Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How To Identify A Refurbished Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Identify A Refurbished Laptop (3269 Views)

6 Simple Ways To Identify A Computer Virus Infection / Used And Refurbished Apple Laptops / Factory Refurbished Hp Laptops For Sale!!as Good As Brand New. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A Refurbished Laptop by mcdokwe(m): 5:25pm On Jul 07, 2015
Identifying A Refurbished Laptop
Posted on July 7, 2015
So a customer needed a brand new laptop and since he was a friend, I opted to pick from our location rather than wait for delivery from my suppliers in Lagos as he was having a hard time making a choice.

I walked into a retail shop, and due to my familiarity with the sales boy, walked into the inner chambers where he was and to my dismay, noticed the stickers being placed on the laptops bearing HP Partners, was actually serving the purpose of concealing the product type, which is refurbished. That to me was dubious so I advised him to wait till my trusted partners sends one across.

Honestly, as a reseller, I often have hard times explaining what and why a PC is refurbished and if you expect to tell one which is from the other that is not just by sight, you are on your own. But with genuine resellers, you don’t experience such problems as they leave the Laptops as already designated by the manufacturers.

With the genuine marketers, all you need to identify refurbished laptops are the bold imprint on the carton as shown in picture one and their word, with others, like the story I narrated above, you might need to check the foreign stickers if they are meant to serve the purpose of concealment, but that alone is not enough as cartons are available to most of us who deal with laptops and we can easily replace the cartons without having to depend on the stickers.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
Refurbished Laptop Package
Are refurbished laptops bad purchase choice?

No they are not, I personally deal with and on them and have not had complaints. The bulk of customers I have sold refurbished laptops to happens to be my friends who know me very well to trust and depend on my advice.

Unfortunately, most Nigerians get turned off the moment the word refurbished is mentioned.

Why go for a refurbished?

If you are on a tight budget, getting a refurbished laptop might save you some extra money and you still get a system good enough to meet your Computing needs.

What differentiates a refurbished Laptop from a new One?

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES
New Laptop Package
Personally, if I were to make a choice between a new laptop and a refurbished, I would be at a complete loss but in terms of performance, a refurbished laptop serves you as much as a new one of the same specification.

As a buyer, the major difference worthy of note is that the refurbished laptop comes with 90 days warranty as opposed to the new laptop that has between 1-2 years warranty depending on the manufacturer.

How Then Can You Identify One?

From the above difference between a new and a refurbished laptop lies the clue as to how to identify one from the other. Every purchased laptop has a label behind it and unless unscrupulous dealers mark them out with a pen, the manufacturers label states clearly the length of the warranty.

So, so long as the warranty is less than a year, you have the right to ask for refund especially if you were not made aware that you are purchasing a refurbished laptop.

The product label could be found under the laptop or in the battery compartment by removing the battery.

Source: https://mytechmagazine./2015/07/07/identifying-a-refurbished-laptop/

Re: How To Identify A Refurbished Laptop by Emeth: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2017
Thanks for this.
Re: How To Identify A Refurbished Laptop by udemzyudex(m): 5:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
For used laptop, u will see a sticker at the bottom of the laptop or where the battery is placed

(1) (Reply)

Used Fujitsu Siemens CORE I3 500GIG 4GIG With Free Bag 45k / Can I Boost The Signal Of A Wired Lan Connection Between 100m / Windows 7 Ultimate Activation Code (urgent)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.