Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN (499 Views)

I Am Under Custody, My Wife And Children Have Fled Home, Says Adeleke's Nurse / Ben Bruce Poses With Plane Ojukwu Left Nigeria With & Fled To Ivory Coast / Is This What Nigerians Have Been Reduced To?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by metronaija: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2015
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) has said that about 16,000 Nigerians have fled the north eastern parts of the country seeking refuge in neighbouring Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

This statistics was contained in a statement signed by Kori Habib, UNFPA Media Associate in Nigeria as part of the activities to mark the 2015 World Population Day scheduled for July 11.

The statement read “Nigeria has about 1.5 million Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) largely due to communal conflicts and insurgencies in the north eastern part.

“The majority of the IDPs are women, children and elderly and 52 per cent of the IDPs are estimated to be children under the age of 18 years.”

The National Population Commission (NPC) with the UNFPA and other stakeholders has also revealed plans to celebrate this year’s world population day with the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the North East.

In a statement issued by the Director of Press, Simon Otene, the commission said “The theme of the 2015 WPD is of crucial relevance and timely to Nigeria. It’s been reported that about 167,000 Nigerians have fled the North-East because of insurgency to take refuge in the neighbouring countries of Niger, Chad and Cameroon.

“The National Population Commission, in collaboration with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), partners and stakeholders, has lined up series of activities for the commemoration of the 2015 WPD.”

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/16000-nigerians-have-fled-north-east-un.html

cc: lalasticlala
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by teewhydope(m): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2015
angry
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2015
Boko haram remains a problem of d north by d north and for d north.
Only pity those innocent ones dat re bin killed and displaced all becos of power play.
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2015
teewhydope:
angry
U dhe mad!
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2015
still counting...
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by teewhydope(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

I dhe mad!

I know, just get well soon smiley
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by DuchessLily(f): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
Hmmm.... Moi and family inclusive

God I thank u ooo
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by Israel5(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2015
We know. The influx of ths northeners in the middlebelt is giving me cause to worry o. Cant they go enmasse to yoruba or igboland? Those ones going out shld go ne'er come back. More will join them IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME. Dirty and useless set of people(islamic fulahausas). I cnt share a country with them no more. Quote me and die.
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by donholy28(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2015
yet millions of votes came from that side...massive rigging was involved
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by ElekeNtioba: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
@metronaija how can i buy shares in this ur newsmedia?? Its really blowing up.
@topic....as long as they dont run to d south....no qualms.
Re: 16,000 Nigerians Have Fled North-east - UN by just4kelvin(m): 2:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
oh my dear country, when will thou regain peace? when shall thou stand and face the problems thou is facing, when shall thy youth be empowered and granted employment? when when when? when will thou be settled.

(1) (Reply)

Govs Blackmailed Buhari To Accept Bailout -LP / Osun Labour Unions Suspend Strike, Sign Mou With Govt. / Police Summon Ondo PDP Lawmakers To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.