Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her (29955 Views)

Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim / Xenophobic Attacks: Why Nigeria Won't Retaliate Now - Gbajabiamila / Emir Sanusi - I Won't Leave My Throne To Run For Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by maupe: 9:31am On May 25, 2016

The Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II, Tuesday, strongly kicked against child marriage.
Addressing a conference of Northern Muslims Religious Leaders Forum on Primary Health care in Kano, the former Central Bank Governor explained that the reproductive health challenges associated with such practice was enough to discouraged the age long tradition.

Sanusi said that Nigeria Muslims were ardent followers of Maliki school of thought like Morocco, Malaysia and Egypt, stressing that those brotherly countries had since pegged marriage age.

In his words “I believe the time is ripe to take a stand on this age long practice of early marriage, and coincidentally we subscribed to Malikiyya school of thought like Morocco, Malaysia and Egypt who had since pegged marriage age to 17, 19 and 18 respectively”.

He further condemned some cultural practices that encouraged polygamy, adding that, “some of those who engage in this practice do not have the necessary economic power to support themselves”.

The emir who took his audience through historical lane explained that “in the past, cities like Kano, Katsina, Aghadez, and Timbuktu hold economic power of the Sahel region, and this economic prospect had since shifted to coastal cities around the globe”.

Commenting on wife battery, the emir said that Islam abhors assault on women.

He enjoined those involved in the act to desist from such practice.

He disclosed that “I don’t expect my in-law to lay his hand on my daughter, but I have since urged her to retaliate any form of assault from her husband”.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/25/i-asked-my-daughter-to-retaliate-if-her-husband-beats-her-emir-sanusi/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Nobody: 9:48am On May 25, 2016
Wareffa!

*modified

Retaliate like slap him back .... Anyway the guy get plenty children... He wouldn't be much pained if he loses one...

Smh...

6 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by jumper524(m): 10:05am On May 25, 2016
He disclosed that “I don’t expect my in-law to lay his hand on my daughter, but I have since urged her to retaliate any form of assault from her husband”. wrong move here emir

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by TheArchangel(f): 10:11am On May 25, 2016
jumper524:
He disclosed that “I don’t expect my in-law to lay
his hand on my daughter, but I have since urged
her to retaliate any form of assault from her
husband”. wrong move here emir
Nay. That is the right move.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by CACAWA(m): 10:37am On May 25, 2016
TheArchangel:
its wrong.

Two wrongs can never make a right.

If she retaliates and he harms her, would he be happy?

The reasonable thing to do is report to the authorities, or anyone who can wade in.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by TheArchangel(f): 10:41am On May 25, 2016
CACAWA:
its wrong.

The reasonable thing to do is report to the authorities, or anyone who can wade in.
OK.
I'd think training girls in self defense and some combats skills will suffice. wink. Don't kill me but it is necessary abeg. undecided

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by VulgarVulvas: 10:45am On May 25, 2016
Shut up you lying emir

Your koran not only promotes wife beating but also cannibalising one's wife if hungry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by ki02020(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2016
TheArchangel:

Hope you have a father well position like sanusi
That you can call on when the gobe start

Cuz baba GOD may not pick your call early when the gobe start and you're shouting for help
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by TheArchangel(f): 10:53am On May 25, 2016
ki02020:

Hope you have a father well position like sanusi
That you can call on when the gobe start

Cuz baba GOD may not pick your call early when the gobe start and you're shouting for help
Not all women you can mess with. I have combat skills sir, so I think your subtle threats are meant for the ordinary lovey dovey ladies who doesn't know jack about self-defense.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by ki02020(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2016
TheArchangel:
Not all women you can mess with. I have combat skills sir, so I think your subtle threats are meant for the ordinary lovey dovey ladies who doesn't know jack about self-defense.

Self defence!!! Hmm hope you're not the type that love to bite off the joystick shocked

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by TheArchangel(f): 11:47am On May 25, 2016
ki02020:

Self defence!!! Hmm hope you're not the type that love to bite off the joystick shocked
Haba!!!.
Give me some respect na

Don't worry, I always go for the jugular.

5 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Stalwert: 11:53am On May 25, 2016
No be only retaliate but kick him in the nut sack. It reminds me when metuh was drinking coolaid with Nigeria's money today then he didn't know how it hurt the vulnerable but today we want to cage him and he is forming sick....so also are useless men who hit their wives unless a similar pain is reciprocated they wil think they are basically massaging their wives faces.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Stalwert: 11:54am On May 25, 2016
CACAWA:
its wrong.

Abusive spouse require abuse themselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by dukie25: 12:20pm On May 25, 2016
Emir Sanusi has no moral authority to speak on marriages.
This is coming from 54yr old Emir who married a teenager and regularly sleeps with married women.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3757657_sanusi_jpeg97f7935560263a40b10a4225e59f67c7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3757658_sanusiandmistress_jpeg0e9b8ae07e8b4ef86ad180e57ef8e177

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Lexusgs430: 12:20pm On May 25, 2016
Why not? You slap me, I slap you back. You beat me, I beat you back. What is good for the goose, is better for the cooking pot!!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by TFLAME(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2016
I'm hungry
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Sijo01(f): 12:21pm On May 25, 2016
First it was the avocation of the banned of under age marriage, now this! This man is up to something.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Seeeeeeee: 12:21pm On May 25, 2016
Islam religion of Peace!
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by 9jatatafo(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2016
Na today day break abi?
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by okuneddie(m): 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
we have being bin saying it but they won't listen....they call us kafiri (unbelievers), our Muslims here in SW told them they said they aren't practising Islam,as if they have grown better and wiser than them....well since this is coming from u I hope they agree but some pple like yerima will kick against it...well Na their prob cos come near my family even if Na distant family and pple will never believe u get prokos down there before.....Meanwhile make I laff small....

A very wealthy man had a Birthday party and he
invited everyone in his town. In his Mansion, he
had a big pool filled with alligators. So he
announced that anyone who was able to swim
across the pool and come out unarmed would be
granted three wishes.
Immediately, there was complete silence, nobody
wanted to risk his or her life. All of a Sudden,
there was a big splash and AY was swimming like
hell! He successfully came out alive.
He was then given a round of applause. Everyone
was anxious to know what gave AY the courage
to do it, but then, the host asked, "What are your
three wishes?"
AY replied, "Give me a shotgun, 3 rounds of shells
(bullets) and show me the idiot who pushed me
inside the Pool!."

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
He's a powerful man... So he strongly believes he can't beat her up...
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by felifeli: 12:23pm On May 25, 2016
But if Fayose says his people should also defend themselves , people like you will say he is wicked .
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Strawman: 12:24pm On May 25, 2016
TheArchangel:

Can you beat this man?

11 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 25, 2016
[quote author=TheArchangel post=45951445]Not all women you can mess with. I have combat skills sir, so I think your subtle threats are meant for the ordinary lovey dovey ladies who doesn't know jack about self-defense.[/quote

Ifihear

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Pavore9: 12:25pm On May 25, 2016
"He further condemned some cultural practices that encouraged polygamy, adding that, “some of those who engage in this practice do not have the necessary economic power to support themselves”..........Their children become a burden to Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by reverendfather: 12:26pm On May 25, 2016
okay but what is the main function of an emir.
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by ndcide(m): 12:26pm On May 25, 2016
And if she lays her hands on your in-law in whatever way, he should by all means retaliate.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Ifebazz(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2016
Hope told her not to misbehave too.
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by neocortex: 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
CACAWA:
its wrong.

Perfect excuse of abusers.
Why initiate "one" wrong if "two" wrongs
never make a right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by free2ryhme: 12:33pm On May 25, 2016
retaliate by throw tuwo and shinkafa at him grin
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by hotdi(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2016
Before she retaliate, I hope she has good muscle as a man? if not na die be that o grin
Wrong parental instruction though angry
Re: Emir Sanusi: I Asked My Daughter To Retaliate If Her Husband Beats Her by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 25, 2016
I have never been a fan of SLS but I have thrown my weight totally behind his advice to his daughter to retaliate any assault by her husband.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari Carries Baby Musa. He Looks Healthy Now / Saraki: What Buhari, Oshiomhole, APC Lawmakers Plan To Do Today – Timi Frank / How Buhari Govt Planned To Transfer $110M Abacha Loot To Bagudu - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.