Oba Agege very close to Vetland grammar school or close to Abartiour.

My surname is actually Mosaku.
I know dose place, Vetland b4 New garage, dats my brothers surname too. He stays in Ahamdiyaa now
Re: How Many Of You Remember This Clipper(photo) by MosakuAW(m): 3:42am On Jul 11, 2015
Kunzu:
I know dose place, Vetland b4 New garage, dats my brothers surname too. He stays in Ahamdiyaa now

Where precisely in Ahmaddiya, my mother's house is at Ahmaddiya and u do visit there often whenever am in Naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Goat Spotted In Kwara Trying To Steal From A Pot Of Cassava On Fire (Photo) / FLOOD: Ladies, Will You Accept This Offer? - [PHOTO] / Chioma Nkechi Daniel Missing: Have You Seen Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.