Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,579 members, 7,816,427 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! (12578 Views)

Yoruba Youths Warn Northerners: Stop Being Economical With Truth, R / Patience And Goodluck Jonathan On A Date In New Jersey / Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by atlwireles: 12:41am On Jul 11, 2015
trillville:

Where do I start from? If Nigeria as a country did not have crude oil as its biggest revenue earner, I will be focusing on whatever resource was our biggest revenue earner.

Have you ever heard of a SWOT analysis. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities, Threats. If you conduct a swot analysis of Nigeria oil will represent the fastest vehicle Nigeria as a country can use to move from poverty to industrialisation.

Consider the fact that we are not refining crude today. Do you know how much money Nigeria is losing as a country by just simply selling unrefined crude?

Consider the fact that Nigeria as a country depends on multinationals to mine our crude and hence we pay them 40 percent of revenues from crude leaving the rest of us fighting amongst ourselves on the remaining 60 percent. Don't you feel we are being silly as a country? Even this resource control that you are talking about, you should be facing the multinationals and asking them for a larger percentage rather than facing your fellow impoverished Nigerian.

I would like the ND region to be like dubai, I would like people in the region to be rich and well to do. I just do not agree that true federalism is the outright solution to the problems of the region.

Now you may ask, what is my business with the Niger delta's oil resources, well I am a pragmatist so I know a lot of terrible things may occur as a result of your people's push for resource control. If resource control will make the whole country a better place, then I am all for it.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.

You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.

You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.

And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

William J. H. Boetcker

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 12:44am On Jul 11, 2015
pazienza:

This Yoruba man sef. The entire Niger delta region had a dynamic and relative understanding of each other before Nigeria, they have more things uniting them than that divides them. But true to your type, you focus more on the things that divide them, your are losing your touch, you are not doing your Ikwerre cover any favour here.

Pazienza stop quoting me unnecessarily.

Ive told you a zillion times, i have nothing to prove to you.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by pazienza(m): 12:48am On Jul 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Pazienza stop quoting me unnecessarily.

Ive told you a zillion times, i have nothing to prove to you.

Then stop getting agitated whenever I remove your veneer for the gullible ones to see what lies inside.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 12:53am On Jul 11, 2015
pazienza:

Then stop getting agitated whenever I remove your veneer for the gullible ones to see what lies inside.

I need you to do yourself a favour, stop mentioning Ikwerre in anything pertaining Biafra...and stop exhibiting Ignorance..for your good.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by pazienza(m): 12:58am On Jul 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

I need you to do yourself a favour, stop mentioning Ikwerre in anything pertaining Biafra...and stop exhibiting Ignorance..for your good.

I need you to do yourself a favour. I know you are ashamed of your ethnic group Yoruba, but you disgrace yourself more when you deny her( Yorubaland), you degrade yourself and you bring dishonor to Odualand.

Be a real man for once, be proud of your Odua nation and stop trying so miserably to be an Ikwerre.

Can you do that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Candyrain(m): 3:23am On Jul 11, 2015
Mogidi:

And those in charge of drafting that relevant part of the constitution would all be northerners. Don't for one second think the north would give up the largesse it enjoys as members of our commonwealth.

I'm just stating what's obtainable in a saner environment. For Nigeria, it is well.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Badguytinz(m): 5:28am On Jul 11, 2015
dearpreye:
A few days ago, a seemingly innocuous thread I created here was taken down on the grounds it supported the Biafra Cause. I wrote that article in the deepest demonstration of loyalty to truth and fairness. I agree it may have violated a rule on the site but I'm still shocked it wasn't relegated to the secessionist/Ethnic section. It was removed and hidden. I'll still try to state the issues that Nigeria must address if it must experience meaningful development, progress and national peace.

For all intent and purposes, Nigeria can work if we all are willing to sit and talk sincerely about our myriads of problems. All the agitation for Biafra and other secessionist moves will simply fade into space if we can address this problems. And the problems aren't unknown to us.

A Borrowed System.

Our current constitution, which plays no small part in our stagnant situation, was s implied copied and styled after the US Constitution. It's advisable to endeavour to follow the pattern of a nation that runs one of the longest and largest democracies in the world. But it's retrogression and inimical to tailor our system after that of the US without considering our particular uniqueness. The Japanese, Koreans and the Chinese have been sincere and brave enough to design a constitution that fits their uniqueness, and that's largely responsible for their growth and development.

If Nigeria must grow, it must stop making little and biased amendments to the Constitution and get for itself a better and more participatory constitution. We don't practice something you don't own. So far, Nigeria is like a company that runs on another's policy. It has never worked.

True Federalism

Solve this problem, and see Nigeria on its part to growth. The current unitary system only breeds laziness, parasitism, mind boggling corruption and underdevelopment. I can write pages on this economic injustice. We've been only reading of Excess Crude Account, but when are we going to read of Excess Groundnut Account? No system can survive on this kind of shocking injustice. If a state has only 3 billion naira, can it tolerate an individual therein embezzling 2 billion naira out of it? No way. But that's the case with the current situation. States simply fold their arms till nd wait till end of money, collect allocations, squander it and them wait till the next month ending. The cycle never ends. If Nigeria doesn't address these situations, then human lives will surely be used to sustain the current Nigeria.

I'm shocked as to why a people will know their problems and keep playing the ostrich. Whether how long Nigeria runs, it has a date with these salient and solemn truths.

Nigeria's problem is that we are hungry. A hungry man is an angry man. If actually we practiced true capitalism, not some sherre werre thing we are doing, I think all of us will be fine. This is human nature: We become selfish when we struggle to survive. Assuming you got a good paying job, living life well do you think biafra go bother you? Answer sincerely
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 11, 2015
Badguytinz:

Nigeria's problem is that we are hungry. A hungry man is an angry man. If actually we practiced true capitalism, not some sherre werre thing we are doing, I think all of us will be fine. This is human nature: We become selfish when we struggle to survive. Assuming you got a good paying job, living life well do you think biafra go bother you? Answer sincerely

Why do you think only hungry charlatans are agitating for Biafra? Why do you think I'm not gainfully employed?

Besides, this thread isn't about Biafra but about the latent issues that have given the Biafra agitators a genuine case. So let's keep the thread that way.

It's being over 5 years I stopped living for MYSELF. I live for values and beliefs; values that will certainly outlive me. Till a man stops living for himself, he's yet to truly live.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 11, 2015
Isuata:
@Triville i like your probing questions and you made many valid points........................disregard some of the sly "enter the tribal" comments

but i go all the way with @Barcanista suggestions

but added to he's suggestion would be to culture the approach of the chinese and take the realities of our individual politicians into account and build institutions that have direct oversight on how the state's 25% , the producing community's 25% and FG's 50% is spent.

Also, i keep wondering like you in another direction, why are the agitator of Biafra not dogged on the getting the govt to amend the constitution to include referendum in it- i believe if this is achieved it would be an educated attempt to put Nigeria on the right part......

cc: Triville; Barcanista Dearpreye enjoyed una dooged way at not letting the thread derail

I've always worried over our Constitution and the dubious fact that it doesn't have provisions for a referendum. The drafters had some sinister and devious intent for carefully avoiding it. Any nation where such a lofty ideas isn't enshrined in its constitution is fraudulent and slavish.

Every nation's constitution should seek the progress and happiness of its inhabitants; ours is a huge albatross to our progress.

Of all the values I hold dear to me, size and population of my nation, do not come anywhere near. They're my priorities. All I seek is a fair and just state no matter how small it may be. If I can't secure those values in a big country, then life's meaningless; and any agitation for a better society or even a smaller one is laudable and a right.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Badguytinz(m): 6:53am On Jul 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Why do you think only hungry charlatans are agitating for Biafra? Why do you think I'm not gainfully employed?

Besides, this thread isn't about Biafra but about the latent issues that have given the Biafra agitators a genuine case. So let's keep the thread that way.

It's being over 5 years I stopped living for MYSELF. I live for values and beliefs; values that will certainly outlive me. Till a man stops living for himself, he's yet to truly live.

I never said "only". To handle the population of Nigeria is hard, three major tribes struggling to have the presidential seat. An average typical nigerian would want a President from their ethnicity with the mindset their region would be favoured. There maybe more to Biafra for some people, but with the harsh conditions in 2015, right now the mindset of southern youths is that if the separation happens and Biafra is world recognized as a republic (certified) ,there is a better possibility for their future and that they would most likely have a greener pasture. I'm not saying it is a bad thing to have a better life, infact it is good to have good life. But That's just the way I see the see the situation.

And I don't know if you're gainfully employed or not, I meant to say if you were put in such a position, what would you do. However are you gainfully employed or not? Do you find what I wrote plausible? Or do you agree with it fully or partially?
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 11, 2015
Badguytinz:

I never said "only". To handle the population of Nigeria is hard, three major tribes struggling to have the presidential seat. An average typical nigerian would want a President from their ethnicity with the mindset their region would be favoured. There maybe more to Biafra for some people, but with the harsh conditions in 2015, right now the mindset of southern youths is that if the separation happens and Biafra is world recognized as a republic (certified) ,there is a better possibility for their future and that they would most likely have a greener pasture. I'm not saying it is a bad thing to have a better life, infact it is good to have good life. But That's just the way I see the see the situation.

And I don't know if you're gainfully employed or not, I meant to say if you were put in such a position, what would you do. However are you gainfully employed or not? Do you find what I wrote plausible? Or do you agree with it fully or partially?

If a people so distrust one another, and just can't be at peace with one another, I think the sane thing to do is for all the parties involved to sincerely talk with an intent to resolving their differences, and where that has repeatedly failed, the parties should seek to go their way.

I can't categorically tell you the Igbos will do better in Biafra than they're currently doing in Nigeria. Even that fact is inadequate to deprive them of their dream and aspirations. Leave that to them.

We've been living a lie as a country and that's responsible for our ethnic mindedness, backwardness and depressing underdevelopment.

The system is the root cause. Stop treating the symptoms. Treat the disease and watch the symptoms disappear.

Good morning, my brother.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 7:43am On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:

What have you learnt from this OP? think outside the box grin grin grin grin,.God bless NL, as the bible says, by their fruits we shall know them. When a person thinks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, they cannot be called a goat. Mogidi don't waste your time with him.

Bro, good morning. I doubt if the above was meant for me. I doubt!
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 8:25am On Jul 11, 2015
pazienza:

I need you to do yourself a favour. I know you are ashamed of your ethnic group Yoruba, but you disgrace yourself more when you deny her( Yorubaland), you degrade yourself and you bring dishonor to Odualand.

Be a real man for once, be proud of your Odua nation and stop trying so miserably to be an Ikwerre.

Can you do that?

You know I'm Ikwerre, stop feigning ignorance..Anyone who doesnt support Biafra is either Yoruba or Northerner to you..if you dnt know that some of your Igbos differ from you in their opinion of biafra, then you need to pay attention to others..if you cant accept their opinion, then you need some growing up.

Just a sincere opinion from you, between an Igbo and a Yoruba, who should be proud of his land?
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:

You have to define what you mean by strong centre.
in order for the governors not to misuse their powers, the FG should still retain most of the powers in the Exclusive list
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2015
Badguytinz:

Capitalism is not the answer to our problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.

You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.

You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.

And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

William J. H. Boetcker

I love this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by pazienza(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You know I'm Ikwerre, stop feigning ignorance..Anyone who doesnt support Biafra is either Yoruba or Northerner to you..if you dnt know that some of your Igbos differ from you in their opinion of biafra, then you need to pay attention to others..if you cant accept their opinion, then you need some growing up.

Just a sincere opinion from you, between an Igbo and a Yoruba, who should be proud of his land?

Why are you ashamed of your Yoruba ethnicity. This is a sincere question from me to you? Why.

I asked that question, because the answer to that question will answer the question you were throwing at me.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Yujin(m): 9:38am On Jul 11, 2015
dearpreye:

We just change the system and most of our issues will go away. Do we have that courage or will? I very much doubt that.
Its virtually impossible to meet a man that would willingly give up a system that gives him undue advantage over others without a fight. This is the reality about the usurpers of our freedom in our land. This is the situation about our oppressors in Nigeria. They will never accept to a restructuring of the contraption without a fight. Since a fight must be fought then when and how to go about it is what must be critically thought out and planned. We must identify who our real enemies are and gradually weed out those with sabotaging tendencies within our ranks. We must not dwell on assumptions and our strategies should be wholistic. We should identify our enemies allies and send a strong message to them to keep them at bay so as to isolate them. But above all things the timing is very critical to our envisaged success. Let me stop here. One thing is sure: our oppressors and their allies will NEVER reason with us without a forceful demand from us. This I'm very certain of.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Yujin(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2015
Mogidi:

You're arguing from the stand point of an anarchist.
You paint other lga as aliens, your perspective is shallow, look at the bigger picture. Are you happy now that the bulk of your resources ends up in the north?
Exactly how I perceive him from his write ups in this thread. His fear is that the Igbo will come and take away the resources from his people so let's just remain the way we are. Managing and managing until That's where his vision ends. He fails to see the bigger picture. I strongly believe that he 'Hopeathand' has not lived in other regions outside southern Nigeria. If he has his mentality would have changed. Its his type that will willingly sabotage our struggles and this we must take care of. I do hope he sees the bigger picture before the time of the reclamation of our freedom comes. I really hope.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Candyrain(m): 11:03am On Jul 11, 2015
honeychild:

How exactly has it helped? You complain on this board incessantly about how Amaechi spent billions on his 1 km monorail and how he should be probed by EFCC. Same with the past governors of Bayelsa and other ND states. So if Rivers State had 50% derivation, Amaechi's monorail would have cost trillions and not just billions.

Giving kleptomaniac leaders more money is not the solution!

Even a good man can become corrupt if he's not disciplined. Just like I said earlier policies and laws that will put then in check should be passed. I mentioned removal of the immunity clause from the constitution. With this done they'll know that their 4yrs in office is no longer guaranteed if they are found wanting at anytime.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by atlwireles: 12:52pm On Jul 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

The best picture to paint is 'picture perfect'.

When you refused to say things as they are you only deceive yourself..if we do not sort our seemingly little but deep differences, we are only misleading ourselves.

In Delta, Itsekiri and Ijaw of Gbaramatu decided not launch billion dollar EPZ because of inter-tribal wranglings.

In Rivers, Bolo people said no UNEP cleaning until they are duly recognised.

We are united in dislike for the North, if the North is off our neck, how do we get along..it will definitely be more difficult than you're painting it.

We need to get our acts right and have an understanding, a workable model that we are used to first before we make demands.

grin grin grin what are you talking about?
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by atlwireles: 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
in order for the governors not to misuse their powers, the FG should still retain most of the powers in the Exclusive list

Then what's the purpose for power devolution and fiscal federalism?
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:

grin grin grin what are you talking about?

grin grin grin grin grin Mavor.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Eastlink(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

If you're not from Rivers, dnt start Ogoni vs Okrika issue..What do u mean by whole lot in common? Which similar culture and religion..

Regional consciousness.. yea...and thats about it..more like we struggle to get something and then we split it.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Eastlink(m): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2015
HopeAtHand:

If you're not from Rivers, dnt start Ogoni vs Okrika issue..What do u mean by whole lot in common? Which similar culture and religion..

Regional consciousness.. yea...and thats about it..more like we struggle to get something and then we split it.
I knew it will come to this point you imposter and demonic agent of division. You just blew your undercover. It was my intention to draw you out of your shell the moment I saw your divisive post. I put it to you Mr Undercover, you are not from Rivers state nay ND. I have marked your moniker from henceforth. Take your demonic hate and get out from our thread. Let we, true Niger Deltans speak for ourselves, you and your brothers should desist from speaking on our behalf.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
Eastlink:
I knew it will come to this point you imposter and demonic agent of division. You just blew your undercover. It was my intention to draw you out of your shell the moment I saw your divisive post. I put to to you Mr Undercover, you are not from Rivers state nay ND. I have marked your moniker from henceforth. Take your demonic hate and get out from our thread. Let we, true Niger Deltans speak for ourselves, you and your brothers should desist from speaking on our behalf.

Whenever I see those folks, I just accord them silence!
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Eastlink(m): 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Whenever I see those folks, I just accord them silence!
Yeah. I had never wanted to reply him, but I couldn't take to heart his divisive tendencies. Why will someone advocate for strife and ethnic hatred in Rivers state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 11, 2015
Eastlink:
Yeah. I had never wanted to reply him, but I couldn't take to heart his divisive tendencies. Why will someone advocate for strife and ethnic hatred in Rivers state?

Hahaha. They are the enemies of the genuine change.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 6:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
Eastlink:
I knew it will come to this point you imposter and demonic agent of division. You just blew your undercover. It was my intention to draw you out of your shell the moment I saw your divisive post. I put to to you Mr Undercover, you are not from Rivers state nay ND. I have marked your moniker from henceforth. Take your demonic hate and get out from our thread. Let we, true Niger Deltans speak for ourselves, you and your brothers should desist from speaking on our behalf.

What does an an Ika man have in common with Ibibio, what does Ikwerre have with Urhobo, what does Ogoni have with Isoko?.answer is the Niger Delta struggle..the struggle to control our resources from the North is the reason for our unity. The reason why i regard the Ibibio, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko etc and see them as a brother is because we all feel a collective sense of injustice..there is a connection.Remove the Hausaman from the equation and chances are the unity will no longer be existent.

I think we need to be able to have regard for ourselves first as Humans and then as Nigerians and see ourselves making improvement everywhere..that regard for humanity is what will make a governor deliver governance to his people, people within his state irrespective of them being settlers or indigenes..if he cant deliver governance out of desire to serve, the institutions of State must be strengthened to compel him..if we get that right, then i can support fiscal federalism or whatever...else we keep trying.

Im certain this differs from your opinion and is enough for you to label me a Yoruba..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by atlwireles: 6:48pm On Jul 11, 2015
[s]
HopeAtHand:

What does an an Ika man have in common with Ibibio, what does Ikwerre have with Urhobo, what does Ogoni have with Isoko?.answer is the Niger Delta struggle..the struggle to control our resources from the North is the reason for our unity. The reason why i regard the Ibibio, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko etc and see them as a brother is because we all feel a collective sense of injustice..there is a connection.Remove the Hausaman from the equation and chances are the unity will no longer be existent.

I think we need to be able to have regard for ourselves first as Humans and then as Nigerians and see ourselves making improvement everywhere..that regard for humanity is what will make a governor deliver governance to his people, people within his state irrespective of them being settlers or indigenes..if he cant deliver governance out of desire to serve, the institutions of State must be strengthened to compel him..if we get that right, then i can support fiscal federalism or whatever...else we keep trying.

Im certain this differs from your opinion and is enough for you to label me a Yoruba..
[/s]

PEOPLE STOP QUOTING THIS LIAR FOR CHRIST SAKE.
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by HopeAtHand: 6:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
atlwireles:
[s][/s]

PEOPLE STOP QUOTING THIS LIAR FOR CHRIST SAKE.

Mavor. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Still Has A Date With Truth! by atlwireles: 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
[s]
HopeAtHand:

Mavor. grin grin grin grin
[/s]

CONGENITAL LIAR KEEP IT UP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mahmood Yakubu Refutes Reports That He Wants To Contest For President / Buhari Saved Nigeria From Embarrassment By Suspending Onnoghen –Tony Momoh / Cross River Governor Presents N1.043 Trillion Budget Estimates For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.