Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek (1209 Views)

Majek Fashek Attends House On The Rock Church, Lagos (Photos) / Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose / Majek Fashek Is Back, Leaves Rehab For The First Time (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Mariojane(f): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2015
The present state of veteran Nigerian musician, Majek Fashek has become a source of worry to many people, especially his associates.

One of his colleagues in the music industry, Charly Boy has now called on well-meaning Nigerians to do something about this. According to Charly Boy, the popular ‘Rain Maker’ urgently needs rehabilitation.

“The worst thing we can do is stand and watch when we see someone struggling in agony, especially when their pain is self-inflicted. It is no longer news that the ‘Rain Maker’ is a sorry shadow of himself plagued by issues larger than his self-discipline.

“Majek Fashek is our own; let’s see how we can heal our ‘Rain Maker’ who needs all the love and understanding he can get right now.

“I know quite a few well-meaning Nigerians have contributed to his rehabilitation, but I still encourage others to help see the healing of this great musician become a reality. It is our collective effort to help rehabilitate him as a social responsibility of fighting this hard drug menace that is wasting so many of our youths.

“I remember this very handsome man with a good heart and we had worked together a long time ago at the start of his beautiful but truncated music career. He is a multi- talented artiste of international repute, whose hit rendition `Send down the Rain’ still does exactly that anytime it is played- sending the shivers down our spines.

“It used to be my favorite song from his album, and till today, I can sing his lyrics many years after. He brewed that song right in my studio in Oguta, in the seven months he spent with me there as an in-house producer.

“I know it can be a huge heartache watching someone you love struggle with an addiction or have a mental illness but the good news is that it is curable.

“When we show more love as parents, friends, associates, spouses, brothers or sisters, we help the people going through this struggle feel good about themselves,” he pleaded.

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/34422/58/charly-boy-begs-nigerians-to-help-majek-fashek.html

Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 08, 2015
undecided

what stops you from helping him, are you not from the same mental home, trash!

better repent now or you follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by DuchessLily(f): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2015
Just imagine what someone did to himself, by himself ... A handsome man like majek
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by may01(f): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2015
The Rain Maker seriously needs help, I hope he gets it soon before it becomes too late
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Lilyomi(f): 11:16am On Jul 08, 2015
No wonder drug peddlers r jailed! C a glowin life brought down to grass soo simply. I pity dis man. He luks mentally n physically sick n hungry too.
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Jorussia(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2015
see as drug just mess this guy up.
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Jorussia(m): 11:20am On Jul 08, 2015
may01:
The Rain Maker seriously needs help, I hope he gets it soon before it becomes too late
If it was in oversea now,all he needs is to be confined to a Rehab center.Anyway,if you don't mind,follow me back, please.
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by jascon1(m): 11:22am On Jul 08, 2015
may01:
he made the rain that wet up his igboh. There are better things to do with money. Charly boy can fix him up while we manage our resources on our own coming rains
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by may01(f): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2015
Jorussia:
If it was in oversea now,all he needs is to be confined to a Rehab center.Anyway,if you don't mind,follow me back, please.
True that.
Done that
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by may01(f): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2015
jascon1:
he made the rain that wet up his igboh. There are better things to do with money. Charly boy can fix him up while we manage our resources on our own coming rains
grin He wants you to partake in the blessings
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Maxymilliano(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2015
Mariojane:

He is a multi- talented artiste of international repute,

Majek was indeed multi-talented, and a gift to lovers of good music.

Still remembered vividly how he joined international stars like Jimmy cliff and Tracy Chapman on a tour of major American cities, perfoming and drawing accolades.

Sad, sad, sad ...
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by jascon1(m): 11:35am On Jul 08, 2015
may01:

grin He wants you to partake in the blessings
I just stepped over that lol. There's little or nothing u can do for Majek now. Looking at that picture u will know that the man is completely washed up. Nigerians can't do more than his children or wife. If they decided to move on, is cos' they have tried and told themselves the truth. Soon Charly will run away. He is only using this man to stay relevant in the industry.
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by may01(f): 11:40am On Jul 08, 2015
jascon1:
I just stepped over that lol. There's little or nothing u can do for Majek now. Looking at that picture u will know that the man is completely washed up. Nigerians can't do more than his children or wife. If they decided to move on, is cos' they have tried and told themselves the truth. Soon Charly will run away. He is only using this man to stay relevant in the industry.
He can be helped. I'm sure Nigeria has rehabilitation centers (NGOs), where he can be admitted. He also needs our prayers and good wishes
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Jorussia(m): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
may01:

True that.
Done that
yeah,i have seen it.which new method do you think the world should employ for cases of unlawful drug usage,since interception has not produced the needed results?
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by may01(f): 11:51am On Jul 08, 2015
Jorussia:
yeah,i have seen it.which new method do you think the world should employ for cases of unlawful drug usage,since interception has not produced the needed results?
Certain measures can be put in place like talent hunts, providing jobs, bringing education to the grassroots etc.
Note that the decision to stay away from drugs is a personal one and that no matter what is done there'll still be drug addicts
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by Jorussia(m): 12:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
may01:

Certain measures can be put in place like talent hunts, providing jobs, bringing education to the grassroots etc.
Note that the decision to stay away from drugs is a personal one and that no matter what is done there'll still be drug addicts
I don't think any of the measures you suggested above will change the current tide. Forexample, it is on record that most people who take hard drugs like cocaine and heroin are educated and financially comfortable. To me,i believe that consumption of hard drugs have something to do more with "Spiritual manipulations" than physical actions. I have followed several testimonies from people who were once drug addicts in the Us and they all came out of this mess by encountering the light of JESUS Christ.Most drug addicts go into rehab,come out of it,and they return to drug addiction.
Re: Charly Boy Begs Nigerians To Help Majek Fashek by may01(f): 1:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jorussia:
I don't think any of the measures you suggested above will change the current tide. Forexample, it is on record that most people who take hard drugs like cocaine and heroin are educated and financially comfortable. To me,i believe that consumption of hard drugs have something to do more with "Spiritual manipulations" than physical actions. I have followed several testimonies from people who were once drug addicts in the Us and they all came out of this mess by encountering the light of JESUS Christ.Most drug addicts go into rehab,come out of it,and they return to drug addiction.
People who are financially comfortable but still do drugs do so out of depression, loneliness, to come out of misery, to forget about their issues for a while etc.
Don't get me wrong, my answer was about the misguided little ones doing drugs at the peak of their life, thinking they're enjoying. And education doesn't always have to be formal, it could be informal smiley

(1) (Reply)

Davido Flies In Emirates First Class To The US. / Us Based Nigerian Rapper Jidenna Open Letter To Nigerians / Adunni Ade Shows Off Back Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.