Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,801 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:32 PM

Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online (5871 Views)

Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) / When Teacher Forgets And You Want To Remind Him Of Homework (Photo) / Photo - Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Legaycey: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Homeless boy doing his homework by McDonald's light inspires thousands online

This photo of a young homeless boy doing
his homework using the light from a
McDonald's is inspiring people all over the
world.
Medical student, Joyce Torrefranca, took the
picture in the Philippine city of Cebu and posted it on Facebook saying: "I got inspired by a kid." It shows 9-year-old Daniel Cabrera kneeling on the pavement with the famous golden arches in the background.
He's using a makeshift wooden bench as he
writes in his workbook.
"For me as a student, it just hit me a lot, like big time," Joyce Torrefranca told the Philippine news network ABS-CBN.

"This kid, he doesn't have anything but he has
dedication to study."

Joyce said seeing Daniel struggling with his
homework inspired her to work harder.
The photo was quickly shared thousands of times with other people saying they'd been inspired by him too.

Daniel was tracked down by ABS-CBN News who discovered his dad had died when his home was destroyed in a fire. One of his siblings is sick and he now studies on the pavement outside McDonald's every night,
near another restaurant where his mum works.

Joyce believes Daniel's example can show us all that anything is possible through hard work. After the photos went viral, the local social welfare officer visited the Cabrera family to offer help.
The story of Joyce's photo also made it onto the local Philippine News, TV Patrol, with people congratulating her for highlighting Daniel's plight. Cols Salinas commented on her Facebook page:

"It touched the life of that kid and his family. It
inspired a lot of people. And touched everyone's hearts.
"Your (sic) such a good example of helping other people pursue their dreams. Job well done."

14 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by sirthisthickkal: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
coughs.
..sips zobo..

4 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by KOLZY(m): 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
wow.
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Artistree: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
Who's sponsoring his studies then? :-
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by alphajerus(m): 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
mtscheeeeeeeew life has got many lessons to teach us. We myt have today and make a hell lot of noise not tinking or minding wether others have thiers... I am so touched by dis story and i dedicate it (FTC) again to all the ORPHANS,HOMELESS,HELPLESS,PHYSICALY CHALENGED.AND ABOVE ALL SICK PEOPLE . I love you all Alpha jerus.hurray!!!!! dont worry be HaPPY

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Artistree: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
Who's sponsoring his education? undecided
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by ramdris(m): 3:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
That's a future great man right there!

1 Like

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by dammywapes(m): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
Artistree:
Am in support of your question. the rate at which people bring up picture and add story to it is somehow.

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by AirstarKane(f): 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
dammywapes:
Am in support of your question. the rate at which people bring up picture and add story to it is somehow.

Aswear same question I wanna ask but then this also happen in Nigeria just that we use candle. God bless our hardwork.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Beamborla(f): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Artistree:
The article or news or whatever only said homeless and not orphaned. His mother works close to McDonald.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by IamPatriotic(m): 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Artistree:

try and read to the end articles of this importance (more so it is short) before you comment so as not to create an odd impression about yourself.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Pavore9: 3:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Inspiring.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by dammywapes(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
AirstarKane:

Aswear same question I wanna ask but then this also happen in Nigeria just that we use candle. God bless our hardwork.
amen
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by boss1310(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
i feel for the little boy awwww yet
i used kerosine lantern throughout my boarding
schools and university.these white men will come to naija to seek inspirations too where students make their beds in classrooms and even school pupil attend lectures under the trees

1 Like

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by sweetguy10(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Artistree:

You sound dumb , did You even read the article at all ? His mom works in a restaurant near the said McDonald's . He is homeless doesn't mean he is an orphan . ( the "homeless" there doesn't even mean that he sleeps on te street . Mshew

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Legaycey: 4:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
[b][/b]
Artistree:

Daniel was tracked down by ABS-CBN News who discovered his dad had died when his home was destroyed in a fire. One of his siblings is sick and he now studies on the pavement outside McDonald's every night,

Homeless and not an orphan. So the mum sponsors but homeless

5 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by mactoni91(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
d boy might be drawing Lil wayne or might even be writing rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by ellahzy(f): 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Oh No

why do I feel tears coming to my eyes embarassed.

**runs out of thread to find handkerchief**

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Haywhymido(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2015
talk of d lad that knw where he is going that is him up there. make i download d pictures jawe,so dat anytime i want to get lazy with books ah go jst av a look at it.
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
This picture brought tears to my eyes. I don't know why....
cry
cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Beautiful!!!
Some people have this opportunity and are misusing it!! I hope someone comes to his aid! embarassed embarassed
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by drss(m): 6:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
*tears tissue paper*
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by gabrielahamz(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
This calls for sober reflection for all those who feel they are entitled to everything and as such sit on their asses all day long blaming the govt and society but themselves. I've been inspired by this simple act. Where there is a will, there is a way...

1 Like

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Abbey2sam(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Artistree:

are you really this dumb ? or just pretending to be silly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by CUM4WHAT(m): 6:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
WHY IS THIS NOT ON FRONTPAGE.......... ishilove
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Artistree: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
Legaycey:
[b][/b]

Homeless and not an orphan. So the mum sponsors but homeless
Thank you very much, and to all d disrespectful shilren dat have thrown moral decadence to the wind, may ur days be long..
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Artistree: 6:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
IamPatriotic:

try and read to the end articles of this importance (more so it is short) before you comment so as not to create an odd impression about yourself.
Worefa
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by tpiander: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hmm, if you see this one nko:

Most african kids have never even seen a macdonalds.

Lord have mercy, hope the kid in the op gets the assistance he needs for housing, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by tpiander: 6:50pm On Jul 10, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by echo2(m): 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
There aRe no excuses for failure
Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by tpiander: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
echo2:
There aRe no excuses for failure

What about not being able to afford textbooks.

1 Like

Re: Homeless Boy Doing His Homework By Mcdonald's Light Inspires Thousands Online by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
at least there's a mc donalds light available for free. . . let him come to naija.... good boy though, it must mean a lot in america.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeyemi College Of Education( Affiliated To OAU)2016/2017 Direct Entry / Neco 2016 Biology Practical Specimen-cockroach / ASUU Has Finally Called Off The Strike !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.