Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,748 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? (22915 Views)

Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / Abandoned Nine-month-old Baby Crawling On Lagos Road Found / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Lovexme(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Isn't there someone you can get to help if she's so eager to get back to work?

Or enroll the child into a creche.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Jojodivine(f): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Yes she can. Both of you should look around for a good creche. There are women who have resumed work with babies less than 3months old. May God direct you though.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Bonapart(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Burger01:
Yes. Leave the baby in the care of a good nanny while your wife goes to work. Except if you are ready to take full resposibility of the needs of the house. smiley

Just get a nanny and allow wife to go to work smiley
4 months baby? Money has indeed destroy the world
Think again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
steppin:
Op, you should get a maid from OLX nigeria.
I'm sure you'll find a lady perfect for the job.

grin
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by lurlah2014(f): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
you should allow her cos NIGERIA situation now is above you placing your wife as a full house wife, my sister experienced same thing but she was able to get a good day care that accepted the baby thou with extra fee, now the baby is three and they all live happy

5 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by huthority01(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
MY BROTHER THE ANSWER IS CAPITAL YES...........................
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by jaybee3(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
How about asking for resource support from your parents?
You can look at getting a creche for your baby
If her salary is way more than yours then simply resign

Above all, make sure you do family planning as a matter of urgency

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by TwistedPair(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
how old is the nephew that lives with you?..if he is of age, he can help with the baby till you guys come back from work or invite one family member from the village to live with you to avoid paying for a nanny(in your situation)..

p.s: let her work o, it'll pay in the long run

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by kukuruku156(f): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tough one...

If the pay is good and she can get a good nanny then let her take the job. We all know how challenging it is getting a job these days.
Do either one of your mums live close by? That's another option you could explore.

If all these fail then let her stay back and take care of the baby. Hopefully another job opportunity will come then.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by ammyluv2002(f): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
What if she has a job before now? She would've gone back to work already (3 months maternity leave) so what's the difference? Just get a good creche especially the one close to her office. Staying at home day in day out is very tiring

6 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by lurlah2014(f): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
this is not about money its about survival
Bonapart:
Think again

6 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Burger01(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
Bonapart:
Think again
So, you haven't seen a two month old bay in the care of nanny while madam goes off to work? Siddown there. No be money dem go take cater for the baby? smiley

7 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by petkoffDrake(m): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
guess u get a good house maid. she breast feeds d baby well before going to work, d maid feeds d baby with milk in d afternoon then when d mum come back from work, she breast feeds him well b4 going to bed

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by lurlah2014(f): 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
steppin:
Op, you should get a maid from OLX nigeria.
I'm sure you'll find a lady perfect for the job.
dont just try that, remeber the case of the orekoya family
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
yorubadelta:
A 3/4 month old baby is too young. Are you that stifled for cash? give her more time to nurse the baby well before starting a full-time job.

I cant imagine leaving my delicate new born in the hands of another just because of making money..

Yeah, you can't imagine because you have never been in their position, if you were deep in debt or your husband is barely earning enough to cater for you and your baby

8 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by braine(m): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
MOORCHMOORE:
I am a low income earner, with a wife, son (3 months +), nephew then 1 inlaw today another tomorrow.
My wife suddenly came home day before yesterday with the news she went Job interview.
The next day, she was ask to start work on next Monday.

Dilemma!
With what am passing through, I desire my wife to work so that we can meetup with some bills.

Our problem is we have a Son that is heading 4th month, her employers can't accept her with our baby.
She went to day cares around and was told they only admit a year plus. I tried to discourage her, knowing what our son is going to pass through. But she accused me of not being supportive.

Please I need professionals here.
This is one place I always get answers and support

What if she didnt get the job? Please let her stay with the child.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by odyx: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
My guy that your son needs financials for up keeps. Allow ur wife to work as jobs are hard to come by. Just get a maid for now and all other things will follow. Female banker with four months kids also work and are not allow to bring kids to office.

Just let her work

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by leggo: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
should you allow?? are you some sort of dictator?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by akoaki(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
Judging from the reasoning faculty of many nairalanders (maybe due to age), i doubt if you would get a good quality advice from here. Please look elsewhere in the best interest of your family.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by albovy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
My brother help us all_of a truth you may conisder that the child is 4months as you said and let your wife stay home but really the economy isn't friendly with you_iKd suggest you let that your inlaw or whoeve r is related and of age to come help out with other chores and ur wife prepare down for your baby_even if she's working, a normal work place leave for maternity is 3months so don't let ur wife with the feeling of guilt as to she's abandoning your kid..remember they even bore most of that @delivery than You lolz..but sincerely she's good yo go...the economy of that child is dependent on that her work also alongsde urs..#Candid opinion

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by ogaprime(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Odikwa very risky... Someone said 'leave a 4 months old child with a good nanny' I wonder what he means by 'good nanny'.

A good nanny?? That must be nanny mcphee...
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Cutehector(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Midehi:
yea! that is a really tough one, my own advice is to allow her mum or yours; someone very close to you to stay and help with the baby till hes of age for daycare.

goodluck!
wat if they livn in one bedroom apartment?
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by carzola(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
follow the link below for the ultimate answer ode.
MOORCHMOORE:
I am a low income earner, with a wife, son (3 months +), nephew then 1 inlaw today another tomorrow.
My wife suddenly came home day before yesterday with the news she went Job interview.
The next day, she was ask to start work on next Monday. www.google/should-i-allow-my-wife-to-leave-our-4-month-old-baby-and-start-work.com

Dilemma!
With what am passing through, I desire my wife to work so that we can meetup with some bills.

Our problem is we have a Son that is heading 4th month, her employers can't accept her with our baby.
She went to day cares around and was told they only admit a year plus. I tried to discourage her, knowing what our son is going to pass through. But she accused me of not being supportive.

Please I need professionals here.
This is one place I always get answers and support

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by kushsy: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
Your income is low,you have dependants,inlaws here and there yet you don't want your wife to work,what is the use of those inlaws coming over? Let her mother or close relation help in taking care of the baby at home..all working mothers leave their children from three month and goes back to work..its not idle or suitable but if you can manage then let her stay at home cos even a second child would come, would she resign from work then?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
This is a perfect disadvantage of having a nuclear family. undecided

@OP, do you live in the same city as your parents or your wife's parents? If yes, give the kids to them and if no, try asking other family members and friends
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by debbydee(f): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2015
money has destroyed the world. so you want to leave the young baby in the hands of a total stranger very soon you will cry foul when something happens. My question is what type of job did she get someone like her should target teaching jobs so you have ample time for family. My dear be wise. Don't chase money at the expense of family. My brother it seems you are a young couple please try to cut down extra expenses all these in law today and family tomorrow stylishly tell them to relax a bit for you to get your feet.
Peace.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by SouthernBreeze(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Seconded
Burger01:
Yes. Leave the baby in the care of a good nanny while your wife goes to work. Except if you are ready to take full resposibility of the needs of the house. smiley

Just get a nanny and allow wife to go to work smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by olawoyintolani: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
A 4 month old child needs the mother's love, care and attention. If she refuses to take care of the child properly then she wants her child to grow up and be something bad. Her primary assignment is her child. God has been providing for your needs since when you got married,till she was pregnant, so God won't forsake you...To hell with the job if it will deprive her child of her attention....
pls help drop some comments on my blogs,God bless,obrigado
www.olawoyinmustapha..com
www.naijalawlibrary..com
www.beneficialhowtodoit..com
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by omoarowolo12345: 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by blank(f): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2015
What's the big deal? Don't women get just 3 months maternity leave? Look for a good creche that accepts from 3 months.

But some questions sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Avoid My Mom? / Missing Kid Pls Help. Photo Added. / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.