Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

A Friend Need Your Advice. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Friend Need Your Advice. (423 Views)

A Friend Was Asked To Resign Because He Has A Company Of His Own. / My MD Slapped Me, Please I Need Your Advice / Please I Need Your Advice On What To Tell My Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Need Your Advice. by Ursinmind(m): 9:43am On Jul 10, 2015
I live and work in Abuja but because of every morning rush for transport I contracted a bike man to always take me to work. One thing lead to the other and we become friends, it was this our friendship that gave me the opportunity to know that he is a graduate and had to make up with Okada work because of unemployment issue in the country. Two months ago he told me he was going for interview with GT bank and just last month he told me that he passed the interview. The problem now is that he received his posting letter this morning and behold GT bank is sending him to Marduguri. Pls advice him, should he go with the situation of security in Marduguri.
Re: A Friend Need Your Advice. by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:59am On Jul 10, 2015
We would have advised u better if it was you.

Reasons: If you tell him not to go to Maiduguri, he might think you dont wish him well and if you tell him to go considering what is going on in the NE then you still dont wish him well.

I suggest you leave him to decide what is best for himself that is if it isnt you
Re: A Friend Need Your Advice. by kellyJames5(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2015
Considering the Economic condition in the country and the difficulty in getting another job,one may be tempted to advice him to go.

But,

There is an adage in Igbo that says;
"Aghara ndu kpaa aku,onye iro erea ya!"

*incase you don't understand it,use Google Translate. cheesy
Re: A Friend Need Your Advice. by Justjyde(m): 10:53am On Jul 10, 2015
It is all in the opportunity cost.

He is the only person to make that decision. If this job is worth the risk, then he goes ahead.

But if I was in his shoes, I'll think reaaaaaalllly deep and pray too.

(1) (Reply)

Law Students Corner; Think Internship / How Do I Go About It / Six Sigma Yellow Belt ----- 15,000 Instead Of 120,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.