Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom - Education (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom (150651 Views)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Participation Thread / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition: The Waiting Is Over / Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Planning Chatroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 28, 2015
Mind you, fynestboi, only 2 judges scored our essay against Yabatech.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by TopeQs: 6:48am On Dec 28, 2015
MY OPINION.....

finestboi, I think the problem started cos of this introduced word count of a stuff, an official debate doesn't have a word count....okay, this is online, there should only be maximum count which is 1200, if we like we should use 500 words as far as our point is gotten it shouldn't mind.

and this reference of a thing is cheating....let us flex our muscles, let us give an essay direct from our mind and brains.....when you're writing an exam and some answers you wrote where from the materials you got online...would you put references in your answer sheet
please ponder on this....

HOPE THIS REFERENCE WILL STOP FROM NEXT STAGE........IT'S ONLY MAKING PEOPLE GET A EASY WAY AROUND THE ESSAY....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by TopeQs: 6:54am On Dec 28, 2015
BTW, he be like say this mention isn't working oh..........
try to pm the debaters before and on the D-day.....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 28, 2015
TopeQs:
MY OPINION.....

finestboi, I think the problem started cos of this introduced word count of a stuff, an official debate doesn't have a word count....okay, this is online, there should only be maximum count which is 1200, if we like we should use 500 words as far as our point is gotten it shouldn't mind.

and this reference of a thing is cheating....let us flex our muscles, let us give an essay direct from our mind and brains.....when you're writing an exam and some answers you wrote where from the materials you got online...would you put references in your answer sheet

HOPE THIS REFERENCE WILL STOP FROM NEXT STAGE........IT'S ONLY MAKING PEOPLE GET A EASY WAY AROUND THE ESSAY....

The reference was misused, its initial essence was to confirm quotes, definition and what have you. when u quote Osama bin Laden when he never said anything, u should be able to back it up with a source. But we're in Nigeria, our country people don hijack am.

Area!!! 9ja I hail o.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by IamDejman(m): 8:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:

TEAM 1
Debate Topic: Education is a right not a privilege.

FUTMINNA (RIGHT)
AAU (Privilege)
FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC OKO (Right)
LASU (Privilege)
How many debaters allowed per team
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by sammyscholar(m): 8:14am On Dec 28, 2015
[/i]
LARRYDKING:

The reference was misused, its initial essence was to confirm quotes, definition and what have you. when u quote Osama bin Laden when he never said anything, u should be able to back it up with a source. But we're in Nigeria, our country people don hijack am.

Area!!! 9ja I hail o.
even if he referenced, [i]the usgage was still wrong.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by emaculate99: 8:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:

► Oluwafavourme
► Penplayer

► Carlson001
► MosquitoLaps
► EngineSamuels

► Latino2swt
► Collinswhite

► Emaculate99
► OAUTemitayo

ENTER HERE TO BOOK SPACE

https://www.nairaland.com/2811899/nairaland-interschool-debate-third-edition
ok
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by sammyscholar(m): 8:30am On Dec 28, 2015
TopeQs:
MY OPINION.....

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Thollulope(m): 8:48am On Dec 28, 2015
Do we hav the court of appeal here
15marks too much for word counts
please can we write officially for u guys to reduce it
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by TopeQs: 8:56am On Dec 28, 2015
LARRYDKING:

Area!!! 9ja I hail o.

that's true.......but it's been misused...
the reference I used is just to support some definitions in my essay.....

I hail my 9ja people.......

IT ISN'T EASYundecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by TopeQs: 8:57am On Dec 28, 2015
sammyscholar:
[/i]even if he referenced, [i]the usgage was still wrong.

yes that's the point......it's misused.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by makazona(m): 9:13am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:

Corruption is a societal evil crippling
our country Nigeria; who takes the most
blame our leaders or the followers?.
UNIUYO Leaders
UNILORIN Followers
UNIJOS Leaders
UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN Followers
NU Leaders

If i got you well, then it means i am not among the listed schools above...Remember u regrouped us because we have few reps from our various schools.
Bouquetofjoy, how far? I didnt hear from you again?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 28, 2015
callertune:

Callertune, Epaul were supposed to be here to participate representing DELSU. I, callertune had actually not followed the process stage by stage as I thought I would get a pm or email thinking that was the essence of dropping email addresses as we did earlier.
Since DELSU and UNIPORT did not turn up as Team 2 members, the proposed conclusion to rule both teams out in favour of the two Lagos team who actually contested is been opposed by me as i don't think its the best option as seen in other contests. If as in football matches, country A was to play against B, both teams were for some unknown reasons absent, countries C and D played theirs with a winner and loser, it does not mean an automatic qualification into next round for teams C and D.
I had channeled my prayer to NSID admin via email for possible consideration for a rematch for team DELSU and UNIPORT on same or different topic. I had also contacted Epaul, my teammate on the issue. When I get feedback from him, we will hopefully be expecting the best decision from the NSID admin.
My sincere apologies to team DELSU. I pray we get the second chance.
Fynestboi:

sent you a mail...
Please, fynestboi, I would really be grateful if my team-mate's plea is favourably treated and TeamDelsu handed a second chance.
I roundly think a 2nd chance is possible given the fact the debate is very much still in its preliminary stage.
I apologise for my Team-mate's disturbing absence.. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Epaul:
Please, fynestboi, I would really be grateful if my team-mate's plea is favourably treated and TeamDelsu handed a second chance.
I roundly think a 2nd chance is possible given the fact the debate is very much still in its preliminary stage.
I apologise for my Team-mate's disturbing absence.. Thank you in advance.

No problem sir...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2015
makazona:

If i got you well, then it means i am not among the listed schools above...Remember u regrouped us because we have few reps from our various schools.
Bouquetofjoy, how far? I didnt hear from you again?

Your school was suppose to be Nairaland University. Which essay submission was stated for yesterday. But you guys didn't show up.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:50am On Dec 28, 2015
FrancisTony:
Mind you, fynestboi, only 2 judges scored our essay against Yabatech.

Yap...

Remember I told you we are testing the credibility of out new judges. So we. Can decide to use four judges. If we like.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:52am On Dec 28, 2015
TopeQs:
MY OPINION.....

We. TEAMNISD are working on that, a country where there is no law there is no sin, it was not clearly stated how reference should be properly done, but now we are staging it in. For the next stage.. It will be tight.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:53am On Dec 28, 2015
IamDejman:

How many debaters allowed per team

Two...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 9:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Thollulope:
Do we hav the court of appeal here
15marks too much for word counts
please can we write officially for u guys to reduce it

Hmmmmm I feel your pain Thollulope, the team is working on your course. Just hang around..
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:

Yap...

Remember I told you we are testing the credibility of out new judges. So we. Can decide to use four judges. If we like.
The only credible judges I have seen so far are Naijadeyhia and Adeaks.

But it seems adeaks is ******* me. lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 28, 2015
Sleekyshuga
ThelastNazgul
Snoopy
Mynd44

They can serve as judges.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 10:05am On Dec 28, 2015
FrancisTony:
Sleekyshuga
ThelastNazgul
Snoopy
Mynd44

They can serve as judges.

grin grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:

grin grin
What is funny? They are all graduates and won't officiate their respective schools.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 10:09am On Dec 28, 2015
FrancisTony:

What is funny?
They are all graduates and won't officiate their respective schools.
I know.

Mynd44 undecided
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Thollulope(m): 10:09am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:

Hmmmmm I feel your pain Thollulope, the team is working on your course. Just hang around..

kk boss
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 10:17am On Dec 28, 2015
TopeQs:
BTW, he be like say this mention isn't working oh..........

try to pm the debaters before and on the D-day.....

Those that send in their number will get message....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:18am On Dec 28, 2015
I hope those for 12pm are ready...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Aminat508(f): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2015
cheesy
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2015
Isacolukay
TonyeBarcanista
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by sammyscholar(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2015
Fynestboi:
I hope those for 12pm are ready...
The ever gallant representatives of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, are very well at alert. All eyes gazed at the clock; 12 noon, we await.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom by Fynestboi: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2015
sammyscholar:
[color=#000099][/color]The ever gallant representatives of The Polytechnic, Ibadan, are very well at alert. All eyes gazed at the clock; 12 noon, we await.

You are mouthed... .

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (65) (Reply)

2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / List Private Universities In Nigeria / ✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.