Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged (13918 Views)

Igbos Benefitting From Establishment Of NEDC — Sam Onuigbo / Pastor Adeboye Visits Yahaya Bello, Describes Him As 'A Man Of Faith' (Pictures) / Sam Onuigbo Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Metrix147: 6:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila has described the member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia North/South Federal Constituency, Rep. Sam Onuigbo as a dogged and committed lawmaker.

Rt. Hon. Gbajabiamila was speaking during the presenting of the award of “Dean of Bills” to Rep. Onuigbo by the National Assembly Press Corps on Wednesday, December 15, 2021, at the Media Centre of the National Assembly.

“It is not about the number of Bills, but its quality. The Climate Change Bill is one of those Bills that affect each and everyone of us for life. Climate Change is topical. Rep. Onuigbo was dogged and committed throughout the period of fighting for the passage of the Climate Change Bill and has earned my respect for this,” Speaker Gbajabiamila said.

The Speaker who congratulated Rep. Onuigbo for what he described as a “landmark achievement”, stated that

“Rep. Onuigbo has done so much on the floor of the house. The Climate Change Bill is one that will be a legacy for life and I congratulate him. What he has done is inter-generational. Perhaps one day, I will organize a lecture on Climate Change in the House as most people do not know the nature of its impact.”

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari on November 18, 2021, assented to the Climate Change Bill sponsored by Rep. Sam Onuigbo. The President’s assent to the Bill was a culmination of dedicated efforts by the Abia-born lawmaker and this has received global applause.

In his response, Rep. Onuigbo said the success recorded was only possible due to the “exceptional leadership and commitment shown by the leadership of the National Assembly especially the Speaker of the House of Representatives, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, who not only constituted (and also caused the Ministries of Justice and Environment to send in their own representatives) a review committee to identify and address the areas of contention that made President Buhari and former Presidents deny assent to the Bill in the 8th, 7th and 6th Assemblies, but also followed up to ensure that expedited passage was effected at the House and the Senate.”

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/12/dean-of-bill-speaker-gbajabiamila-hails-rep-sam-onuigbo-describes-him-as-dogged/

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by TeeGentle(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2021
DEAN OF BILLS

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by BrickDevo: 7:52am On Dec 17, 2021
As usual it is none of my business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by PCG001: 7:53am On Dec 17, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by slimanyd: 7:54am On Dec 17, 2021
Who go come get DEAN OF BANDITS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Akinzo2121(m): 7:54am On Dec 17, 2021
Good morning nairalanders, merry Christmas and happy new in advance,me and my wife came here yesterday to seek for fund for my daughter TAIWO WILHELM,am surprised by the positive response, sincerely Nigeria is blessed with Good people,I want to appreciate Mr ANTHONY OLABODE AMOLE,I don't know this person and u surprise my family with huge sum of money I don't know y why you've done that Mr OLABODE surprise is coming your way before Christmas,I pray u will grow higher,tanx alot sir,MR SEGUN ADEBAYO ADEFABI,MR DICKSON OLUKAYODE OJO,MR EMMANUEL, UNKNOWN PERSON,EGBANE OBAROEGBANE OBAR AND OGUNNUBI FEYISAYO OLUSEYI,to everyone who promised and those willing to do but there's no power,tank you all God bless you all,I appreciate the mods on nairaland u are doing great work God bless you.TAIWO AND KENNY SAYS THANK YOU GOD BLESS YOU.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Instead of him to move motion for leflendum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Idiko1: 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021
Nigeria is fake!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Dorcmass(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2021
That one no consine when u get money do this christmass una come here dey post trash
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Sammy07: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
What's the climate bill all about
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by 1Alex: 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
Okay
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by tillaman(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
Dogged ko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by eventainment(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
Abeg I de find Christmas gift ooo. Only laptop for programming na I need ... My elitebook pro don crash Dem say e de beyond repair say motherboard Don go.. just a core i5 newer gen upwards with some graphics cards. For android and game development. Thanks bosses
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by money121(m): 7:56am On Dec 17, 2021
Ok
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by fergie001: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2021
Calm and soft-spoken, just that it is almost certain he won't be going back to the NA after 2023.

Grandmeister:
This man is from my village and the road to his very compound is just....left to your imaginations! Virtually impassable with a vehicle on a rainy day. He doesn't even stay in his house when in abia state. No road no electricity for close to a year! People like him make Buhari look like a saintly administrator I kid you not! angry
So, you are from Ibere?
He usually stay at WB....He is on his last lap, leave am.

Sammy07:
What's the climate bill all about
A bill that is expected to actualise net-zero carbon emissions, however, it will be difficult for an oil-dependent Nation like ours.

Nothing is impossible, though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by ivolt: 7:57am On Dec 17, 2021
Akinzo2121:
Good morning nairalanders, merry Christmas and happy new in advance,me and my wife came here yesterday to seek for fund for my daughter TAIWO WILHELM,am surprised by the positive response, sincerely Nigeria is blessed with Good people,I want to appreciate
Don't post full names of donors, some people don't like it.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by delzbaba(m): 7:59am On Dec 17, 2021
Nigeria keeps rewarding people for actually performing their assigned duties
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by FactBoyz: 7:59am On Dec 17, 2021
angry
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Grandmeister(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2021
This man is from my village and the road to his very compound is just....left to your imaginations! Virtually impassable with a vehicle on a rainy day. He doesn't even stay in his house when in abia state. No road no electricity for close to a year! People like him make Buhari look like a saintly administrator I kid you not! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by emmy4real94(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Give me the Hallaa!
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by elmessiahs(m): 8:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Dean of bills awon dean of dust bean state... Flyover for 6years plus chai
O.k. chinda is the best and counting...
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by emmy4real94(m): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2021
Bin#
elmessiahs:
Dean of bills awon dean of dust bean state... Flyover for 6years plus chai
O.k. chinda is the best and counting...
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by lipstick2(f): 8:01am On Dec 17, 2021
This is pathetic.
Dean of Bills indeed.

Pass through the road to the Community her represents and you will vote that he be thrown out of that seat today.

Ikwuano Umuahia road is a evidence of his poor representation.

Ikpeazu and Onuigbo,Godbis watching you people.
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by elmessiahs(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2021
emmy4real94:
Bin#
Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by aspabay(m): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2021
Actually commendable considering that many HOR members never sponsor any bill or make any meaningful contributions through out their tenure in the lower chamber
Re: Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged by Lionnation: 8:05am On Dec 17, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
Instead of him to move motion for leflendum
without IBO brain we are doomed In this country, accord them some respect

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Harbor Negative Thoughts About Your Country, Tinubu Urges Nigerians / I Repent From All Forms Of Tribalism And Bigotry Today / Journalists Barred From Covering Buhari’s 2018 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.