Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,258 members, 7,829,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video (1057 Views)

Photo Of Another Nigerian Soldier Killed By The Boko Haram / Find And Kill The Boko Haram Men Who Raped, Impregnated Us; Abducted Girls(pics) / Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by tbaba1234: 8:05am On Jul 11, 2015
These are a few observations

It was a propaganda video with the objective of showing perceived strength but it only showed weakness. There were no APCs, only mounted cars and a few men with guns.

There seemed to be attacking a small military post in Niger, the soldiers killed looked like Nigerien soldiers not Nigerians. A small military post because their spoils were very little.

Even the vehicles seized did not look Nigerian. The Id card shown was that of a Nigerien.

As much as possible, I will urge Seun and his moderators to give boko haram propaganda video, the least attention. Infact, I would urge a blackout on their propaganda.

The war will be won.

1 Like

Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by HungerBAD: 8:07am On Jul 11, 2015
Your head dey THERE

1 Like

Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by Macwytt(m): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2015
O
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by Lordave: 8:20am On Jul 11, 2015
tbaba1234:
These are a few observations

It was a propaganda video with the objective of showing perceived strength but it only showed weakness. There were no APCs, only mounted cars and a few men with guns.

There seemed to be attacking a small military post in Niger, the soldiers killed looked like Nigerien soldiers not Nigerians. A small military post because their spoils were very little.

Even the vehicles seized did not look Nigerian.

As much as possible, I will urge Seun and his moderators to give boko haram propaganda video, the least attention. Infact, I would urge a blackout on their propaganda.

The war will be won.
This is how you keep turning blind eye to pressing issues while the problems keep eating deep into the society. You politicians are pathetic! Does it matter if the soldiers killed are Nigerians or not? The fact that these guys are operating in Nigeria and neighboring countries is enough to throw every effort available to curtail or even eliminate their activities in Nigeria or even West Africa as a whole.

This is how you keep denying Boko Haram activities in Nigeria while people are bombed almost everyday. Na your family abi na your village vigilante group dey bomb people for Kano, Kaduna, Jos, etc?

Why are people so heartless? We shouldn't discuss boko haram surging strength on Nairaland for the world to see and come to our rescue because it makes your APC government look weak, but we should pretend we are winning and let people die in hundreds every week to make Buhari look Stronger than Napoleon?

Why? Why? Why? Why Why are some people so dumb and cruel?

3 Likes

Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 11, 2015
Lordave:
This is how you keep turning blind eye to pressing issues while the problems keep eating deep into the society. You politicians are pathetic! Does it matter if the soldiers killed are Nigerians or not? The fact that these guys are operating in Nigeria and neighboring countries is enough to throw every effort available to curtail or even eliminate their activities in Nigeria or even West Africa as a whole.

This is how you keep denying Boko Haram activities in Nigeria while people are bombed almost everyday. Na your family abi na your village vigilante group dey bomb people for Kano, Kaduna, Jos, etc?

Why are people so heartless? We shouldn't discuss boko haram surging strength on Nairaland for the world to see and come to our rescue because it makes your APC government look weak, but we should pretend we are winning and let people die in hundreds every week to make Buhari look Stronger than Napoleon?

Speaking the truth and ignoring propaganda is dumb and cruel?

The main aim of such Video is to incite fear. Propagating it is just aiding the terrorists do their bidding.

1 Like

Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by tbaba1234: 8:36am On Jul 11, 2015
lordave:

I am not a politician. I am only stating what I saw. I saw weakness not strength. My view has nothing to do with Buhari.

You are correct that an attack even on a neighbouring country is unacceptable but my point is they seem to be seeking weaker targets. In the past, they took down big Nigerian barracks.

Also, the propaganda videos are made for such effects. Major TV stations globally do not show ISIS propaganda videos, for a reason.

Finally, we are on the same team and want to see the end to the insurgency.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by DaBullIT(m): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2015
At best your comment is dumb, someone's trying to explain that Boko haram is putting up a show, to frighten people,

they have lesser capacity than they are trying to portray and that efforts will not stop so the war will be won, you are saying that he's wicked

I watched the video and I understand where he's coming from, apart from the mortars and AK rifles i think the mounted machine gun video is a visual effect

So before you talk, try to understand the subject

Lordave:

Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by scribble: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2015
johnny1980:

The main aim of such Video is to incite fear. Propagating it is just aiding the terrorists do their bidding.

Pls you making sense

Dont let him derail your IQ until it descends to his level of stupi**ty
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by Lordave: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2015
johnny1980:

The aim of the video is not to incite fear alone. Unless you're saying there isn't fear already. The aim of the video is to show what Boko Haram is capable of, what they have the guts to do. The aim of the video is for Nigeria and the world to take them serious.

A group that has killed more than 700 people in not less than 10 separate attacks in the last couple of months wants to incite fear with just a video?
Just look at what you're saying.
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by idu1(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2015
Yea. Its a fuvking propaganda...
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 11, 2015
Lordave:
The aim of the video is not to incite fear alone. Unless you're saying there isn't fear already. The aim of the video is to show what Boko Haram is capable of, what they have the guts to do. The aim of the video is for Nigeria and the world to take them serious.

A group that has killed more than 700 people in not less than 10 separate attacks in the last couple of months wants to incite fear with just a video?
Just look at what you're saying.

You don't understand psychology and propaganda during warfare.

A single Vietnamese man scared 100s of American soldier into a retreat when they wanted to attack a village by going round town. Shouting in the middle of the night and causing a nuisance.

The main aim of this video is to show their ISIS allegiance and present the fact that they are comparatively as technically sound as ISIS which blew up a Bahrainian war plane and emolated the pilot. When we know they don't have the capacity.

700 through suicide attacks. They are even short of fighters and now paying 2500 to unsuspecting kids to go blow themselves up. Learn the art of warfare oga and stop throwing stones where it doesn't belong.
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by mohammad11: 9:13am On Jul 12, 2015
I‘ve reason with what the OP said and I realised too.
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by tessylove2(f): 9:16am On Jul 12, 2015
Re: A Few Notes On The Boko Haram Video by architez: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2015
TRUE!

Forgive me.
There is this raging thread where they r saying that Muhammad (PBUH) slept with a six year old. Please help me tell them it's not true.
Here is the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/2439827/age-consent-sex-what-want

(1) (Reply)

Political Cartoons -the State Bailout Drama / Gusau Appointed DG Of Budget Office / Fear Of Buhari: IBB Returns ‘part’ Of $12.4bn Gulf Oil Windfall Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.