Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (44501 Views)

How To Spot And Identify A Fake Infinix Hot Note X551 / Amazing The Longest USB Charger Cord / How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2015
So infinix USB na fake cheesy
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by honestpoju: 10:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
they look almost the same to me , though useful info. thanks
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by eleko1: 10:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nor bi yo friend IyaNgbali dey sell the substandard Usb cord.Wan her abeg.
VickyRotex:
Nice one Op.

Little words with lots of sense.

Merci! smiley
undecided
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Lovechyld101(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
Mine is Original but still shaking i tire for the usb
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Knsley(m): 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thank u Op. Mine is Original. Useful info.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by NwaliE01: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
Chaiii....i don check my own, guess wat? NA FAKE PONBELE.....
I SWEAR, I NO GO BUY USB CORD FROM CHUKWUDI AGAIN
grin
Ask4bigneyo:
cracking my ribs.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by rildwanullahi(m): 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
U2ice:
I jst checked my two bad usb gvin me partial contact n d current 1 am usin....all golden undecided
Confused!
timzy007:
op silver is a beta conductor to copper. if u buy original products from some household name is obvious you get
a silver lining. dou you might always get fake silver lining becos is expensive. but on educative note silva is beta condoctor.
thank me later cool
what if aluminum is coated with copper and placed there Wetin we go do, silver is the best conductor but it's not as ductile and malleable as aluminum and copper

1 Like

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by thaoriginator: 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Op ur head is present
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
[size=18pt]#TeamFake[/size]grin
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
If only I have seen this ealier before wasting my money on this piece of crap
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Dekadet(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
Well mine is originally fake
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by blackrules1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
I just checked mine, it came with my Sony Xperia.....it is original.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by encryptjay(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
Make Infinix boys no hear this one ooooo grin

Lemme check Innjoo grin
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by jbaby265(f): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
i love u @op...this article is d best.of it kind

kudos
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by BrainnewsNg(f): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Depot:
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is considered a very simple and flexible way of connection between personal computer and other electronic devices. However,USB can malfunction if you are not using the quality type. There will always be partial contact when using fake USB, thereby delaying your job which is very annoying.

Today, i want to share with you, a very simple way of identifying a fake USB. Its as simple as ABC. Get your USB, check the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. If the conductor there is Golden colour, it means its copper which is original. Copper has high conductivity than aluminium, copper also has relatively high tensile strength (the greatest stress a substance can bear without tearing apart).

Now to identify a fake USB, check the two holes again, if its silver colour, it means its aluminium, which is fake. Although aluminum has only about 60 percent of the conductivity of copper, but the tensile strength is very low( which tears apart when subjected to stress) Which makes your USB to to fluctuate. If you are using this type of USB, you will be experiencing partial contact. Most universal modems in Nigeria market today are made with this aluminium contact, because aluminium is cheaper than copper, and the manufacturers/ importers make more money from such.

The pic below clearly shows the two holes that reveals the bus/contact. The bus used for the USB is made with copper, that is why its golden in colour.

Now let the check begins.

So educative!
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Thollulope(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Please whats USB ....:-O
mine made of mercury...[MOM] grin
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by slinkman(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Vanquay:
I just asked my roomate, and his gf to bring out their usbs. To my disappointment. Only my Ipad charger failed the test undecided since i can bet my dog's left yansh that charger is superb. This Thread is hereby Redundant undecided undecided undecided
truth.. i checked my cd-rom follow come usb very strong and it failed
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
encryptjay:

Make Infinix boys no here this one ooooo grin

That one concern them oo grin
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Chukwudozzie(m): 10:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Nice info, checked mine and its original.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Thollulope(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=encryptjay post=35985289]
U mean it? shocked
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by AlienStar: 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
Issorait
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Smartlife(m): 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
This is the kind post we need on frontpage. Kudos bro I checked mine and indeed the one I bought is fake but my power bank USB is gold and it charges more faster.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by solento4real: 10:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
hmmmmmm, u sure say no be paint Dem paint am or no b Naija we dey??
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by jbaby265(f): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

guy ur signature got me cracking my ribs ..chai u are just too funny to be serious
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by midolian(m): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
niceguy4:
nice one...... if all young Nigerians have brains like you... why can't we over take America
WETI YOU DON USE YOUR BRAIN TAKE DO undecided
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by emmatok(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
timzy007:
op silver is a beta conductor to copper. if u buy original products from some household name is obvious you get
a silver lining. dou you might always get fake silver lining becos is expensive. but on educative note silva is beta condoctor.

thank me later cool

You are wrong.
1. It is aluminium(silver color) and not silver, no body use silver for electronics cable.

2. Copper is better electricity conductor than aluminium.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by VickyRotex(f): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
eleko1:
Nor bi yo friend IyaNgbali dey sell the substandard Usb cord.Wan her abeg. undecided

Bet na you dey finance am na. grin undecided tongue
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by IYANGBALI: 11:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
eleko1:
Nor bi yo friend IyaNgbali dey sell the substandard Usb cord.Wan her abeg. undecided
I be yeboe?
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
thanks for the info.
Re: How To Identify A Fake Usb Device/cord by encryptjay(m): 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=Thollulope post=35985404][/quote]

Innjoo ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TECNO Camon 16 Premier First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / MTN Nigeria Handed-Out Free Data Bundles By Mistake / Tecno Pouvoir 2 Price And Specifications (Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.