Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

The Interpretation Of Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Interpretation Of Tongues (774 Views)

Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / Dream Interpretations - Post Or Email Your Dream For The Interpretation / A Complete Understanding Of The Subject Of TONGUES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Interpretation Of Tongues by emekrus(m): 5:11pm On Jul 07, 2015
“Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret”—1 Corinthians 14: 14

For several years in my Christian walk, the gift of interpretation of tongues seemed to be very scarce (in my ignorance) - though I have prayed for it severally as the scripture above says. Little did I know, that in my zeal, the gift have been manifesting through me- but I didn’t know.

For instance, many a time, as I discuss the scripture with some argumentative friends and course mates, in other to avoid being thrown off or gainsaid, I open my mouth in Tongues, and as I do, suddenly the right scriptural word to answer will flow into my mind. Even with their exact scriptural backings…

Many a time, as I lead prayers in my unit in the Church, while we’re praying out the prayer point raised, and I keep praying in other tongues, I keep getting inspiration of other powerful prayer points to follow immediately we end the first one raised.

Then sometimes, in my bus evangelism and house fellowship meetings; as I prophecy (speak forth) over the people, after my messages, I speak in Tongues, then immediately after the tongues, I receive Powerful inspiration for edifying prophecy.

In all these period of time, I still thought I didn’t have the gift of Interpretation of Tongues. And these is the situation of so many Christians today. They have prayed for the gift of interpretation of tongues, as the scripture admonishes us, but do not believe they have the gift already… And the bible says when we pray, we should believe that we received what we prayed for (Mark 11:24).

Like me then, they expect the manifestation to be more spectacular than it already manifests in them (or until they can interpret other people’s tongues) before they believe the gift is already manifesting through them…

It was not until late last year that I understood clearly the scriptural scope of the manifestation of the Interpretation of Tongues as I read “Smith Wigglesworth on the Holy Spirit”.

In that particular book, someone asked Smith Wigglesworth, when and how he gets the Interpretation of tongues. And he explained that the interpretation follows immediately after the tongue. That the interpreter does not know what he is going to interpret beforehand, but that however, after the interpretation, the interpreter will know what he has interpreted.

He added that the Interpretation is akin to speaking in tongues itself. You know, before you start speaking in tongues, you do not pre-meditate what you want to speak, but as you open your mouth in faith, the Holy Ghost will begin to give you utterances which you give voice to and you can hear the sounds as you speak.

So from his explanation, it is clear that the Interpretation of tongues, manifests (just like tongues) by faith. It is the divine inspiration you get immediately after speaking in tongues, and you give voice to it by faith.

And when you do give voice to it, it then serves the purpose of prophecy for the edification of others as well as yourself.
Sometimes the inspiration will be so strong that even when you do not give voice to it, it will flow from your heart to your mind just like the word of knowledge…

Concerning the above point, a few months back, while I was writing an exam on French-for which I didn’t understand some of the questions, (as I don’t understand much of the French Language-we were only writing it for academic purpose)- as I saw the questions and answered the ones I read about…

When I got to the questions I didn’t understand what they were asking, let alone their answers, I started speaking in tongues by faith (as I had purposed in my heart before the exam, that after answering the questions I know, the ones I don’t know, I was going to speak in tongues and believe the Holy Ghost for the interpretation of the French).

And sure enough, according to my faith, the Holy Ghost brought the interpretation of the French to my mind (as I spoke in tongues); and I answered all the questions by faith, and recently, as I went to check the result of the French, I passed it comfortably.

So if you have earnestly prayed for the gift of Interpretation of tongues, each time you pray in Tongues, open your mouth in faith- believing the Holy Ghost to give you the correct interpretations. And certainly he will give them to you. Because God never turn down faith.

Finally, I must add that the interpretation of tongues is not the same thing as language translation, but rather, a spiritual message (or summary) of all the tongues. To this end, a tongue may be very long, while the interpretation may be very short. While on the other hand, the tongue may be very short, but the interpretation may be longer. Either way, don’t give room to doubt or unbelief.

Although sometimes, your personal thought may interfere with the interpretation, but so long it’s done by faith, it is righteous. It is only when you do it in unbelief that it’s sinful---Romans 14:23 “….. For whatsoever is not of faith is sin”.

This sermon is opened to more insightful, spiritual contributions…

Remain Blessed!

For more sermons visit: www.righteousfaith.net
Re: The Interpretation Of Tongues by joganut(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2015
Re: The Interpretation Of Tongues by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2015
extremely edifying and extremely correct @OP.
I pray for you that you grow and abound more in all wisdom and spiritual understanding and you also grown in the revelation of OUR Lord Jesus.Amen.

Threads like These are threads that we need on NL religion section.

Once again.
God bless you OP

(1) (Reply)

Quran – 8:59-60: / Between Big Churches And Chapels / Is It Proper To Take Our Phones To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.