Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee (21402 Views)

The Query Letter Given To An Employee Of Toro LGA, Bauchi State / How Can I Tell My Boss To Stop Spamming My Phone? / Three Habits That Will Keep You Permanently As An Employee. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Slapped a few myself

Yes if they dont like it they can quit smiley

Did you get my message?
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by lasthoperesort: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
docmajor:
GET ADMISSION INTO FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC NEKEDED OWERRI, WITH OR WITHOUT JAMB. TO ANY DEPARTMENT OF YOUR CHOICE. MORNING EVENING OR WEEKEND PROGRAM..CAL ME... AM IN HND FINALS IN THE HONORABLE INSTITUTION..CALL ME 07063912506
guy na d skul way I finish from. Though I'm awaiting service. How much is ur runs?
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by lasthoperesort: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
MrsAnyanwu:
My answer is NO, it is very unacceptable nd unethical, how can u slap someone just because today ur on top while d person is below,the tide changes everytime, d person she slapped can be her boss 2morow nd even deny her d contract she needs if he's in a position to, we should be careful d way we treat people below us, cos Change is constant,thank u.......nd to think dat he even explained dat it was due to rain nd yesterday's work,women sha, I aint surprised, just tired of dis gender called female
you fit do transgender na, abi female set no fit do am? Lool
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by dupcydo(f): 1:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Slapped a few myself
mumu like u, u will soon slap the wrong person. goat.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Samandgrace(m): 2:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nah grammer u con here con look? Rubish.
dayosaurus:

Go and get brighter grammar

Your grammar sucks.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by vislabraye(m): 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
Benedict44:
Good evening all...
...I dont know the correct but i believe that you all can understand it ...
A friend of mine called me this evening and was telling me how her boss slaped her yesterday at work just because he came to work late and another thing is that he could nt finish the work her boss gave him the previous day and the boss invited him to her office and after a small argument , she slapped him and walked him out of her office .....
..Now he is planing to go back to her office on money and return the slap to her . His reason being that the boss is not the owner of the company that she is just the head of their department ....
....He is very angry now and he is a high tempered person . And worst is that her boss is in the same age bracket with him....
..Please what do you think i should tell him ...
....And is it good for a boss to slap a worker and if it is good , to what criteria....Thanks ...
....NOTE : Is company work ...
MATURED ADVICE NEEDED ...

Is this your friend a he or her ?
It's not proper to slap an employee or receive a slap from a boss. But the way Nigeria is, whete there's no proper structure anything goes. I'll advise your friend to endure it but if he can't endure look for a way to slap her back .
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by lasthoperesort: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
[quote author=jidesp post=35774613]

Oh thank you. I will. Would love to keep com going though.. you don't think I'm an halfwit for writing this right? lol[/quo u don de use English de whine d gal abi? Oga no b by English oo
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by vislabraye(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
refreshrate:
Guy get a lawyer to take her to court copy HR.
Get settlement out of court, slapping back no go put money for your account.

Today is sunday, get the lawyer now. Make him begin the process. Tomorrow just act calmly as if nothing happen then wait for when letter go come from court.
Her monthly flow will start again only this time from her nose
If you hit her back ahswear you will appear in the newspapers you dont know how women know how to exaggerate issues, besides if you go slap am she fall, do you know her present state of health?
that time you go sabi sey no be everybody wey dey kirikiri plan to go there.

If you do take my advice please allow me come and watch just to see the reaction on her face after the mail is dropped, ahbeg.

Lol.....that got me laughing. But on the other hand, I believe you should be careful when hiring a lawyer cos it could backfire. You could be victimised at the end of the day.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:42pm On Jul 12, 2015
lasthoperesort:
you fit do transgender na, abi female set no fit do am? Lool
I refuse to waste my time on u.....do u have sense at all? who is talking about transgender, u better find ur age mate nd type to discuss transgender issues with not me, I have a family to take care of...... Gosh I just tire for dis gender called male
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Sirbun: 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Lack of mutual understanding , if such cases arise the best option is to alert ur department of the situation at hand
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Bonethugss: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
We don't know
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
TELL THE GUY HE IS STUPID

WHY DID HE NOT RETURN THE SLAP IMMEDIATELY INSTEAD OF WAITING TILL MONDAY ?

HE CAME TO WORK LATE

HE COULD NOT COMPLETE A SIMPLE TASK YET HE HAS THE gods TO LEAVE THE OFFICE

AT THE END OF THE MONTH HE WOULD BE EXPECTING PAY SLIP ABI ?

IF I AM THE BOSS I WOULD DO WORSE

IF TIRED OF THE JOB LET HIM SIMPLY RESIGN AFTERALL THEIR ARE CAPABLE YOUTH OUT THERE LOOKING FOR SUCH OPPORTUNITY
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Bonethugss: 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
londongal03:
Depends on the salary.
100k below- Slap back
500k above- turn ur left ear

You amaze me, you don't even know you right, my dear regardless of the amount of your salary no fvcking boss has the right to slap you. The dont even have the right to over shout on you, they issue queries, or terminate your appointment, not assault you.

Nigerians just don't know their rights, you can sue for that,,our legal system is just crap.
I am appalled by your statement, tells a lot about how you value yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by paix(m): 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
What happened to issuing 'QUERY' and 'WARNING' letters?
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by oginga: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
ghettodreamz:
Going back to the office to slap the abusive boss will not cut it, if he had done that immediately when the slap landed on his cheek, that would have been more gracious and reasonable thing to do.

If I were in his shoe, I really don't know what I would have done in such an awful situation, but I doubt if that would ever happen in civilized nations though.

Only in Nigeria there are no employee rights act, where a head of a department or an employer would do such and go scot-free. One thing is sure though, your friend is not the first to have experienced such abusive treatment from a superior in an office or organization, and won't be the last if situation of things in Nigeria are not changed. A lot of cases bordering on abuses and assaults in a work place go unreported and many employees have had to sell off their rights to ensure a constant flow of income so as to keep body and soul together and ensure they have a paying job that can put the food on the table for their families. Otherwise, they stand the risk of being fired and sent back to the job-hunters market filled with millions of qualified but unemployed graduates.

As regarding the said boss' conduct, it's so unethical of her to have slapped him, regardless of the situation on ground (except, if only she returned a slap initiated by your friend) and a plain assault on your friend's person.

You've said it all, your comment on this subject matter is 100% on point.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by darkchap(m): 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
First of all, ur frnd is a big dumbo and u r also daft for askin us wat he shud do. Person slap u last wik n u wan go return d slap nxt wik because na ur boss. Yeye dey smell.

Back 2d story, it reminds me of does days dat I used 2b a private driver 2 one man like dat; I rmemba dat one day I entad one bad pot hole, naso d man wooze me 4rm back n rained abuses on me. For my mind, I say work don finish, naso I park, go down open d man door draw am com outside, slap am 'wickedly' twice go enta motor, hin sef enta; I drive go.

Ironically, since dat day, we became frndz n he respected me d more till I left d job. grin
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by eleshin(m): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Slapped a few myself

You get my resignation email from ur hospital bed.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by iykedare(m): 4:07pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Of course lol only nigeria
Im uk based trust me i know the law n all dat
Just typed that to see how ppl would reacte .. But its true that cant be done , i would just get arrested for assualt

Liar,is there kirikiri in the UK ?
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by rhames(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2015
get a lawyer to sue him or get some area boys to do him jungle justice. smiley
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jamest4real: 4:33pm On Jul 12, 2015
It is absolutely wrong. Individual difference I for one will not take it from an Employer how much more from a Boss. There no Labour Law that permits that. it is too late for your friend to go back for a slap. What I will advice here is that If the organisation is well organise he should report the case and the Boss will face the consequence. But if it is not an organised Organisation and he knows that he will suffer when he leaves the job let him pretend as if nothing has happened and continue his job.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by iykedare(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Of course lol only nigeria
Im uk based trust me i know the law n all dat
Just typed that to see how ppl would reacte .. But its true that cant be done , i would just get arrested for assualt

angry
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 12, 2015
So should that warrant slapping,very isilly people,are there no other measures in place,you people are always behaving like animals.
Freemanan:

Well, gender doesn't matter yet.
And if you are to build an empire, no excuse should be accepted for late coming or being absent from work, even if these reasons are genuine...
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
They are mumu now.
Bonethugss:

You amaze me, you don't even know you right, my dear regardless of the amount of your salary no fvcking boss has the right to slap you. The dont even have the right to over shout on you, they issue queries, or terminate your appointment, not assault you.

Nigerians just don't know their rights, you can sue for that,,our legal system is just crap.

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by NobleG1(m): 4:45pm On Jul 12, 2015
Benedict44:
Good evening all...
...I dont know the correct but i believe that you all can understand it ...
A friend of mine called me this evening and was telling me how her boss slaped her yesterday at work just because he came to work late and another thing is that he could nt finish the work her boss gave him the previous day and the boss invited him to her office and after a small argument , she slapped him and walked him out of her office .....
..Now he is planing to go back to her office on money and return the slap to her . His reason being that the boss is not the owner of the company that she is just the head of their department ....
....He is very angry now and he is a high tempered person . And worst is that her boss is in the same age bracket with him....
..Please what do you think i should tell him ...
....And is it good for a boss to slap a worker and if it is good , to what criteria....Thanks ...
....NOTE : Is company work ...
MATURED ADVICE NEEDED ...

His boss has NO right whatsoever to physically abuse anyone. He should report her to the overall manager or owner of the company.
If the management doesn't discipline his boss, he should go and warn her to never to do that to him again or else he'll retaliate with full force, while secretly recording the conversion with his phone (in case of evidence).

If the woman slaps him again, he should punch her in the face really hard. This will teach her a hard lesson of life. I don't support physically abuse of a woman but this case will be totally different IF the woman slaps him again.

There are better and respectful ways of punishing an employee who is inefficient, not by slapping them! Whoever marries that woman will be in real trouble.
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by refreshrate: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
vislabraye:

Lol.....that got me laughing. But on the other hand, I believe you should be careful when hiring a lawyer cos it could backfire. You could be victimised at the end of the day.

You see it's this kind of be careful thing that gave her the courage to try what she did ah swear. Believe me if you call lawyer enter the matter sue the company join for reckless endangerment, for not only exposing but also making such an animal your direct report.
The argument would be they should have carried out a psych evaluation to see if she was suitable for such a position. If dem make mistake allow the thing reach court get like one or two press men (no be you go dis o ask one of your guys so it doesn't start to look as if you're trying to deal with the company directly) they will call you to settle out of court.
Victimisation sha? after dem don sabi say you no dey slack for dealing with them. it won't happen oga.
Do it I swear. meanwhile I get share for the settlement o.

You fit even tie bandage for neck go work tomorrow. if anybody ask no fail to make dem no say na after madam slap you that night your neck begin pain you.

Guy if dull for these tips don't ever post anything on NL again in your life!
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by jidesp(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
ghettodreamz:
Going back to the office to slap the abusive boss will not cut it, if he had done that immediately when the slap landed on his cheek, that would have been more gracious and reasonable thing to do.

If I were in his shoe, I really don't know what I would have done in such an awful situation, but I doubt if that would ever happen in civilized nations though.

Only in Nigeria there are no employee rights act, where a head of a department or an employer would do such and go scot-free. One thing is sure though, your friend is not the first to have experienced such abusive treatment from a superior in an office or organization, and won't be the last if situation of things in Nigeria are not changed. A lot of cases bordering on abuses and assaults in a work place go unreported and many employees have had to sell off their rights to ensure a constant flow of income so as to keep body and soul together and ensure they have a paying job that can put the food on the table for their families. Otherwise, they stand the risk of being fired and sent back to the job-hunters market filled with millions of qualified but unemployed graduates.

As regarding the said boss' conduct, it's so unethical of her to have slapped him, regardless of the situation on ground (except, if only she returned a slap initiated by your friend) and a plain assault on your friend's person.

There is a 1990 Nigeria Labor Act. Any secret hidden in books is too shallow to go through to find the truth for most Nigerians
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Aderoy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bonethugss:

Words cannot describe how angry I am with how we have allowed our rights and dignity to be trampled upon. @OP, the fact that you raised the question beggars belief (but I can understand a little) but some of the comments are, to put it succinctly, shocking.

No one should be "assaulted" be it your wife, husband, younger ones or colleagues (irrespective of their role). I find it it difficult to understand that we, in this part of the world, justify the actions of, for the purpose of simple examples, a husband beating his wife up while everyone (including the parent) stands around to blame the wife of her shortcomings while offering support that the husband has the right to discipline his wife. Same analogy goes for colleagues at work irrespective of the position of the parties involved.

No one has a right to assault anyone in any walks of life. People (especially the victims of such a barbaric act) have allowed allowed this to go too far for too long. Assault is a crime, and according to legal definition "Assault is the act of creating apprehension of an imminent harmful or offensive contact with a person. An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm".

OP, please inform your friend to seek non-partisan, legal assistance redress, firstly through a senior colleague, or a union if you have one. Some companies do have 3rd party mediation group or panel to arbitrate on such matters. Please explore all options available to you as I am not sure what is applicable in your sector or in your state. If all fails you may want to gather evidence and approach private legal or parralegal charity organisations or Victim Support groups. You just might find a lawyer out there who will be willing to take this to court if you would like to go down that route. It may turn out that the company wouldn't like to go to court and resolve it amicably but they will have to pay compensation and settle out of court.

The greatest disservice you could do to yourself is to either (a.) either retaliate with a similar physical assault or (b.) do nothing about it.

No one, no matter how highly placed, should be allowed to assault anyone.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by chomytex(f): 5:37pm On Jul 12, 2015
We women eeh,our wahala too much...even in my sch,our hod na tongue of fire..she will even complain about ur hairstyle.just hope they change her soon
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by sirxbit(m): 5:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
zleemshaddy:
you nko lipsrsealed
chai...i pity ur parents because its xo clear u wasted their hard earned money used 4 ur sch fees all dis years
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
iykedare:

Liar,is there kirikiri in the UK ?

We get our own
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 12, 2015
eleshin:

You get my resignation email from ur hospital bed.
Lols
Re: Is It Good For A Boss To Slap An Employee by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
dupcydo:

mumu like u, u will soon slap the wrong person. goat.

Lol weyrey . Happy sunday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which One Will You Choose And Why? / Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? / FG plans massive downsizing of Immigrations, Prisons officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.