Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,364 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION (29957 Views)

Ikoyi $43 Million: Five Osborne Towers VIP Tenants Under EFCC Probe / Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles / List Of Former Governors Under Efcc Watch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by shotster50(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2015
While it is commendable that EFCC has been proactive of late, they should also see to it that they get results and not just some PR gimmick for the public... Their arrest rate is going up but conviction rates for high profile cases are dismal.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Shubbylee(m): 12:45pm On Jul 11, 2015
kishimi8:

USA not equals nigeria
No Nigerian senator will resign from the security the Senate offers to be a minister that can be replaced on a whim of the president..

Mr know it all. I agree I'm ignorant.

we both Practice democracy (Nigeria &USA), for a serving senator to be called from the Chambers to serve as a minister is enough assurance that the President believes in his ability thus the security of his job! I don't know it all....but what I don't know I don't say!! try that and U'll be better for it!!
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Funpeter: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
worksmart:
Did you not read the conclusion?
of course i did thats why am asking cos i dont understand may you can as well explain better.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Funpeter: 12:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
worksmart:
Did you not read the conclusion?
of cause i did thats why am asking cos i dont understand maybe you can as well explain better.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Holyman3(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2015
Shubbylee:

U call urself Holyman and u're abusing the father of Sum1 U've not even seen b4, at d same time calling him a bastard, on top Goodluck Jonathan and govt matter oo!! instead of u to expend ur energy on how u can develop Nigeria and be a billionaire like GEJ and co!! Be Wise!!

The reason why we are where we are is that people like you think everyone should be a billionaire.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2015
If I am Rotimi Amaechi, I will ask the presido one favor.
Ambassador to Mexico
Spend my time watching Telemundo, on a 100inch screen HDTV.
Getting daily body rub from dainty fingers Mexic ladies.
Ever listen to smooth bossa nova with Dr dre headphones, and kiss Nigeria noisy problems good bye for 3years
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by MyMouth(m): 1:08pm On Jul 11, 2015
johnpalmer774:

If the Senator resign who will then replace them ??or will another Election be conducted ??will that not be a waste of resources ??
Yeah, there is gonna be another election, a by election to fill in the sit. It may be a waste of resources but the sit cannot remain vacant so there has to be a by-election.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
buhari obviously wants to lead alone, like a military dictator.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by jinxet2000: 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Shut! What's your definition of 'something' or 'nothing'?!

Turning down N400m armoured mercedes benz is nothing? Reducing the cost of Governance is nothing? Reducing his salary by 50% is nothing? If Jonathan had possessed this quality, I wouldn't have seen it as anything. So since your Oga (Jonah) woefully failed, then keep shut or clap for Baba!

Need people like you to be responding to people who won't analyze their thoughts before they cast it to the public. Sometimes, I wonder if people are just naive or they are jut ordinary partisans. Please keep it up.
In fact someone should write a program that would either return merit or trash for all statements on NL because NL is becoming uninteresting.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Ama80(f): 1:22pm On Jul 11, 2015
frankyychiji:
What manner of post is this? Are kwakwanso and Goje not federal senators??
I wonder ooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by kishimi8(m): 1:31pm On Jul 11, 2015
Shubbylee:

we both Practice democracy (Nigeria &USA), for a serving senator to be called from the Chambers to serve as a minister is enough assurance that the President believes in his ability thus the security of his job! I don't know it all....but what I don't know I don't say!! try that and U'll be better for it!!
I never knew we had an exact replica of the American constitution in nigeria .

What I said is common knowledge, carry your usa story keep to yourself abeg..
Usa not equals nigeria: their kind of democracy does not apply here, Mr I say what I know.

I wonder why you decided to pick just my post, I can see over 10 post sharing the same view as me, and funny thing is I did not even write a comment I just quoted someone else and said "" tell them""
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Olameen1713: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
handie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buharis-cabinet-nominees-under-efcc-probe-face-tough-hurdles/
Nothing he does will satisfy the ingrate people of Nigeria. GEJ appointed his mushroom cabinet members as quickly as xpected but got it all wrong & he was bullied at the end, if PMB does his appointment with haste and falls in GEJ's trap who will be his frontiers critics? Ingrate Nigerians. So why the rush when he knows exactly what is on ground, whr he's going, and wat is going to do. Nigerians should beta go to bed and be patience just for once in their life for the betterment of our next generations. SLOW & STEADY WINS D RACE. Ride on sir. In God I trust. In PMB I support.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by IYANGBALI: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by basty: 1:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
sending many to prison and doing nothing in return doesn't depict a good leader.

And your fathefw who is a farmer cannot be made a minister of Agriculture.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Shubbylee(m): 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
kishimi8:
I never knew we had an exact replica of the American constitution in nigeria .

What I said is common knowledge, carry your usa story keep to yourself abeg..
Usa not equals nigeria: their kind of democracy does not apply here, Mr I say what I know.

I wonder why you decided to pick just my post, I can see over 10 post sharing the same view as me, and funny thing is I did not even write a comment I just quoted someone else and said "" tell them""

Nigeria adopted USA's style of Democracy....I'm not fighting u bro, ion know u and u don't know me....I've made my point, take it or leave it!! cheers!
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Shubbylee(m): 2:49pm On Jul 11, 2015
Holyman3:

The reason why we are where we are is that people like you think everyone should be a billionaire.

Nah Bro!! the reason why we are where we are is because People like u with lots of potential to be GREAT prefer to come to NL and Abuse pple/ their fathers cos of their opinions, pple u don't know just cos its a faceless forum, channel ur energy into making Nigeria work my brother....God bless you!
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Turning down N400m armoured mercedes benz is nothing? Reducing the cost of Governance is nothing? Reducing his salary by 50% is nothing? If Jonathan had possessed this quality, I wouldn't have seen it as anything. So since your Oga (Jonah) woefully failed, then keep shut or clap for Baba!

Sometimes I wonder the type of political oblivion you exist

Jonathan did both.

He reduced his salary and that of political office holders by 30%

Austerity: 30 per cent pay slash for Jonathan, ministers, others

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/03/austerity-30-per-cent-pay-slash-for-Jonathan-ministers-others/

He refused to approve the N400 million armoured car leaving the decision for Buhari to make.

You have no reason to blame Jonathan than your lack of exposure and ignorance in current status of political affairs in government.

Gush

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by JoshGiantfeet(m): 3:04pm On Jul 11, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Who cares?

When I place even your own deepest expectations of a government of ur country side by side with this, not to talk of what common sense dictates in a country seeking positive changes..I can't help but wonder what wisdom is in this statement.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Sometimes I wonder the type of political oblivion you exist

Jonathan did both.

He reduced his salary and that of political office holders by 30%

Austerity: 30 per cent pay slash for Jonathan, ministers, others

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/03/austerity-30-per-cent-pay-slash-for-Jonathan-ministers-others/

He refused to approve the N400 million armoured car leaving the decision for Buhari to make.

You have no reason to blame Jonathan than your lack of exposure and ignorance in current status of political affairs in government.

Gush
Lier. It's after the subsidy removal protest in 2012 that Jonathan "reduced" his salary. We didn't hear anything after then from the RMAFC to that effect to determine whether or not it's true.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Lier. It's after the subsidy removal protest in 2012 that Jonathan "reduced" his salary. We didn't hear anything after then from the RMAFC to that effect to determine whether or not it's true.

Why then are you trying to credit Buhari with all "will, intends, proposes" while denying Jonathan's straight forward commitment and pronouncements?

The Director -General of the Budget Office of the Federation, Dr. Bright Okogu, who revealed this at the weekend when he spoke to The Guardian exclusively in Abuja, said the directive takes immediate effect. All classes of political appointees including Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Federal Government agencies are affected by the pay cut order

His words: “Political office holders’ salaries are being cut by between 20-30 per cent, ranging from permanent secretaries, directors’ general and so on all the way to ministers. This, however, does not amount to very much, but the purpose is to show the commitment of this administration that if they want to make adjustment, they want to do it and lead by.

“Beyond this pay cut, you can also look at the expenditure side and see pruning measures such as some of the things the people do on a yearly basis to decorate offices. We are encouraging government officials to delay such things like getting new office buildings or such things. We are going to focus on things that are really important for recurrent spending.

Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Holyman3(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2015
I
Shubbylee:

Nah Bro!! the reason why we are where we are is because People like u with lots of potential to be GREAT prefer to come to NL and Abuse pple/ their fathers cos of their opinions, pple u don't know just cos its a faceless forum, channel ur energy into making Nigeria work my brother....God bless you!

You seem not to understand what I said.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by nagoma(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2015
LET US PRAY -

Oh God! Let the nation be in such a state that law abiding citizens will be of high standing , and those disobedient to our laws will be humiliated, and oh Lord let there be enforcing of good conduct and standing against bad conduct as a national symbol. You are the one who hears our supplication . We glorify your name , You are the mighty the wise and the just and infallible God. Amen.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by liveexoticfish: 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2015
Read this short story about slow and steady
A man has a dog and cat waching a rat that will come out from wardrop dog are baackin gbogbo !!!! Every min And Cat keep moarin once and silent for 10hours interver
Sundely the rat came out my question is
Who will carch the rat Cat or dog ?? pls let Baba carch the best for himself U will not be blame when the old man carch the wroug ones baba will carry his blame
Not all the racer win the race slow and steady win the race
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by pBuhari(f): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2015
if Rotimi Amaechi make that list then we know that papa Buhari is supporting corruption
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Brytawon(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2015
Buhari had more than a month to do what ever list he want but chose to use Nigerians for his games... SMH
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Chigold101(m): 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2015
HighQue007:
Quality of a good leader.
lolzzz Say something else today and say something in reverse the next day...
Brainless Daura President

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by aboabai(m): 8:35pm On Jul 11, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Technically speaking...they could be made ministers....but they would have to resign from the Senate...and a supplementary election would be held in their constituencies to replace them.

It has never happened though (Atiku was made PDP's VP candidate when he had just been selected as the PDP governorship candidate for Adamawa in 1999).

Not selected but won the governorship election given his vice the opportunity to became the governor of adamawa in 1999
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by blazer90707: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Charly68:
What if there prosecution is based on empty allegation ? The truth is the delay in the constitution of the cabinet is causing a lot of problems..investors couldn't come to stake their resources because they don't know the direction of the Govt yet. Look at NASS brouhaha,that nonsense wouldn't have happened if baba keep pace with time.. He is slowing down so many things in the name of clearing the mess. Nigeria is too big for this kind of one man show..
M telling you.thats how we would continue to give excuses for buhari and blame gej for the state of the country until four years would roll by and little or nothing would have been done by this present administration.leave gej he is nigeria's past.buhari nd apc is our present and probably our future,so please we should stop trying to blame gej for every wrong doing of this administration.lets move on.the damage has been done already.m tired of hearing'' buhari has not or didn't do this or that because gej dis this''
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by blazer90707: 8:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Charly68:
What if there prosecution is based on empty allegation ? The truth is the delay in the constitution of the cabinet is causing a lot of problems..investors couldn't come to stake their resources because they don't know the direction of the Govt yet. Look at NASS brouhaha,that nonsense wouldn't have happened if baba keep pace with time.. He is slowing down so many things in the name of clearing the mess. Nigeria is too big for this kind of one man show..
M telling you.thats how we would continue to give excuses for buhari and blame gej for the state of the country until four years would roll by and little or nothing would have been done by this present administration.leave gej he is nigeria's past.buhari nd apc is our present and probably our future,so please we should stop trying to blame gej for every wrong doing of this administration.lets move on.the damage has been done already.m tired of hearing'' buhari has not or didn't do this or that because gej did this''
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by RainboAfricana(m): 11:20pm On Jul 11, 2015
i dont know why people think as if they dont have common sense we re all in dis same country dat has been destroyed years ago and u expect dis man to perform miracle asking him for quick action why dint u ask d pass leaders dat, some youth in nigeria only went to school no possitive change in them waste product.
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Johnsinia(m): 12:51am On Jul 12, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

Why must u mention a hero's name in an attempt to defend ur cow slave lord?
Re: Buhari’s Cabinet: Nominees Under EFCC Probe Face Tough Hurdles-the NATION by Shaadey: 12:53am On Jul 12, 2015
donphilopus:
[s][/s]

let them know

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her / Wike On Edo Election: South-South Governors Will Be In Edo To Stop Intimidation / Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.