Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

What Book Impacted You The Most? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Book Impacted You The Most? (5296 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? / What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2015
I read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki a few months back and honestly speaking i tend to base most of my thoughts around ideas found in the book. right now, before i buy anything I think about how needful it is to my development and its impact on my finances. I used to be real bad at spending money till i read that book. Can you tell us any book that really impacted you in any way? be it novels, fictions, motivationals or any book at all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by balogundayo(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
[size=20pt]PURPLE HIBISCUS!!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by enigstil(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2015
THE O MANUSCRIPT BY LARS MUHL

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by beejay501: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
Think Big by Ben Carson

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by StarMogul(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
[quote author=letsbet post=35590071]I read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki]
I hv also read d book nd I must say it changes ur orientation towards money.However another book dat I cherish so much is "there was a country by the late chinua achebe" very educative.A must read for every nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
balogundayo:
[size=20pt]PURPLE HIBISCUS!!!![/size]
I quess it was written by a Nigerian lady. do you mind sharing with us who your favourite character from that book is? and how did d book affect you?
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by eagleccentric(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
The Richest Man in Babylon

3 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
@StarMogul

I'll surely check it out. Chinue Achebe (Rip) is arguably the best writer Nigeria ever produce. i stand to be corrected tho. thanks for ur imput.

2 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
eagleccentric:
The Richest Man in Babylon

I have heard quotes in books and articles with refrences from 'The Richest man in Babylon'. i'll really like to read it somedays. Tnks for sharing.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Georgematics(m): 3:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
THE BLACK BOY by Robert Wright. i read the book while i was the same age with the aurthor. it really shaped my life and my thought pattern.

2 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by OMA4U(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2015
The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. It's a must read for everyone who aspires to be great.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by rudepen(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2015
waiting for an angel by helon habila

3 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by ApexTitan(m): 8:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
OMA4U:
The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo. It's a must read for everyone who aspires to be great.

The Alchemist is a classic. I read it many years ago but the story stuck. I recently came across another of Paulo Coehlo's work, Manuscripts Found in Accra, didn't like it much, it seemed like another type of The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I didn't even finish reading it.

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
I just added the Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo to my to-read list. thanks OMA4U.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by OMA4U(m): 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
ApexTitan:

The Alchemist is a classic. I read it many years ago but the story stuck. I recently came across another of Paulo Coehlo's work, Manuscripts Found in Accra, didn't like it much, it seemed like another type of The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran. I didn't even finish reading it.
Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet is another classic book: full of wisdom and inspiration. Gibran was a good man to have written such a book.
Madman by Gibran is also good.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Rick9(m): 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
All that glitters

2 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by timpaker(m): 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
The New Man
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by joseph1832(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
timpaker:
The New Man
Who's the author of the book?.

For me guys I stopped reading inspirational and motivational books, rather, I chose to expand my knowledge and I delve into esoteric books.

So I will say I really don't have any book per say, each book I read reach/teach me certain things in certain ways. However I will say the book I read that piqued my curiosity into knowing more about arcane knowledge was Erik Van Lustbader book, The Kaisho.

Note. Eric Van Lustbader is a second level Reiki master!.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by ApexTitan(m): 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2015
joseph1832:
For me guys I stopped reading inspirational and motivational books, rather, I chose to expand my knowledge and I delve into esoteric books.
So I will say I really don't have any book per say, each book I read reach/teach me certain things in certain ways. However I will say the book I read that piqued my curiosity into knowing more about arcane knowledge was Erik Van Lustbader book, The Kaisho.

Eric Van Lustbader. Author of White Ninja and The Miko and many Nicholas Linnear books? Loved those stories. They were not inspirational or anything but straight up action.

I also tend to run from openly motivational and self-help books and their endless acronyms for improving yourself.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by joseph1832(m): 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
ApexTitan:

Eric Van Lustbader. Author of White Ninja and The Miko and many Nicholas Linnear books? Loved those stories. They were not inspirational or anything but straight up action.

I also tend to run from openly motivational and self-help books and their endless acronyms for improving yourself.
Ma Man!. That's him alright. He also authored Zero, Siren and Jian.

I am a collector of his books. His books are also full of Asian mystic practices. Many would say they're occult practices.
Lol.

Bro you should read The Kaisho. The antagonist Du Duc Fujiro, MEN!!! That guy was a living weapon!. Gawd!

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by timpaker(m): 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
joseph1832:

The author of the book is Femi Ademiluyi. Ever since I read that book about 10years ago, my love for Nigerian/African books increased.

I use to have the book but misplaced it somewhere in Ibadan when I went to get it autographed by the author. It is still painful remembering the book and not getting a hold of it to peep.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by joseph1832(m): 10:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
timpaker:

The author of the book is Femi Ademiluyi. Ever since I read that book about 10years ago, my love for Nigerian/African books increased.

I use to have the book but misplaced it somewhere in Ibadan when I went to get it autographed by the author. It is still painful remembering the book and not getting a hold of it to peep.
I also have craven African literature. African writers have touched me a lot. Kwame Nkrumah Neo Colonialism: The Last Stage Of Imperialism was an eye opener for me.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by timpaker(m): 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2015
joseph1832:
I also have craven African literature. African writers have touched me a lot. Kwame Nkrumah Neo Colonialism: The Last Stage Of Imperialism was an eye opener for me.

Read this one and I assure you eh you'll be glad you did and you won't stop talking about the book. Since the book is scarce in the market, you can read it at goodreads dot com.

This book brings you the perplexing paradox of religion, corruption in the society, love and loyalty... let me not go ahead with the spoiler
Remember to thank me later.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by ApexTitan(m): 11:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
joseph1832:
Ma Man!. That's him alright. He also authored Zero, Siren and Jian.

I am a collector of his books. His books are also full of Asian mystic practices. Many would say they're occult practices.
Lol.

Bro you should read The Kaisho. The antagonist Du Duc Fujiro, MEN!!! That guy was a living weapon!. Gawd!

What I particularly loved about his books was the way he described each fight scene, capturing its feral elegance, it's ferocity and all of its organic complexity through the lens of a true fighter, one who understood the principles of the Japanese martial arts. Didn't strike me as occultic at all.

The Kaisho eh? Will see if I can find it then add to my already lengthy reading list. Lol. Nice to know other people here liked his books.
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by joseph1832(m): 7:14am On Jul 09, 2015
ApexTitan:

What I particularly loved about his books was the way he described each fight scene, capturing its feral elegance, it's ferocity and all of its organic complexity through the lens of a true fighter, one who understood the principles of the Japanese martial arts. Didn't strike me as occultic at all.

The Kaisho eh? Will see if I can find it then add to my already lengthy reading list. Lol. Nice to know other people here liked his books.
Well aside myself, you're the only one I've seen here who read his books. Bro, I tell you when you The Kaisho you'll really understand that Lustbader went beyond martial arts, there was magic involved and some human sacrifice in the most grotesque
Way one can't even imagine.

timpaker:

Read this one and I assure you eh you'll be glad you did and you won't stop talking about the book. Since the book is scarce in the market, you can read it at goodreads dot com.

This book brings you the perplexing paradox of religion, corruption in the society, love and loyalty... let me not go ahead with the spoiler
Remember to thank me later.
I'll give it a shot Tim.

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 12:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
I am currently reading Martian by Andy Weir. The book is a science fiction. Its extremely addictive and well written. The book follows the life of an American astronaut called Mark who got stranded in mars and must improvise to survive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Georgematics(m): 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Rick9:
All that glitters
mr Rick. pls, is that a book title?
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Georgematics(m): 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Rick9:
All that glitters
color master Rick. pls, is that a book title?
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by dryx007(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
I think the 48 Laws of Power and think and grow rich

Check out www.bookcane.com, number one site for books

1 Like

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Rick9(m): 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2015
Georgematics:

Color master Rick9. pls, is that a book title?
Yes that's the title of the book, its a love story.
This is the plot

" Dazzled by the glamorous girls from italy, Efe abandoned her education and jilted Nosa her one and only true love and travelled to italy, but her fortunes soon changed when she discovered the truth that could either save her or destroy her " it was written by Willy Eghe Nova its very popular in Benin City.

2 Likes

Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by letsbet(m): 6:09am On Jul 10, 2015
Rick9:

Yes that's the title of the book, its a love story.

waw. that shud be quite an interesting book to read. care to tell us what happened to Efe at last?
Re: What Book Impacted You The Most? by Rick9(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
letsbet:

waw. that shud be quite an interesting book to read. care to tell us what happened to Efe at last?
I will try ok. " She was a university student she met her boyfriend Nosa in an aunty's funeral they started dating, Nosa was a politician and businessman not too rich not too poor just average, he loved Efe so much and wished to marry her, so now efe friends came back from italy and efe was so dazzled by their glamour and she broke nosa heart and travelled out, nosa was heartbroken, so after many years of doing prostitution in italy she was deported and after some weeks she was diagnosed of Aids, Nosa later won the senate elections and he got married to efe's friend Ngozi, efe tried to get back to Nosa but it was too late. Very lovely story

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Miss Ugly Nigeria Pageant / The Loverboys / The Innocent Betrayal (A Romance Short Story By Kayode Odusanya)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.