Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. (45535 Views)

Pregnant Nigerian Woman Denied Entry In To The United States (pics) / Heavy Storm At Yoruba Village In The United States. See Photos / Facts About Kogi State And A Nairalander Experience (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 13, 2015
ladyinred:

You're a disturbed individual. You need psychiatric evaluation. How dare you call the woman who bore you an animal; your mother is a naija woman, right?
So because you've started earning a few peanuts now, you think you can talk trash about women? Your attitude stinks. Grow up and get a life. You're nasty.
did you read at all angry What is wrong with you people angry

Why cant you just mind your business angry

Take your miserable life to some other place angry

Nonsense, you claim to be scent online but real life, you are the most useless woman who only think of themselves.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by ladyinred: 10:48am On Jul 13, 2015
sonofananimal1:
did you read at all angry What is wrong with you people angry

Why cant you just mind your business angry

Take your miserable life to some other place angry

Nonsense, you claim to be scent online but real life, you are the most useless woman who only think of themselves.

Odè!
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 13, 2015
ladyinred:
Odè!
YOU HAVE BEEN NOTICE,
HAVE A NICE DAY
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by EmmyDe25(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2015
mikron:
in lagos u can get a bread for N50 and ewa agoyin (mashed beans commonly cooked by the togolese and Beninoise women) for N50. so yes the op is right
Which area you dey stay for lagos wey you dey buy bread for N50?
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by geca(f): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
banAddict:
emotional appearance grin

well, one thing that has been helping me perfect my emotional manipulation is the believe that - I didn't met my naija girl a virgin, so indirectly, she has been cheating on me all this while before I met her.

**crazy I know** but I hardly feel guilty cos of my love (lust ) for d ukwucious girls..

Na ukwu go kill you
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by 19naia(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2015
Cost of living in both countries depend on what state and city you live in.

In USA, i can show you a cheap microwave meal with corn, meat , rice or pasta or potatoes and sauce. You can get it for 200 naira or maybe 250 naira at most. Water is free and available at many public water drinking fountains.
Its a very basic meal and not so big, but it will manage hunger and be more hygenic than a nigerian Buka.
People also eat the packet noodles in USA just like in Nigeria.
SO its true many americans learn to eat with 100 naira a meal. They do it with two noodle packs and boiled egg added. Same can be done with other cheap pasta options.

Housing can be as low as $200 a month for a full apartment outside of the city and in a more rural american state. Some people pay $100 rent for a basic place in USA in small towns that nobody cares to live thus renters are scarce for landlords.

Riding public transportation can be cheap if one buys a monthly pass. Some states are a cheap as 280Naira a day on monthly pass for unlimited ride in air-conditioned modern luxury style buses.
Big cities with Train and bus service, monthly pass cost around 780Naira a day for unlimited rides on airconditined luxury style trains and buses throughout the city.

In the cheapest states in America, its possible to survive on $500 a month in the most basic provisions.

Nigeria is very overpriced when you factor in the standard of quality in the general surroundings.
$500 or 100k naira a month in a small town USA will still get you clean water hot and cold flowing 24 hours every day. Electricity 24 hours. Good roads. Complete rubbish collection and considerable street cleaning. Well ordered and controlled environment with ease of movement and plenty open space for fresh air. Medical efficiency that keeps much less mortality rate than we find anywhere in Africa.
Yes even the mad man in the USA streets will get benefit of good medical help when emergency comes. And no ,his body wont lay in the streets for hours or days before a high quality equipped crew comes to pick the body up for proper care.

Nigeria is the overpriced place especially when you consider the low salary of average workers who labor to provide and serve its overpriced products.
The jobs that pay 100k naira monthly and above in Nigeria, are not as readily available as people say. 100k naira a month in USA is less than poverty wage and still surviveable in the lesser cities and states of the america.You have to try very hard in USA to be lazy enough to see only $500 a month. It is the bottom of the bottom income and can be earned workng just 12 days out of each month and sleeping the reamianing 18 days. Plus the government will give you up to a $200 food allowance to make life even easier.

No matter how poor you are in USA, there is no true slum allowed to exist there. If they do, it is because they are hidden,very small and created mostly by people who devote their lives to drugs and alcohol.
There are vagrant people with no jobs or homes who live on the streets, who can bring in 500k naira monthly(not by work, but by begging and shady means). Yet they remain dirty, homeless and peniless at the end of each day, week and month. They spend all of their income immediately on drugs, alchohol and mindless squander.
These things happen in big cities in USA where lots of people live and a beggar can get hundreds of contributions in just 8 hours. Also the beggars can get free food and other charity from charity organizations and even cash allowance for hardship, from the government.
They may live and sleep on the streets, but it will be a clean, paved, well lit and designed street.

Nigeria is overpriced. There is no such thing as a fair price in a country that resists offering any set or standard price. Charge whatever you like and let haggling settle the end result. Inflation will always be out of hand in countries like this as their currency stays in perpetual free fall towards a cesspool of overpriced squalor.
You get what you pay for, except in Nigeria where you pay and get what you get if anything at all. You can even work hard for months and not see any salary from the very government which is the face and image of the country Nigeria.
But.. There are still many good humble people in nigeria who carry hope for the whole country and keep it from sinking into hell proper.

I have said enough.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by JoeRobertson: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2018
Can add some fresh info about comparison between US and Nigeria - https://voyagestic.com/comparison/united-states-vs-nigeria. This page includes comparisons info about food, rent, transport, personal care and other things which are important for travelers or nomads.
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Homeyfav: 6:42am On Nov 30, 2019
';
Re: Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. by Homeyfav: 12:19pm On May 03, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

One Word For The Driver Of This Overloaded Bus (Photos) / Emirates Airline Introduce Diamond Coated Aeroplane (photos) / Major Landmark Rocks In Nigeria (Pictures And Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.