Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,473 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. (8833 Views)

Jumia Is A Scam..... (PICS) / Jumia Is At It Again!!! / JUMIA Is A BIG Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
una never chi chum chi. Ur just getting started. stopped using jumia a long time ago. i dey craze when computer village never shut down. D problem with Nigerian businesses is when they first start they worship their customers but when they make name for themselves they start 2 misbehave for getting that its d same customers who made them who they are. I wonder when Nigerian businesses would ever get things right with customer care service.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
Had a nasty experience with jumia. Even their Ghana branch is worse. Kaymu Ghana is beating them 2 their own game. A friend ordered for a techno m6 from jumia gh. order received said they would send d package the nxt day. package didn't arrive till 2 wks time dats after my friend had grown impatient & gotten it from.a store in town. He simply told them he wasn't buying again shikena. They shld take their phone to wherever they brought it from. All this after I had over hyped Jumia for him finish. I never whispered d word jumia to any one again ever not even my worst enemy would i never advice to patronize Jumia.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Same experience ibhad with Jumia Nigeria. ordered an Injoo T1 tablet from them, paid online with my MasterCard, money was deducted from my account but tablet never showed up @ my doorstep. had to even open a thread on nairaland about the issue. All I kept getting from their customer care was " we r looking into the issue & ur money would be refunded shortly" for where. One month my money still dey their hand. Finally took d case 2 my bank & they refunded me my money back. That was the red flag never to do business with Jumia ever again. M pained. It best u go to an LG store or Haier Thermocool store for ur electronics & computer village 4 ur gadgets & test it there urself with warranty @ least u would be sure to return it back if it develops any fault and it would be changed for u. My 2 cents.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by ray48: 1:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Silverman42:

Based on your post, i am screwed. I just returned the defective infinix zero 2 they gave me yesterday and they told me the whole issue will be resolved within a week. Hope i have not gotten into a mess.
If they do not resolve it, post ur complaints so that every body will see it and be aware of their dubiousness.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jumia sells both good and refurbish laptop together and it takes a third eye to know, sometimes it's when you open the laptop to fix an issue you would see that it is refurbish
Since then, na computer village my leg they reach but when I am not in Lagos na konga win am,they ship free self if it's their own item
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by sureteeboy(m): 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chimezie250:
You are right bro, bought a defective 16gig SanDisk card from them last week
Were you able to get a refund? I just bought a fake memory card from them yesterday.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by henryskywalker2003(m): 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Jumia, Konga, Kaymu, etc. They are all the same. They will start off well, gain and build up good, solid rep and goodwill from customers. When they have a large clientele and become a household name, they will then rest on their oars, believing that no matter what they do now, their rep will keep the customers coming. Anyway, God knows that I can't buy some certain items here in Nigeria again, especially phones and other electronic gadgets. I now prefer to purchase my stuff from Amazon, Ebay, BestBuy, Walmart, etc. When it comes to phones especially, to avoid "Had I known", I usually stick with branded phones that I can unlock and use (AT&T is my preferred telco in US cos their unlock policy is unmatched by none). Note, even buying from these sites mentioned still has their risks too and one can get a defective product shipped to him/her. The difference here is that if that rare case do occur, you can actually log a complaint and the seller won't send you on a merry go round or keep telling you stories for weeks on end.

But unfortunately, a lot of us have gotten so used to the Chinese OEMs that full market and will never dream of buying a phone worth more than 30k. If you are such a person, and you have the Patience of Job, then you can simply wait for any big holiday in the US, when they usually hold massive sales, and buy phones and gadgets at rock bottom prices.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Silverman42(m): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
ray48:

If they do not resolve it, post ur complaints so that every body will see it and be aware of their dubiousness.
Sure thing na. I won't want anybody to get burned by these guy
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Jeffflo: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Whoop! MetalWorks LLC is offering a PRICE SLASH ON all WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT JOBS for prospective and existing customers. What does this mean for me you ask? Right you are. What is means is that from the beginning of this month, your photography blogs, e-commerce sites, fora et.al may all be set up with the minimum of fuss with our crack team of programmers. As additional incentive, the option of PAYMENT IN INSTALLMENTS is available upon agreement. Great huh? Of course you think so, you bargain-hunter you. So yeah, call Toby on 07033503357 to set up your free consultation today. You'll be glad you did.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Chimezie250(m): 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
sureteeboy:
Were you able to get a refund? I just bought a fake memory card from them yesterday.
no
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by sureteeboy(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chimezie250:
no
You didn't lodge your complain?
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by gr8femfred: 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
sureteeboy:
You didn't lodge your complain?
JUMIA is thief
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by ayoa123: 11:14am On Jul 13, 2015
gr8femfred:
I don't know if anyone observed that JUMIA Service is getting worst on a daily bases? I used to shop on JUMIA and almost all my things was bought through them but recently i discover that JUMIA is selling fake product and you will never get your money in return.
I bought Infinix hot note pro from JUMIA during their mega week and I was told that I will be given a promo sim with 3g data for six month but till date JUMIA only playing on their customers without thinking of the outcome. I think JUMIA is now taking advantage of Nigerians. as am talking I have goods wort of 69k with them and they only promise to send me voucher for the past 2month.
here is my advice please think twice before you shop with them. you might be lucky and if the product is bad that is the end. because of the nature of my job I prefer buying things online, I don't mind if you can recommend a better complain to me. PLEASE RUN FOR JUMIA. from olarwajufemi@gmail.com

I must have been lucky with my purchase. You can just send a mail to communityATjumia.com.ng so your 69k can be returned to you. It really doesnt take long tho or better still call their customer service to have it solved sharp sharp.

Although,what i do is send all my details in one mail straight to them, sometimes they call back to verify some information and then i received an update later on.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by ayoa123: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2015
dumo1:
Same experience ibhad with Jumia Nigeria. ordered an Injoo T1 tablet from them, paid online with my MasterCard, money was deducted from my account but tablet never showed up @ my doorstep. had to even open a thread on nairaland about the issue. All I kept getting from their customer care was " we r looking into the issue & ur money would be refunded shortly" for where. One month my money still dey their hand. Finally took d case 2 my bank & they refunded me my money back. That was the red flag never to do business with Jumia ever again. M pained. It best u go to an LG store or Haier Thermocool store for ur electronics & computer village 4 ur gadgets & test it there urself with warranty @ least u would be sure to return it back if it develops any fault and it would be changed for u. My 2 cents.

I have come to understand that the money debited in that manner are usually reverted by the bank. Although, the merchant too has to confirm that they have received your money before they can reverse it. I probably understand this process because i am into the whole business thingy but if you can select cash on delivery..why not?? to avoid all this stress. It really works for me that way. smiley
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2015
Oh jumia how has the mighty fallen.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by gr8femfred: 9:28pm On Jul 13, 2015
JUMIA is no longer a company to trust again... you better put your money where you mind will be @ rest.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by luv4diran: 10:21am On Oct 10, 2018
gr8femfred:
I don't know if anyone observed that JUMIA Service is getting worst on a daily bases? I used to shop on JUMIA and almost all my things was bought through them but recently i discover that JUMIA is selling fake product and you will never get your money in return.
I bought Infinix hot note pro from JUMIA during their mega week and I was told that I will be given a promo sim with 3g data for six month but till date JUMIA only playing on their customers without thinking of the outcome. I think JUMIA is now taking advantage of Nigerians. as am talking I have goods wort of 69k with them and they only promise to send me voucher for the past 2month.
here is my advice please think twice before you shop with them. you might be lucky and if the product is bad that is the end. because of the nature of my job I prefer buying things online, I don't mind if you can recommend a better complain to me. PLEASE RUN FOR JUMIA. from olarwajufemi@gmail.com

That is true.
What has happened to NCC, SON... All these regulatory bodies in Nigeria?
It has happened several times to me, the latest is a fake laptop that HP company dont even recognise the model number. They dont has compatible software for the laptop of #178,000, with fake gadgets.
Its as bad as the JUMIA company returning it back to you, and because you cant you it you have to find a buyer to buy the fake product from you at half the price you purchased it.
The rich keeps getting richer at the expense of the poor, and the poor keeps getting poorer.
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by tomiwa1989(m): 1:45am On Dec 05, 2021
That is how day post inverter 3000watt I received the goods come find say na rubish them sell for me
Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by tomiwa1989(m): 1:46am On Dec 05, 2021
Nonsense inverter

Re: Jumia Is No Longer Trustworthy. by Deicide: 10:03am On Dec 05, 2021
please mod should pin this thread angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bbm Launches Mobile Streaming Tv In Africa / Real Football 2007 / Please How Do I Reset My Smile 4LTE Password.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.