Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji (87185 Views)

Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) / This Couple Graduated From High School In 2015, Got Married And Bought A House / A Nigerian Man Got Married To His Indian Girlfriend ( Pix Galleries) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by sonofananimalz: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Optionalx:
Odd and abnormal events make better headlines. Marring a picture is worthy to appear not only on social media but also on national tv free of charge because is against the norm. So stop beefing Linda joor, she only did the needful.
ALL THIS CHILDREN OF NAIRALAND. WHO SAY IT IS ABNORMAL undecided IT IS EVEN IN THE CONSTITUTION NATION WIDE. IF THE BRIDE IS NOT AVAILABLE DUE TO SOME REASON AND STILL INSIST THAT THE WEDDING SHOULD GO ONE, SOMETHING THAT SHOULD REPRESENT HIM MUST BE PRESENT. A PICTURE OF HIM IN FORM OF PORTRAIT IS RECOMMENDABLE.

YOU AND LINDA IKEJ AND THE LIKES OF NAIRALAND FOOLISH PEOPLE ARE ILLITERATE.

GO AND READ YOUR CONSTITUTION. angry

2 Likes

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by caesaraba(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
yokka:

Hahahahahah, bros no vex abeg na typo.

No yawa jaré.
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by yogun(f): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
Berra am single than perform this public show of shame.

been long i saw this, when i was young but whatever makes her happy
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by wiloy2k8(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

fulfilment - profession & family!
linda only has one of the two & don't kid yourself she's happy being single. no one is happy being single, that couldn't have been her plans when she was in her late teens.

there's no shortage of men in nigeria too so why is she unmarried? perhaps no sane nigerian man wants to walk the aisle with dan foster's sloppy seconds. grin cheesy grin what right has linda got to criticise another woman's wedding?

cos dats her job coogar .
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Collyno82(m): 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2015
ndidibabe:
Just because you are in a haste to ride his Peniss, that is the reason you chose to marry his Photo? Even if the Man can not afford a flight ticket to Nigeria, incapacitated or not allowed to leave work, what stops you from fixing an appropriate day for the wedding? It's shameful to marry this way. I consider it a total disregard for your parents and our culture.
My dear Jealousy wont kill you ok. I didnt see anytin bad in her actions
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Parisfran(f): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

linda only has one of the two & don't kid yourself she's happy being single. no one is happy being single, that couldn't have been her plans when she was in her late teens.

there's no shortage of men in nigeria too so why is she unmarried? perhaps no sane nigerian man wants to walk the aisle with dan foster's sloppy seconds. grin cheesy grin what right has linda got to criticise another woman's wedding?

This guy your mouth ehn shocked
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by deniyor: 6:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

You have no idea why she is doing it. But you are quick to call it a show of shame. hmmm
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by spencekat(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
;
Allureoftheseas:
Spiritual husband.
grin
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Fynpatra(f): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

Bros arbeg the gal weh marry na ur sister or sister inlaw?
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Cityguy: 6:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:
When has being single become an abuse? I don't understand this 'Mrs' mentality of average Nigerian lady like it's a trophy when married. E tire me o
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by overlord77: 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
kestolove95:
u riding his what, dix girl bad o

bad ke, like you are not riding one at the moment, mscheeew
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by sunshine1974(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Lol
funmijoyb:
Women's life don finish how i wish i'm a man
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by RaeMystix: 6:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
codeafrica:
marriage is to nigerians what food and oxygen is to the rest of the world. grin

Mean grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Damikevin(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
This no be my business but, lemme ask, what could the groom be doing that would make him miss his wedding? This is a once in a life time, kindda thing, missing it should not come up. When dem dey together later and fight start or when the man go bring another woman from outside, him go tell her say na photo she marry no be him. (Not praying for there failure, but we know men) how are you sure he isn't married where he is, all this internet relationship, na watin e dey cus be this. It is well.
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by kingofboiz02: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
yorubadelta:

Her friends and family were present at the wedding
Yoruba pple can anything just for that name "Amala"
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
So you guys mean that one virgin can hold my picture,boom! My mother will be finally happy that his son has married.

Shaaaaa!!!! Don't let me slap someone.
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by GreenUzzy(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
edwife:
What makes her think she is happier than Linda? undecided

A wedding? undecided
do you think Linda is happy being single?
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by lezz(m): 6:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
edwife:

Happiness does consist in the relish we have of them;One can attain happiness when he enjoys what he loves and desires himself and not what other people think lovely and desirable.

She might not be in a relationship but she is happy.You don't have to be married to be happy-married people are also unhappy.
She might have her moment which we all do but saying she is unhappy is naff.
NO WOMAN is truely happy outside of marriage and children. The profession doesn't cut it.
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by HawtMummie(f): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:
I don't quote, but this got me in hysterics.

Hilarious.

after sister sarah finishes her masters degree, i am marrying her in seychelles!

subjective ke?
every woman desires to be loved. forget what you read on the internet.

desperation? how? she is a married woman na! was hilary clinton desperate too? victoria beckham? coleen rooney? their husbands cheated and they didn't move an inch. it's not desperation, they just figured out they would be less happy if they leave the marriage.

don't pay attention to all those chics that brag that marriage means nothing to them. they are all lying. they fast at least 5 times a week for husband matter. after writing junk on NL to mask their insecurities, they attend church programmes such as these ones in the evening.
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by kestolove95(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
overlord77:

bad ke, like you are not riding one at the moment, mscheeew
nonsense
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
it is her business...
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by coogar: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
MizMyColi:
Well here's my take on this issue.
cc: Coogar
Linda had it coming when she decided to become meddlesome.
But then again, it's her business, as in money making business, right?
So, it is only normal to have a shield of sorts to an invective of this kind.

don't get it twisted!
linda posting the girl's wedding picture on her blog is not the reason i criticised her. saying the girl is desperate is the crux of the matter.

MizMyColi:

Initially, I was all laughs at the idea of getting married to a portrait.
It didn't seem socially right on all counts.....but that was because, I was not privy to the full story.

I trust my humble self never to comment on threads like this (I didn't on the first one) because I have learned in a hard way not to judge a person's journey if I do not know their story. Who nuh go, nuh know.

that's the point!
linda is a popular blogger. her opinion on things like this should be neutral at best. why use the word desperate for the girl? it's so uncalled for.

MizMyColi:

Having seen now that this young woman has actually visited him outside the country and that they've both snapped pictures together?
It doesn't seem so insane an idea to me anymore.....

the idea is never insane!
proxy marriage has been in existence for aeons. there are even double proxies - when the bride & the groom would be both absent and their portraits would be placed on their seats.

what's the big deal?

MizMyColi:

God knows, I will never accede to this kind of arrangement, but I would rather marry my lover's portrait than allow his brother or whoever represent him at my wedding......not when I'm still sane.

It is simple and short like that.

we all have our preferences - i respect your opinion on some certain issues and you have to respect mine too. just because i will not do it your way does not mean i should condemn your method & vice versa.

if linda had posted the pictures with a caption that asked...."can you do a proxy wedding?this girl wouldn't have attacked linda. linda drew the first blood so it's only fair that she got her comeuppance!

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by cococandy(f): 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
Setaje:

Don't mind this idi0ts that just talk anyhow. I went for a wedding like that and I still have the pictures. The guy is an American soldier and was serving somewhere in d middle east. They kept on postponing the wedding until it was getting to much. They had to do the wedding in absentia. Right now the girl is wiv him in yankee.
Me too I've seen wedding in absentia and it's not usually this odd. This one is more odd because it's a picture.
Let's just say we are not used to this kind of wedding in absentia.

If I was her, I'd do a traditional marriage with one of his family members representing him as the groom. That one is perfectly acceptable in my own culture. As per the belief that you're also marrying the family when you marry the man.

Then do the church marriage over there in S.A since it didn't even take her anytime to get there.

The picture thing is just funny. But who knows she might be setting a trend.

Funny.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by cococandy(f): 6:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
If you're happy now as a single guy, believe me other single people are happy too.
Except there's something you're not telling us tongue
Are you secretly married?

Anyway Happiness is individual. If an unhappy person gets married, they will only become an unhappy married person.

Saying marriage is the key to happiness is a lie from the bowels of the earth.
coogar:

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by coogar: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
cococandy:
If you're happy now as a single guy, believe me other single people are happy too.
Except there's something you're not telling us tongue Are you secretly married?

Anyway Happiness is individual. If an unhappy person gets married, they will only become an unhappy married person.

Saying marriage is the key to happiness is a lie from the bowels of the earth.

you are the last person that should be saying this. read your siggy again & tell me why i should take you serious. grin
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by nigelcoop: 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is a toital poppycock! Y not just host some friends here in a small get together and wen she gets there the can sign whatever papers instead using his pics and puttin on a wedding gown with a celebration like he was present!
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by rabbuy(m): 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
Well love is blind undecided
But you know Linda is a professional bloggerthats her job and so far it has brought her to fame so babe every wierd thing must be brought to light...

For the bride
I don't know what to say.. If twas a reasonable thing that made him miss his own WEDDING das serious
But if you just did it outta stupidity... Babe ur realtionship is on a very long thing
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by funmijoyb(f): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
sunshine1974:
Lol
r u mocking me?
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by Setaje(f): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
cococandy:

Me too I've seen wedding in absentia and it's not usually this odd. This one is more odd because it's a picture.
Let's just say we are not used to this kind of wedding in absentia.

If I was her, I'd do a traditional marriage with one of his family members representing him as the groom. That one is perfectly acceptable in my own culture. As per the belief that you're also marrying the family when you marry the man.

Then do the church marriage over there in S.A since it didn't even take her anytime to get there.

The picture thing is just funny. But who knows she might be setting a trend.

Funny.

The one I went for bad pass this one sef. It was a real wedding. It was quite big o. Only that babe did not wear white gown o. She wore a nice purple long gown. People talked o but after like 2 months we heard she has gone to meet her husband. God forbid that we are suddenly put in such a compromising situation. It's not just good to assume the babe is desperate.
Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by cococandy(f): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
coogar:

you are the last person that should be saying this. read your siggy again & tell me why i should take you serious. grin

that my marriage makes me happy doesn't mean I was an unhappy single person.
I was a very happy single lady by the way.

Saying that being married shouldn't be a key to judge who's happy or not is, is not the same as saying that married people are unhappy or that marriage is a guarantee for happiness. I don't know why you like to think in the extreme.

All these generalizations are unnecessary. Given that you're single yourself, I would be justified to assume you're unhappy if I follow your logic huh?

You have every reason to take me seriously.
Some people's marriages have turned their lives to living hell while some are lucky to find a balance in their previous levels of happiness and others have been blessed to be even happier based on how the marriage is working out for them.

The reality is not the same for everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by cococandy(f): 7:22pm On Jul 10, 2015
Setaje:

The one I went for bad pass this one sef. It was a real wedding. It was quite big o. Only that babe did not wear white gown o. She wore a nice purple long gown. People talked o but after like 2 months we heard she has gone to meet her husband. God forbid that we are suddenly put in such a compromising situation. It's not just good to assume the babe is desperate.

Well her life her choice jare.
I do question her judgment in marrying a picture,
But I don't blame her for being on the defensive though. When Amebo people gather on your matter, you will say anything to save face. cheesy

She knows Linda is socially in leagues above her anyways. You can't blame for trying to kick where she thinks it will hurt.

1 Like

Re: Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji by nebukadnezzari(m): 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
INTROVERT:

See how your biological clock is ticking...like a time bomb

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

If You Use These Back Then And You Are Still Single, What's Happening? / Cheated With A Church Girl! I Have Finished Myself, What Do I Do Now? / Conversation Between A Cheating Husband And His Sidechics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.