Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets (19533 Views)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's N7.6bn Loot / Court Orders Permanent Forfeiture Of Diezani Alison-Madueke's $37.5m Mansion / Court Orders Interim Forfeiture Of Patience Jonathan’s $5.8m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by dustydee: 4:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you GEJ for prosecuting Nnamani. Thank you Chime for cooperating with the EFCC.

When will Buhari start his own probe of corrupt officials?
if he is discharged by the court then it's Buhari's fault but when convicted it is GEJs doing. Double standard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by fineguy11(m): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you GEJ for prosecuting Nnamani. Thank you Chime for cooperating with the EFCC.

so GEJ personally prosecuted him?wait till those biafran wanna be's read ur comment..
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by joseph1832(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Batam I haven't benefitted from any government.
I hear you! Midolian, Omenka, demdem, imagine FFK saying he has not benefited from any government. That's a mighty laugh!.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Lobatan, its a good news
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Okbath(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2015
“It is hereby ordered that the properties listed in the schedule be forfeited to the Federal Government.” what of the affected local governments,and state?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by mechanics(m): 5:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
Dats a gud wrk 4rm d EFCC.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by obailala(m): 5:05pm On Jul 07, 2015
nwaanambra1:

Bro! the question is - why only him? is he the only governor that stole from his state? or are u saying that since igbos did not support the incumbent they should be hunted down and humiliated? na! that logic is faulty. for sanitation to hold merit, it has to start from inside - for judgement be fair to all, it has to start from the house. undecided
Well, this is not environmental sanitation, this involves politics so you cannot completely remove politics from such exercises.

Then to your question regarding if he's the only governor that stole money, kindly go and read Number 1 of my last comment. I stated clearly that "it must start from somewhere," no society has ever arrested and tried all its criminals at the same time. It has to start from somewhere and I'm sorry, you do not have a right to choose where it should start from.

Finally did you just insinuate that Igbos are hunted down and humiliated?... I am Igbo but neither me nor my family members or loved ones are being hunted down and humiliated, rather it is CRIMINALS that are being hunted down. If you are a criminal or have big criminals in your family, then my apologies, you may soon be caught in the net too. If common sense was common, this should have been viewed as a good development by the Igbos because the money stolen by the man belongs to Igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by midolian(m): 5:09pm On Jul 07, 2015
joseph1832:
I hear you! Midolian, Omenka, demdem, imagine FFK saying he has not benefited from any government. That's a mighty laugh!.
lol.. U dey mind the guy?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you GEJ for prosecuting Nnamani. Thank you Chime for cooperating with the EFCC. The Judge however erred by transferring the said properties to the FG instead of Enugu state government.

You mean he transferred the properties to FG, Enugu Gov should sue them for that,
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by jlinkd78(m): 5:18pm On Jul 07, 2015
2boiz:
Chai, good move tho
Anoda rape against d SE. Nnamani looted all these as d Enugu state gov now asset forfeiture is to FG. This is wrong.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2015
barcanista:
Batam I haven't benefitted from any government.
I know because I've seen a few of your posts before changing camp base on GEJ na my kinsman.
Sorry, based on your post last week on a federal matter, I know you are very objective saying the truth when seen one unlike some moniker like Temitemi, Erodeast, Introvert, Oremusantics and so many others that whose comments will nail one day.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by hibbayueei(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
Am so late for my meeting and I ve not gone 2ru the files/Am traveling and I will need sumtin to kip me busy/My phone memory is filled up, I need to free some space/i need to transfer files from my computer to my Phone or Tablets/ I need to watch a video or play music or read files I downloaded from my phone on my TV screen or Tablets or computer .... THEN what you need is an OTG Smartphones Dual USB Flash drive... Check my signature/profile for more information.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by jey4all(m): 5:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
efcc only nail Southerners ' do we mean to say people from the north are north are not Corrupt. just saying
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by coolcharm(m): 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
Cosmo FM was one of the best radio stations in the east then. Alibet it's foundation was built on sinking sand. What a shame.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by mobi5592: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Sometimes cases like these expose the lack of responsibility within the government...Every governments core function is to provide jobs for its populace, and I think those companies especially cosmo FM and rainbow net did that. even if the owner is to striped of those properties, at least they should not be closed. Does these governments even know anything about socoal responsibility?
It's so damn mind boggling how myopic and daft africa leaders are.

come to think about it: they all thief money meant for their states. Some stock-pile them, others send tjem overseas, but this one decided to invest it in the state. Even though we all frawn at stealing, but the end here at least justifies substaining those companies.

Untill the ordinary masses realises that such business benefit them, and that EFCC cant just close them and have the proceeds remmited to the fed, and be willing to defend such senseless actions on the street protesting massively, we will always be taken for granted.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
kaycid77:

You mean he transferred the properties to FG, Enugu Gov should sue them for that,
Enugu state government should have joined itself in the suit. They can as well appeal to fg to transfer it to them or sue fg
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 07, 2015
Barcanista the chief alatenuje!!

Yardua started the case and GEJ stalled it!

Alatenuje !! GEJ didn't do shit against corruption

"Stealing is not corruption"

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nuzo1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
doctokwus:

I don't agree.The only reason it appears so is that Obasanjo despite his latter use of EFCC as a vendetta tool,was able to bring these cases to prominence with an effective EFCC.
If EFCC under GEJ had been half as effective,I bet u we would have found that that those governors and ministers under OBJ were learners when compared to those that embezzled under GEJ.

You may be right. However, my angle of assessment has little or nothing to do with EFCC given that since it was mostly used as a political tool...the fight against corruption became hard to assess with that.

I mean, was Chimaroke a bigger thief than OUK, Mbadinuju, odili, Atta, Udenwa and co in the SE and South South. I'm not even mentioning Tinubu, Akala and their northern colleagues.

My angle of assessment is the resources available after salaries must have been paid.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by dabossman(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
spencekat:
Cosmo FM was great those days.They would have allowed the radio station to still be functioning.

Hhm. A man fraudulently takes over your cocoa farm and gives you a cube of choco milo everyday to sweeten your belly. Talk about seeing the big picture. Or not.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
To transfer those properties to the FG shows thst something is wrong with the intention behind the conviction.. That also is corruption. Why to FG? Why are other of his colleages not convicted but aquited when its all glaring that they are all birds of a feather... Justice should be complete or its no justice but witch hunt.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2015
Batam:

I know because I've seen a few of your posts before changing camp base on GEJ na my kinsman.
Sorry, based on your post last week on a federal matter, I know you are very objective saying the truth when seen one unlike some moniker like Temitemi, Erodeast, Introvert, Oremusantics and so many others that whose comments will nail one day.
I didn't start supporting GEJ because "he is my kinsman". In fact, I've always known him to be my kinsman yet I supported GMB(until Feb 16). As for the comrades you quoted, they are my partners in progress. They comment based on their position on issues which I think is appropriate. I will rather we all face issues and not posters. Like I said, they are my comrades and I'm proud of them. We should start tackling subjects and leave posters.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by ruffDiamond: 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
;
Demburrows:
So far pmb anti corruption campaign has been pointing only to the South east (igbos) alone. The people are watching.
because they are BORN CRIMINALS AND ECONOMIC SABOTEURS ASIDE STATE ENEMIES that's why. Gerrit?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by mekaboy(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2015
The money stolen belongs to the state, why will the property be forfeited to federal govt and not state?
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Yugoos: 6:35pm On Jul 07, 2015
Slimy politicians

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by ruffDiamond: 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2015
0lumide:

Yes this is the truth!!

It is Enugu's money and should be remitted to Enugu and used by Enugu people!!

Remitting to FG is a very wrong step.

I don't think the money will be remitted to FG sha!!
na #Biafra money abi Nigeria's own?bunch of rogues tongue
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by CSTR2: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2015
obailala:
hmmm... Trouble!

Someone would soon kick-start a campaign saying he's being persecuted because he is Igbo. Meanwhile the dolts who would eventually fall for this crappy reasoning would not consider the fact that the man actually stole the money from poor Igbo communities.
You are a tool.
Unlike you guys, we know a real case when we see one.
The chime government was even the one that indicted Nnamani.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by nobilie: 6:49pm On Jul 07, 2015
Nnamani can only be a mad man to have done this to his own state. I wish him what the entire cheated people which i'm one of wish him. I pray T. A Orji and others will be next. Amen
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Ugik(m): 7:08pm On Jul 07, 2015
arbitter:

If the court had acquitted him this halfwit would be among the first to start railing against Buhari.

Same way you dimwits were attributing the Nuclear Plant deal and NNPC claim on refineries starting to work as GEJ's successes but turned around to accuse Buhari of planning to Endanger you with the Plant and apparently now blame Buhari for the failure of the Refineries to start working.

This idiotic rhetoric can only work for a while, let's see how you plan to downplay any future Buhari achievements.
bro,you guys should keep calm joor and sort wateve difference you have with barcanista..chimarokes trial has nothing to do with jonathan and buhari,this trial started way before jonathan becae president..kudos to effc and late musa yaradua,if u guys decide to toe that line
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Ugik(m): 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Demburrows:
So far pmb anti corruption campaign has been pointing only to the South east (igbos) alone. The people are watching.
you see why u keep failing history in schl?buhari has ntin to do with this issue
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by lyntiffany(f): 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2015
francizy:
That evil goat called Nnamani. A failed element just like Roch-ASS COCKROACHA!
I won't allow you call him names we the Enuguites know the impact of this man in lifting and developing Enugu pls ask before you condemn.
Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by lyntiffany(f): 7:24pm On Jul 07, 2015
UnknownT:
Cosmo FM: That made me "hate" EFCC. Why not transfer the radio to government, they just closed down the radio station. My favorite sports programme with Ralph just ended abruptly
Don't mind them, as long as I know the man orchestrated the new look Enugu is enjoying now.
I could remember how they called him names when he was demolishing some houses that were built on the road side mostly along fire service through otigba junction down to lower chime avenue and bisala Rd side.
But now we all are enjoying it.
Missed Cosmo FM a lot.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Forfeiture Of Ex-gov Nnamani’s Assets by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2015
Hahaha...I laugh at some e-diots who are laughing at the Igbos claiming they(Igbos) have bad leaders. Now let's be realistic, no Northern state is up to the standard of Enugu State...so who is cheated here? Or is it Ondo, Kwara, Kogi, Yobe or Ekiti that could be compared to Enugu? Lol...give me development in Ibadan I'll give you Uyo; give me Abeokuta, I'll give you Bonny Island with constant power and give me Lagos which is the commercial hub, I'll dash you the ABA TECHNOLOGY and CREATIVITY which has been supporting Nigerians. Leave matter for Martha and pray for good governance accompanied with good development in your various states...meanwhile, Nnamani should bear the consequences of his stupidity!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explanation Of Land Sizes In Nigeria / Atiku Visits Buhari’s Birthplace, Daura, After Rally (Videos) / Habeeb Bama Captured Mastermind Of UN Building Bombing Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.