Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,943 members, 7,821,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? (34268 Views)

Owner Of Iphone 6 Sues Apple Over Unresponsive Touchscreens / Bephone Un030 Users Please Respond!!! / Nokia Prepares For Massive Comeback: Fans Keep Their Fingers Crossed - Newstac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Lexusgs430: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
jibbzion:

Gentle fellow, you were kindly asked to answer a question. The number of Nigerians failing exams these days are getting much. BTW, congrats on your FTC on a FPP.

Is it a crime to answer the question, the only way I see fit?
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by MrDoGood(m): 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
koice:

Sony Z2 and Z3 respond to the HB pencil, while all Samsung note series respond to the S pen. Chinese phones are known to respond to fabrics like clothes and nylon.
Guy you can lie oh........
I'm currently using Z3.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Karlman: 10:03pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:
Evrybody in this thread r idiots,d guy asked a question on what he observed bcoz he saw dat most fone especially d old chinko touch screens responds to anything even water but d latest ones don't except fingers and u guys starts typing rubish.if u don't know jst write "I was here,first to comment,jst passing,seen,etc." And leave not show y ur brain responds foolishly to good questions.

THATS WHAT U GET WHEN A FORUM IS FILLED WITH CHILDREN WHO STILL DEPEND ON THEIR MOTHER
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by neweraomo: 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
the same reason while u can only urinate with ur dick,why not through mouth or ass
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by leonard509(m): 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTERMAN:
Reasons Androids Respond Only To Fingers

I know we have a lot of genius and brilliant people in this place. Ok. This is my question. Why is it that phones like androids, ipad,ipod etc does not respond to other things like erazer, pen,plastic,metals etc but only to human fingers and body?
actually i can control my friend's techno m3 with controlled flow of water and sachet water.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by mubarak001(m): 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
Same way some babes moan while some don't... tongue
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by labamo07(m): 10:07pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:
Evrybody in this thread r idiots,d guy asked a question on what he observed bcoz he saw dat most fone especially d old chinko touch screens responds to anything even water but d latest ones don't except fingers and u guys starts typing rubish.if u don't know jst write "I was here,first to comment,jst passing,seen,etc." And leave not show y ur brain responds foolishly to good questions.
You are no exception to the group of idiots because you are part of the thread.....
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by dhappyking(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Forget all these long grammar and science. They will only confuse you more. The simple truth is that they a SMART devices and as such are meant to be smart in differentiating the touches.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by ibelong2efibody: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:

Some of u are monkey.

#Awilo
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Obere4u: 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
thinkdip:
it's a lie, have you tried your tongue? you'll be surprised if you do.
many people will try dis I swear!!! grin

Even the Penn.is
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Oluwaplumpie(m): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
SporaD8:
Do your research very well first.
Android phones respond to the follow - Negative end of tiger battery terminal, Banana stork or wet leaves stem, sachet silver foils(Gino sachet), etc
which ever object u try, make the contact point is wide enough like the eraser end of a pencil.
Lmao. There's no chill in the world.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by MustyJalam(m): 10:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
ignis:
Just Observing that now ... Nice Observation ...
.. Nice thing
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Oluwaplumpie(m): 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
tmanis:
mine responds to finger, back of spoon, pure water, orange peel, hot Eba, etc....

I've seen a review where someone played fruit ninja with a real knife on a z3
hahahahahahahahha! Jeez man!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Oluwaplumpie(m): 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
sonofananimalz:
angry

FIRST OF ALL, YOUR BRAIN ONLY RESPOND TO STUPIDITY undecided

SECONDARY: YOU AND THE OP HAVE AN IQ OF A MOSQUITO angry

THIRD : WHAT IS THE MEANING OF GOOGLE? undecided
I'm very sure it's 'secondly' as against ur 'secondary'. Cheers.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by 3kay945(m): 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
wheesin:
just the way your brain responds to asking foolish questions..

That isn't a foolish question. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by 3kay945(m): 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
elvision1:

tell me what's foolish about the question and i would tell you why your classmates never saw you as a threat.

grin grin

The dude must be regretting after seeing your post.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by scentmarlc(m): 10:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
DjAndroid:
Same reason some girls respond to money but don't respond to love.
gringrin badt boy
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by scentmarlc(m): 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
DjAndroid:
Same reason some girls respond to money but don't respond to love.
gringrin badt boy..
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by scentmarlc(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
wheesin:
come on that was harsh bro
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by RapLawd(m): 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTERMAN:
Reasons Androids Respond Only To Fingers

I know we have a lot of genius and brilliant people in this place. Ok. This is my question. Why is it that phones like androids, ipad,ipod etc does not respond to other things like erazer, pen,plastic,metals etc but only to human fingers and body?

Lie, other part of the body can do it as well, even something not rough can be used to operate phone, I do use my tongue to unlock my device when my hands are pre occupied...
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by chuks34(m): 10:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
my ƒoŗmęŗ HTC (wįŋdowş )ŗęşpoŋdş ţo pęŋ āŋd ƒįŋgęŗ ŋāįlş, bųţ doęşŋ'ţ ŗęşpoŋd ţo ţђųmb
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
MrDoGood:

Guy you can lie oh........
I'm currently using Z3.

Not 100% sure about the Z3 but I used to own Z2 and it was pencil compatible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by emperor94(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
Those phones respond to prints,both finger and toe... ur toe can operate ur phone...likewise every soft material that has fingerprints on it or wavy patterns just like prints.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by bigangel4u(m): 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
possibilita:

True talk jor. They think others must know what they know. Some of them don't even know the answer.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by expaboy(m): 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
wheesin:

Dude you re very saucy and rude.. How is his question foolish? He askd a very educative ques. Answer it? I bet u cant!!
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by expaboy(m): 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
RapLawd:

Lie, other part of the body can do it as well, even something not rough can be used to operate phone, I do use my tongue to unlock my device when my hands are pre occupied...

Oga abeg your other part of body and your tongue.. Are they not parts of your body? Can you people ever act and think smart?
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by AgentOfAllah: 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
RapLawd:

It would be less gross if you used your nose instead.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by elvision1(m): 12:05am On Jul 11, 2015
3kay945:

grin grin
The dude must be regretting after seeing your post.
lol,if u c am,tell am kpele
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by RapLawd(m): 12:09am On Jul 11, 2015
expaboy:

Oga abeg your other part of body and your tongue.. Are they not parts of your body? Can you people ever act and think smart?

Ehen,

And na the only thing that gat una attention be that

My post still serving it proposes...
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by RapLawd(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

It would be less gross if you used your nose instead.

Don't worry I'll use something else to make it more gross as par your suggestion
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 11, 2015
Idiot op,iit also reponds to ur tongue,try it.
Re: Why Do Touchscreens Respond Only To Fingers? by ihafiz17: 12:32am On Jul 11, 2015
D SOFT INNER PART OF A LOAF OF BREAD CARLIBRATES.LIKEWISE D WIRE OF UR CHARGER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Whatsapp Reintroduces The Old Text Status In The Latest Update / Top 10 Cheapest Android Phones In Nigeria Below ₦15,000 / Infinix Hot 7 And Infinix Hot 7 Pro Specs : Upcoming Infinix Smartphone In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.