Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal (58920 Views)

Suspended NIA DG, Oke, Admits Jonathan Ordered Release Of $289m. / FG To Earn $2bn From New Cash Call Policy / Dasuki: GEJ Ordered Me To Share N10Billion To PDP Delegates - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by guardsman: 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
Hahahaha d stealing is not corruption camp hav started singing. I would be surprised if GEJ & dis woman who superitended over d most massive looting of our national treasury in history escape jail. 
Sorry madam co-ordinating minister when d probes begin, there will be no where to hide ur sticky fingers 4 u & ur oga at d top. Kirikiri straaaaaight!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by hamilton62(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
so because she has intergrity,for that she is untouchable? NOI lost her intergrity the moment she started looting money for Jonathan.
She must face the law! Period!!!
Your problem i now see is hatred... you have no proof but assuming.
If she isn't reputable why did she run on 3 administrations even the Worst as proven by the international corruption organisation that OBJ was...
I rest my case now because i see your driving force now hatred .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Ayietim(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
I have seen people who complain a lot,
despite having achieved so much.
The reason they complain is simple,
they have failed to count their blessings.
Most of us are so successful, we take thanksgiving for granted,
but the world is ruled by laws, achieving success and maintaining same, is not exempted.
Be grateful for every good thing,
when it's going bad, keep believing, build your surrounding, with thanksgiving.
Hello my friend, now, let's pause,
appreciate all you have, start with your job,
appreciate your employers,
they have given you a wonderful opportunity, to learn and to grow into a winner, instead of being yet another loser. http://ayietim.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Joeoku78: 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Panshow:
It's not the matter of whether GEJ told you to use the money or not. Has it been documented? If it were documented I'm sure we'll not be here talking about it cos it would've been on record.
Now the question is how did GEJ ordered you to use the money? Via text, hand written letter? Phone call? Verbal Communication? Or which means?
I buy your idea. Buhari should equally probe jonathan on this issue of misappropriation of public money
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by heywhytech1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jetjacky:
I liked and quoted your post. Because you wrote reasonably. But iI must not overlook your faults. I do not back corrupt leaders, I only look for the best in all person whether good or bad, and according to the situation.

Not because i believe someone is bad, I won't believe there are times they can be good too.

On her case, till she is found guilty, and the persons lying have been fishes out, on this particular topic, iI can not cast stones. Or it might be an innocent.

I believe you're learned and would catch my drift in this dialogue
. You see, am not persecuting her until she proved guilty, but let the truth be told NOI hards are not clean secondly it's very obvious with the manner she is being addressing this issue since Gov.Adams made that statement.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by semitunde: 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
jaybee3:

You just have to marvel at the sheer amount arrogance these lots use in looting the country

So many inconsistencies and the sad thing is nothing is going to come about any future probe or whatever since any attempt will be viewed as witch-hunting/persecution against tribe/minority/religion

Exactly!

And beyond that I think part of the reason that the governors have not really gone full steam on this is the fact that they knew where the money went - on paper, but cannot trust NOI and by extention GEJ on the actual use of it.

NOI has been mouthing that the governor's FIN SECs were there but the governors insisted that they didn't know about such appropriation.

The link here is that they wanted NOI to admit that the money was NOT approved by the FAAC and hence the governor's reps didn't need to inform them of the eventual use.

I'm sure they will start tightening the noose on her from here.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Jetjacky(m): 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
But y e b say you no dey like engage for this kind dialogue??
Freemanan:

Whether she is lying or saying the truth, I think this will yield effect so WE shouldn't EXPECT anything to come from this..
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Ochiske(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
holyboss:
confession

cc - justwise , disguy , Seun , lalasticlala , BIKO - kindly reduce my ban in travel section '2019 is a long time'. av deactivated d account the lead to the ban..

hahahahahahahahahahahagringringrin this guy you don kill me
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by yemi005: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jetjacky:
And you were there when she was looting the money!!? sad

An integrity lost can be gained back. You speak with so much hate, so much so, I fear you can halm the innocent while seeking for your kind of justice
not in the case of NOI.
If you know her personally,you better tell her to bring back all the monies she looted. As for your last sentence,na you sabi o!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Creamz(m): 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
All monies spent in error or stolen is always used to pay for subsidies.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by hamilton62(m): 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
Joeoku78:

I buy your idea. Buhari should equally probe jonathan on this issue of misappropriation of public money
not misappropriation but null accountability in this
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by MzJackBaueress(f): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
hamilton62:

You problem i now see is hatred... you have no proof but assuming.
If she isn't reputable why did she run on 3 administrations even the Worst as proven by the international corruption organisation that OBJ was...
someone stole my country's money and I shouldn't hate? You no well!

No TANoid should quote me any further.

Ndi ara!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by semitunde: 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
bettercreature:
And why she waited till this long?they probably embezzled the money

Maybe not embezzle. She didn't want to admit that the money was not approved cause that would make her culpable.

But with the governors starting to make a meal of what they know already, I'm sure she saw where this was going and decided to come out before hand.

Smart thing to do honestly.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Jetjacky(m): 4:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Exactly. That's what I saw.

Maybe she couldn't loot her own that's why she is angry the lady from her opinion looted without given her a penny cheesy

hamilton62:

You problem i now see is hatred... you have no proof but assuming.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by AZeD1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
barcanista:
I deliberately used FEC because before any decision is made, the Executive through Mr President or members of the council will first give the go-ahead. As long as the said money was spent on subsidy then the governors should direct their demands to the FG and not officers of government. Iwaela is not finance minister personified neither is GEJ President personified. You can only cry if the said money was diverted to personal accounts of the former officials.

This is another big lie.
Also the governors will direct their demands to her because FEC does not have the power to authorize withdrawals from the ECA. You can't delegate powers you don't have.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Adminisher: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Ole. Thief. Barawo. You withdrew money to pay PDP members.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by hamilton62(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
Jetjacky:
Exactly. That's what I saw.

Maybe she couldn't loot her own that's why she is angry the lady from her opinion looted without given her a penny cheesy

lol, she is just bitter at her office...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by jaybee3(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2015
This is the norm according to NNPC

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by native2(f): 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Tydies:
Leave this woman alone for crying out loud..
sentiments will not bring us the desired solution. Let's know the true position of things. Nobody should be the sacred goat again we have suffered enough
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by hush15: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
Panshow:
It's not the matter of whether GEJ told you to use the money or not. Has it been documented? If it were documented I'm sure we'll not be here talking about it cos it would've been on record.
Now the question is how did GEJ ordered you to use the money? Via text, hand written letter? Phone call? Verbal Communication? Or which means?

c'mon, cut the woman some slack. She just said GEJ instructed her to use part of the ECA fund to pay subsidy. Then Buhari should proceed to invite the ex President and hear his own part. Irrespective of means of communication. A president's word is as good as any letter to be carried out, not mention during emergency or intercession.

However, what is wrong in paying subsidy. Wasn't that Nigerians wanted? Do Nigerians prefer we owe to pay a debt? Had he not pay the debt, we all know the impact. Some of you were already buying fuel at N500 per litre. Rather than joining voices in rebuking the oil marketers, Nigerians prefer to insult the presidency for trying to mediate a problem that was some sort of blackmail.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Jetjacky(m): 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
And where would I bring it to? Your house? undecided
MzJackBaueress:
not in the case of NOI.
If you know her personally,you better tell her to bring back all the monies she looted. As for your last sentence,na you sabi o!
what is a TANoid?
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Nichobabe(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
This film go tough

Bad man is in trouble. Will he die? The actor is coming O.

Make I go take my pop corn and wait for part 2.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Adminisher: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
Tydies:
Leave this woman alone for crying out loud..

Because she is Ibo. Tribalism has killed this country. No wonder Dr Clueless is still twitting sweet stuff like some Nigerian Mandela. So by the level of your reasoning now Buhari and clique should just chop their own and run.
From now on I think Europe should stop taking immigrants from Africa . If they cannot fight their corrupt leaders they should stay where they are.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by hamilton62(m): 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
someone stole my country's money and I shouldn't hate? You no well!

No TANoid should quote me any further.

Ndi ara!
nwanne madu, i dont know who is a TANoid neither am i... i am an APC Councillor aspirant in APC but let us say the truth... because you think it, doesn't make it right, let the probe unveil skeletons in her cupboard if there be...
agugor awu g'ike (denial doesn't fault one till confirmed)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
AZeD1:

This is another big lie.
Also the governors will direct their demands to her because FEC does not have the power to authorize withdrawals from the ECA. You can't delegate powers you don't have.
The government acted based on National interest. Was any law broken? No....because ECA in the first place is alien to our laws. If money was $4.1billion and FG removed $2billion to offset subsidy claims, what the States need to do is to demand that the $2billion be removed from the FG's overall share of the $4billion. This isn't a matter between states and officers of government. Haba

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by guardsman: 4:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okonjo-Iweala also said FAAC did not approve such expenditures,

dis is enough evidence to commit dis woman who superinteded over d most massive looting of our national treasury in history to jail.
d rot in her ministry, our ECA, NNPC etc under her watch as coordinating minister of d economy stinks to d high heavens. Our govt corporations, infrastructure etc built over many years & generations & dat should rightly belong to our children & grand children were shamelessly shared within a cabal of govt sponsors in deals dat reek of corruption & infamy. Mr president, let d probes begin & they will sing.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by phransix147(m): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
Segadem:
Three question 4 u; Who is Subsidy?grin = GEJ/Ngo What has s/he done wrong?grin = Stole Where will s/he gogrin = Jail
There are my answers!
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by nduchucks: 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
anonimi:
I hope this story is NOT true.

There is nothing unbelievable about this story and only a blind man or one in denial would be oblivious to the fact that GEJ's campaign was financed by these kinds of illegal withdrawals.

I hope you'd agree with me that, if this story turns out to be true, both GEJ and Iweala should be prosecuted. Lets put tribalism and politics aside for a minute - acts such as these should not go unpunished. It is slowly becoming clearer why PEJ was urging her supporters to vote for her husband because she does not want her husband in prison.

I sincerely hope GEJ would clear this up ASAP, else he may be the first past head of state to go to jail.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
phransix147:
$2b for subsidy? Subsidy must go...
There is nothing like subsidy. It's a scam.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by chukwubyk: 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
We are talking about the one we just discovered, what about the ones she and Jonathan had withdrawn for the past seven to eight years? This is an evidence that this woman and her co-hots have emptied the treasury this country.
Re: Jonathan Ordered Me To Withdraw $2bn From ECA To Pay Fuel Subsidy – Okonjo-iweal by Theanointed3(f): 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2015
Confession! Confession! Confession. Jonah + Ngo = Probe them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photos; Bukola Saraki Poses With The Elected Principal Officers Of The Senate / Policemen Who Took Photos With Nnamdi Kanu To Be Punished ‎– IGP Idris / Man Narrates What Soldiers Did To Residents Of Rivers Community. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.