Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" (34213 Views)

Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office / Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by horlabiyi(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ok
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Abayhormy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by driand(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Bad Belle response angry haters go to hell.

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by DjAndroid: 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:
sad
As much as I am an Apc supporter and a Buhari fan, I am forced to say I have not seen any tangible policy been implemented. and the promises during his campaign has not been felt.
to crown it all am not really impressed with the present government, they should be proactive.

God bless you too.

what policy is even there to implement? Nothing!

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by temitemi1(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2015
Agent of anger, Stop the insult n counter his points!
Zoharariel:
Barcanista; does it make any sense for you to juxtapose GEJ's 6 long years of Ineptitude, Cluelessness & Impunity with PMB's 2 months of governance?

Y are u so biased, st.upid & daft?

11 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by wokomabest(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
It is one of those junk journalism we are talking about
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by papoose999(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Johnsmartinyang(m): 5:18pm On Jul 12, 2015
kheart:
President of wailing Tanoids we don hear u. We d progressives re always generous, free handkercheif for u guys.
Better put pride aside when being taught the truth in life..........the truth is always bitter but manage swallow am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Toktee(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
barcanista:
I read an article titled Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read. On reading the said article I had to pause to ask myself whether this is the kind of government Nigerians brought to power via the March 28 poll- A government of propaganda. This thread is aimed at addressing the Propaganda by the author of the said thread.

1. Electricity Has "Greatly" Improved Without Power Minister:
Though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing difficult times when it comes to power. How did the OP of that thread arrive at the conclusion that power has "greatly" improved? How many megawatt of electricity has the Buhari administration added since May 29? Did the so-called power improve in Daura and Aso Rock alone? It is even pathetic that No new policy on electricity has been initiated nor implemented by the buhari administration. So what are we saying?

2. Petroleum Sector:
The writer went further to say that "refineries are almost fully revamped and disappearance of queues at filling station". This is a barefaced lie and an insult to our sensibilities. Refinery Turn Around Maintenance was instituted by GEJ's administration and the NNPC clearly stated earlier this year that they will be up and running by 2016. However, the Buhari team came up to tell us that PH refinery will work at 80% level by End of June or Early July. We have passed this date and yet nothing. The writer rather than keep quiet still went on to say refinery will be up within a "month". Which month again is he referring to? The writer obviously isn't a resident of Nigeria otherwise he'd have noticed fuel queues in cities like Lagos and Abuja. In fact, fuel is sold above the approved pump price in many filling stations across Nigeria.
The writer talked about subsidy payment, it is a shame that the same Buhari that said there was nothing like subsidy is the same person paying billions of Naira for the same subsidy. I don't even know what the author was trying to say because Buhari is yet to make any move to see to reduction of money spent on subsidy. In fact it was GEJ's Finance Minister Ngozi Iwaela that instituted committee to verify subsidy claims by marketers.

3. Foreign Affairs:
It is funny that the author tried to make it appear like the MNJTF was Buhari's idea. The truth is MNJTF was formed under the Jonathan's administration, Buhari only inherited what GEJ put in place. It is also funny that the author counted rhetoric support of G7 as part of Buhari's achievement. This is a shame. In fact, under GEJ Western countries like UK, Canada, France etc as well as Affrican countries pledged assistance to President Jonathan when he was in power against Boko terrorists.
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/17/west-african-countries-must-unite-fight-boko-haram-nigeria

4. Trade and Investment:
This will make the most pathetic among all the propaganda items. It is on record that there has been no new industry nor has any plan to come in since Buhari took over because investors don't understand the direction of the government. In fact, it was reported that billions have been lost and cost of commodities in the market have increased since Buhari took over.
www.encomium.ng/market-women-housewives-bemoan-skyrocketing-prices-of-foodstuff-2/
www.punchng.com/business/prices-of-consumer-goods-to-increase-sb-morgen/
www.leadership.ng/business/440371/nigerians-groan-under-high-cost-of-goods

5. Anti-Corruption:
The author also listed names of people on bail as achievement of Buhari. What is there to celebrate when Admiral Nyako and his son APC Senator Aziz Nyako that are facing N30billion corruption charge (instituted by GEJ) were granted bail of meagre N350million each? Nothing has been heard of Timpre Sylva. What is it to celebrate when Sule Lamido and Sons are yet to be convicted but merely remanded? Ali Modu Sheriff is still walking a free man. Though we commend him for instituting the case against Ikedi Ohiakim, what is there to celebrate when the former Governor has been granted bail?

6. Public Finance:
It is also funny that the author eulogised Buhari for sharing our common wealth to governors in the name of bailout. The same governors that mismanaged almost N3trillion that they got from the ECA between 2011 and 2014.
I want to appreciate the CBN under Buhari for the $3billion increase of our reserve but I want to remind the sai buhari group that they were the same people that called for the head of CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele when he announced that the CBN will no longer spend our foreign exchange to import 40 items including toothpick and Private jet. In fact one of them created a thread where he claimed to be an economist to chide the CBN Gov. Yet the result of the CBN policy yielded extra $3billion in Reserve www.nairaland.com/2422899/cbn-governor-should-sacked-immediate.

It is understandable that the Sai Buhari group have been looking aimlessly for something to hold on to as "Buhari's achievement since May 29, I urge them to shun the propaganda route but instead tell Mr President to do what is right. Nigerians are tired of hearing of multiple bomb blast everyday. We are still waiting for Buhari's asset declaration. Investors are waiting for policy direction. Nigerians cannot be deceived anymore. Buhari should get to work.

May God Bless Us All
If at ur age you cannot speak the truth,den,i guess u will do dat in ur grave

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Tsmooth1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
saTANoid, I don't know why you people never see any good in this government. That is why good things will never come your way.

4 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
THATS TRUE.

BUHARI, THE MAN AFTER MY HEART.
KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST

3 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by adebayo201: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
The same governors that mismanaged almost N3trillion that they got from the ECA between 2011 and 2014. [u]I want to appreciate the CBN under Buhari for the $3billion increase of our reserve/u] but I want to remind the sai buhari group that they were the same people that called for the head of CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele when he announced that the CBN will no longer spend our foreign exchange to import 40 items including toothpick and Private jet.
@bold, under what administration please @underlined, thanks for the compliment... *winks*

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Emenandez4lyf(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
#GejWhileYouWereAway No campaign promises has been fufilled.

3 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by BTT(m): 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2015
Na una sabi

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Brytawon(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ways to justify themselves...
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by kristisking(m): 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
Baba one chance deceiving his supporters

3 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Brytawon(m): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ways to justify themselves..
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by byteHead(m): 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
ComradeAbu:
"HYPOCRISY is when you didn't vote for #PMB
but expect change in one
month......... LUNACY is when you expect #PMB
to do in 6 months what
GEJ failed to do in 6 years."

Leave tanoids let them keep beefing. PMB is the president for the next 4yrs whether they like it or not.

#WailingWailers

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by felai: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2015
It's too early for all the pmb achieved this feat or has failed in his duties talks.

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by temitemi1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
ITbomb:
No mind
If most of these things happened when GEJ was there, they would not even be talking about it, all they will be shouting would have been that Boko Haram is killing thousands.
Now Boko Haram is killing and BBOG is having dinner party with the president
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by jamace(m): 5:22pm On Jul 12, 2015
NeduLuiZ:
Cry me a river grin
Say that to the innocent citizens being bombed and killed every day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Adultnextdoor(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
barcanista:
I read an article titled Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power - Must Read. On reading the said article I had to pause to ask myself whether this is the kind of government Nigerians brought to power via the March 28 poll- A government of propaganda. This thread is aimed at addressing the Propaganda by the author of the said thread.

Though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing difficult times when it comes to power. How did the OP of that thread arrive at the conclusion that power has "greatly" improved? How many megawatt of electricity has the Buhari administration added since May 29? Did the so-called power improve in Daura and Aso Rock alone? It is even pathetic that No new policy on electricity has been initiated nor implemented by the buhari administration. So what are we saying?

2. Petroleum Sector:
The writer went further to say that "refineries are almost fully revamped and disappearance of queues at filling station". This is a barefaced lie and an insult to our sensibilities. Refinery Turn Around Maintenance was instituted by GEJ's administration and the NNPC clearly stated earlier this year that they will be up and running by 2016. However, the Buhari team came up to tell us that PH refinery will work at 80% level by End of June or Early July. We have passed this date and yet nothing. The writer rather than keep quiet still went on to say refinery will be up within a "month". Which month again is he referring to? The writer obviously isn't a resident of Nigeria otherwise he'd have noticed fuel queues in cities like Lagos and Abuja. In fact, fuel is sold above the approved pump price in many filling stations across Nigeria.
The writer talked about subsidy payment, it is a shame that the same Buhari that said there was nothing like subsidy is the same person paying billions of Naira for the same subsidy. I don't even know what the author was trying to say because Buhari is yet to make any move to see to reduction of money spent on subsidy. In fact it was GEJ's Finance Minister Ngozi Iwaela that instituted committee to verify subsidy claims by marketers.

3. Foreign Affairs:
It is funny that the author tried to make it appear like the MNJTF was Buhari's idea. The truth is MNJTF was formed under the Jonathan's administration, Buhari only inherited what GEJ put in place. It is also funny that the author counted rhetoric support of G7 as part of Buhari's achievement. This is a shame. In fact, under GEJ Western countries like UK, Canada, France etc as well as Affrican countries pledged assistance to President Jonathan when he was in power against Boko terrorists.
www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/17/west-african-countries-must-unite-fight-boko-haram-nigeria

4. Trade and Investment:
This will make the most pathetic among all the propaganda items. It is on record that there has been no new industry nor has any plan to come in since Buhari took over because investors don't understand the direction of the government. In fact, it was reported that billions have been lost and cost of commodities in the market have increased since Buhari took over.
www.encomium.ng/market-women-housewives-bemoan-skyrocketing-prices-of-foodstuff-2/

5. Anti-Corruption:
The author also listed names of people on bail as achievement of Buhari. What is there to celebrate when Admiral Nyako and his son APC Senator Aziz Nyako that are facing N30billion corruption charge (instituted by GEJ) were granted bail of meagre N350million each? Nothing has been heard of Timpre Sylva. What is it to celebrate when Sule Lamido and Sons are yet to be convicted but merely remanded? Ali Modu Sheriff is still walking a free man. Though we commend him for instituting the case against Ikedi Ohiakim, what is there to celebrate when the former Governor has been granted bail?

6. Public Finance:
It is also funny that the author eulogised Buhari for sharing our common wealth to governors in the name of bailout. The same governors that mismanaged almost N3trillion that they got from the ECA between 2011 and 2014.
I want to appreciate the CBN under Buhari for the $3billion increase of our reserve but I want to remind the sai buhari group that they were the same people that called for the head of CBN Gov Godwin Emefiele when he announced that the CBN will no longer spend our foreign exchange to import 40 items including toothpick and Private jet. In fact one of them created a thread where he claimed to be an economist to chide the CBN Gov. Yet the result of the CBN policy yielded extra $3billion in Reserve www.nairaland.com/2422899/cbn-governor-should-sacked-immediate.

It is understandable that the Sai Buhari group have been looking aimlessly for something to hold on to as "Buhari's achievement since May 29, I urge them to shun the propaganda route but instead tell Mr President to do what is right. Nigerians are tired of hearing of multiple bomb blast everyday. We are still waiting for Buhari's asset declaration. Investors are waiting for policy direction. Nigerians cannot be deceived anymore. Buhari should get to work.

May God Bless Us All
.....you compare a six year tenure to a barely two month tenure.......you sound more political than realistic

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by duality(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
@ barcanista just hit the nail on its head. We are watching this administration closely. When you point out their weakness, they'll tell you about GEJ etc. They are still holding on to propaganda. We shall follow them closely this time.

4 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by BraniacX(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
2pointsonly:
This post doesn't make any sense. Sorry.
You don't have to always counter every pro-APC thread.

Yes he does

Especially when they are filled with lies and propaganda

3 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by lionduke(m): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2015

3 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by abat4real37(f): 5:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
What are we assuming now, when did this government took power that Nigerians are comparing with the past government that spent over 5years in office
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by LockDown69(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
TANoid alert!!
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by NeduLuiZ(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
jamace:
Say that to the innocent citizens being bombed and killed every day.
being bombed nd killed since 2009
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
WIZGUY69:
sad
As much as I am an Apc supporter and a Buhari fan, I am forced to say I have not seen any tangible policy been implemented. and the promises during his campaign has not been felt.
to crown it all am not really impressed with the present government, they should be proactive.

God bless you too.
may God bless you chief Wizguy.

1 Like

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by funmilade4real(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ori ogbeni Barca yi ti buru ooooo
6 years against 44 days, you go school at all?

2 Likes

Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by hustler86(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
barcanista:

2. Petroleum Sector:

3. Foreign Affairs:

4. Trade and Investment:

5. Anti-Corruption:

6. Public Finance:

May God Bless Us All

U've jst won a medal of the greatest pessimist of all time. In dj zeez's voice : atewo fun barcanista, atewo fun awon tanoids, atewo for anybody wey dey folo barcanista grin
Re: In Response To "Things We Have Noticed Since PMB Assumed Power" by adebayo201: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2015
Though some areas have seen improved power, many other areas are experiencing
difficult times when it comes to power.

Of course, what else are you expecting It's slow and steady. Rome wasn't built in a day. Please, cut the Crap.

The writer obviously isn't a resident of Nigeria otherwise he'd have noticed fuel queues in cities like Lagos and Abuja. In fact, fuel is sold above the approved pump price in many filling stations across Nigeria.
if the Op isn't residing in Nigeria, tell me how you've become omnipresent You see to every places in the country and you also used Lagos and Abuja as big as Nigeria is... na wa oh!

The same governors that mismanaged almost
N3trillion that they got from the ECA
between 2011 and 2014.

I want to appreciate the CBN under
Buhari for the $3billion increase of our
reserve
but I want to remind the sai
buhari group that they were the same
people that called for the head of CBN
Gov Godwin Emefiele when he announced
that the CBN will no longer spend our
foreign exchange to import 40 items
including toothpick and Private jet.

@bold, under what administration please
@underlined, thanks for the compliment... *winks*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bayelsa State Governor, Governor Dickson Unveils Housing Units In Bayelsa / Guber Tribunal Judgement: We’ve Been Vindicated – Rivers APC / Saraki In Closed Door Meeting With Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.