Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? (22921 Views)

Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / Abandoned Nine-month-old Baby Crawling On Lagos Road Found / Wife Quarrels With Husband, Dumps Six-month-old Baby On Waste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by helistysworld: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
I hope this piece will help a bit.
Some time ago.,lost my job and got a baby and I wasn't exclusively breastfeeding. The girl drank 1 cup of formula at most 3-4days and was breastfeeding many times a day. Add the feed money + diapers + house running expenses and extended family obligations. Bros nobody told me when I dropped the girl and started a home-based business with a little capital.
Luckily for me I got the best day Care.Along the line I enrolled in a fashion school and still running my biz with baby in day care till 5-6pm daily.After some time I got a very good job and I resumed.8am-6pm daily but because of traffic jam ,u know the rest.
I decided to call it quit after my daughter started school and presently am running my biz and also nursing a baby who will soon resume day care.thank God you have a woman who is ready to work. I know some who will always use their babies to cover their laziness.
All thanks to God and to nairaland, It all started here.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by pointzero30: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
please u beta get a nanny n get use to the system cos d baby is just one n if she nurse dis baby as u wish it den means dat she will stay at home till she finishes. child birth or resigns at any time she gives birth cos her place of does nt allow children.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by AmakaZiggy: 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
Never u go for nanny unless u wnt dt small bby to suffer. Invite any of ur sibling or ur mother to stay wt u for 5 month so dt d bby wil strt day care
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by gechyy2(f): 12:18am On Jul 11, 2015
Get a creche close to the intended work place,so she can always go and breastfeed at any opportunity she has...buying pampers and baby food + other commitments from only one source of income nor easy o,talking from experience..pls let her work o..
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by tehmoney: 4:47am On Jul 11, 2015
Yes leave the child nothing will happen . Go for good creche home to care of the baby
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by NobleG1(m): 5:35am On Jul 11, 2015
MOORCHMOORE:
I am a low income earner, with a wife, son (3 months +), nephew then 1 inlaw today another tomorrow.
My wife suddenly came home day before yesterday with the news she went Job interview.
The next day, she was ask to start work on next Monday.

Dilemma!
With what am passing through, I desire my wife to work so that we can meetup with some bills.

Our problem is we have a Son that is heading 4th month, her employers can't accept her with our baby.
She went to day cares around and was told they only admit a year plus. I tried to discourage her, knowing what our son is going to pass through. But she accused me of not being supportive.

Please I need professionals here.
This is one place I always get answers and support

Yes, let her work! That you have a baby doesn't mean your wife should give up working. You should be grateful you've a wife who's willing to assist in the family financially.

She has being with the baby 24-7 for 3 months +. Let her mother or yours take over when you guys are at work. You guys still have a lot of time to be with the baby when you're home.

Money is important for the baby's welfare.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by ayonifeade(f): 10:05am On Jul 11, 2015
if u had a steady work like me you will have no choice . I took my first child to a cretch when he was just 3 month cos I had to resume workafter maternity leave. searched for a good one close to my office and I have no regrets. cos if u ask me I prefer taking my child to a creche who has a reputation and name to protect than leaving them for any inlaw who I may not be able to give instructions or one maid who may take out her frustration on an innocent child. I have just had my second baby and planning on taking him to the creche as soon as I resume. Get a good reputable creche . so many of them exist.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by adaxxy: 11:00am On Jul 11, 2015
Its no big deal, she can work and get a day care ,trust me on this bro,poverty is a contagious disease and a sin in the site of God.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by ogogoro: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
I went back to work when my first child was 5 months old and my mother in law looked after my baby. It's not ideal, but also not a big deal - get food on the table and bond when you get home. It doesn't matter what people say or how they will look at it - do what your family needs.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by Miaraka: 1:16pm On Jul 11, 2015
A baby that age needs its mother. This is also the time baby should enjoy the breast, play, learn and bond with mom. The breast is extremely important because its primary function is to facilitate brain growth which translates genius and my child's future and role in society. Crèches are not suitable at this age. Your child could be infected with a contagious disease or disappear without trace. The way out is to ask your wife to leave some breast milk for the baby and arrange for one of the grannies in your extended family or someone that you can trust with your own life to serve as the nanny. Whoever they are, they must play with the baby and feed her with breast milk so that it can learn and grow to be smart.
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by MarryMeee: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
mormoni:
NO
if his family and her family come to him for financial assistance of some sort, na you go give am?
Re: Should I Allow My Wife To Leave Our 4 Month-Old-Baby And Start Work? by mormoni(m): 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
MarryMeee:
if his family and her family come to him for financial assistance of some sort, na you go give am?
yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Avoid My Mom? / Missing Kid Pls Help. Photo Added. / I Eventually Got My Mum A Car Gift On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.