Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal (58935 Views)

Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. / FG To Earn $2bn From New Cash Call Policy / Dasuki: GEJ Ordered Me To Share N10Billion To PDP Delegates - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by UrennaNkoli(f): 3:05pm On Jul 08, 2015
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/08/jonathan-ordered-me-to-withdraw-2bn-from-eca-to-pay-fuel-subsidy-okonjo-iweala/

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Nigeria’s former minister of finance said on Tuesday night that the $2 billion she was alleged to have withdrawn from Excess Crude Account without authorisation was used to pay for fuel subsidy on the instruction of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

She however said the issue was discussed at the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), a statutory body which is chaired by the Minister of State for Finance in which all the states are represented.

The former Minister however said FAAC did not approve the withdrawal.
It will be recalled that Nigerian state governors had after the inauguration of the National Economic Council about two weeks ago accused Okonjo-Iweala of spending $2 billion from the ECA, a pool of funds which belonged to the three tiers of government.

Adams Oshiomole, the governor of Edo state told journalists that there has been a depletion in the funds from $4.1 billion as at November 2014 to $2.1 billion, even when there was no authorisation for any withdrawal from the funds known to state chief executives.

The governors had subsequently set up a committee made up of four of their members to investigate the withdrawals.

“Payments made were used for paying for petroleum subsidies for the Nigerian people and were approved by Mr President,” Iweala said in a statement issued by Paul Nwaibuikwu, her media assistant.

“Therefore there is no question of mismanaging any resources here,” she added

Okonjo-Iweala also said FAAC did not approve such expenditures, but “that all these expenditures were discussed at FAAC meetings attended by Finance Commissioners from the 36 states.”
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/07/08/jonathan-ordered-me-to-withdraw-2bn-from-eca-to-pay-fuel-subsidy-okonjo-iweala/

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Ofeakwu(m): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2015
[img][/img].

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Hassan080196(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
Truth is now coming out....to pay fuel subsidy? And yet,Nigerians didn't perceive any changes.

144 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Panshow(m): 3:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
It's not the matter of whether GEJ told you to use the money or not. Has it been documented? If it were documented I'm sure we'll not be here talking about it cos it would've been on record.
Now the question is how did GEJ ordered you to use the money? Via text, hand written letter? Phone call? Verbal Communication? Or which means?

389 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Leave this woman alone for crying out loud..

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by moneytalks86(m): 3:11pm On Jul 08, 2015
G

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
“Therefore there is no question of mismanaging any resources here,” she added
angry

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
moneytalks86:
G
G is for G-string..

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by DaBullIT(m): 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
I'm confused Did GEJ order that before or after he was kicked out?

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by BossTtdiamonds(m): 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
Really funny.. really really funny....

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Spandy(m): 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
Good, keep the revelations coming

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by BabaO2: 3:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
so jonathan can singlehandedly instruct okonjo iweala to transfer 60% money in ECA to his personal overseas account and 10% to Madams's account as tip for good job done without FAAC approval..This is dead penalty offence in china. No wonder jonathan left country for overseas immediately he was ousted to properly keep track of all the transfers made on his behalf.

164 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Dannyset(m): 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hehe!
I don't want to say this woman is dumb. I tot she initially said she didn't touch any money? why is now shivering with the truth? Jonathan ordered u without the consent of ur committee of looters(FAAC), and u consented as the dunce that u are, knowing full well that ur the coordinating minister. You just declared ursef useless with this statement. It is better u retract dis statement and be probed than to still append it and still be probed.
THIEVES. Na Malaysia we go go sentence una.

201 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by MzJackBaueress(f): 3:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
The money was used to pay for subsidies yet the marketers complained of money being owed by the FG?

Someone is obviously lying!

123 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by MzJackBaueress(f): 3:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
BabaO2:
so jonathan can singlehandedly instruct okonjo iweala to transfer 60% money in ECA to his personal overseas account and 10% to Madams's account as tip for good job done without FAAC approval..This is dead penalty offence in china. No wonder jonathan left country for overseas immediately he was ousted to properly keep track of all the transfers made on his behalf.
as long as the monies were not kept in another planet the money must be recovered.

Jonathan na real baban barawo!!

Lalasticlala

126 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by ManMountain(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
BabaO2:

They would be thrown to wild animals in China to devour.

43 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by jaybee3(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
The money was used to pay for subsidies yet the marketers complained of money being owed by the FG?

Looks like they have reconciled the account twice by the look of things.

Someone is definitely lying i tell ya

On one hand, NNPC also claimed to have deducted money for PMS subsidy and on the other Hand, GEJ apparently did authorize money to be withdrawn from the ECA account for exactly the same thing.

We also heard claims of how the money was withdrawn to fund Sure P or whatever

Omo mehn, this kain thing fit make persin weak

Phew!

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Maxymilliano(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jonathan couldn't have ordered withdrawal of such humongous amount verbally without any documentation or recourse to statutory provisions ...

Except I'm missing something in her riposte .

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by tiger28: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
Tydies:
Leave this woman alone for crying out loud..
"she is our own" syndrome. When will Nigerians start being objective without ethnic sentiments? ?

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by dustmalik: 3:34pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hehehehe the truth is gradually coming out. Interesting days ahead.

25 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Skako(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Pls which subsidy?d 1 u hav been removed or what?
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by dustmalik: 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is the kind of thread that the saTANoids avoid.

104 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ok

Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked ORDERED shocked

Subsidy that does not exist shocked

Over to President Muhammadu Buhari to commence doing the needful grin

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Burger01(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
...to pay fictitious subsidy undecided

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by danpaul1(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

U are probably the liar

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by change49ja: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
BabaO2:

You're so on point with the bolded. This revelation is just an introduction from Madam Okonjo Iweala....Get your front seat and popcorns ready for more...

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by skihacker(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hope we hear more intriguing stories

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by holyboss: 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
confession

cc - justwise , disguy , Seun , lalasticlala , BIKO - kindly reduce my ban in travel section '2019 is a long time'. av deactivated d account the lead to the ban..

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by sanandreas(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Allay your fears.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Johnnoo(m): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2015
Here we go again Madam Minister undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by IYANGBALI: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ghen ghen jonathan and Ngo are in twuobu grin

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Tinubu Congratulates Atiku, Welcomes Former VP To Presidential Contest / Yusuf Buhari & Zahra Ado Start Pre-Wedding Activities With Polo Tournament / Goodluck Jonathan Founded Niger-Delta Avengers – Ex-Militants' Leader, Akpodoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.