Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu (13919 Views)

''I Have No Hand In Your Expulsion'' - Atiku Replies Akiolu / How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm pretty sure that the invitation of Ekweremadu by the police was not frivolous. Once again, by the time all is said and done, the so-called ghost "Bureaucrats" who are responsible for the modification of the Senate rules in favour of the process which produced Ekweremadu as Deputy President, will be produced.

Insha Allah, Ekweremadu, and any other senators found to have had a hand in this matter will be punished. Your days of deceiving Nigerians are over.

If you believe that Ekweremadu had no idea who these bureaucrats are nor knew that the Senate rules were modified, yet he freely adopted the said senate rules, then you ought to have your head examined.

Just like I said before, you are still not smart enough.

As they are finding the "bureaucrats" that amended it, they should equally find those that produced standing orders 2003, 2007 and 2011.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by nduchucks: 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
kelvin100:

Just like I said before, you are still not smart enough.

As they are finding the "bureaucrats" that amended it, they should equally find those that produced standing orders 2003, 2007 and 2011.

You and your sponsors will soon be kicked out of your fraudulently obtained positions and imprisoned, if care is not taken. While in prison, you can use your Einstein brilliance to jail break. dolo

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
nduchucks:

If you believe that Ekweremadu had no idea who these bureaucrats are nor knew that the Senate rules were modified, yet he freely adopted the said senate rules, then you ought to have your head examined.

You so much sound like Boko Haram. What did you understand that I said that warrant an insult.

I raised a clause "Who are the bureaucrats?"

Its a simple issue. If you say Ekweremadu is one of them or has influence over them, then it is understandable if you can prove it.

Being displeased with Ekweremadu shouldn't give you right to insult people who ever you are.

And stop being so sympathetic like the Bola Haram crew.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Dmano: 9:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
If d members were d ones dat made their rules then how will they b enugurated and by what rules will they follow beside how will Ekweremadu alter d rules 2 favour him he was a minority or did he have power 2 send apc senators 2 ICC 4 talk with who?he was just lucky dat apc senators did not put their house in order shekina
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by bee2r(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
nduchucks:

So lets examine this defense presented by Senator Ike Ekweremadu:

(1) 7th senate session terminated 4th of June

(2)Within 5days, between 4th and 9th of June, Senate Standing Rule/Order was modified to allow for the process where Ekweremadu emerged as the Deputy President.

(3) Ekweremadu now claims that the rules were modified by bureaucracy.

Ladies and gentlemen, Senator Ekweremadu must believe that we are all fools. He and his cohorts will produce this "bureaucracy" who modified the rules, else they will pay their due price for this crime. If this is Ekweremadu's defense, then I'm afraid he is a goner.

Ekweremadu would have us believe that none of the senators reviewed the rules before the 7th senate session began or at the beginning of the session as customarily done. This is a sign of gross irresponsibility and possibly criminal activity. The days of abusing the Nigerian people and insulting the intelligence of Nigerians with these 419acts with impunity are over.

Very high price will be paid for this crime.

Do you know how they set up the standing rule? do you even know what the standing rule is?
If you are in a higher institution, walk up to your student union paliamentarian and ask for what it means.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by southWASTE: 11:11pm On Jul 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Oga this your moniker sef...
I love my moniker... it was created out of necessity
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by uprightman(m): 11:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
guardsman:

Great analysis. Ekweremadu's defence is weak. dat he was waiting to be sworn in to d 8th Senate is no defence. Between d 4th & 9th of june, d standing Rule of d 7th Senate which states dat 4 any presiding officer to emerge, he must score 2/3 of d total  number votes was changed to 1/3 & was used 4 d election of d 9th of June. Ekweremadu was cited as having conspired wit d Clerk of d Senate to forge d new rules. Someone illegally changed d rules. Whodunnit! Ekweremadu has questions to answer.

my question to you is:is it the first time house rule is changed before electing principal officers?. if it has been happening i don't see your arguement. if is because he benefitted from it .then you have to arrest obj and the governor that first benefitted in 1999
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:24am On Jul 11, 2015
rusher14:

[b]If that is the case, are we saying the clerk has the prerogative to adjust as he and his colleagues so desire?

The clerk can adjust the rules to say 2 votes can win you a seat if he so wills?

This clerk and his cohorts must be greater than the National Assembly then.

They are gods unto themselves.b]

It takes nothing to read a piece and understand same...so kindly go back and read with understanding now plz...Whatever assumption you're making here is answered in the body of the main post...do the needful...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2015
guardsman:

Great analysis. Ekweremadu's defence is weak. dat he was waiting to be sworn in to d 8th Senate is no defence. Between d 4th & 9th of june, d standing Rule of d 7th Senate which states dat 4 any presiding officer to emerge, he must score 2/3 of d total  number votes was changed to 1/3 & was used 4 d election of d 9th of June. Ekweremadu was cited as having conspired wit d Clerk of d Senate to forge d new rules. Someone illegally changed d rules. Whodunnit! Ekweremadu has questions to answer.

Some of you without shame jump into an argument to show your ignorance... You don't even know the bone of contention here...and probably didn't read the original post here too...smh...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:35am On Jul 11, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm pretty sure that the invitation of Ekweremadu by the police was not frivolous. Once again, by the time all is said and done, the so-called ghost "Bureaucrats" who are responsible for the modification of the Senate rules in favour of the process which produced Ekweremadu as Deputy President, will be produced.

Insha Allah, Ekweremadu, and any other senators found to have had a hand in this matter will be punished. Your days of deceiving Nigerians are over.

I am ashamed of you...For you to have littered this thread with myopic and ignorant submissions shows how pathetic people are and can happily glory in ignorance...What does it take you to ask someone what bureaucrat here means?...And to think someone lauded your initial post as great analysis, Nigeria is really in deep shiit... smh...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:37am On Jul 11, 2015
omonnakoda:
An explanation for illiterates.

Who has the power to make rules or change them
Who has the power to ratify them
who has the power to adopt them

Are we to believe that someone climbed a mountain and came down with rules on tablets of stone. The truth is the old rules remain in force until they are changed.

Only the Senators can change them

Your first sentence here defines you...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:41am On Jul 11, 2015
victorels:

Did you see where they said that the Standing Order is always reviewed for every new house that is inaugurated. There is standing order of 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011 and the new one for 2015.
The accusers are comparing the standing order of 2011 to the new standing order of 2015.

The only valid point or question that could be asked is "Who are the Bureaucrats?

Bureaucrats are the career professionals in NASS...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by nduchucks: 6:46am On Jul 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am ashamed of you...For you to have littered this thread with myopic and ignorant submissions shows how pathetic people are and can happily glory in ignorance...What does it take you to ask someone what bureaucrat here means?...And to think someone lauded your initial post as great analysis, Nigeria is really in deep shiit... smh...

As I told one of your cohorts earlier, you and your sponsors will soon be kicked out of your fraudulently obtained positions and imprisoned, if care is not taken. While in prison, you can use your Einstein brilliance to jail break and also deceive your fellow felons on the meaning of ghost bureaucrats.

Your belief that career bureaucrats in NASS make senate rules without any input from senators or the knowledge of those senators, shows that you are first class expert in these matters. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:52am On Jul 11, 2015
nduchucks:

The defense put forward by some tribalistic characters here is laughable. I tire for my cone head brothers.

smh... This alone shows your level...Having gone through this thread, I only saw ONE tribal post or bigoted post and that's your post...So you're the tribal bigot here...and an unintelligent folk feeling pompous...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:55am On Jul 11, 2015
nduchucks:

As I told one of your cohorts earlier, you and your sponsors will soon be kicked out of your fraudulently obtained positions and imprisoned, if care is not taken. While in prison, you can use your Einstein brilliance to jail break and also deceive your fellow felons on the meaning of ghost bureaucrats.

Your belief that career bureaucrats in NASS make senate rules without any input from senators or the knowledge of those senators, shows that you are first class expert in these matters. cheesy

Nice day...because I don't waste time on braggarts and empty heads running round circles...byeeeeee
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by nduchucks: 7:01am On Jul 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Nice day...because I don't waste time on braggarts and empty heads running round circles...byeeeeee

Good bye sir.

Please be on notice that, you people are being watched and all your attempts to put the wool over the eyes of gullible Nigerians will be publicly called out, going forward. Your disgraceful attempts to defend indefensible criminal acts are more than shameful.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by dearie(m): 7:50am On Jul 11, 2015
Haba, can't we read posts devoid of invective? I must say I was really enjoying @nduchucks and @ whynotthetruth mild arguments until it became wild. You guys need to understand that divisive posts llike this fuel tribal sentiments and have the tendency to widen the existing seeming gulf between us.

Please be mindful of others while you post so as not to incite hatred in their minds which could degenerate to another monster like BH. God Forbid.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by guardsman: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Some of you without shame jump into an argument to show your ignorance... You don't even know the bone of contention here...and probably didn't read the original post here too...smh...

How is it my fault dat u lack d mental acuity to understand a simple post dat was well written & analysed by another forumite whom i merely agreed with?. Ekweremadu's defence is weak. d senate rules were hurriedly altered between d 4th & 9th of June & used 4 d elections of d 9th in which Ekwetemadu emerged Dep Senate President. He was cited as having colluded wit d Clerk of d Senate.
Whynotthetruth, defender of d clueless kleptomaniac whom we sent packing, maybe if u remove ur TANoid blinders u might be able to see dat Ekweremadu will need to give a better excuse than this incoherent poo to get off a serious crime like forgery.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:01am On Jul 11, 2015
nduchucks:

Good bye sir.

Please be on notice that, you people are being watched and all your attempts to put the wool over the eyes of gullible Nigerians will be publicly called out, going forward. Your disgraceful attempts to defend indefensible criminal acts are more than shameful.
@bolded...stalking and leaking my asx is allowed...enjoy it
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by guardsman: 8:08am On Jul 11, 2015
uprightman:
my question to you is:is it the first time house rule is changed before electing principal officers?. if it has been happening i don't see your arguement. if is because he benefitted from it .then you have to arrest obj and the governor that first benefitted in 1999

House rules ar made & amended by Senators. This is d first time it has been amended by unseen hands. Who changed d rules?. Ekweremadu & d Clerk of d Senate were cited. He needs a better excuse than dis poo to get off d serious crime of forgery.
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:26am On Jul 11, 2015
dearie:
Haba, can't we read posts devoid of invective? I must say I was really enjoying @nduchucks and @ whynotthetruth mild arguments until it became wild. You guys need to understand that divisive posts llike this fuel tribal sentiments and have the tendency to widen the existing seeming gulf between us.

Please be mindful of others while you post so as not to incite hatred in their minds which could degenerate to another monster like BH. God Forbid.

Thanks for following the thread...To me, there's nothing to argue here...The post is straightforward except for someone who has the burden of hatred overwhelming him/her...I love intelligent arguments not sentimental rants and hatred mongering by closet bigots...Go check my history here, I do stand always for smart arguments....

1)Was Ekweremadu the only senate leader elected using this rule?...why the fuss that only him should go?...

2)Did any senator raise objection before the election about this alteration knowing they had access to this document during their orientation period?...so why now?...Did anybody raise such objection in the house after election?...so why do same secretly?

3)We have House rule 1999...2003...2007...2011...so why should someone find fault with House rule 2015...

4)Note that these constitute the rules of engagement in the senate which guides them all...If you have problem with any portion; you seek for alteration AFTER your INAUGURATION...and this alteration is subject to agreement by other members of the house?...

5)Why did this same APC though as ACN then not write the police in 2007 when such alteration by these bureaucrats(career professionals in NASS led by Clerk of the House) led to one of them Senator George Akume contesting for senate president alongisde David Mark notwithstanding he is coming for the FIRST time?...

6)Check history of this thread, I only replied to invectives and insults thrown by that sheepish bigot on others....He was the one dishing out insults to people, I was simply on defensive...Maybe he didn't even read the original post before pouring his venom and ignorance here...

7)If you have issues about this topic ; kindly put them forward... I will be glad to do justice to them to the best of my ability... thanks and good morning...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:33am On Jul 11, 2015
guardsman:

[b]House rules ar made[\b] & amended by Senators. This is d first time it has been amended by unseen hands. Who changed d rules?. Ekweremadu & d Clerk of d Senate were cited. He needs a better excuse than dis poo to get off d serious crime of forgery.

@bolded...kindly do some little research... it pays to reason from an informed stand...thanks...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by omonnakoda: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Your first sentence here defines my mother...
Re: Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu by guardsman: 9:09am On Jul 11, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

@bolded...kindly do some little research... it pays to reason from an informed stand...thanks...

The Standing Rules of the Senate are the Parliamentary procedures adopted by the senate that govern its procedure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged / Don’t Harbor Negative Thoughts About Your Country, Tinubu Urges Nigerians / I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.