Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,822 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. (45531 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Heavy Storm At Yoruba Village In The United States. See Photos / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

You can't tell me to go out there. I already live outside Nigeria. undecided

I am not surprised. There are women and there are women. You can never have a woman like Dora Akunyili or a woman like me. Yes, a woman like me. The type you can have are those with little or no education who clearly have no life of their own(no offense to uneducated peeps) and if perchance she is educated she must either be too unattractive or too old or has complex issues.

You need to reevaluate yourself. You are the one with the big problem not Nigerian womencheesy
base on your writeup one can easily detect you are that indoor type of person (introvert) no matter the location, there is different between go out and explore. There are many beautiful and educated young ladies out there. you lack exploration, that's why you say what you said.

I know why I am against Naija women, most of them are just no worth it
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by banAddict: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
grin grin you are write, but what of your emotional appearance undecided

Women do detect some kind of emotional malfunction when especially you cheat.

That will be one of my problem, to fake it
emotional appearance grin

well, one thing that has been helping me perfect my emotional manipulation is the believe that - I didn't met my naija girl a virgin, so indirectly, she has been cheating on me all this while before I met her.

**crazy I know** but I hardly feel guilty cos of my love (lust ) for d ukwucious girls..

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
base on your writeup one can easily detect you are that indoor type of person (introvert) no matter the location, there is different between go out and explore. In your own case, you lack exploration, that's why you say what you said.

I know why I am against Naija women, most of them are just no worth it

undecided. For the purpose of this conversation, I am already out there. I have explored and still exploring cultures. I have had different experiences with people from other people of the world. And to top it all, I am a great observer.

The problem is you. If you are worthy enough, you would have found a good Nigerian woman. There are many of them out there and here.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Sunshinelady(f): 7:25pm On Jul 12, 2015
crazydove:

Abeg which cab/taxi is N50 in Nigeria.in Lagos is 3000naira and above.in abuja is 200naira.is keke that is 50naira even bus is 100naira.
In abuja,Lagos,Warri,PH,Bayelsa,Uyo,Enugu etc you won't see house of N4000. And prices varies in every state.Go and do a good research.
mr Researcher i tink d OP just made an aproximate estimate, do u expect him to list expenses for all d 36 states? Haba! Ur wahala too much. I tink d post is very informative, its now left for u to use d average estimate to calculate urs 4ur state. Or u can help us do d research 4 all d 36states snce u sabi research wella

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by allanphash7(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Where is your fatherland pls?

Am sure you are not talking about Nigeria
mikron:
its ur country that is cursed not my fatherland. angry
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by mathel(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
That one is 100naira in abuja,lagos 500naira.its only danfo and keke that can carry you for 50naira and it will be a walkable distance.where OP see taxi for 50naira?that 100naira food is all those mama put and women hawking food in car park and its more than 100naira.if you calaculate cuz meat(50naira)if its chicken(100naira) rice maybe 20naira and naija man can't eat 20naira rice he will request for 100naira rice with assorted meat.then buy 50 naira plantain.abeg calculate everything if its still 100naira we never add pure water.

Graduates that got employed start with 300k per/Month and Naija is 65k.. Pls the d/f is far
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Idoko619(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
D salary difrent v already done d mathematics involved....we or all going Dre aftral is a no man land.... even if it is to enjoy constant lyt.. I would v added quality health bt I can't remember d last time I tuk drug
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by BuddhaPalm(m): 7:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

You can't tell me to go out there. I already live outside Nigeria. undecided

I am not surprised. There are women and there are women. You can never have a woman like Dora Akunyili or a woman like me. Yes, a woman like me. The type you can have are those with little or no education who clearly have no life of their own(no offense to uneducated peeps) and if perchance she is educated she must either be too unattractive or too old or has complex issues.

You need to reevaluate yourself. You are the one with the big problem not Nigerian womencheesy

Lol, like most women, you have a very inflated opinion of yourself.

You'll be very surprised his girlfriend is a gorgeous professional - who also gives him peace of mind.

What value can you really add to a man's life?

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sunshinelady:
mr Researcher i tink d OP just made an aproximate estimate, do u expect him to list expenses for all d 36 states? Haba! Ur wahala too much. I tink d post is very informative, its now left for u to use d average estimate to calculate urs 4ur state. Or u can help us do d research 4 all d 36states snce u sabi research wella

Mrs lawyer,know vex.I guess that why we went to school.if you want to give such info then you conduct a research.by discussing with people you have done a research.that's why most post on this nairaland are not comprehensive or informative they just come here and post trash for people to read and its mostly on the negative side
I gave an example of some popular states compared to your oga who was comparing the whole nigeria to america.
You see yourself I also stated in my first post that it varies.anyway nigerians graduates don't like to read so I don't blame you

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You'll be very surprised his girlfriend is a gorgeous professional - who also gives him peace of mind.

I know who I am.

I will be damned.

The question should be ‘What value can he add to my life?'.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

undecided. For the purpose of this conversation, I am already out there. I have explored and still exploring cultures. I have had different experiences with people from other people of the world. And to top it all, I am a great observer.

The problem is you. If you are worthy enough, you would have found a good Nigerian woman. There are many of them out there and here.

There are many of good NAIJA woman! Were can we find them when there are wasting there life chasing money angry

Were are the good NAIJA women, when there are busy sleeping with one man or the other angry

Were are the good NAIJA woman! When you have nothing there will see you as shitte and irresponsible angry

I once have nothing with me and if you see what there did to me angry YOU won't write what you just write.
But now when I am noticeable (a little bit OK but not rich) there are just flooding around me not knowing what I went through in the hand of those animals.

The problem is not me. The problem is from the NAIJA WOMEN
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
common use your thinking faculty. with the high standard of living overseas, those price lists are just chicken feed to them
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

thank you very much, you just said this out of my mouth.
I don't know how I can thank you, as if you know my girlfriend
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:

There are many of good NAIJA woman! Were can we find them when there are wasting there life chasing money angry

Were are the good NAIJA women, when there are busy sleeping with one man or the other angry

Were are the good NAIJA woman! When you have nothing there will see you as shitte and irresponsible angry

I once have nothing with me and if you see what there did to me angry YOU won't write what you just write.
But now when I am noticeable (a little bit OK but not rich) there are just flooding around me not knowing what I went through in the hand of those animals.

The problem is not me. The problem is from the NAIJA WOMEN

The problem is youundecided

I believe that you do not have what I takes to draw your dream woman to yourself. I won't advise you to settle for less but I suppose you can settle for your classundecided
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
thank you very much, you just said this out of my mouth.
I don't know how I can thank you, as if you know my girlfriend

In your wildest dreams, I supposeangry
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by samuelson06(m): 7:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sunshinelady:

Lmao mad pple plenty fo here oooo lol
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ecnuel: 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
elego1:
Note - cost of living in the united state was got from a united state information website.

1) MEAL, INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT
US - 2000 naira ($10)
Nigeria - 100 naira.

2) CAN WATER(0.33 LITRE)
US - 266 naira ($1.33)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

3) ORANGE
US - 356 naira($1.76)
Nigeria - 20 naira.

4) ONE WAY TICKET (COMMERCIAL BUS)
US - 400naira($2)
Nigeria - 30-50naira

5)TAXI
US - 600naira($3)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

6) ONE MINS. OF PREPAID MOBILE TARIFF
US - 32naira($0.16)
Nigeria - 20naira.

7) INTERNET(MONTHLY)
US - 9400naira for unlimited browsing
Nigeria - 1000naira for 1GB.

cool ONE PAIR OF JEANS
US - 8000naira
Nigeria - 1000naira or 300naira for aloko.

9) ONE BEDROOM RENT PER MONTH
US - 152,600naira($976)
Nigeria - 4000 naira.

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS
US - 538,800naira ($2684)
NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

TO BE CONTINUE..........

OP, this post is one sided. You should also compare wages for different fields.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
tuasefemi:

Jesus Christ!!!
And this person will call himself 'EDUCATED'

Lol
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

The problem is youundecided

I believe that you do not have what I takes to draw your dream woman to yourself. I won't advise you to settle for less but I suppose you can settle for your classundecided

YOU KNOWETH NOTHING WOMAN!!
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE CLASS, IF IT IS ABOUT CLASS I MOST HAVE BANG MANY WOMEN OF HIGH CLASS BY NOW.

I'M NOT A GUY WHO LOVED SLEEPING UP AND DOWN, THAT IS WANT YOU WOMEN WANT AND I WONT GIVE IN TO IT angry IN MY WORK PLACE, MY ENVIRONMENT THERE ARE WOMEN OF HIGH CLASS WHO WANTED TO BE WITH OR STRIVE TO BE WITH ME AND I HAVE DECLINE TO IT BASE ON SOME REASON BEST KNOW TO ME.

RIGHT NOW I AM SETTLING FOR EVEN HIGHER IF YOU BASE YOUR MEASUREMENT ON CLASS
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
Insidous:

In your wildest dreams, I supposeangry
Yes, me even thought it was a dream, day by day, it even look more and more like a dream and I don't rely want to wake up from this reality dream
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Born2eatPussy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Don't even compare Nigeria to America.

In America, a cleaner (janitor) makes $150 everyday he/she works, he then works for 5 days a week which will amount to $450.
$450 in naira is like 50k.

In Nigeria, a university graduate earns 18 thousand naira every month.

Don't even compare both countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Orikinla(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
OP, your comparisons are wrong.
What size of the orange?
What quality and quantity of meals?
What kind of commercial bus or cab?

I spend N1000-N2000 for inexpensive meals in Lagos.
You can get cheap meals in NYC from US$4.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Orikinla(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
Born2eatPussy:
Don't even compare Nigeria to America.

In America, a cleaner (janitor) makes $150 everyday he/she works, he then works for 5 days a week which will amount to $450.
$450 in naira is like 50k.

In Nigeria, a university graduate earns 18 thousand naira every month.

Don't even compare both countries.
Don't mind OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
YOU KNOWETH NOTHING WOMAN!!
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE CLASS, IF IT IS ABOUT CLASS I MOST HAVE BANG MANY WOMEN OF HIGH CLASS BY NOW.

I'M NOT A GUY WHO LOVED SLEEPING UP AND DOWN, THAT IS WANT YOU WOMEN WANT AND I WONT GIVE IN TO IT angry IN MY WORK PLACE, MY ENVIRONMENT THERE ARE WOMEN OF HIGH CLASS WHO WANTED TO BE WITH OR STRIVE TO BE WITH ME AND I HAVE DECLINE TO IT BASE ON SOME REASON BEST KNOW TO ME.

RIGHT NOW I AM SETTLING FOR EVEN HIGHER IF YOU BASE YOUR MEASUREMENT ON CLASS

Higher because she is Russian angry. Seriously? You are dumber than a rock. You are worth nothing. Your class is zero. You have a complex issue. You need to see a therapist.

You know my younger brother asked me why I would be chatting with someone like you. He said he never figured me out as that type of personundecided.

2 Likes

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2015
Born2eatPussy:

Shut up
You went to a local county in Alaska, is that also a part of America ?
Why are you so foolish ??

Lmao
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by temmytanny(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
elego1:
Note - cost of living in the united state was got from a united state information website.

1) MEAL, INEXPENSIVE RESTAURANT
US - 2000 naira ($10)
Nigeria - 100 naira.

2) CAN WATER(0.33 LITRE)
US - 266 naira ($1.33)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

3) ORANGE
US - 356 naira($1.76)
Nigeria - 20 naira.

4) ONE WAY TICKET (COMMERCIAL BUS)
US - 400naira($2)
Nigeria - 30-50naira

5)TAXI
US - 600naira($3)
Nigeria - 50 naira.

6) ONE MINS. OF PREPAID MOBILE TARIFF
US - 32naira($0.16)
Nigeria - 20naira.

7) INTERNET(MONTHLY)
US - 9400naira for unlimited browsing
Nigeria - 1000naira for 1GB.

cool ONE PAIR OF JEANS
US - 8000naira
Nigeria - 1000naira or 300naira for aloko.

9) ONE BEDROOM RENT PER MONTH
US - 152,600naira($976)
Nigeria - 4000 naira.

10) AVERAGE MONTHLY SALARY FOR PROFESSIONALS
US - 538,800naira ($2684)
NIGERIA - 60,000 naira.

TO BE CONTINUE..........

Base your argument on your state n not whole of usa. A little cheaper in dallas Texas
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by wexyee: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
Lordave:
So we shouldn't go to obodo ndi ocha because things are expensive there?

Rubbish! We will go there, make money, buy those things in Nigeria and bring it over to the Obodo ndiocha.

Oh, I forgot! We will buy up their lands and make them tenants!
if u give up frm makin money in. Naija wat mk u tink u can mk it else wre?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Word For The Driver Of This Overloaded Bus (Photos) / Major Landmark Rocks In Nigeria (Pictures And Details) / Emirates Airline Introduce Diamond Coated Aeroplane (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.