Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (44471 Views)

How To Spot And Identify A Fake Infinix Hot Note X551 / Amazing The Longest USB Charger Cord / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Depot(m): 1:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is considered a very simple and flexible way of connection between personal computer and other electronic devices. However,USB can malfunction if you are not using the quality type. There will always be partial contact when using fake USB, thereby delaying your job which is very annoying.

Today, i want to share with you, a very simple way of identifying a fake USB. Its as simple as ABC. Get your USB, check the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. If the conductor there is Golden colour, it means its copper which is original. Copper has high conductivity than aluminium, copper also has relatively high tensile strength (the greatest stress a substance can bear without tearing apart).

Now to identify a fake USB, check the two holes again, if its silver colour, it means its aluminium, which is fake. Although aluminum has only about 60 percent of the conductivity of copper, but the tensile strength is very low( which tears apart when subjected to stress) Which makes your USB to to fluctuate. If you are using this type of USB, you will be experiencing partial contact. Most universal modems in Nigeria market today are made with this aluminium contact, because aluminium is cheaper than copper, and the manufacturers/ importers make more money from such.

The pic below clearly shows the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. The bus used for the USB is made with copper, that is why its golden in colour.

Now let the check begins.

101 Likes 26 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by doublewisdom: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Thanks OP. I don check my own. Na original.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Depot(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
doublewisdom:
Thanks OP. I don check my own. Na original.

Correct

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by gmacnoms(m): 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
ok
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Juchii(m): 2:58am On Jul 08, 2015
Nice one
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by gmacnoms(m): 7:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
lalasticlala ngwanu

5 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by DrPrickson: 5:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
This is one of the most useful piece of info I ve stumbled upon on nairaland. Two bottles of orijin for the OP.
My days of buyin fake USB cords, mouse are over.
lalasticlala come follow sample dis informate

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
fp material

lalasticlala do d needful abeg
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by bigv(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
Seriously?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
I just asked my roomate, and his gf to bring out their usbs. To my disappointment. Only my Ipad charger failed the test undecided since i can bet my dog's left yansh that charger is superb. This Thread is hereby Redundant undecided undecided undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by lifezone247(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
Best thread ever, thanks a lot. I don too fall hand.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Largeese(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
many fake usb cord importers and sellers will not be happy with this post.

meanwhile to our teeming jobless youths and those seeking an extra stream of income

Come into this very detailed thread to learn for free how to generate income on Fiverr.com working at home. here it is.... The Free Fiverr Training Guide on Nairaland With Screenshots

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by zonax(m): 9:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
It's like e don do you 30

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by LieDetector(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
In need of laboratory/hospital equipments?

We are the best smiley
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Zehner(f): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Great post.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by MrBasketball: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
lifezone247:
Best thread ever, thanks a lot. I don too fall hand.

Chaii... For dem our igbo brothers hands abi? lipsrsealed

8 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
m
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
informative
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by kazmanbanjoko(m): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Kkk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by VickyRotex(f): 10:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nice one Op.

Little words with lots of sense.

Merci! smiley

4 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Ask4bigneyo(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Chaiii....i don check my own, guess wat? NA FAKE PONBELE.....
I SWEAR, I NO GO BUY USB CORD FROM CHUKWUDI AGAIN

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks Op...Your advice will come handy on my next purchase of such...
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by tym92(m): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mtchewww....

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hmmn.. Listen to dis freestyle by me..

http://my.notjustok.com/track/24670/

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by onuwaje(m): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
2/3 of my cords r original
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Berrypie(f): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks for sharing.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Lilprincey(m): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
My own nah fake ah wan sue dis aba boiz..

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by dunkem21(m): 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
Waoh ..You for upload the fake too.

9 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by GJames(m): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
OP you too try abeg. Thank you
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by themonk(m): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
op thanks.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Adedolapo1406(m): 10:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
No wonder, just checked mine now it is fake

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dear Customer You Are Not Allowed To Call This Number / Glittery Phone Case Leaves Injury On South African Lady's Leg (Disturbing Pics) / TECNO Camon 16 Premier First Impressions And Review + Price (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.