Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. (17030 Views)

Gov. Wike Renames Port Harcourt Polytechnic As Elechi Amadi Polytechnic / How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal / Governor Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Tomjazzy2: 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
loadedmax:
Why not rename the state university in ph instead of the polytechnich in Bori?

akin to giving Ken a local hero status
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by ERODEDEAST(f): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
belamour:
Bam Implementation
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
loadedmax:
The state University should be left as it is abeg.
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by OboloMAN: 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wike is working

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by agabaI23(m): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2015
atlwireles:
"Harder yet may be the fight;
right may often yield to might.

Satan’s cause may seem to gain.
But there’s a God that rules above
with hand of power and heart of love;
and if I’m right, he’ll fight my battle.

I shall have peace someday".

Charles Albert Tindley
I like.

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Owoplenty(m): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
gba.....m!
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by OboloMAN: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
loadedmax:

Ken-Saro was a hero , Naming the polytecnic in his home town BORI after him was the right thing to do.

In the nearest future Federal University Otuoke will be Renamed after GoodLuck Jonathan.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by davo3286: 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
Wow, I love this!

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by AreaFada2: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
loadedmax:

In 5 weeks, he has done this. Odili & Amaechi in nearly 16 years couldn't do anything close.
Moreover, Bori is in Ogoni area, so very appropriate.

As for Pseudo-Mallam Amaechi, he dare not offend his Northern masters by doing anything close.

Buhari won't like anyone reminding us of Abacha's brutality.

Abacha never stole: GMB.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by canalily(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
O gala imegheri nowembarassed he no go do important thing now! Let him build something new and gv that name aftersad
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by butanep(m): 7:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
Nice move...

Right decision at the right time...

The way wike is going now, he might be better than Amaechi...

Saro- wiwa was a hero... He deserve to be immortalized...

5 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by famzynet: 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2015
tunwumi:
School name for politics is no no for me. Can't he establish a new one and give the name to it? Is rivers saturated with schools?
Nice point
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Godfullsam(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Very good development kiss

The labour of our HEROES past must never be in vain.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Duletion(m): 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Great thinking from Wike, amaechi and his co-travellers should be swept under the rug.

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by ZYZZA: 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Please wike should rename one public toilet in honour of amaechi grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by hamilton62(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
loadedmax:
Why not rename the state university in ph instead of the polytechnic in Bori?
because charity begins at home and that is Ken Saro wiwa's home institute

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by anwe: 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
skyface00:
U can't woo ppl with all these lols

you may not like him, but his decisions are worthy of note. KUBS was a great son of Africa & should be recognized as such. And this is the 1st time he has been properly recognized, we are still waiting for MKO's recognition.
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by amnesty7: 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
What of a living legend in person of the selfless, humble, erudite and globally acclaimed freedom fighter Dokubo Asari? He deserves such an honour too.
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by sochima1989(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
do we call this honour.? d only honour here is to bring to pass dat which he fought for
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by HopeAtHand: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Truth be told, Igbos hate Saro-Wiwa because he scuttled Biafra.

Nnamdi Kanu and his bunch of f00ls in Aba will by now have heard of the direct statement by the governor of Rivers State as regards Biafra
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Celebrity05(m): 8:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
fatdon2:
Rivers State Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, has renamed the State Polytechnic, Bori, after the late author and environmental rights activist from Ogoniland, Ken Saro- Wiwa. Wike explained that renaming of the institution, located in Bori, Khana Local Government Area, Ken Saro- Wiwa Polytechnic was in honour of the late activist’s achievements and legacies. The governor, who disclosed this in a
statement issued in Port Harcourt on Thursday, said Saro-Wiwa fought selflessly for the good of the society and humanity. He explained that the former Ogoni leader and his achievement should not be consigned to oblivion, saying Saro-Wiwa was known and revered beyond the shores of Nigeria. “In honour of his monumental achievements and legacies, the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, has renamed the Rivers State Polytechnic in Bori as Ken Ule Beeson Saro-Wiwa Polytechnic. “The memories of avatars like the late Saro-Wiwa, who fought selflessly for the betterment of society and humanity should not be consigned to oblivion, more so, when such personalities are revered beyond the shores of the country,” Wike said in the statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Sir, Opunabo Inko-Tariah.
www.punchng.com/news/wike-renames-rivers-poly-after-saro-wiwa/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by discusant: 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
AreaFada2:

In 5 weeks, he has done this. Odili & Amaechi in nearly 16 years couldn't do anything close.
Moreover, Bori is in Ogoni area, so very appropriate.

As for Pseudo-Mallam Amaechi, he dare not offend his Northern masters by doing anything close.

Buhari won't like anyone reminding us of Abacha's brutality.

Abacha never stole: GMB.

I can't add further other than that Buhari was a close confidant of Abacha when Ken Saro Wiwa was hanged by Abacha regime.

Wike has just dared Buhari whose influence is sagging day aftef day because of his punitive presidency.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by brainpower(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
tunwumi:
School name for politics is no no for me. Can't he establish a new one and give the name to it? Is rivers saturated with schools?

You don't have to criticize everything my brother. Do you know how much it would cost to establish a new higher institution? What about salary issues? The man is from Ogoni Land and the school is located there as well and therefore even if he establishes a new school, it is most proper to rename this particular one after him.

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by porka: 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
tunwumi:
[size=13pt]

Who are you?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by islandmoon: 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
that was a lazy attempt to fool the people of Ogoniland, River State is rich, i suggest wike build a fresh /new institution and name it after him!

naming Old Rivers State polytechnic after him is a dumb move!
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Tompolo1: 8:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good one Wike.Ken Saro Wiwa cannot be forgotten.The struggle to emancipate the niger delta must continue.

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Kingspin(m): 8:59pm On Jul 09, 2015
Am not from PH. But i love this move by Wike. Saro-wiwa is a hero despite been murder by enemies of progress. Nigeria must remain in chains pending when justices come.

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by donpope1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
elobyobi:
chai. students be like "I attend KUBS Poly" grin
and which kind name be Beeson? im palee dey sell honey?
I think KENSA POLY makes more sense.
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Had it b that Amechi did this, Wike for revert it and tag it fraudulent.

Wike na bad guy.
Why naming a school in Saro wiwa backyard after him. If u want to show immortalization , why not name the state university in Town after him
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
tunwumi:
I guess you are brainless. I pity your parents

1 Like

Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
I'm a man of ideals; a man values. My ideals shall live. You may kill the messenger, but you cannot kill the message- Ken Saro - Wiwa, shortly before he was murdered by the midget who BUBU said never stole.

This is indeed a welcome development. Ken remains one my greatest inspirations.
Re: Wike Renames Rivers Poly After Saro-wiwa. by horlabiyi(m): 9:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good move from you Chief Wike. RIP to Ken

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Direct Entry Into Pharmacy In Nigeria Universities / 2009 JUNE/JULY NECO Result Released. / UNILAG SSANU, NASU Protest Against Strike Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.