Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:39 AM

God Vs Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Vs Religion (5594 Views)

Christian Doctors And Science Students (science Vs Religion) / Communication With GOD Vs Dogs: Benefits So Far: You Judge / The Will Of God Vs My Will (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 7:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

As we have KJV and NIV in English version ,there is KJV and NIV in other languages, I think u will agree with me that, there is French Christians, Español Christians, Yoruba Christians, swahili Christians etc,, u will not tell them to use English word for GOD as GOD in their own translation of the Bible and they also read KJV or NIV in their own language respectively, the name given to GOD as in English is different, that's the point am trying to cull out, Even, there is Arabic Bible, the name they use for supreme being (GOD) there is ALLAH, so Wat are u saying?... Bro, u still have alots to learn
We learn everyday so I don't claim autonomy of knowledge but what You should know is that it is not wrong to say that Christians Call God God neither is it wrong to say that the English people call God God.
Since the Christian Bible call Him God.
But even among Christians,God has many names which includes
Jehovah jireh
Elohim
Alpha and Omega
Ebenezer
Etc
His name is uncountable
So, I gave you facts cos I don't like blind argument.
This shouldn't be a topic for argument in the first place or are you saying that Christians don't call him God?
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

As we have KJV and NIV in English version ,there is KJV and NIV in other languages, I think u will agree with me that, there is French Christians, Español Christians, Yoruba Christians, swahili Christians etc,, u will not tell them to use English word for GOD as GOD in their own translation of the Bible and they also read KJV or NIV in their own language respectively, the name given to GOD as in English is different, that's the point am trying to cull out, Even, there is Arabic Bible, the name they use for supreme being (GOD) there is ALLAH, so Wat are u saying?... Bro, u still have alots to learn
Now mark my words logically.. I said Christians Call God God, hence
English Christians Call him God
Some Nigerian Christians Call him God
American Christians Call him God
Some South Africans call him God

Hence with more than 2 propositions, I have a conclusion which makes my argument logical and sound.
I would have been wrong if I said 'all' Christians but thank God I went as far as saying Yorubas(Oluwa) Igbos(Chineke)etc, hence implying 'some' not 'all'...You can check all my statements in this post ab initio .
Re: God Vs Religion by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
9aijaboi:

We learn everyday so I don't claim autonomy of knowledge but what You should know is that it is not wrong to say that Christians Call God God neither is it wrong to say that the English people call God God.
Since the Christian Bible call Him God.
But even among Christians,God has many names which includes
Jehovah jireh
Elohim
Alpha and Omega
Ebenezer
Etc
His name is uncountable
So, I gave you facts cos I don't like blind argument.
This shouldn't be a topic for argument in the first place or are you saying that Christians don't call him God?

Agree that he has different names under each language (even, he has many name in my own language which is Yoruba, such as "olorun, olodumare,oluwa, orisha oke etc) and I did not dispute that Christians don't call him GOD either , but u suppose to say English Christians call him GOD, u know that, those names u mentioned above, including jehovah are borrowed language, not English word, Jesus is call Jesus in Greek word which English generally accepted,Jesus was called yeoshua in Hebrew, that is his own real name, his birth name according to his language, Greek translate it to Jesus to suit their own language, same as Issa in Arabic,
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2015

Hence with more than 2 propositions, I have a conclusion which makes my argument logical and sound.
I would have been wrong if I said 'all' Christians but thank God I went as far as saying Yorubas(Oluwa) Igbos(Chineke)etc, hence implying 'some' not 'all'...You can check all my statements in this post ab initio .
Re: God Vs Religion by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
9aijaboi:

I expect u to say, English speaking countries or individuals call him GOD, other language or tribe have their own way of calling him, u can't say since u refers him as GOD, Malian or any French speaking country must call him GOD, the word God is English word, and it's use in English speaking lands
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

Agree that he has different names under each language (even, he has many name in my own language which is Yoruba, such as "olorun, olodumare,oluwa, orisha oke etc) and I did not dispute that Christians don't call him GOD either , but u suppose to say English Christians call him GOD, u know that, those names u mentioned above, including jehovah are borrowed language, not English word, Jesus is call Jesus in Greek word which English generally accepted,Jesus was called yeoshua in Hebrew, that is his own real name, his birth name according to his language, Greek translate it to Jesus to suit their own language, same as Issa in Arabic,

Mark my words logically......
I already answered you before you typed like I knew what you were about to say..
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

I expect u to say, English speaking countries or individuals call him GOD, other language or tribe have their own way of calling him, u can't say since u refers him as GOD, Malian or any French speaking country must call him GOD, the word God is English word, and it's use in English speaking lands

I still maintain that some Christians call him GOD
You can say that they are English
Don't English Muslims call him Allah?
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
Saklekplus:

Initially 'latina lingua est ecclesiam tuam '
'Latin language is the language of the Church '
That was when Roman Catholic was dominating the Church.. He was called Dominus.
In declension it is
Dominus a um

But with the rise of pentecostal Churches in line with Catholic Church still dominating,English language dominated.. Hence
GOD
God and I say again
GOD

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 12, 2015
9aijaboi:

I still maintain that some Christians call him GOD
You can say that they are English
Don't English Muslims call him Allah?

English Muslim call him ALLAH and other Arabic names,and they call him GOD as well because they speak English,, so, English Christian call him jehovah and other Hebrew names, ,, English children cannot call him ALLAH, and English Muslim can never call him jehovah,,, but they both call him GOD, cuz it's not relate with the any sources of their religion, but the language they speak
Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 6:38am On Jul 13, 2015
Happy new week...
Remember to call God any name today and thank Him, it does not matter the name now
Just remember to call on Him before starting your week..
Have a wonderful week y'all and God bless you #amen.

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by TheDauraMallam: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2015
5minsmadness:

grin grin grin
I tell you, every once in a while I regret picking this moniker...but only for a fraction of a nanosecond! cheesy

Now that's one helluva mature response. I love it when men act like men, even when disagreeing.

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by dalaman: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2015
Christians: God send his son to tell us what to do.
Jews: God gave Moses some stone tablets telling us what to do.
Muslims: God told Gabriel to tell Mohammad to tell us what to do so many times he memorized it.

You know God could have just skipped a few steps and told collective humanity what to do, but it doesn't make for a good story.
Re: God Vs Religion by Hiswordxray(m): 1:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
dalaman:
Christians: God send his son to tell us what to do.
Jews: God gave Moses some stone tablets telling us what to do.
Muslims: God told Gabriel to tell Mohammad to tell us what to do so many times he memorized it.

You know God could have just skipped a few steps and told collective humanity what to do, but it doesn't make for a good story.
You are wrong about Christian, instead it should be:
God sent He Son so that we can have access to Him and then we would know what to do.

"Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence." (Eph 3:12)

"19 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh," (Heb 10:19-20)

"Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have a peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." (Rom 5:1-2)

1 Like

Re: God Vs Religion by 9aijaboi(m): 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2015
Happy New Month #HNM#WULLNP#BUIP#GGMUB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Question For All Atheists On Nairaland / Living Faith Church (winners Chapel) USSD Code For Tithes And Offerings / Three Kinds Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.