Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

What Is The Difference - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference (2584 Views)

Telephone Conversation Between Men And Women. (the Difference Is Clear) / The Difference Between The Pullout Method And Condoms Might Surprise You / What Is The Difference Between Someone High On Weed, A Drunkard And A Mad Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
am confused,pls what differenciate dating from courtship?
Re: What Is The Difference by Olumyco(m): 11:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
PURPOSE.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2015
The reason.

One is a means to an end.
The other is the end to a means.
Re: What Is The Difference by Olumyco(m): 11:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
The purpose of dating is to sample, do trial and error to see if a person suites u. It is done b4 a marriage proposal is made.

The purpose of courtship is to know more about d person you want to marry, plan ur marital life and wedding day. It is done after a marriage proposal has been made.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference by Godskidmidas(m): 11:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dating na boyfriend

Courting na fiance

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference by Godskidmidas(m): 11:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
The reason.

Guy how far na

Wetin you dey talk?
Re: What Is The Difference by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
The Spelling.......obviously grin
Re: What Is The Difference by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
Godskidmidas:

Guy how far na

Wetin you dey talk?
grin
It is a riddle for the wise to decode shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference by Starships4u(m): 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dating and courtship are same things in different terms...... Some people take "dating" as worldly but take "courtship" as churchly.....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Starships4u:
Dating and courtship are same things in different terms......
Some people take "dating" as worldly but take "courtship" as churchly.....
elucidate better please
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
Olumyco:
The purpose of dating is to sample, do trial and error to see if a person suites u. It is done b4 a marriage proposal is made.

The purpose of courtship is to know more about d person you want to marry, plan ur marital life and wedding day. It is done after a marriage proposal has been made.
i love ur response,thanks bro but judging 4rm ur post,does that mean one shudlnt be serious when dating since it is meant 4 sampling??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
Godskidmidas:
Dating na boyfriend

Courting na fiance
ok.dat means if i av a galfriend and wana get married 2 ha,she automatically bekums mai fiancee?
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
The reason.
One is a means to an end. The other is the end to a means.

cud u pls clarify bro??
Re: What Is The Difference by Gurgle(f): 11:54pm On Jul 09, 2015
Andropod:
i love ur response,thanks bro but judging 4rm ur post,does that mean one shudlnt be serious when dating since it is meant 4 sampling??

dating starts off as not too serious but can become so after a while when the couple start to realize they could be married in future

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2015
BoluGabriel:
The Spelling.......obviously grin
what hapen 2 d spellings?
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Gurgle:

dating starts off as not too serious but can become so after a while when the couple start to realize they could be married in future
hmmm.ok but what bugs me is why shud d unseriousness characterize the dating scene?
Re: What Is The Difference by Godskidmidas(m): 11:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
Andropod:
ok.dat means if i av a galfriend and wana get married 2 ha,she automatically bekums mai fiancee?
She becomes your fiancee when you propose to her. And that period between when you proposed and the period you finally get married is known as courtship period

Hope say I never misyan oo

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference by Gurgle(f): 12:00am On Jul 10, 2015
Andropod:
hmmm.ok but what bugs me is why shud d unseriousness characterize the dating scene?

it depends on the people involved and what they want to get out of it

from a religious perspective it would be wrong to engage in a relationship if you cant see yourself marrying the person

some people just do it for the sex

some people just need somebody to show to their friends

some people are just bored

all of those are unserious reasons, making the dating unserious

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:02am On Jul 10, 2015
Godskidmidas:

She becomes your fiancee when you propose to her. And that period between when you proposed and the period you finally get married is known as courtship period

Hope say I never misyan oo
thanks bro...bt what abt people dat hook up with others and plan marriage immediately,wat kan we cal theirs

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2015
Andropod:
cud u pls clarify bro??
it is a riddle.
How do you expect me to clarify a riddle
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2015
Gurgle:

it depends on the people involved and what they want to get out of it

from a religious perspective it would be wrong to engage in a relationship if you cant see yourself marrying the person

some people just do it for the sex

some people just need somebody to show to their friends

some people are just bored

all of those are unserious reasons, making the dating unserious
u ar right...d religious perspective though...citing myself,neva had a gf b4 and i planned on having one when i bekum an undagraduate,am a christian,wud it be wrng 4 me 2 have a gf since i dnt knw if we are gonna end up 2geda in marriage?
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:07am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
it is a riddle.
How do you expect me to clarify a riddle
please bro,atleast 4 d sake of a confused mind.
Re: What Is The Difference by Godskidmidas(m): 12:09am On Jul 10, 2015
Andropod:
thanks bro...bt what abt people dat hook up with others and plan marriage immediately,wat kan we cal theirs
We call it hook up

But seriously there'll be a period between when they plan to get married and when they eventually get married.That period is the courtship period. You meet someone today and you both agree to get married next month. The period between now and next month is courtship.
So it's possible to marry someone without really dating the person,but the same can't be said of courtship.It's always gon happen
Re: What Is The Difference by Gurgle(f): 12:10am On Jul 10, 2015
Andropod:
u ar right...d religious perspective though...citing myself,neva had a gf b4 and i planned on having one when i bekum an undagraduate,am a christian,wud it be wrng 4 me 2 have a gf since i dnt knw if we are gonna end up 2geda in marriage?

I don't think its wrong because of course, nobody knows for sure

what I mean is, if you enter into a relationship with a girl who you don't intend to remain with long term, ie youre just with her for sex, that would be wrong

if you get into the relationship with a good intention and then your feelings or attitudes towards each other change, leading you to break up, then that's different

I just remember at church being told so many times not to get into a relationship with someone if you know for sure there is no chance of marriage

like for me a non-Christian would be a no-go area
Re: What Is The Difference by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
The reason.
well, in one, they are doing it because of something else. In the second, they are doing something else because of it. grin
Clarification finished. Who can solve this riddle?
Andropod:
please bro,atleast 4 d sake of a confused mind.
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
well, in one, they are doing it because of something else. In the second, they are doing something else because of it. grin
Clarification finished. Who can solve this riddle?
am puzzled
Re: What Is The Difference by Godskidmidas(m): 12:13am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin
It is a riddle for the wise to decode shocked
Riddle ko needle ni angry
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:14am On Jul 10, 2015
Gurgle:

I don't think its wrong because of course, nobody knows for sure

what I mean is, if you enter into a relationship with a girl who you don't intend to remain with long term, ie youre just with her for sex, that would be wrong

if you get into the relationship with a good intention and then your feelings or attitudes towards each other change, leading you to break up, then that's different

I just remember at church being told so many times not to get into a relationship with someone if you know for sure there is no chance of marriage

like for me a non-Christian would be a no-go area
gud explanation.thank u veri much...ur comment is appreciated madam
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:15am On Jul 10, 2015
Godskidmidas:
Riddle ko needle ni angry
lol....actualy bro,i dnt seem to get his post
Re: What Is The Difference by ronald4lif(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2015
Dating is a phase where the relationship is undefined and the lovebirds have an uncertain future while courtship is the stage where they have realized they share similar dreams and a pre-wedding phase.
Re: What Is The Difference by Gurgle(f): 12:24am On Jul 10, 2015
Andropod:
gud explanation.thank u veri much...ur comment is appreciated madam

you're very welcome dear. good luck with your admission and I hope you find the girl youre looking for
Re: What Is The Difference by Andropod(m): 12:25am On Jul 10, 2015
ronald4lif:
Dating is a phase where the relationship is undefined and the lovebirds have an uncertain future while courtship is the stage where they have realized they share similar dreams and a pre-wedding phase.
i love ur expantiation sir but since all of you are saying dating is uncertain and a bit unserious,what time and age do u think would favour dating

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Why You May Never Get A Good Husband (photo) / This Why You Dnt Treat People Dirty ( PIC ) / Why Do Some People Think About Themselves Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.